THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine & Farmer fired what's next?

hoorta

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe Gase chose Miami over Cleveland, the Browns are definitely the best gig in the NFL. Paging Doug Marrone, Doug Marrone you're wanted in Berea.

Okay, so you believe that Adam GaSe is the perfect guy for this situation? Or you don't think he is and you're just bitching?

:)

WSS

Okay, so you believe that Adam GaSe is the perfect guy for this situation? Or you don't think he is and you're just bitching?

:)

WSS

I think Gase is one of the better coaching options out there and I'm fairly certain that I've witnessed this shit show before. Then Jimmy Haslam put on his best douchebag smile and said after an exhaustive search they finally found the perfect guy, Mike Pettine.

I think Gase is one of the better coaching options out there and I'm fairly certain that I've witnessed this shit show before. Then Jimmy Haslam put on his best douchebag smile and said after an exhaustive search they finally found the perfect guy, Mike Pettine.

But, as it's been reported ad nauseum, the Browns are looking for someone new and fresh that will buy into this magical computer football general manager app system.

WSS

lol... there's an app for that...

http://www.nfl.com/mobile/flickqb

We can all be good at this now. ;)

Up next Tour Football, Browns newest QB! :lol:

Oh, by the way, you are not my starter. Let me be very public about that so we set the ground rules before you get carried away with this. :P

Jackson has his interview with the Browns in about 1/2 hour. Had a 5 hour interview with San Francisco this morning.

I trust we both traveled to him??? Interviewing is exhausting enough without sandwiching in a 3/4 transcontinental flight...

I prefer big hue. I would not be disappointed with that hire.

Me too Mike! I'm a work in progress with what we need most so I'll share what I like about him above others at this point. His length of NFL experience gives me the impression he'll be able to hire the best group of assistants. And what did we learn about out last coaching staff? Many fans and players seemed unhappy with the group of defensive assistants hired here when it was all said and done.

Next, how long will the assistant coaches that can help our next Head Coach be around/available for the hiring? Hue's season is over today while Patricia's season could go a few more weeks.

Okay so how about a little pep talk about how doable Hue is for Cleveland? What UT booster intercepted a family tradition of Mannings going to Ole Miss with a private jet? Look, Jimmy's made mistakes but this guy LOVES football with a burning desire for his teams to compete or there is simply no such thing as him being THE reason why Peyton Manning chose UT. Now he can sell Hue with the reality that the pick of the litter at QB will be on our doorstep to be protected by the best blind side tackle in football.

I think the name "Morocco Brown" would be an excellent handle for a professional wrestler.

There used to be a Morocco Mole on TV.

He hung out with Secret Squirrel

After 3.5 hours with Hue Jackson no offer was made. Now the truth should come out on Marvin Lewis gone or Hue's goes home to 49ers?

Reports are that Lewis is not being fired. Hue received no offer from either the Browns or the 49ers.

Mark O--My gut tells me Natty & players our better with Hue than Marvin Lewis. Time will tell..

Could be right...but all reports are that Lewis isn't being fired.

Also this just came out..

Michael Silver @MikeSilver 6m6 minutes ago

I'm told the Giants are expected to request permission to talk to Hue Jackson tomorrow. But Browns, Niners may decide on 1st choice by then.

Oakland was behind us and Cinci was way behind us in accepting analytics... and that was before we went "all in".

Would not seem to make those franchises the most fertile ground for our next HC.

So, you guys want old school Marvin Lewis?

Why would anybody want Lewis? Dude hasnt won anything and hes had great players and great teams. A proven loser. And before you tell me he's won more then the Browns. I dont care. One and out every year would be more frustrating then just being bad. At least I know whats coming.

One and out every year would be more frustrating then just being bad. At least I know whats coming.

They know what's coming too, they just pretend like it isn't going to happen every year. "this is the bengals year" "this is the bengals year" "this is the bengals year" "this is the bengals year"

I think really this should have been the "bengals year" because I think they have some pretty good players going into FA next year - not sure how their money situation is looking or anything like that.

Really though, Lewis' players failed him this time - it wasn't the other way around.

If I was the Bengals I would have tried to keep Mike Zimmer and push Lewis to permanent GM role. This year I may try to keep Hue and push Lewis to GM role. But it's understandable why they aren't giving up on Lewis yet.

Archived