THE BROWNS BOARD

Shooting in Orlando Nightclub

One Post

I'll hold you to the same standards I would anyone else... do you have a source?

Not flat out disagreeing, just looking for your source.

From a CDC report in 2010

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20100923/1-in-5-gay-bi-men-have-hiv-nearly-half-dont-know

To be fair, from the 21 cities where HIV is supposedly at its worst

But they don't deny blood just because they're gay, it's because of the HIV (and hepatitis) risk. Iirc it was a federal regulation until fairly recently

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the link I assumed you were looking at when you first posted (first thing I found while googling).

Three notes:

- It says "1/5 gay men have HIV and nearly half (44%) don't know". Your post implied 1/5 gay men had HIV and didnt know. Really it would be 1/10 have it and don't know

- True, it is where this is at its worst. I wonder how it would change over the entire population (obviously it would go down some)

- I wonder if this has improved at all since 2010

You could also make the case to ban young blacks from donating blood

Is this blood not tested though? I didn't realize they just take my word for it when I go to donate blood. I mean, how hard would it be to lie? I'd have to think there is some additional testing going on.

Islam has always been a brutal religion filled with murders and killings for all sorts of infractions. But since they embraced the internet during the iraq war the whole thing has amped up to an incredible degree. Why? Because they know they have a captive audience. The whole world is watching their videos and so they are compelled to amp up the savagery

It also gives them a means to incite crazy lone wolves across the world. Some that might snap on there own, but ISIS may be able to push them over the edge and claim credit. Win / win for them really.

That's the link I assumed you were looking at when you first posted (first thing I found while googling).

Three notes:

- It says "1/5 gay men have HIV and nearly half (44%) don't know". Your post implied 1/5 gay men had HIV and didnt know. Really it would be 1/10 have it and don't know

- True, it is where this is at its worst. I wonder how it would change over the entire population (obviously it would go down some)

- I wonder if this has improved at all since 2010

You could also make the case to ban young blacks from donating blood

Is this blood not tested though? I didn't realize they just take my word for it when I go to donate blood. I mean, how hard would it be to lie? I'd have to think there is some additional testing going on.

That's what I meant, many don't even know.

And they do test all donated blood, but more time and effort to double test false positives and take the time to receive donations from HIV positive people - I guess that's portion of it.

In this case they need blood in a hurry, take it from the lowest risk people possible.

This goes back my original question though VT, what is the answer? Terrorism exists but so does the stuff I'm talking about. Banning Muslims isn't solving the problem.

this situation is kind of like condom use. The condom will irritate and inconvenience a bunch of people. The condom won't protect you against herpes or genital warts, but the condom will protect you from syphilis and gonorrhea (which can kill you). Banning Muslims won't solve terrorism, but that will pose a significant barrier for terrorists abroad who would like to come here and kill Americans. I'd much rather force them to try and turn American citizens than to worry about weeding out the good ones from the bad. Why fight a war on two fronts when you have the means to fight it on a single front?

That's what I meant, many don't even know.

And they do test all donated blood, but more time and effort to double test false positives and take the time to receive donations from HIV positive people - I guess that's portion of it.

In this case they need blood in a hurry, take it from the lowest risk people possible.

So if I'm considered low risk, they don't test it at all? That seems pretty sketchy. I just don't see the point in banning gays from donating. That means they don't test the blood at all, which is an awful idea. If someone wants to donate blood and help out, why turn them away if the blood needs to be tested anyway?

So if I'm considered low risk, they don't test it at all? That seems pretty sketchy. I just don't see the point in banning gays from donating. That means they don't test the blood at all, which is an awful idea. If someone wants to donate blood and help out, why turn them away if the blood needs to be tested anyway?

No they test, but perhaps they don't test every little sample but they test larger samples.

Maybe taking in a higher risk person (like a gay man) gives you a higher risk of contaminating a larger sample.

No they test, but perhaps they don't test every little sample but they test larger samples.

Maybe taking in a higher risk person (like a gay man) gives you a higher risk of contaminating a larger sample.

At the very least then you think they'd allow a gay man with an up to date negative HIV test donate.

But at the same time, that means any crazy person can lie when they donate and give blood that they know is contaminated.

libfucks

You know its true.

So very original.

Edit: so I see the phrase 'ban Muslims'.

How would you apply that? You have many that are born here, red blooded Americans not overly devout on their faith and good people. I have several as friends.

So you're just going to ban American citizens? To where? How? For how long? Are we prepared to send flesh and blood fellow citizens to a different country that will (allow) them asylum??

At the very least then you think they'd allow a gay man with an up to date negative HIV test donate.

But at the same time, that means any crazy person can lie when they donate and give blood that they know is contaminated.

I give blood on a regular basis and while my sanity might be in question by some of you I don't think they take my answer on the questionnaire as proof.

WSS

I give blood on a regular basis and while my sanity might be in question by some of you I don't think they take my answer on the questionnaire as proof.

WSS

My sister worked for yrs as a tech in many many blood banks.. Including a stint just off the Diag .. Yeah, between HIV, Hep and a number of other blood issues, They test.. This conversation is just another "Hey look over here" attempt by the left to take focus off radical islam..

Seriously, why is so much energy being expended to avoid the 600 lb Gorilla in the room?

So very original.

Edit: so I see the phrase 'ban Muslims'.

How would you apply that? You have many that are born here, red blooded Americans not overly devout on their faith and good people. I have several as friends.

So you're just going to ban American citizens? To where? How? For how long? Are we prepared to send flesh and blood fellow citizens to a different country that will (allow) them asylum??

Libfucks, libtards, what the fuck ever, I'm not looking for originality points. ​Way to focus on that and omit the main point.

So do you concede that the world faces a far greater threat from Islamic extremism than Christianity? Yes or no?

Libfucks, libtards, what the fuck ever, I'm not looking for originality points. ​Way to focus on that and omit the main point.

So do you concede that the world faces a far greater threat from Islamic extremism than Christianity? Yes or no?

I'm not sure why you're attempting to pick a fight with me on this. I never once attempted to argue against Islamic extremism as its a great threat and anyone whom was blind to it before shouldn't be now.

You're going at someone whom you can't label a 'libfuck' because... I'm not one. Not that I'm saying you could call me a conservative either. However once you try to argue outside of that little bubble of yours, you get confused. I get it. Simply because I don't clearly lean either left or right you're blindsided when someone says something rather centric so you run home to the terms you know "Lib fuck/tard" ... whatever it is you dumbasses use.

What happened to today is the result of extremism. When anyone acts in the name of their God in anything resembling a manner like this - its extremism. I take offense to anyone who would suggest otherwise. Sadly, extremism is plunging this world into darkness really damn quick.

Too difficult to understand, sweetheart?

ban muslims from immigrating here. that's it. Build a legal wall.

that muslim who did the shooting in florida....

was investigated by the FBI. Twice. If I heard correctly,

he's been to Syria...

armed drones. take em out with a stun grenade and a net. Then fly them to

south mexico. They won't be back too soon.

I'm not sure why you're attempting to pick a fight with me on this. I never once attempted to argue against Islamic extremism as its a great threat and anyone whom was blind to it before shouldn't be now.

You're going at someone whom you can't label a 'libfuck' because... I'm not one. Not that I'm saying you could call me a conservative either. However once you try to argue outside of that little bubble of yours, you get confused. I get it. Simply because I don't clearly lean either left or right you're blindsided when someone says something rather centric so you run home to the terms you know "Lib fuck/tard" ... whatever it is you dumbasses use.

What happened to today is the result of extremism. When anyone acts in the name of their God in anything resembling a manner like this - its extremism. I take offense to anyone who would suggest otherwise. Sadly, extremism is plunging this world into darkness really damn quick.

Too difficult to understand, sweetheart?

Stuart

Blah blah blah.. I anticipated you wouldn't answer the question. The nightclub massacre was the result of Islamic extremism there Barak. Can you say ISLAMIC extremism there junior?

There is no fight, again, do you concede that the world faces a far greater threat from Islamic extremism than that of Christianity?

http://counterjihad.com/isis-infiltrated-homeland-security-orlando-terrorist-worked-major-dhs-contractor

Are we really this clueless?

"The security contractor also provides security guards and other security services for “90 percent of U.S. nuclear facilities.”"

"In 2008, Charlotte, N.C.-based Convergys Corp. came under fire for employing a Muslim computer operator who openly maintained a jihadist website featuring grisly images of American soldiers blown up by al-Qaida terrorists overseas which he said “bring great happiness to me.” Convergys at the time had landed a $2.5 billion federal contract to set up emergency communications centers in the event to terrorist attacks and other disasters.

The employee, 22-year-old Sami Khan, turned out to be an al-Qaida operative. He was killed in 2011 in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen."

Obamao is desperately stirring up a new violent demographic - to benefit from the crisis.

The more violence from muslims and illegals... the closer he thinks he is to convincing the

Supreme Court to ignore our 2nd Amendment rights. don't even try it. You'd have to kill

millions of Americans. and Obamao/Ayers/Dorn/holder/lynch/etc etc...

they know that. Just remember, ObaMao's political career started in the house of friend Bill Ayers'

father.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/2455-obamas-friend-ayers-kill-25-million-americans

it's ISLAMIC extremism. those who keep trying to make it generic,

are just being politically correct to a dumb degree.

there is a world-wide ISLAMIC extremism. It's freaking GLOBAL.

there is no world-wide extremist terrorism in the name of any other religion

on earth.

blDppx.jpg

Stuart

Hmmm...all that intolerance toward gays. They must be backward and unsophisticated cultures.

Right libs?

A conservative calls these cultures backward for whatever and libs go into a hissy fit.

Funny how libs always find themselves in a catch 22.

Don't worry libs, at least there's a chance those murdered in Fla. never got denied a wedding cake.

FGIZT9P.jpg

Stuart

Blah blah blah.. I anticipated you wouldn't answer the question. The nightclub massacre was the result of Islamic extremism there Barak. Can you say ISLAMIC extremism there junior?

There is no fight, again, do you concede that the world faces a far greater threat from Islamic extremism than that of Christianity?

Yeah... I'm not going to get roped into a bitched ass steelers troll that hangs out on a Browns forum.

I answered by saying Islamic Extremism is a problem and especially now there is no denying it. But, as fate would have it - that stereotype of steelers fans being toothless mountain folk whom can't read held true. Who knew?

...So do you concede that the world faces a far greater threat from Islamic extremism than Christianity? Yes or no?

Yes and no.

No, in the fact that the greatest threat to civilization is from religion in general, from people who are willing to destroy themselves and others over fairy tales.

Yes, because out of all of the religious fairy tales, the doctrine of Islam is by far the most extreme in terms of both ideology and the violence that it's adherents are willing to use to impose that doctrine.

Yes and no.

No, in the fact that the greatest threat to civilization is from religion in general, from people who are willing to destroy themselves and others over fairy tales.

Yes, because out of all of the religious fairy tales, the doctrine of Islam is by far the most extreme in terms of both ideology and the violence that it's adherents are willing to use to impose that doctrine.

I can't imagine you are being serious but let's assume that you are. I wonder how many of these murders, and this is just the city of Chicago, were committed in the name of religion. What do you think?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/04/01/murders-shootings-soar-chicago-through-first-three-months-2016/82507210/

WSS

Archived