THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

On 2/9/2022 at 11:27 AM, mjp28 said:

Ok here's one that we have tried often even my wife likes them  CHEESE STEAK ZUCCHINI BOATS.   Great for GAMEDAY or any get-together.

From July 2018.

i  remember that one it was damn good

12 minutes ago, ATOM said:

i  remember that one it was damn good

You can make a lot of good dishes with zucchini !  

Enjoy your day everyone.

We are going to the American Legion for the game.
They put on a very good potluck dinner. Usually around 20 different things to eat

We made homemade cookies. Oatmeal chocolate chip 🍪

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Our SUPER BOWL 56 menu is set and like the game for us just kick back and relax and enjoy it.

On Friday my wife made a big pot of  CHILI CON CARNE just for snacking whenever all weekend.

Saturday we had WEDGEWOOD PIZZA for lunch and ham and cheese sandwiches for supper or late night snacks.

Sunday  SB 56 it's ham & eggs for brunch and  JERSEY MIKE'S SANDWICHES  for GAMEDAY I will be having the #56 BIG KAHUNA CHEESE STEAK  plus various olives, artichokes and fixens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My prediction  CINCINNATI 39 Las Angeles 38 . (absolutely no OT)

Sit back and relax,  we're about done with everything else.    Bon appetit.

How was that Wedgewood Pizza?  I’m getting my annual fix in April can’t wait. 

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

How was that Wedgewood Pizza?  I’m getting my annual fix in April can’t wait. 

Oh yes the always steady and delicious WEDGEWOOD PIZZA in Boardman, Ohio.

We got our 12" house special with added mushrooms and extra cheese  A+  it was delicious !

And an 8"  Phlly Steak pizza my wife likes it. A.   

I'm getting ready to break out my  Jersey Mike's  #56  Big Kahuna Cheese Steak sandwich next....... the no fuss Super Bowl 56 this year.  

Maybe we go big time next year ?   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Nothing like some home made smoked wings from the West Side Market. Beautiful day here lol.

PXL_20220213_202427955.jpg

Nice.  And I love your Chief Wahoo in the lean to......a keeper !

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Amazing what they can do with soy now. Tastes and feels like meat, but ain't.😋

Sorry Tex, I'm not into "Impossible Whoppers".  :D This past summer some of the wife's hard core vegan relatives were trying to foist barbecued coleslaw off as pulled pork on me. I just smh at the wonders of grilled watermelon.  

Well SB 56 is history   -BUT-   grilling season is always right around the corner.

When I get hungry for a really good baked potato 🥔 what's better than a DOUBLE STUFFED POTATO,  ummm-ummm. A steak hot off the grill and let your oven do the rest. 

SERVES. 6. COOK TIME. 1 HOUR. 25. MINUTES

Calling all potato lovers! Our Double Stuffed Potatoes combine two of your favorite ways of eating this versatile veggie: baked and mashed. We fill 'em up with some extra goodies for a side dish that is company-fancy, everyday easy, and taste-buds approved!

What You'll Need

• 6 russet potatoes
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Paprika for sprinkling

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes, then pierce each several times with a fork.

2. Bake 55 minutes, or until tender; let cool slightly.

3. Slice about 1/2 inch off the top of each potato and scoop out pulp, leaving about a 1/4-inch-thick potato shell; place pulp in a medium bowl. Add sour cream, butter, onion powder, salt, and black pepper; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon mixture into potato shells and lightly sprinkle with paprika.

4.  Bake 30 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown on top.

★ Notes

• Garnish with shredded cheese, bacon and scallions or any other toppings you like!

• There are so many great potato recipes -- sometimes it's hard to decide which one to make! One of our all-time favorites around here is our Loaded Baked Potato Casserole, so give it a try! And don't forget about trying out our Baked Potato Soup!

Double-Stuffed-Potatoes_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1107379.jpg

Last year and up to January 4th this year I missed putting some up and emailing some out and have some old and new ones ready     -AND-    it's February 15th already things are just getting warmed up in New Orleans so you know what that means.........   "  Laissez les bons temps rouler "

Marti Gras is March 1st this year but why wait when you can have some BOURBON CHICKEN in 25 minutes. So quick and easy and delicious using chicken breasts or thighs. And check ✔️ out the other tips below.

SERVES  6    COOK TIME  25  MINUTES    https://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Bourbon-Chicken-01

Bourbon chicken can be found on Chinese takeout menus and mall food courts across the country. But did you know it actually got its name from Bourbon Street in New Orleans? Whether you're serving it Mardi Gras-style or with an Asian twist, this flavorful chicken dish is simply delicious and incredibly easy to make. Give these Bourbon Chicken Bites a try when you're craving something that tastes like perfection!

What You'll Need

• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
  • 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons bourbon

What to Do

1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch, garlic powder, ground red pepper, and salt; toss to coat well.
  2. In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil. Add coated chicken in batches and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden and no pink remains, stirring frequently.
  3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring jelly, soy sauce, and bourbon to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until jelly has melted, stirring constantly. Add chicken and toss to coat. Serve hot.

★  Check This Out!

• Did You Know? No one is really sure where bourbon chicken originally came from. Some folks claim that this dish originated in New Orleans, Louisiana, and is named after the famous Bourbon street, while others claim that the chicken has roots in Kentucky's Bourbon County. What do you think? 

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

Up Next:

Bourbon-Chicken-Bites_Large400_ID-3403349.jpg <----- and of course our BOURBON CHICKEN !

I'm emptying out some of my favorites here now and here's another one, mmm-mmm.......

One of my favorites !  It just sounds good  PARMESAN SMASHED POTATOES. Tender on the inside, crispy and golden on the outside. Done in about 45 minutes.  And even better than the old parsley buttered potatoes !

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

SERVES  6    COOK TIME  45  MINUTES    https://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Parmesan-Smashed-Potatoes

Here's a side dish that's simply "smashing"! (No, really). Our Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are crispy on the outside, tender as can be on the inside, and full of flavor throughout. Plus, did we mention how much fun it is to smash these?!

What You'll Need

• 1/2 pounds small potatoes (about 12)
  • 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese

What to Do

1. In a large saucepan over high heat, place potatoes in enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
  2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Place potatoes on baking sheet. Using a large spoon or the heel of your hand, gently press down on each potato to smash it, so it ends up about 1/2-inch thick. Make sure to keep each potato in one piece.
  3. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well. Brush mixture over potatoes, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are crispy and golden.

★  Check This Out!

Parmesan-Smashed-Potatoes_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1908639.jpg

On 2/12/2022 at 9:16 PM, hoorta said:

Didn't realize Jersey Mike's is that big of an outfit MJP.... Can't say I've ever had one, as we have a couple great local places, Milano's and The Sub House here.   I like subs, but skip the bell peppers.  

My contribution to the Souper Chili bowl is going to be some shredded barbecue beef.  As you realize- all you need is a crock pot, prep time 5 minutes, tossing a three pound chuck roast in with assorted ingredients, set on low and forget about it for 8 hours.   

Wife wants me to make a (small) batch of our stuffed mushrooms- that's a little more involved. Sautéing the destemmed 'shrooms in butter and crushed garlic, with a little white pepper and added brandy... Then stuffing them with cream cheese with chives, top with bacon and Italian blend cheese, bake until cheese is melted.    

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth among the sizable Bengals contingent at our Super Bowl Party if they manage to lose.  But they can drink heavily if that's the case.. this was from a previous Super Bowl extravaganza...   MHO is it's the Bengals shaky o-line against Aaron Donald and the Rams D.   

gT59zzzcg-Nwn3_bc9BoggL5cLJFGGhfCUK05PNW

Just reviewing our older posts,  Larry  Jersey Mike's is really expanding right now they have about 2,000 outlets and have just started expanding on the West Coast.  If they catch on out there the sky's the limit.

I like ours less than 2 miles from our house.  And I really like their chocolate chip cookies and love their brownies........ often sold out.

Better than Jimmy Johns or Subway among many others.

22 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Just reviewing our older posts,  Larry  Jersey Mike's is really expanding right now they have about 2,000 outlets and have just started expanding on the West Coast.  If they catch on out there the sky's the limit.

I like ours less than 2 miles from our house.  And I really like their chocolate chip cookies and love their brownies........ often sold out.

Mr. Hero.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Jimmy Johns is a joke mjp.  Ditto Subway- (the McDonalds of subs)...  Penn Station blows them out of the water, you get what you pay for. In my working years... We got saddled with a TSR who loved Jimmy Johns..  Freaky Fast, and Freaking mediocre.   In my one trip to headquarters in Warren New Jersey.. They offered to drive me into NYC for dinner...  On one condition...  Peter Lugers.  Sadly, unless you play for a NYC sports team, we can get you a reservation in three weeks.  

Um... Jimmy Johns on YOUR corporate nickel isn't my idea of a decent dinner.  :D   

need some good coffee to go with all these food ideas.

I got rid of our coffee maker bout 3 years ago. I cook up cowboy coffee - friends really think it's great.

...a stainless steel one for in the house, and a high quality stainless steel mini-perc one we bought at

a great well-known frontier mini-mall place in S. Dakota called "Wall Drug". Rarely does any place serve coffee this good, imho:

• Thanks 1

∆  interesting and informative read from Cal on the above "How to Make Cowboy Coffee" video,  I ended up watching the whole  14:34 on it.

Reminds me of cooking on a real authentic wood stove in the fall or winter at scout camp  -but- it would apply to the campground, backyard or in your kitchen. 

And almost everyone likes coffee either by itself or with a meal.      Check it out.  ✓

• Thanks 1

Wow that's a real hearty breakfast !  I'm not sure about the salsa but I would try it.

I've always believed that breakfast is a great way to start the day....... especially for a hard working man.    And of course with some cowboy coffee.  :D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Wow that's a real hearty breakfast !  I'm not sure about the salsa but I would try it.

I've always believed that breakfast is a great way to start the day....... especially for a hard working man.    And of course with some cowboy coffee.  :D

during the work week my breakfast is coffee and marlboros

26 minutes ago, ATOM said:

during the work week my breakfast is coffee and marlboros

The breakfast of champions ! 🏆

On 2/19/2022 at 7:31 PM, ATOM said:

especially if i mix in a beer lol

Any time is a good time for beer.  I don't drink anymore because when I started to take that attitude with Bourbon my liver started to revolt. When quitting alcohol became a reality, either by self choice or kicking the bucket, the choice became easy.  I am happy to report all the liver functions are back in the good range.  It's been 18 months since I had any alcohol.

I miss it sometimes, but I don't miss being sick so it is what it is.  I like to talk about it from time to time because it helps.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Pavo Joe said:

The best shine I've ever tasted was supplied by you.

Thanks.   Made by a cousin of mine in Alabama. That side of the family has been "stilling" since the mid/ late 1800's down there.  Someone keeps picking up the trade and the recipe keeps getting passed down.