THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Well the 2021-2022 NFL football season is pretty much over    -but-   the 2022-2023 season is just kicking off !  This is all leading up to the 2022 NFL Draft on April 28-30 in Las Vegas.

So we still have to eat ! Here's a tasty recipe done in 25 minutes.

◆ ALL-AMERICAN SKILLET GOULASH ◆  well the word goulash can mean different things to different people.  This recipe is ground beef with elbow macaroni and plenty of sauce and Cheddar 🧀 cheese in a quick and easy skillet version.  Served up with a small salad and some buttered Italian bread ummm-ummm.  This is one to copy to your recipe file.    ★ And check ✔️ out the additional 25 ground beef recipes below for more beef, chicken, pork and pasta skillet recipes.

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

SERVES  4    COOK TIME  25  MINUTES

All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.

What You'll Need

• 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
  • 1/2 pounds ground beef. ◆
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese

What to Do

1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and cover to keep warm.
  2. In a large skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef, bell pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid. 
  3. Add macaroni, spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and simmer 1 to 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

Notes. (add in yours here)

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

All-American-Skillet-Goulash_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1193078.jpg <-------  a real stick to your ribs comfort dish,  ummm-ummm  :wub:

On 10/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, mjp28 said:

With the weather this year we had a bumper crop of my wife's herbs, we would cut them back and they kept growing back. We were giving whole branches and even a few plants away to anyone who wanted them. Now on to Saturday's GAMEDAY MEAL with a few leftovers for today.

★ The wife got chicken thighs, skinned them, dried thouroughly, dipped in a Grey Poupon mustard and melted butter dip, coated in panko breadding, added more dip on top to get crunchy and just enough of her homemade and dried herbs......in the oven about 35 minutes. Fantastic!  (May do recipe if anyone is interested.)

She made a risotto with a creamed asparagus and herb mix. (She makes her own herb mixes out of various combinations like the store bought rubs. And not a fortune!) Now I'm not a big rice guy but it was great!

Her oven roasted carrots as a side, always good. Apple pie ala mode for desert.

Chicken thighs and risotto tonight's snack. Ummmmmm.

Going back over the classics here before they're gone,  this one is from October 28, 2018   -but-  we do something like this often.

Quick, easy,  delicious !    Bon appetit !

On 2/20/2022 at 6:09 AM, ballpeen said:

Any time is a good time for beer.  I don't drink anymore because when I started to take that attitude with Bourbon my liver started to revolt. When quitting alcohol became a reality, either by self choice or kicking the bucket, the choice became easy.  I am happy to report all the liver functions are back in the good range.  It's been 18 months since I had any alcohol.

I miss it sometimes, but I don't miss being sick so it is what it is.  I like to talk about it from time to time because it helps.  Thanks.

one of my good time drinking buddies quit a couple of months ago  for health reasons , I myself  will carry the torch cause mama allways said no one likes a quiter

On 8/29/2019 at 11:31 AM, mjp28 said:

◆ CHEESEBURGER TOMATOES ◆  - on a diet or just have a bunch of tomatoes handy or just love tomatoes? Great for an snacks too!

Inspired by our taco tomatoes (CLICK ON LINK!)  this low-carb hack is for anybody who is trying to eat healthy but really wants a cheeseburger

YIELDS:SERVINGS
PREP TIME:HOURS MINS
TOTAL TIME:HOURS 20 MINS
INGREDIENTS

1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
medium onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. yellow mustard
slicing tomatoes

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

2/3 c. shredded cheddar

1/4 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
pickle coins
Sesame seeds, for garnish
DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then stir in garlic. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, and cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in ketchup and mustard. 
  2. Flip tomatoes so they are stem-side down. Cut the tomatoes into six wedges, being careful to not cut completely through the tomato. Carefully spread open the wedges. Divide cooked ground beef evenly among the tomatoes, then top each with cheese and lettuce. 
  3. Garnish with pickle coins and sesame seeds.

delish-cheeseburger-tomatoes-still003-1528897335.jpg

One more from August 20, 2019 I want to save along with the taco tomato variation.

A cheeseburger without the bun.   I also like an occasional tomato sandwich especially in tomato season.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, ballpeen said:

Any time is a good time for beer.  I don't drink anymore because when I started to take that attitude with Bourbon my liver started to revolt. When quitting alcohol became a reality, either by self choice or kicking the bucket, the choice became easy.  I am happy to report all the liver functions are back in the good range.  It's been 18 months since I had any alcohol.

I miss it sometimes, but I don't miss being sick so it is what it is.  I like to talk about it from time to time because it helps.  Thanks.

LOL, Port, the Breakfast of Champions.   1\2 kidding 'Peen.  :)  You've obviously made the right choice... Many don't, until it's too late. In my hospital years I saw many poor souls exhibiting varying shades of canary yellow to darker orange skin (with matching yellow eyeballs) in end stage liver failure. One of my relatives didn't make it to 40... Travelling Mac Tool salesman with a case of Seagram's in the van always handy.  

I suppose I should consider myself lucky as my liver enzymes have always been normal.  Don't ask me how. But at my age, that pile of empty calories every week has ballooned my weight to a level it shouldn't be at.  What concerns me is some of our wine group (to my mind) have gone on an unhealthy Bourbon kick. Visiting distilleries in Kentucky and buying an entire barrel of bourbon that they've personally selected. Unless they're giving a lot of it away, I can't imagine how you could slam down 6-8 bottles in short order. Yeah, I've bought bottles of the boutique stuff they've offered, but now I certainly have a lifetime supply of high octane bourbon in the Wine Cellar.  Oh, I get ragged on being a wimp for putting my Bourbon on the rocks... But I plain can't understand how these guys find sipping 124 proof cask strength bourbon straight enjoyable in any way shape or form...  

• Upvote 1

A lot of truth in what you say there Larry   -and-   there are also hereditary factors that play into this subject.  Some old geezers can drink daily well into their 80s or whatever.

I've always thought whether it's eating, drinking know your limits and do it in moderation.  Now cigarette smoking is another matter especially if you like to inhale bad business !  In the last job I had 3 guys in our office were smokers all gone from 63, 68 and the one who quit later 72.

I've smoked premium cigars since I was 18  but I never inhaled !   I'm 71 now and have NO heart, lung or any other problems there.  And premium cigars are 100% tobacco  not some of the non tobacco junk in cheap cigars and cigarettes.

SO eat well, exercise whenever you can and drink whatever beverages you like in some moderation........... before some doctor has to read you the riot act.

And  bon appetit have a good meal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY'S MENU -. brunch,  V-8,  chopped up and seasoned avocados 🥑 on buttered toasted rye bread open face sandwiches plus black olives.   It was really good.

Supper tonight - all leftover from yesterday and it was delicious ! I wanted a ◆ cucumber salad ◆  but it was starting to go bad so the wife whipped up some zucchini and chopped up white onions (or red) and the usual dressing mayonnaise, sour cream.   Mix well and salt and pepper to taste chill before serving mmm-mmm.

Main meal some  ◆ STUFFED RED PEPPERS  ◆   💗 OMG !   With  a few dollups of sour cream if you want,  same with a few squirts of hot sauce.

I can't wait.

20220120_164048.jpg

Want a really tasty Italian meal, something a bit different ? How about some  ◆ ITALIAN BEEF ROLLUPS or braciole ◆   ummm-mmm look so good.  And check ✔ out the tips below. 

SERVES 4    COOK TIME  40  MINUTES 

This recipe is an old-world Italian favorite that we can't get enough of! Once you taste our Italian Beef Rollups, you'll see why this is one of our favorites. Don't be intimidated by the phrase "rollups"; this dish is super easy to make, even though it looks and tastes like it came out of a restaurant in the heart of the Naples, Italy. Let's eat! 

What You'll Need

• 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
  • 1/4 pound Genoa or other salami, finely chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 thin top sirloin steaks, cut in half (about 1-1/2 pounds)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

What to Do

1. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, salami, eggs, and pepper; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over the top of each steak; roll up jelly-roll style and secure each with a toothpick.
  2. In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown beef rolls 6 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Reduce heat to low and add spaghetti sauce; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes, or until beef is tender. Remove toothpicks before serving.

☆ And Check This Out!

Italian-Beef-Roll-Ups_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1300314.jpg

My lunch today a  TOASTED HAM & CHEESE SANDWICH  kind of a scaled down version of a Montechristo sandwich. 

I had it with a dill pickle a good meal doesn't have to be complicated to be really good. 

So Bon Appétit !

20220228_134151.jpg

• Upvote 1

Regardless of what SPORTS season it is it's always soup season !  Besides it is always some kind of sports going on  like  MARCH MADNESS,  The  NFL DRAFT, MLB ....if they ever get their act together.   And all of them are good with a nice bowl of homemade soup !  What's that  no time or too expensive ordering out well NO PROBLEM. 

No need for ordering out how about a quick and easy ◆ SHORTCUT MEATBALL SOUP ◆.   Maybe serve with some Italian bread and butter  or rolls for a delicious lunch or dinner ?

SERVES  4    COOK TIME  30  MINUTES

March is Frozen Food Month. Yes, an entire month dedicated to all the tasty, time-saving and money-saving items that fill our freezers. So whether it’s rise & shine items that we serve for breakfast, prepped and ready veggies, or a ready-in-no-time main dish, there’s no better time to stock your freezer than this month. To celebrate, we suggest you try this warm-you-up favorite that’s easy and the taste is absolutely soup-er!

What You'll Need

• 6 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups frozen fully-cooked turkey or beef ◆ meatballs, cut in half ◆
  • 1 cup frozen diced peppers and onions
  • 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cooked rice ( ☆ see Tip)
  • Shredded parmesan cheese for sprinkling

What to Do

1. In a soup pot, combine chicken broth, meatballs, peppers, and onions, spinach, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.

2. In a soup pot, combine chicken broth, meatballs, peppers, and onions, spinach, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. 

☆  Test Kitchen Tip

Did you know you can even find cooked white rice in your grocery store’s freezer case that will help make this recipe even easier to throw together? To make this a family favorite, just switch up your favorite frozen vegetables and serve with baked up hot, crusty rolls from the freezer case.  

Meatball-Soup-6608-H_Large400_ID-4663514-1.jpg

On 2/28/2022 at 11:36 AM, mjp28 said:

My lunch today a toasted ham & cheese sandwich kind of a scaled down version of a Montechristo sandwich. 

I had it with a dill pickle a good meal doesn't have to be complicated to be really good. 

So Bon Appétit !

20220228_134151.jpg

cool plate

4 hours ago, ATOM said:

cool plate

My wife bought a set of these square dishes really nice for sandwiches or pizza and pickles, chips, etc. 

She just has good taste !    ;)

......... ★ edit add, hey syd or any of you guys and gals if you would be interested in any of my recipes or other culinary chit-chat if/when they turn out the lights here I have a private email that I generally send out weekly or when I get something good and ready to go.

It's for family, friends and others started at 5-6 and now is up to about 32.   I just need your name and the email address that you want to use.  That's it    -and-     it's NOT a forum I just sent out recipes and sometimes people mention how they liked them or a few ideas.  My email address for this is mjpx28@yahoo.com  .

I've actually been doing this for about 18 years or so.  I was on 2 other sites for 12-14 years and this thread here since 2017 to 20??.

Another key asset is my background with my grandmother the best cook I've ever seen and wife who is a terrific scratch cook.  I've been retired for awhile now and my wife since 2017 so we're cooking and testing even more.

Since covid hit I've changed my thread here from tailgating and parties  to more easy to do home and family meals....... and the feedback seems to like that.

SO  Bon appetit and keep on cooking 🍳 and eating well !   From Michael and Nancy.

• Like 1

Saturday's lunch the local restaurants were packed so we chose Jersey Mike's  for some delicious grilled portabella with Swiss sandwiches and Lay's Classic potato chips. 

Mmm-mmm good !  And a chocolate chip  or brownie for dessert.    Simple but oh so delicious. 

20220305_175505.jpg

What sounds better than ◆ HOMESTYLE MACARONI AND CHEESE ◆  ummm-ummm !  And check  ✔  out the tips below.  Great side dish at any get-together or family dinner. 

SERVES  6    COOK TIME 50  MINUTES 

Nothing that comes out of a box will compare to our comforting recipe for Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese.  ☆ The little bit of extra effort to do it ourselves will reap such a big pay-off -- it's worth every moment! So, roll up your sleeves, and get ready for a no-frill mac and cheese that will change the way you think of dinner.

✔   What You'll Need

• 1 pound elbow macaroni
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups milk
  • 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese......good sharp Cheddar cheese makes this recipe !
  • 1 cup crushed saltine crackers

✔   What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain, return macaroni to pot, and set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese and continue stirring until melted.
  3. Add three-quarters of cheese sauce to macaroni; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and pour remaining cheese sauce evenly over top.
  4. In a microwaveable bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave. Stir in crushed crackers; mix until crumbs are evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni.
  5. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.

✔  Check This Out!

Homestyle-Macaroni-and-Cheese_Large400_ID-3407228.jpg

On 3/5/2022 at 6:45 PM, mjp28 said:

Saturday's lunch the local restaurants were packed so we chose Jersey Mike's  for some delicious grilled portabella with Swiss sandwiches and Lay's Classic potato chips. 

Mmm-mmm good !  And a chocolate chip  or brownie for dessert.    Simple but oh so delicious. 

20220305_175505.jpg

I LOVE Jersey Mike's!

On 4/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, mjp28 said:

Greek Style Oven Roasted Lemon Butter Parmesan Potatoes..... Or just good oven roasted potatoes !

Ingredients

• 3 lbs potatoes
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted ( no substitutes)
  • 1 teaspoon oregano ( or to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic ( optional or to taste)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese ( or to taste)
  • chopped fresh parsley
  •  
How to make it:
  1. Set oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
  3. Peel and cut the potatoes into large wedges and place into the prepared baking dish.
  4. In a bowl combine the broth, lemon juice, butter, oregano, salt, pepper and minced garlic (if using); mix well to combine.
  5. Pour over potatoes in the dish and stir to coat well.
  6. Cover the dish tightly with foil.
  7. Bake for about 40 minutes.
  8. Uncover and turn potatoes.
  9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven (uncovered).
  10. Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
  11. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
  12. *NOTE* the Parmesan may be sprinkled on just after baking if desired.

Greek-Style-Oven-Roasted-Lemon-Butter-Parmesan-Potatoes-758x412.jpg

Talk about a good ol' stick to your ribs delicious potato dish  from April 29, 2020 and it looks as good as it tastes.

And  NO Zombo  this will  NOT be in your email box !

Bon Appétit !

💚  March 17, 2022 -  St. Patrick's Day.   💚

We're doing our corned beef and cabbage plus carrots, celery and other veggies and herbs for supper tonight.  We are also trying out a new mashed potato dish and a green dessert.

I'm working on some new sports and GAMEDAY  recipes for parties and upcoming sporting events. 

SO " Erin go brah " and always Bon Appétit  !

Well Winter is just over still early for serious  GAMEDAY meals plenty of time for some Spring/Summer grillin'  meals even though we're having cheeseburgers on the grill today  in about an hour.   :)

SO this is one  is a stick to your ribs meal you'll love    ◆ ITALIAN-STYLE MEATLOAF ◆     better than plain old meatloaf anytime !  We love a good meatloaf with maybe mashed potatoes or veggies. 

And good for a MARCH MADNESS  🏀  meal while you're watching TV.   Mmm-mmm. 

~ • ~   ~ • ~  ~ • ~  ~ • ~

☆ ITALIAN-STYLE MEATLOAF ☆  it just sounds good and it's not your plain old meatloaf that's for sure !   Easy to put together and then let your oven do the work.

SERVES  6    COOK TIME  1 HOUR 10 MINUTES 

Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.

☆ What You'll Need

• 1/2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

☆ What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.

2. Place the eggplant, onion, and garlic, in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely chopped.

3. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; cook eggplant mixture 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened.

4. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add eggplant mixture to meat mixture; mix well. Form into an oval shape and place on baking sheet.

5. Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until juices run clear. Allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing.

☆ Notes

Top with warmed spaghetti sauce for that extra Italian pizzazz!

Italian-Style-Meatloaf_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2111765.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well Winter is just over still early for serious  GAMEDAY meals plenty of time for some Spring/Summer grillin'  meals even though we're having cheeseburgers on the grill today  in about an hour.   :)

SO this is one  is a stick to your ribs meal you'll love ITALIAN-STYLE MEATLOAF better than plain old meatloaf anytime !  We love a good meatloaf with maybe mashed potatoes or veggies. 

And good for a MARCH MADNESS  🏀  meal while you're watching TV.   Mmm-mmm. 

☆ ITALIAN-STYLE MEATLOAF ☆  it just sounds good and it's not your plain old meatloaf that's for sure !   Easy to put together and then let your oven do the work.

SERVES  6    COOK TIME  1 HOUR 10 MINUTES 

Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.

☆ What You'll Need

• 1/2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

☆ What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.

2. Place the eggplant, onion, and garlic, in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely chopped.

3. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; cook eggplant mixture 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened.

4. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add eggplant mixture to meat mixture; mix well. Form into an oval shape and place on baking sheet.

5. Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until juices run clear. Allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing.

☆ Notes

Top with warmed spaghetti sauce for that extra Italian pizzazz!

Italian-Style-Meatloaf_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2111765.jpg

being a fan of the meatloaf a spiral is my favorite but a lot of work this one looks easy to prepare Thanks

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

being a fan of the meatloaf a spiral is my favorite but a lot of work this one looks easy to prepare Thanks

I look for recipes that range from easy to some basic cooking skills needed but that's rare.  This is pretty easy, buy the stuff, cut mix and the oven does the rest.

My wife makes some really good meatloaf this one is a good one !

On 2/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, mjp28 said:

★ ★★★  And of course one of our jcam's  fantastic shots.

How's this for an herb crusted prime rib.........oh yeah !      From December 2017.     Bon appetit !

Prime rib anyone  ?  Mmm-mmm  !  

Longhorn Steakhouse has their ◆  Maverick prime rib steak sandwich ◆  about $13 and worth it !  And a great GAMEDAY sandwich ½ or whole.   In fact my wife will be out shopping this will be my to-go takeout with their potato soup.

Not a jcam prime rib   -but-   one of mjp's favorites a big step up from a Philly steak sandwich. 

IMG_0947.thumb.JPG.a4e386f69cd3dfb92d1a2adf5d7a9a33.jpeg

A closer look and a great GAMEDAY sandwich !

◆  Maverick Ribeye Sandwich* ◆
$13.49

A steak sandwich in a class of its own. A juicy 6oz. Ribeye with our proprietary seasoning topped with sautéed onions, melted Swiss cheese and a housemade savory sauce on grilled thick cut bread. Recommended served medium.

Maverick Ribeye Sandwich* 1,050 cal -and- Seasoned French Fries 500 cal.  I often eat  ½ now and  ½ later or tomorrow  for a 1,025 delicious calorie meal. maverick-ribeye-sandwich-918x568-dpv.jpg

Planning a Final 4 party or maybe a welcome back MLB.....well maybe not there   -but-   here's one of my favorites for any get-together or supper ! And cook time  only 10 minutes,  you can't beat that and save some money too. 

Do you have a short list of your favorite oriental foods ?  Well MONGOLIAN BEEF is on my list along with  HUNAN BEEF when I dig up a good recipe of very quick and easy and of course delicious recipes you can do at home before going for take-out.   And check  ✔  out the links below for an easy 41 takeout Chinese dishes to make at home. 

SERVES  4     And in only 10 MINUTES  COOK TIME. 

Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. 

✔  What You'll Need

• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (see Note)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin, cut into thin slices
  • 4 scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
  • 4 cups cooked rice, warmed

✔  What to Do

1. In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and hoison sauce; set aside. 

2. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil until hot. Add beef and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.

3. Add broth mixture to skillet and heat until thickened. Add beef back to skillet along with scallions, and heat 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over rice. 

✔  Notes

• Don't let the hoisin sauce in this simple stir-fry scare you. You can find it at your local supermarket in the Asian food section. It's a sweet and spicy sauce that adds big flavor to the dish and will keep in the fridge for the next time you need it.

• Who doesn't enjoy a bowl of Wonton Soup at the start of an Asian meal?! Give our easy version a try!

Mongolian-Beef_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1886027.jpg

On 3/22/2022 at 11:53 AM, mjp28 said:

A closer look and a great GAMEDAY sandwich !

Maverick Ribeye Sandwich*
$13.49

A steak sandwich in a class of its own. A juicy 6oz. Ribeye with our proprietary seasoning topped with sautéed onions, melted Swiss cheese and a housemade savory sauce on grilled thick cut bread. Recommended served medium.

Maverick Ribeye Sandwich* 1,050 cal -and- Seasoned French Fries 500 cal.  I often eat  ½ now and  ½ later or tomorrow  for a 1,025 delicious calorie meal. maverick-ribeye-sandwich-918x568-dpv.jpg

This looks AWESOME!

8 minutes ago, nickers said:

This looks AWESOME!

The Maverick Ribeye Sandwich I got was even better than the menu picture.   The seasoned fries were good too, about  1,000+ calorie lunch with appetizers. 

It was loaded and delicious and ½ on two lunches !

20220322_134531.jpg

The perfect go along with any homemade oriental dish WONTON SOUP and done in 10 minutes.  Good with our MONGOLIAN BEEF recipe we recently posted.  Whether it's a GAMEDAY get-together or just a family dinner it is always good. 

Just check  ✔  the 4 steps below.   Wow that's easy just like making perogies.  

SERVES 6      COOK TIME 10  MINUTES 

Ever wonder how easy it is to make homemade wontons? Now you'll know, 'cause our easy Wonton Soup includes homemade pork wontons that you can put together in no time.

✔    What You'll Need

• 1/4 pound ground pork
  • 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 dozen wonton skins
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms

✔    What to Do

1. In a medium bowl, combine ground pork, one-third of the sliced scallions, the ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.

2. Place wonton skins on a work surface then place 1 teaspoon pork mixture in center of each. Brush beaten egg around edges of a wonton skin then fold in half diagonally to make a triangle.

3. Fold 2 opposite points up to top point and seal with a dab of beaten egg; fold down top edge toward you and secure with another dab of beaten egg. Repeat with each remaining wonton.

4. Meanwhile, in a soup pot, combine chicken broth, water, soy sauce, and mushrooms; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Carefully drop wontons into soup along with remaining sliced scallions; cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until wontons are tender.

Wonton-Soup_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1182780.jpg

Here's a new one for us but it sounds fresh and fast   ITALIAN SPRING FLING PASTA.   Maybe with some fresh Italian or garlic bread and butter,  oh yeah !

Nice as a side dish for your next GAMEDAY steaks or burgers on the grill cookout   -or-  for a family dinner.  

SERVES 5    COOK TIME 20 MINUTES 

When you're craving something fresh-tasting and satisfying, fill your plate up with our Italian Spring Fling Pasta. This angel hair pasta dish features some great springtime flavors. One whiff of this is all it'll take to get your family to the dinner table.

What You'll Need

• 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 5 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, cut in half
  • 1 (2.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
  • 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
  • 1 pound angel hair pasta

What to Do

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; cook onion 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are broken down, stirring occasionally. Add artichokes, olives, and basil and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.

2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender; drain. Place pasta on large platter, top with tomato mixture, and serve.

Notes

• Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.

• Here's some warm and crusty garlic bread to sop up all the extra springtime goodness!

Italian-Spring-Fling-Pasta_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1885915.jpg

55 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Here's a new one for us but it sounds fresh and fast   ITALIAN SPRING FLING PASTA.   Maybe with some fresh Italian or garlic bread and butter,  oh yeah !

Nice as a side dish for your next GAMEDAY steaks or burgers on the grill cookout   -or-  for a family dinner.  

SERVES 5    COOK TIME 20 MINUTES 

When you're craving something fresh-tasting and satisfying, fill your plate up with our Italian Spring Fling Pasta. This angel hair pasta dish features some great springtime flavors. One whiff of this is all it'll take to get your family to the dinner table.

What You'll Need

• 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 5 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, cut in half
  • 1 (2.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
  • 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
  • 1 pound angel hair pasta

What to Do

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; cook onion 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are broken down, stirring occasionally. Add artichokes, olives, and basil and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.

2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender; drain. Place pasta on large platter, top with tomato mixture, and serve.

Notes

• Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.

• Here's some warm and crusty garlic bread to sop up all the extra springtime goodness!

Italian-Spring-Fling-Pasta_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1885915.jpg

Right up my ally... I love artichokes and olives...