THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trubisky

domcucch1994

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, that last drive was mucho impressive. Love his arm. I'll keep an open mind. But he feels like a project, not a first year starter.

Zombo

And I'll keep an open mind on your fave Garropolo. Shit, I've seen all I needed to see. Pocket awareness, check. Mobile check. Big arm check (you noticed the dead on 50 yarder with a minute left? Generally accurate? With guys in his face? Check. Sees open guys? check. Fast enough release? Check. OK, made some mistakes. Check. MHO- Mitch is already better than any qb the Browns have on their roster, with plenty of room to grow.

I'll go even farther than that Z. Assuming Mitch declares, this is the same alignment of the stars 12 years ago when the magic ping pong balls spit out LeBron for the Cavs. Any goober who thinks Mitch won't got top 5 hasn't been watching his tape. I haven't been as impressed about a prospect (save Andrew Luck) since Tim Couch in 1999- not kidding.

Well he did a solid job on this final drive of the 4th. Got lucky on those first two completions (both probably should've been reviewed) but that's more on the WR's then Mitch. He got dicked over by his WR with an awful drop for a TD but he came back and made a great play to get the TD.

Didn't have a shot in hell on the 2 pointer though.

Overall it was a bit of a mixed bag. He made some mistakes, had to deal with a fluky fumble but came through in the clutch when his team needed it.

LOL, the anti- McCown.

He seems very raw with a rocket arm to me, but I will keep an open mind.

Zombo

We have time Z. My crystal ball (in a perfect world) says McCown retires, Griffin is the designated pinata, and Mitch rides the pine until mid season.

Think he'll be around when we pick at the top of the second?

NO WAY IN HELL.

Gippers boner is solely because he's a Cleveland-ish guy. Guaranteed he wouldn't give a fuck otherwise if the guy was from anywhere else. He's probably only watched one ESPN highlight reel and declared him to be "better than anyone from the last two years".

Guaranteed he ends up with a lower draft profile score than Winston, Goff and probably Mariota too. Possibly even Bortles and Wentz.

I guarantee he won't. Danielson compared him to Wentz. My disinterested outside observer compared him to a young Phillip Rivers. Regarding homerism, that might be part of it TC, but you can't deny the attractiveness of Kosar redux. I've watched a bunch of tape Tim, and the hype is real.

the only thing that's going to get him downgraded as opposed to the guys you mentioned is the limited body of work. Put his stats this year against any of the others, and it screams big time prospect, especially since watching NC is sort of like watching the Browns on a college level.

Taking him at 1 reminds me of Tim Couch

Well, do you want the top qb prospect in the drat, or not? Yeah- we 1\2 busted on Couch.

Tim Couch got us to the Playoffs on a shitty expansion team... just saying, Tim Couch would be nice right now. I miss when we had 1 Quarterback... not like 22...

When did Danielson call a game of Trubisky's?

I'm sure he never watched any tape, has never has called a game involving other top qb prospects, and just said that because he's a closet Browns homer because he used to play qb for Cleveland.

Tim Couch got us to the Playoffs on a shitty expansion team... just saying, Tim Couch would be nice right now. I miss when we had 1 Quarterback... not like 22...

tim couch would have been borderline great if the browns drafted OL to protect him. he played his ass off for a crap team and left his shoulder buried at the 20 yard line of browns stadium only to be booed but flippant douchebag fans.

While I'd rather go the Jimmy G route at QB I can see why Hoorta, Gipper and others have some queer eye for Trubi-sky. I couldn't wait to watch him yesterday to see if he could overcome some questions I had.

I've seen 2 games his team lost this year. Both times his Receivers had multiple drops while he really impressed me at escaping trouble. His line kept him in trouble a lot so Cleveland might not be as big of a culture shock as some may think. The one thing he didn't always do when he escaped trouble was keep his eyes down field for WRs breaking open. Ben Rapen used to do that a lot early on when he was less seasoned before he started hitting WRs/RBs/TEs breaking open after/while escaping pocket pressure.

Potential red flags: Locking onto the primary target doesn't project one is ready to read progressions against more complicated NFL schemes. It also leads to turnovers as we saw. Starting only 1 year keeps a lot of questions in play for a potential investor.

Potential buried treasure: Does not panic under pressure, which prepares him well for a line like our's. He's learned he needs to get rid of it quickly. Also, if someone drops a pass in the end zone - he proved he can overcome it with another accurate throw in the end zone. Big, strong, elusive and accurate doesn't suck either.

If you invest in a QB - you have to protect your investment (with better surroundings/protection than the Coyote Ugly we have continued to give QBs here since 99). Look no further than the difference in settings that Goff and Prescott were given. Handing a young QB a 7-0 deficit every time he has his 1st possession doesn't help at all.

Did some good things. Did some NOT so good things. I can't get on board with a #1 overall selection though.

Agree. Definitely has the tools to succeed. It's a gamble picking him #1, 10, wherever.

Then again, like some suggest, keep picking a QB until you get it right.

I'm sure he never watched any tape, has never has called a game involving other top qb prospects, and just said that because he's a closet Browns homer because he used to play qb for Cleveland.

I'm just wondering where/when he said it.

I gotta agree with this almost word for word.....

While I'd rather go the Jimmy G route at QB I can see why Hoorta, Gipper and others have some queer eye for Trubi-sky. I couldn't wait to watch him yesterday to see if he could overcome some questions I had.

Potential red flags: Locking onto the primary target doesn't project one is ready to read progressions against more complicated NFL schemes. It also leads to turnovers as we saw. Starting only 1 year keeps a lot of questions in play for a potential investor.

Yes....he seems to do just that......stare down his receiver......

Potential buried treasure: Does not panic under pressure, which prepares him well for a line like our's. He's learned he needs to get rid of it quickly. Also, if someone drops a pass in the end zone - he proved he can overcome it with another accurate throw in the end zone. Big, strong, elusive and accurate doesn't suck either.

He does seem to have many of the intangibles that we consider good for our division......(and a team that cant protect the QB very well)

If you invest in a QB - you have to protect your investment (with better surroundings/protection than the Coyote Ugly we have continued to give QBs here since 99). Look no further than the difference in settings that Goff and Prescott were given. Handing a young QB a 7-0 deficit every time he has his 1st possession doesn't help at all.

One of my main bitches, going all the way back to last FA period.......we signed a fragile QB and drafted a green one, then did ZERO to put them in position to succeed(or last more than a game or 2)......If they go ahead and draft a QB #1 this year, w/o fixing the pass pro or seeing their 2 previous QB projects through, I might lose my mind.....

For those worried about only 1 yr as a starter, Mitch did play some in 2015. One game really stands out where he came off the bench in the second half for an ineffective Marquis and his stats in one half went like this.

09/26/15 Delaware Grass W 41-14 20att 17comp 85.0% 312yrds 15.6yrdsper 4td 0int 282.04QB rating

The kid has talent

I've seen 2 games his team lost this year. Both times his Receivers had multiple drops while he really impressed me at escaping trouble. His line kept him in trouble a lot so Cleveland might not be as big of a culture shock as some may think. The one thing he didn't always do when he escaped trouble was keep his eyes down field for WRs breaking open. Ben Rapen used to do that a lot early on when he was less seasoned before he started hitting WRs/RBs/TEs breaking open after/while escaping pocket pressure.

Yup, Tom some good, some bad. Accuracy 10x better than Griffin. The first TD couldn't have been thrown any better. We saw he has the arm to toss a 50 yard bomb on target. Plenty mobile and good pocket awareness. The interceptions were bad. But what NFL QB hasn't tossed a pick 6 on a quick out? Maybe slightly disappointed, but if he declares he's a lock first rounder. Room to grow, if a team has patience to not start him day one. I'd go the Goff rout with him. :)

Missed the game... the reviews don't seem to be all that kind...

MKC tweeted. . .
#Browns Sashi Brown & Andrew Berry will attend the Sun Bowl in El Paso today to watch NC QB Mitch Trubisky of Mentor cleveland.com/browns/index.s…

At least one was a scout...

Bucky Brooks was simply expecting to see a QB play closer to his season's TD/INT ratio...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000766419/article/rise-interrupted-mitch-trubisky-disappoints-in-sun-bowl

what about expecting a #1 overall pick performance?

Not sure. Left the door open though. As the NFL article said- far from a finished product. I like his upside. If we could get Garrett\Allen and Mitch, I'd be very happy. Don't even know yet if he'll declare or not, and if he does, the combine awaits. If he's in the draft, I can't see him falling out of the top 5. Of those teams, only the Jags might not be interested in a QB upgrade.

Have no fear..... Soon he will put on a pair of shorts and pull over a lycra tank top and dazzle everyone in attendance with his rocket arm and laser like precision - and if we're lucky, he may even run around the little orange cones really fast, which will further cement his #1 overall status.

I have explained this. Because he is better than anyone that has come out in two years....and perhaps anyone that will come out in the next couple of years.

And because you said it: the Browns need to quit fucking around and get a real QB. And this guy can be a real QB. Is he perfect? No....But then, since like 1970 there have been maybe10-12 better prospects that have come out better than him.

No.

Just no.

Have no fear..... Soon he will put on a pair of shorts and pull over a lycra tank top and dazzle everyone in attendance with his rocket arm and laser like precision - and if we're lucky, he may even run around the little orange cones really fast, which will further cement his #1 overall status.

He could do the combine with a bucket on his head. We are only concerned that he is local!

That would be Cam but he player JuCo so not sure if that counts or not.

The other two with only 1 year of experience off the top of my head are Akili Smith and Mark Sanchez.

Cam was only a 1 year starter. But he's also a freak of nature. Sanchez played more than one season.

Southern California Pac-10 SO QB 8 69 114 60.5 695 6.1 5.4 7 5 123.2 *2008 Southern California Pac-10 JR QB 13 241 366 65.8 3207 8.8 9.4 34 10 164.6

Cam was only a 1 year starter. But he's also a freak of nature. Sanchez played more than one season.

*2007 Southern California Pac-10 SO QB 8 69 114 60.5 695 6.1 5.4 7 5 123.2 *2008 Southern California Pac-10 JR QB 13 241 366 65.8 3207 8.8 9.4 34 10 164.6

Looks like the illustrious John David Booty played a majority of the 07 season.

So Sanchez started one full year.

Archived