THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trubisky

domcucch1994

right....I hated the Erving pick, but quicky accepted it and starting touting his versatility.....trying to justify, in my mind, that his jack of all trades projections would benefit the team...which needed multiple OL....

Just failed to recognize his master of none attributes....

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right....I hated the Erving pick, but quicky accepted it and starting touting his versatility.....trying to justify, in my mind, that his jack of all trades projections would benefit the team...which needed multiple OL....

Just failed to recognize his master of none attributes....

...the thing that really got ME about Erving was that when he was underachieving as a guard, people started talking about him going back to his 'natural' position - center - and that then he would be good. And I was like, "Why? He only played 5 games at center in his college career." - That Farmer, he can really pick 'em.

Why? Because Center is oh-so much different than OG...

...at least you don't have to worry about executing a shot-gun snap before taking on a defender at guard.

With Greco out we're quite thin at center.

PFF haters can get their knives out...

Mitch is their 31st ranked prospect out of 32 in the class of '17... and he is a distant 2nd to the only other QB on the list.

Otherwise there are a lot of names that are very popular around here... led by Garrett and Allen at #1 and #2 respectively.

Let the PFF barbecue begin...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-college-football-top-32-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft/

"....he might jump at the chance to compete in a weak quarterback class where his inexperience will likely be overlooked."

Calling Browns FO, calling Browns FO...............................here's number twenty whatever just awaiting a shot at the meat grinder.

You know they are going to do it. It's what they do.

Maybe I'll send that idea into GEICO for draft day. :P

Mitch is their 31st ranked prospect out of 32 in the class of '17... and he is a distant 2nd to the only other QB on the list.

Otherwise there are a lot of names that are very popular around here... led by Garrett and Allen at #1 and #2 respectively.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-college-football-top-32-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft/

And PFF graded out Higgins over Pryor after the Giants game...so much for PFF.

And PFF graded out Higgins over Pryor after the Giants game...so much for PFF.

Which is completely understandable based upon a yard per target criteria...

Higgnis 17.0 YPT vs. Pryor 10.9

Or did you have an actual point?

Which is completely understandable based upon a yard per target criteria...

Higgnis 17.0 YPT vs. Pryor 10.9

Or did you have an actual point?

Could be Higgins 34 yards vs Pryor's 131 yards...dunno it's one of those number thingies again. ;)

Could be Higgins 34 yards vs Pryor's 131 yards...dunno it's one of those number thingies again. ;)

Ah that number thang...

I have zero knowledge of how PFF evals WRs... but certainly it's more than YPG. I'd bet drops are in there... maybe route running is graded... maybe sight adjustments as well. Not sure anyone here knows...

Mike H might know, but is it worth conjuring him up to find out? :o

I can get on board with PFF grades at NFL level but not college so much, game is just too different for it to be graded the same.

How so?

Did PFF factor in that he said he wanted to play for the Browns?

I don't know, being shit is generally the only criterion there.

Have no fear. The Browns will promote him from 2nd rounder to #1 overall and bypass #22 altogether. Then we can spend the next two years bitching about how well all the players are doing that we passed over for yet another QB failure as they start another round of "hire the coaching savior". It's time to do the opposite of the Browns way and just take BPA. No trade downs. No QB's just to say we did. Just BPA.

It's pretty obvious we need a center, but I'm not so sure spending a top pick is what we need, UNLESS we draft a guy that has utility value. Like the Guard/Center from LSU named Pocic (I think). He's listed as both Guard and Center, and THAT sounds good to me. Mainly because we have Austin Reiter, and while I understand he only played ONE game for us, it's entirely possible that he could be our starter. So we have Reiter at Center (already had his ACL surgery), and then Pocic at Guard. We also have Erving on the bench in case we need some depth (not GOOD depth, but whatever).

I'm not sure the Notre Dame Center has that kind of utility, but if he does, I'd be all for drafting him. Especially if he's mean and physical...which I think he is.

Notre Dame center? That's a new one by me. Who and why?

Duh I misread Nelson is a guard.

Frankly I don't care that much if they get the quarterback or not. I understand the homor aspect but I also understand the backlash if the hometown kid sucks. I would like to have a really good Center maybe in the second round.

WSS

We do have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds. They "should" all be starter quality. A QB, OC, OLB, and maybe a CB. "Could" make a huge impact... I doubt we do much in FA other than resign Pryor and Crowell.

Agree....except I think if they can get a young veteran OL, they may try for one in FA.

Do you think for a moment that all 32 pro teams ...or at least those looking for a QB are going to look at this and say: Oh, well, we will just have to wait for the end of round 1 or the beginning of round 2 to look at drafting him"?.

And isn't this the same outfit that says the Browns OL is like among the Top Ten best in the NFL?

Do our analytics nerds running this team follow the PFF formula?

Archived