9 New Orleans Saints 5-8 0.385 0.539

10 Browns (via eagles) 5-8 0.385 0.571

11 Arizona Cardinals 5-7-1 0.417 0.461

12 Cincinnati Bengals 5-7-1 0.417 0.515

13 Buffalo Bills 6-7 0.462 0.465

14 Indianapolis Colts 6-7 0.462 0.495

15 Tennessee Titans 7-6 0.538 0.466

16 Eagles via Vikings 7-6 0.538 0.495

Eagles have remaining games @Raves, vs Giants, vs Cowboys. Unlikely they get past maybe 6 wins, that pick will end up probably in the 9-12 range.

Other 5-8 teams:

- Panthers have a tough-ish schedule, @Redskins, vs Falcons, @Bucs

- Chargers play the browns, so will end up on at least 6, plus games @Raiders, vs Chiefs - 6 it is then.

- Saints are @Cardinals, vs Bucs, @Falcons.

Rams at 4-9 are @Seahawks, vs 49ers and vs Cardinals - can see them picking up at least one win there, possibly another against the cards.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching most of the second half of the 49ers yesterday, I can truly say they look just as pitiful as the Browns. Kap just needs to keep kneeling on the sidelines for the whole afternoon. They will play LA for the California suckatude championship in between losses to the Falcons and Seahawks. 0-16 is the only way we are ensured of #1.

As to all the 5-8 teams it all depends on how badly their opponents need to win for the playoffs as well as how much they will be using that time for player development of 2nd/3rd team players. It can start to look like preseason in that last week or two if neither team has anything to gain. And if they gain a leg up in the draft by losing, they can "develop" while tanking at the same time.

Yep, if the 49ers didn't catch the sucky Rams on an extremely sucky day in week 1 they'd also be 0-13.

Meanwhile in Jacksonville they took a delay of game penalty on the kickoff. "Only in Jacksonville" the fans say. "Excuse me?" says the dawg pound.

Too bad that Pat MaGroin and Texas Tech didn't make a Bowl game, this is the time of year I get interested in seeing these guys play.

Trub has a tough assignment with Stanford, should be a good game.

Zombo

If we take D at 1 and Trubisky is gone when we pick next does anyone like Deshaun Watson if he is still there ?

I like him, and I'm beginning to think that the biggest upgrade this O could receive is at QB, so could be talked into doing it.

Meaning, there are enough parts on the OL for it to be functional (perhaps bringing in a draft/FA center or moving Greco there, or rolling with Reiter); Crow and Johnson can be good enough behind such an OL; Pryor and Coleman should only get better; Barnidge isn't going to let you down.

So the single biggest difference that could be made to the O is getting a good QB.

I like him, and I'm beginning to think that the biggest upgrade this O could receive is at QB, so could be talked into doing it.

Meaning, there are enough parts on the OL for it to be functional (perhaps bringing in a draft/FA center or moving Greco there, or rolling with Reiter); Crow and Johnson can be good enough behind such an OL; Pryor and Coleman should only get better; Barnidge isn't going to let you down.

So the single biggest difference that could be made to the O is getting a good QB.

The biggest difference for the team in general would be a good QB. The D will be much better off if they aren't asked to go back out on the field every 2 minutes.

The biggest difference for the team in general would be a good QB. The D will be much better off if they aren't asked to go back out on the field every 2 minutes.

I mean idk about that, I watch us defer every week and our defense gets steam rolled right out of the gate.

Yesterday it was more like our defense got better as the game went on

I mean idk about that, I watch us defer every week and our defense gets steam rolled right out of the gate.

That's fair, and defense as a whole is the biggest issue to address right now IMO. That being said, the most positive impact one position could make would be a franchise QB. The problem is that we still don't know if there is an honest to God franchise QB in this draft...

Yeah, the whole 'defence gets gassed and worn down because of shitty O' only really holds water if the scoring happens late in the game. Seems our guys are just really inconsistent. D played one half of good football yesterday. O played one quarter. Neither is good enough.

I think I've firmly switched over to the Garrett + whoever camp. If that's Garrett + Trubisky...that's great. If it's Garrett + Kizer, I'll take it.

Here's a no trade draft I would take:

Your score is: 9853 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 11: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (B)
Round 5 Pick 30: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State (B)

There's no way in fuck it happens, though.

Yeah, the whole 'defence gets gassed and worn down because of shitty O' only really holds water if the scoring happens late in the game.

Can easily happen in a half as well...

Great value pick and one I think would fill a niche where we are weak despite the "multitudes" at the position.

TCPO, what is your take on Deshaun Watson? I have only watched a limited amount of football from the guy so I can't make heads or tails of him.

You and the rest of the world. It's so hard to know just what these spread-option type QB's can do. Can he throw? Hell yes. Can he run? Hell yes. Can he hang tough in the pocket, digest the information, and fire accurate footballs under the toughest of circumstances? No clue. LOL.

Watson throws a gorgeous deep ball, can run like the wind, and has plenty of oomph behind the throws to get the ball wherever he wants it. He's a fascinating prospect...but he scares me. That Clemson offense is designed to get defenses out of position and take advantage of all kinds of misdirection. That shit won't fly in the NFL. That being said, the Browns offense would have a similar look to it with Watson as it did last night with RG III. Well, minus the atrocious passing. Watson can definitely run that read-option run play, and has more than enough speed to keep the ball and tuck it up field. I need to stop writing before I talk myself into wanting this kid.

It may be unwarranted, but I have some of the same, main fear with Watson that I had when RG3 came out in 2012... injury.

That is what sends me Kizer's way... more NFL ready physique... better value...

But I still have work to do on those that declare... after they declare...

TCPO, what is your take on Deshaun Watson? I have only watched a limited amount of football from the guy so I can't make heads or tails of him.

I'm high on his character, but thats really it. I was intrigued by his fantastic performance last season, but I didn't see enough this season to warrant a first round selection on him. As Tour stated, injury has me a little worried. I think he's gonna be a decent pro, but I personally don't see him carrying over the gamechanging potential he has displayed in the NCAA. I think he's a good fit for a mild-climate or dome team with spread tendencies, who can more easily integrate read-option plays here and there. People like to say the read option isn't viable in the NFL, but I have to disagree. When used as a complimentary piece to an offense you are already adept at running, it creates a new wrinkle for defenses to game plan for. The problem lies in molding your offense strictly around the read option or running a more traditional offense and trying to add in read-option tendencies.

If Watson can land with a team like, say, New Orleans...I think he'll have a crazy amount of success. That roster is built for the spread, they have athletic offensive linemen who are versed in the system and a stable of receivers and runningbacks who can operate in space. Watson should have no trouble there. But if he were to go a New York or Houston, I don't see that working in his favor at all.

It may be unwarranted, but I have some of the same, main fear with Watson that I had when RG3 came out in 2012... injury.

That is what sends me Kizer's way... more NFL ready physique... better value...

But I still have work to do on those that declare... after they declare...

I'm coming back around on Kizer. He's got the raw potential and physique to be a great AFCN QB and his awful season only improves his value. We could CONCEIVABLY not have to spend a first round pick on him, though I doubt he'll actually slide that far when all is said and done.

I know its the antithesis of what I've been saying for YEARS, but the value of a Garrett + Someone + Kizer draft is more appealing to me than a Trubisky + whoever + whoever.

Here ya go, Ag...

Browns have 'astronomical grade' on Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, per source

Adam Schefter ESPN Senior Writer

As the 0-12 Cleveland Browns get closer to clinching the No. 1 overall draft pick, there is a real chance that the team will not use its top selection on a quarterback.

The Browns have what one source close to the situation described as an "astronomical grade" on Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett, a blue-chip prospect who could dramatically upgrade Cleveland's defense. The Browns are enamored with Garrett, according to the source.

Then again it is Schefter...

There will be numerous reports about who the Browns are enamored with. And they might be enamored with all of them: Garrett, Trubisky, Alen etc.

But, they can only pick one.They will have to choose one to go #1.

Now, someone is getting it. QBs are always a premium. And getting the best one at #1 is the best way to go, in my opinion.

I mean, look at the history of the league. QB has gone #1 overall most often for a reason.

Have there been some epic busts? Yes....but more quality QBs have been taken at #1 overall than at any other draft slot....going all the way back.

I think I've firmly switched over to the Garrett + whoever camp. If that's Garrett + Trubisky...that's great. If it's Garrett + Kizer, I'll take it.

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+) Why in fucking hell would you pick a guy that is likely to go in the Top 3 overall to last until round 2? Hello! McFly. Is anybody home?

Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor ( B)

Round 6 Pick 1: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State ( B)

You and the rest of the world. It's so hard to know just what these spread-option type QB's can do. Can he throw? Hell yes. Can he run? Hell yes. Can he hang tough in the pocket, digest the information, and fire accurate footballs under the toughest of circumstances? No clue. LOL.

Watson throws a gorgeous deep ball, can run like the wind, and has plenty of oomph behind the throws to get the ball wherever he wants it. He's a fascinating prospect...but he scares me. That Clemson offense is designed to get defenses out of position and take advantage of all kinds of misdirection. That shit won't fly in the NFL. That being said, the Browns offense would have a similar look to it with Watson as it did last night with RG III. Well, minus the atrocious passing. Watson can definitely run that read-option run play, and has more than enough speed to keep the ball and tuck it up field. I need to stop writing before I talk myself into wanting this kid.

While I am also intrigued by Watson.....I just wonder if he isn't actually RGIV.

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor ( B)

Round 6 Pick 1: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State ( B)

As Gip mentioned- at this point in the mock game, no way Mitch will last until #33. Kizer scares me. He's big, and from what I've seen- not very good. IIRC, he got benched for a game.

As Gip mentioned- at this point in the mock game, no way Mitch will last until #33. Kizer scares me. He's big, and from what I've seen- not very good. IIRC, he got benched for a game.

Individually, he's talented. Extremely talented. The Notre Dame offense is kind of just terrible as a whole and his receivers, for the most part, fucked him on many occasions this year. He's played pretty decent and his benching is because Brian Kelly doesn't stick with QB's. He did it with Golson and Zaire as well, he would just shuffle through them.

IMO Kizer is in the same boat as Carr was. He possesses literally every single thing you'd like to see in a franchise QB - he's intelligent, tall, strong, can make every throw, athletic and elusive. And he has the nuts to make contested throws, just like Big Ben does every week. Better still, he has the ability to pull these throws off, often putting it where only his receiver can get it. Unfortunately, his receivers aren't coming through.

https://youtu.be/5GpDbvLQYJQ?t=6m52s

Take this throw, for example. Kizer's RT (and RB) whiff hardcore on the DE, giving him a free fire lane to the QB. Kizer steps inside, muscles through the tackle and rifles a strike to a receiver who is pretty well covered, but he puts it in a place where only the receiver can get it....and hits his guy in the hands. Then his guy drops it. That's an NFL level play through and through, until his WR shits his pants.

https://youtu.be/5GpDbvLQYJQ?t=4m36s

Or this one - Kizer drops one in a bucket behind quasi-prevent coverage as the half expires. Everyone in the stadium knows they are going deep and Kizer is still able to overthrow the deep safeties and get the ball to his WR in the endzone.....and he drops it.

https://youtu.be/5GpDbvLQYJQ?t=8m7s

This is an example of his TE coming through for him. Kizer evades an arm tackle on a collapsing pocket, steps up and delivers a 35 yard strike to his TE, who's running a nice seam route against man coverage. The TE has isolated the defender with his body and Kizer puts the ball right where it needs to be, despite the dirty pocket and taking a shot as he throws.

These are just a few good examples, he's got more than a few bad plays under his belt. But those three plays, from the same game, are glimpses at how great Kizer can be at the pro level. When's the last time we had a legitimate QB who made any of those throws? The only person who I'd even dare to say could make those plays is Josh McCown...and Kizer is 40 years younger than him.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 11: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (B+)

Round 2 Pick 14: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan (A)

Round 3 Pick 1: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU (A)

Round 4 Pick 1: Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson (A-)

Round 5 Pick 30: Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklahoma State (B+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois (B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson (A-)
Round 5 Pick 30: Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois ( B)

That would be ideal, but Cam won't fall to 11 and Kizer won't fall to the second.

For the sake of this draft game, though, I wouldn't mind:

Round 1 Pick 11: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)

Round 3 Pick 1: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (A)

Round 4 Pick 1: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (B)

Round 5 Pick 30: David Jones, FS, Richmond (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State (B)

Garrett, Fournette and Howard are all the top of their respective positions (though I think Dalvin Cook may be the best RB out there). Dupre has the potential to be a very good NFL WR and likely will be taken before the 4th. The rest, I could give or take.

Archived