THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3 Signs with the Browns

KillerInstinct3

Well that too- and you're right. No coach\GM\scout is going to come out publicly after a workout and say "man, this kid sucks." It's smokescreen season, and the Browns are laying down a pretty heavy cloud.

Now regarding RG III- you may be right, I share your apprehension. But that's based on reports Griffin has been figured out, ala Derek Anderson who had only one pitch speed- a blazing fastball, with zero touch. Take away the deep stuff, and he was toast- tossing rockets his running backs couldn't handle on swing passes.

If it is true Griffin can't read a defense to save his life, we just wasted around $6 million to find out he hasn't learned anything in 4 years as a pro. The guy isn't stupid, so just maybe he can be coached up to a rudimentary level. MHO is he probably can't do much worse than McCown, and assuming we take a QB @ #2, he can be the pinata while the line stabilizes, and the rookie sits and watches.

I'm amazed he would come here if he's just basically the punching bag till Rocky gets his shit together. But , I guess at this point.. He's not in position to ask for much.. It's sad to wind up that way.. weather or not you like the guy or not. But I guess this is where Hue and House and Pep will earn thier pay check's so to speak.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here ya go, you old smartass!!.. :P

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/29/6077941/nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-deadline

scroll down to where it says.. what makes a player eligible.

"In addition, a player is allowed on the practice squad for two years. If a player is on the practice squad for six weeks, up fron three weeks per the previous agreement, in a season, it is considered a year of PS sevice. Players are only allowed to be on a practice squad for a third year if their team keeps 53 players on the active-inactive list at all times."

many NFL players have been on Practice Squads for 3 years. but typically 2 or less.

Well there goes the 2nd pick going for a qb maybe a good thing. J. Ramsey is the solid choice here right now.

why? please explain.

we are talking about a billion dollar company here, with no certain franchise QB on the roster, picking 2nd overall, with no guarantee they will be picking anywhere near the top of the draft next year and you are thinking Ramsey who you feel is "solid". ?? REALLY?!?

allow me to step off track a moment. i own four hooptie automobiles, that i affectionately call my "beaters". two are pretty rough. one is a classic. the fourth i acquired recently, is a restoration but the frame is pretty shoddy and i'm still unsure if it can hold up as an everyday option...but it looks decent so far.

as it stands now i feel i have two fairly reliable work cars, and i may decide to let the other two go entirely.

they may each run another 10 years...but none would preclude me from buying a new car.

a car analogy is just that--a car analogy--but hopefully it helped illustrate that just because the browns have QBs, the decision to draft their future guy is mutually exclusive.

RG3 is an unknown. right now the entire QB room-Griffin included-doesn't even add up to half of some franchise QBs yearly salaries, and adding a rookie contract still won't put them (all combined) near the cost of what most teams spend on their franchise QBs alone.

the team is unsure if their franchise QB is on the roster at the moment. simply adding another piece to the Browns puzzle is certainly not a foregone conclusion they won't draft a QB 2nd overall.

You pick a QB in 2017 or 2018 with your top 3 pick. I think we all can agree that the most consistent way to build a better team is to build a solid defense. I think that was the Farmer/Pettine plan but don't think they fully committed to it.

If securing top QBs was easy Blaine Gabbert/Josh Mccown/Brian Hoyer wouldn't be starters

agree that they certainly don't grow on trees...so while they are picking at the top of the draft this year why would they risk passing on one if they believe Goff or Wentz could be their guy aka future franchise QB?

put another way, while 2nd overall is a valuable spot to pick at, would you rather spend ONE pick on a shot at finally securing the QB position for the first time since the early/mid 1990s, or wait a couple years and potentially have to mortgage several future drafts spending three (or more) 1st rd picks to attempt to climb up a handful of spots--ala Wash Redskins and RG3--just to watch him possibly bust.

no one makes that trade cheaply either and rest assured, the other 31 teams don't want the Browns to have a franchise QB just as badly as we DO want them to.

put like that, using the 2nd overall pick and possibly securing him now (or busting wasting a single pick) sounds a hell of a lot better than selling the farm to get one and then seeing him bust. Wimbley, Taylor, Mingo, Gilbert, Shelton etc coulda been franchise QBs. there's some examples of the Browns previous attempts at building a dominant defense at the expense of not investing in THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD.

hell, toss in Edwards, Winslow, Richardson and Erving as well. all wastes.

Weeden and JFF aside, going cheap via McJake, Frye, Quinn, McCoy, Dorsey, Shaw etc hasn't worked out. i hope this new regime tries a true blue-chip top 10 player at QB for once this decade...

to think the Browns can afford to pass up the opportunity to draft someone they like (assuming they do like Wentz or Goff) and can roll the dice and then a year or two from now have a franchise QB fall right in their lap at their natural pick without moving higher in the draft...is just being greedy in my opinion. reprehensibly so.

3) unless we're sure Wentz/Goff is a franchise QB, I'm fine taking the best available, elite player. Build the team then plug in the QB. Going the other way is what we've done for years. We'll just break the QB. No one us is expecting great things. Let RG3 and maybe a later QB run the show. If one does well, you got your guy. If not, at least you have a young superstar

obviously just cuz you draft one at #2 doesn't mean you have to throw him in there immediately.

remember Kitna? let RG3 and McCown be the cannonfodder until the kid adjusts to the nfl and the o line is adequate to protect the future franchise QB. actually, from here it appears that very well may be the plan.

if the Browns don't like Wentz or Goff then it's BPA all the way for me, regardless of offense or defense.

JUST NO MORE FRIGGIN BUSTS!!

? RG3 was the 2nd pick of the draft and ROY. Clearly he showed some promise but at this point is a miss, drafting a 10+ year franchise QB is tough.

and you surely don't find one passing up QBs to take cornerbacks or defensive ends that may or may not convert to OLB. not specifically directed at you Bacon, just saying.

Well until McCown is cut/traded, I think he beats RG3 out personally. Also, Hue might have set up a competition between the rook and RG3, but this makes it seems like the rook will sit and learn regardless.

consider the source: cbs sports doesn't know any more than MKCabot. they are purely speculating McCown will be gone. and i agree, McCown > RG3 as far as football intelligence and exp. could be a close race depending on playcalling.

Then you try to get the QB you take in round 2-3-4 to be as good or better than any expect. It happens.

can good QBs be found in late rounds consistently enough for it to be a viable strategy for finding the person known as the single most important player on the entire team?

remember we are talking about a billion dollar franchise here, one that should be expected to make sound, prudent, educated decisions and not gambling at that level correct? but it does seem as if they do, and may have to.

is it that franchise QBs can realistically be found later, or should those [couple few present-day actual legit franchise QBs] that were passed on and taken late just have been taken much, much sooner?

i dare anyone to try and name a single team in the NFL that--if given the advantage of hindsight--would NOT be willing to spend a 1st rd pick on Tom Brady or Russell Wilson. good luck w that.

in my opinion finding one late is definitely more exception than rule. "flukes" if you will.

here's reality: as noted, it's a billion dollar company predominantly hinging upon one position, yet so many of our fans, GMs, FO, Owners etc seem completely willing to be absolutely cheap and not truly invest in the position. then there's the issue w investing too much. both are detrimentally irresponsible.

for we suffering fans, after 25 plus QBs in the span of Peyton Manning's career (i think it might be 27 now?) you'd think you could rule out naivety or lack of realization by now as reasons why some aren't on board w drafting JG or CW and want D. maybe they aren't sold on them as franchise QBs. maybe their ideal and ultimate Browns team is seen through Ohio State glasses. who knows why but offseason disagreement is decent fun either way. :)

I think it's more likely we go RG3/someone/rookie than RG3/rookie/someone.

I think, given RG3's injury history and the luck that circles Cleveland QB's, they're going to want as much padding between #1 and rookie as possible - assuming they are buying full in on the "developing" a QB narrative.

It feels a lot like the Brees/Rivers SD situation to me. We have a talented QB, but we like a guy in this draft. We're going to build the team and still put us in a chance to win with RG3, while our rookie rides the pine behind an older, very experienced vet.

Next season, we'll cut the old vet and the rookie moves up to #2. RG3 will play for a contract extension here, but we have the bargaining chips because of the rookie. RG3 will play well, get injured, the rookie will take over and that will be it.

EXACTLY like SD.

^^^ by far my favorite scenario, everybody wins.

...except Browns opponents. and perhaps McJosh. although Josh is still a winner in some ways, because like Cribbs (but on a different scale) he will likely forever garner respect from the Browns fanbase for bleeding for us and showing us his immense heart on the field and will be extended the honors we publicly bestow upon our Browns royalty.

something guys like Dilfer, Dorsey, Garcia, Quinn, Frye, Weeden, Wallace, Campbell etc will probably never experience.

Hue stuck his neck out on this one. The focus has been on RG's "attitude". Even if it has improved, there is still a little matter of "aptitude" for the position.

And that is the key point... RG's running masked his pass deficiencies his rookie year. Injury eliminated the running. The passing never developed.

here's hoping the game has slowed down significantly for RG3 and that Hue & Co take a personal interest in coaching him up/developing him further. the former cannot be understated and will hopefully be a difference-maker.

steak without seasoning sucks as bad as virginal coitus. on paper RG3 should improve with age and exp. let's hope he stays healthy and his potential can finally be realized. this is not entitlement talking--but if anyone deserves it, seriously it has to be us.

Well, I only started it because others have concluded that dumping McCown is the way to go.....and getting some other unknown, perhaps totally inexperienced commodity to replace him. To me, that is far from ideal. I would prefer keeping someone that we know is reliable, steady, if not spectacular, than having no experience at all on our side beyond the fragile Griffin.

i agree Gipper.

Of course that's what happened. Ok, maybe Hue is the sweetest talking man on the planet, but I'll stick to no one else wanted him as a starter.

a silver lining is that for some people rejection is great fuel for success. doubt is the only way to bring out that "i'll show you!" fire in a person.

would be great if RG3 has that fire in him.

success is a healthy revenge.

yeah, this is a headscratcher indeed....they are saying rg3 is just going to be a bridge qb and will be looking to latch on with someone else eventually...why do we have to showcase this guy for other teams and pay him...jeeeez, this fo just constantly fucks up...draft the qb at number 2 and let him play..wentz looks like he has the tools...at least he has not had 2 knee surguries either...if jackson is this incredible coach that knows how to groom qb's, then groom the kid hue and let mccown the backup...he can pitch in also...this is just nuts....

most guys play their best ball in contract years. maybe we'll get lucky and either get high level play out of him or even better yet strike gold and end up retaining him. or plan B w a rookie. or plan C which is me simply hoping this billion $$ company actually has a plan C.

if they draft a QB i suspect you will probably like this affordable incentive-driven signing a little bit more.

although we hope one of them can be our franchise guy, we aren't roped over a barrel and entirely committed to either one.

nothing to lose, everything to gain.

i like having contingencies, options, and cushion/insurance. personally i'm satisfied thus far.

If we take Goff or Wentz and they flop, we're only out 1 first round pick, not three.

exactly how i see it.

I'll go on record I like what I see out of the Goff Wentz duo.

agree as well. slightly selfish lean toward Wentz for some "Tebow-ish" potential and QB size is always welcome and definitely preferable in the AFCN.

even on real grass Browns QBs seem to always rank at the top for having the leagues worst durability issues.

If it is true Griffin can't read a defense to save his life, we just wasted around $6 million to find out he hasn't learned anything in 4 years as a pro. The guy isn't stupid, so just maybe he can be coached up to a rudimentary level. MHO is he probably can't do much worse than McCown, and assuming we take a QB @ #2, he can be the pinata while the line stabilizes, and the rookie sits and watches.

i do hope for "RGknee"s sake (just quoting, not my words!) he doesn't read the board.

lol that's some brutal burn.

better watch our backs, i see edromero is in town...

lol. as if being a Browns QB didn't fuck his week up enough already he's gotta take shit from us fans too. in his own thread! haha

i kinda pity him actually.

I'm amazed he would come here if he's just basically the punching bag till Rocky gets his shit together. But , I guess at this point.. He's not in position to ask for much.. It's sad to wind up that way.. weather or not you like the guy or not. But I guess this is where Hue and House and Pep will earn thier pay check's so to speak.

if i'm RG3 and i wanna make multi-millions a year but don't care a whole lot about a SB ring--or even starting really--then i'd secretly hope they retain McJosh.

also, depending upon what they have told me--for instance if they did NOT tell me they were looking past Josh and he may still be a viable starter--if i were just looking to back-up a starter at QB McJosh staying may actually entice me to sign with Cleveland. just food for thought, thinking aloud.

didn't RG3 once say he was glad Cleveland didn't draft him? if true, look how that DC grass sure ain't any greener in Washington today eh Robert?

pleasant weather is always nice but when it comes to DC vs Cle and most other places locations are a wash. there are things that matter a whole lot more to players like respecting and liking your owners, having a loyal fanbase that can pick you up when you fall, and realizing who your friends really are for example.

DC is not better than Cleveland and i suspect Robert finally realizes that. to him i hope it feels like a great fit, ending up at another team that reportedly [in addition to Washington] was also trying to trade multiple picks to acquire him...and in turn he scoffed and spit at us and gloated he didn't land in Cle...and then proceeded to go from sugar to shit as he crashed and burned.

all the while we are still here, willing to forgive and forget, offering him a legit opportunity to immortalize himself to the city and the entire Browns fanbase. it's about as close to being a god in cleveland as you can get.

squander or plunder? i feel the question is one of motivation. i doubt he realizes the true gravity and extent of this opportunity presented before him. i really do. but i hope he does GET IT, but also WANTS IT, and even more so is CAPABLE OF ACHIEVING it.

right now this team is his if he wants it.

RG3s drive and ambition will tell his story in Cleveland.

depending upon how hungry he is to lead and how far he wants to commit to the team, he could be a huge part of this team moving forward. or he might be a millionaire riding pine if McJosh is still around.

either way, this team can and hopefully will provide all the tools and support needed for him to realize whatever his ambitions may be here.

personally, i'd like to see him "wreck this league" for years.

if they take Wentz or Goff or whoever and a few years down the road the Browns are perennial playoff contenders w Griffin but his backup is nipping at his heels like Young/Montana Rogers/Farve and it's neck and neck at practice?? talk about good problems to have, i'd welcome that QB controversy with open arms.

I think we're all apprehensive for 2 reasons. 1) He wasn't wired to be a pocket passer speed reading progressions (not all book smart guys speed read well see Brady Quinn). 2) He's been injury prone in the style he is wired for. Like I used to say for Yao Ming: "Made in China - stayed on sideline."

Let's hope RG3 becomes a little more durable while I think Hue can put RG3 in a lot of the waggle pass tree where 1 third has a short, intermediate and deep route on it with someone also hitting middle seam. Waggles are setup like bootlegs and Joe Gibbs used these very frequently with the 6' Joe Theisman especially when/if the had the power sweeps and counter tre's well to set up the ideal play action for the waggle passes. I don't think Theisman would have been efficient for a lot of coaches/systems so it was a damn good thing he played for the perfect match coming out of the CFL. I also think RG3 can effectively throw timing patterns from a specified drop to an area of the field as evidenced in some of his deep hook ups. There's some goodies Hue can tap here IMO.

Going from not being wanted to being wanted could change an attitude for the better. We're not getting the guy that saw what Daniel Snyder was willing to give up for him + all the endorsements he was needed for = entitled diva. We're getting a guy showing up to an opportunity with something to prove.

I think we're all apprehensive for 2 reasons. 1) He wasn't wired to be a pocket passer speed reading progressions (not all book smart guys speed read well see Brady Quinn). 2) He's been injury prone in the style he is wired for. Like I used to say for Yao Ming: "Made in China - stayed on sideline."

Let's hope RG3 becomes a little more durable while I think Hue can put RG3 in a lot of the waggle pass tree where 1 third has a short, intermediate and deep route on it with someone also hitting middle seam. Waggles are setup like bootlegs and Joe Gibbs used these very frequently with the 6' Joe Theisman especially when/if the had the power sweeps and counter tre's well to set up the ideal play action for the waggle passes. I don't think Theisman would have been efficient for a lot of coaches/systems so it was a damn good thing he played for the perfect match coming out of the CFL. I also think RG3 can effectively throw timing patterns from a specified drop to an area of the field as evidenced in some of his deep hook ups. There's some goodies Hue can tap here IMO.

Going from not being wanted to being wanted could change an attitude for the better. We're not getting the guy that saw what Daniel Snyder was willing to give up for him + all the endorsements he was needed for = entitled diva. We're getting a guy showing up to an opportunity with something to prove.

This is the one and only reason I share any optimism. Does have talent, definitely has something to prove. The guy really can throw the ball for speed and distance. But again, speed reads may not be there, and I believe that will lead to injury. I hope he stays healthy, but the pessimist in me says IR before week 6.

First, I move that page 10 be named the Frisky Singo page...

What do you hate and why do you hate it?

Oh,this must be the part where we ignore Griffin's actual stats and replace them with empty rhstoric and pretend like he hasn't shown his talent. Am I right?

Pretty close... Even though you know what I meant, I'll play this once...

I hate the "if we give him pieces" argument and it's past tense version, "had we only...". Good QBs elevate their surrounding talent. When we land one who does this then I'm all in on building talent around him. As for "why"? Two years of hearing it for JM did the trick...

As for RG3... Yes, he showed his talent... over 800 yds of it his rookie season. Since then injuries have stolen the foundational element of his game... his running. His passing simply has yet to stand on it's own.

It's where we get the "he's bad at going through his progressions" argument jammed down our throat, despite the fact that it's nearly impossible to tell from film for a number of reasons.

No offense to Tour, it's just the same argument over and over again.

None taken... especially since in RG's case it's not my analysis, but that of nearly every writer I've read that has looked at his decline. That said it doesn't hurt that their opinion also jives with RG's stats and my take on him at Baylor.

First, I move that page 10 be named the Frisky Singo page...

Pretty close... Even though you know what I meant, I'll play this once...

I hate the "if we give him pieces" argument and it's past tense version, "had we only...". Good QBs elevate their surrounding talent. When we land one who does this then I'm all in on building talent around him. As for "why"? Two years of hearing it for JM did the trick...

As for RG3... Yes, he showed his talent... over 800 yds of it his rookie season. Since then injuries have stolen the foundational element of his game... his running. His passing simply has yet to stand on it's own.

None taken... especially since in RG's case it's not my analysis, but that of nearly every writer I've read that has looked at his decline. That said it doesn't hurt that their opinion also jives with RG's stats and my take on him at Baylor.

It very well may be the case but, to me, that argument is VERY hard to make from an outsiders perspective for a number of reasons - we don't know the structure of the play, we don't know the pre-snap reads, we don't know where exactly the QBs eyes are, we don't know if or when a receiver runs the right or wrong route, etc.

It's easy to look at a screenshot and say "oh look, so and so missed Y on a delayed post, his second read, and instead dumped off to his back in the flats when he could have had a nice 20 yard gain".

However, what we don't know is Y was NEVER his read and the play was structured to vacate the flat and pull the safety toward the middle of the field, leaving the RB with room to run, and setting up a deep post later in the game.

There's so many moving parts of an offense that vary from a play-to-play basis that I take a lot of those articles with a grain of salt. Now, clearly in RG3's case there is SOMETHING that caused him to get benched, but I think it was more to do with his injuries, causing him not only to lose confidence in his abilities but also shoehorning him into trying to grind it out from the pocket and, thus, make bad decisions.

RG3 isn't a pocket QB. He CAN throw from the pocket, but we see what his ceiling is there - roughly a 90 rating, low 60% completion percentage guy.

He's a boot action, RPO sideline to sideline QB who plays his best football by turning each play into a three pronged attack. PA keeps the run option alive and freezes the safeties, rolling keeps the run alive and flows the linebackers and causes them to vacate their zones, freeing up mid-tree routes that eat up chunks of real estate, and if they don't flow then RG3 is able to gain yards off of the rollout.

That's how he succeeded in 2012 and that's how he'll succeed again. Not as a "running QB" but utilizing his mobility behind the line as a tool to cause the defense to move out of position.

The issue, in my eyes, was never his ability to read defenses, it was in his confidence. You can't hem this guy in and play small ball - they tried it in 2013 and again in 2014. It's not maximizing his skillset.

I just don't understand the issue with signing RG3. He cost us nothing in terms of our future - no draft picks. Money? Shit, we are so far under the cap and we have to spend a certain amount of money per league rules, and hell, it's not our money anyway so what do we care? If they guys that are supposedly so smart with money-ball type stuff think he's worth the gamble of what they're paying him, that should be good enough for all of us simpletons.

If the dude comes in and struggles beyond belief, we are no worse off than where we are now......... a shitty 3-20 team. However, if he comes in and tears it up then we are instantly competitive again...... It's all upside, all ceiling, with no floor.

We still may take a QB in the 1st round, and we may not. If we don't, it's not because the FO thinks that RG3 is the guaranteed future franchise QB of the Browns, but it's because those in charge don't think the top QBs in the draft are worth that high of a pick, no matter what the draft gurus say.

In regards to RG3, R E L A X ......... Let's see how the man looks in our new "high tech" butt ass ugly unis for oh, I don't know, maybe a quarter or two before we all cry.

can good QBs be found in late rounds consistently enough for it to be a viable strategy for finding the person known as the single most important player on the entire team?

remember we are talking about a billion dollar franchise here, one that should be expected to make sound, prudent, educated decisions and not gambling at that level correct? but it does seem as if they do, and may have to.

is it that franchise QBs can realistically be found later, or should those [couple few present-day actual legit franchise QBs] that were passed on and taken late just have been taken much, much sooner?

i dare anyone to try and name a single team in the NFL that--if given the advantage of hindsight--would NOT be willing to spend a 1st rd pick on Tom Brady or Russell Wilson. good luck w that.

in my opinion finding one late is definitely more exception than rule. "flukes" if you will.

here's reality: as noted, it's a billion dollar company predominantly hinging upon one position, yet so many of our fans, GMs, FO, Owners etc seem completely willing to be absolutely cheap and not truly invest in the position. then there's the issue w investing too much. both are detrimentally irresponsible.

for we suffering fans, after 25 plus QBs in the span of Peyton Manning's career (i think it might be 27 now?) you'd think you could rule out naivety or lack of realization by now as reasons why some aren't on board w drafting JG or CW and want D. maybe they aren't sold on them as franchise QBs. maybe their ideal and ultimate Browns team is seen through Ohio State glasses. who knows why but offseason disagreement is decent fun either way. :)

Taking a quick look at teams in the NFL, there are 10 starting quarterbacks not drafted in the first round- (Brees was the first pick in the second). I may be off by one or two. So sure, once in a Blue Moon a Brady or Romo falls into you lap. OTOH, of starting NFL quarterbacks 11 of them were drafted in the top 10 picks. The analytics say If you're drafting in the top 10, you don't have a franchise quarterback, there's a couple there worth of the possibility- you'd be nuts to not take one of them when you have the shot.

Sure first round QB bust, Russell, Harrington, and our litany of losers. But the washout rate (really can't call a 7th round prospect a "bust") of quarterbacks taken in lower rounds is even higher.

MHO is we've spent plenty of time shopping in the bargain bin for quarterbacks- we haven't drafted one in the top 10 since Couch. It's time to roll the dice again.

I am excited to see what a healthy Griffin can do with a HC and coaching staff that believes in him. Griffin's greatest downfall in Washington was the fact that the front office hired a HC that wasn't committed to him.

From what I've seen watching literally every snap of Griffin's career, he remains one of the most talented QB I've every seen.

He has exceptional arm talent that can throw to all levels of the field with a flick of the wrist, he has a quick release, he's accurate. He's a good ball handler, excellent throwing on the run and can adlib to throw downfield.

However he's still learning how to execute a rhythm drop back west coast passing offense. He came from a spread-zone read offense at Baylor and as a rookie played in a Pistol read-option offense. It wasn't until his 3rd season with Jay Gruden did he play in an exclusively west coast passing offense and he was only given 5 games before being benched, only 2 which were actually bad.

When Griffin understands the play concept and where to go with the ball he's not just good he's incredible.

Some of his flaws. When he's unsure/doesn't trust what he sees he holds the ball and looks uncomfortable in the pocket and takes sacks. Surprisingly despite all Griffin's athleticism he has little to no "juke" to his running style you rarely seem him even attempt to make a defender miss. He's a straight line runner that needs to improve at avoiding contact.

I think right now, if Griffin were to be plugged into an offense like the Bills he could put up equal to if not better numbers then Tyrod Taylor. Or if inserted into an offense like the Chiefs he could put up similar numbers to Alex Smith and quickly surpass his level production.

I am excited to see what a healthy Griffin can do with a HC and coaching staff that believes in him. Griffin's greatest downfall in Washington was the fact that the front office hired a HC that wasn't committed to him.

From what I've seen watching literally every snap of Griffin's career, he remains one of the most talented QB I've every seen.

He has exceptional arm talent that can throw to all levels of the field with a flick of the wrist, he has a quick release, he's accurate. He's a good ball handler, excellent throwing on the run and can adlib to throw downfield.

However he's still learning how to execute a rhythm drop back west coast passing offense. He came from a spread-zone read offense at Baylor and as a rookie played in a Pistol read-option offense. It wasn't until his 3rd season with Jay Gruden did he play in an exclusively west coast passing offense and he was only given 5 games before being benched, only 2 which were actually bad.

When Griffin understands the play concept and where to go with the ball he's not just good he's incredible.

Some of his flaws. When he's unsure/doesn't trust what he sees he holds the ball and looks uncomfortable in the pocket and takes sacks. Surprisingly despite all Griffin's athleticism he has little to no "juke" to his running style you rarely seem him even attempt to make a defender miss. He's a straight line runner that needs to improve at avoiding contact.

I think right now, if Griffin were to be plugged into an offense like the Bills he could put up equal to if not better numbers then Tyrod Taylor. Or if inserted into an offense like the Chiefs he could put up similar numbers to Alex Smith and quickly surpass his level production.

Another Griffin fag.

those 2 are also rated far above the QBs that entered the draft in the past 2 years. so if you were screaming for mariota or bortles or winston or twatwater or the garrop, then why shy away from picking one now when the timing is right and the browns haven't picked a QB this high since couch in '99?

hell if we could get 4 all pro players for the #2 then i say trade away but those deals just don't happen anymore so you have to use it when you got it.

The last QB I was thinking, only if, was Luck.

That's not looking deep enough. Flacco (who Wentz is being compared to) went to Delaware State, remember? Goff had near zero supporting cast at Cal. Sure they're a risk-

In the last 30 years there have probably have only been 3-5 QBs who weren't considered a risk, Andrew Luck being the last. FWIW, I was totally against Holmgren's sell the ranch to get RG III- I was right. If we take Goff or Wentz and they flop, we're only out 1 first round pick, not three. I'll go on record I like what I see out of the Goff Wentz duo. BTW, Hue went to both pro days, and liked what he saw.

Flacco was lucky to step into a quality organization with talent already established. Again we are talking about the Browns. Who is the #1 WR on this team? The guy who sat out the year or the other guy.

Archived