THE BROWNS BOARD

Story time . . . Swamp draining ( . . . )

JAFBF

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I was thinking about the title of this thread.

I wonder what the Mar-a-largo  swamp will reveal when we see what Trump had possession of in his home.

Should be interesting,  it already has been so far.    :o  

.....edit add,  or should we look for some memes for the answer.    :lol:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I wonder what the Mar-a-largo  swamp will reveal when we see what Trump had possession of in his home.

FBI agent accused of political bias, suppressing Hunter Biden laptop leaves the bureau

Does anyone actually think that Hunter Biden is completely innocent of  any  wrongdoings ?    :lol:

I'm sure he is guilty of something,  like I've always said  "follow the money ! ".   

When you're around power and big money it's tempting to try and get some.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I wonder what the Mar-a-Lago  swamp will reveal when we see what Trump had possession of in his home.

...... second edit on Mar-a-Lago spelling error.  (Or Much-of-Large money O. )   Take your pick.

Since leaving the White House  its now the center of Trump’s mega mega millions money machine.   My opinion of course not the IRS, Trump creditors, people trump has chisled over the years, etc, etc.   

A very interesting topic, he's dodged everything so far, even an insurrection against the Capitol hasn't stopped it completely.....soon finally to come to a decision or two.  When will all of his bankrupt holdings have their day in court.   Must see TV stuff......and just my opinion of course.   :)

Vambo, you're a pretty smart guy I've read a lot of your writings.   What is your personal feelings about DJT and his empire, character as a person, handling of the covid mess  that kind of thing.   And try not to drag other names in if possible.   Just trump45 the man, business man, president  that sort of thing.   

Honest answers no mud slinging besides it doesn't work well on a computer.   :blink:

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I wonder what the Mar-a-Lago  swamp will reveal when we see what Trump had possession of in his home.

...... second edit on Mar-a-Lago spelling error.  (Or Much-of-Large money O. )   Take your pick.

Since leaving the White House  its now the center of Trump’s mega mega millions money machine.   My opinion of course not the IRS, Trump creditors, people trump has chisled over the years, etc, etc.   

A very interesting topic, he's dodged everything so far, even an insurrection against the Capitol hasn't stopped it completely.....soon finally to come to a decision or two.  When will all of his bankrupt holdings have their day in court.   Must see TV stuff......and just my opinion of course.   :)

"How do you introduce evidence legally?"

Who's to say there wasn't certain "evidence" intentionally placed within that which was confiscation by Trump ?

On the the other hand (or both for that matter), if the FIB was planting "evidence"   .   .   .  

The Camera's were never turned off - we've already seen comments that the FIB behaved badly by those that have seen the tapes.

22 hours ago, JAFBF said:

"How do you introduce evidence legally?"     Oh a note below.  mjp.

Who's to say there wasn't certain "evidence" intentionally placed within that which was confiscation by Trump 

On the the other hand (or both for that matter), if the FIB was planting "evidence"   .   .   .  

The Camera's were never turned off - we've already seen comments that the FIB behaved badly by those that have seen the tapes.

....there, I cleaned up your reply a bit,  looks better this way.

I guess you didn't understand my post to Vambo I wanted to know his personal opinion of DJT  NOT  some deep right wing political jargon.   Ask a question  about DJT and you get some attack against the other side....not what I was asking. 

OK I'll ask the same question to you JAFBF if you're interested about any other things that you would like to share like background,  education,  work or life experiences.   Sometimes  you can get a whole different opinion about the other person.   Why not ?    And of course I'd try to answer anything about me....besides being all red or blue....I can guarantee I'm not all one color.

For example I was for some of Trump’s ideas early on in his presidency for one the wall  a good idea that we know now sure would have helped the things on our southern border.  We now have an uncontrollable mess, a free pass for anyone who shows up at the Rio Grande to flood into the USA.   

Geee if we started again tomorrow how long to fix it ?   :lol:.    I have a few more plus a few things I don't like about "The Donald"  well more than a few. Just the way it works we all have our opinions and ideas......that we believe are right.

Care to comment on that ?  I do pop over here once in awhile and.......

GO BROWNS,  that is why we're here right ?

23 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Vambo, you're a pretty smart guy I've read a lot of your writings.   What is your personal feelings about DJT and his empire, character as a person, handling of the covid mess  that kind of thing.   And try not to drag other names in if possible.   Just trump45 the man, business man, president  that sort of thing.   

Honest answers no mud slinging besides it doesn't work well on a computer.   :blink:

You do one on Joe Biden and his empire and family...his family ties to China, Ukraine and Russia and his latest buying votes with student debt transfer to tax payers.

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

You do one on Joe Biden and his empire and family...his family ties to China, Ukraine and Russia and his latest buying votes with student debt transfer to tax payers.

It will just wind up being more broken promises by the left...

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Should he plagiarizer it? Just to be accurate y'know ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Not that I wanted to play do you one better I just wanted your opinion of DJT the person so I'll  make it short.....but it is a long winding road to get there.   And just my opinion of course. 

To tell you the honest truth I know or maybe remember Joe Biden is that he is/was a lifetime politician who has made a nice life for himself with a nice pension all wrapped up and waiting for him whenever he wanted to take it.

In 2016 the democrats had a presidential candidate all wrapped up in Ms Hillary R Clinton and an easy 20 point margin to boot.  Well the democrats and especially HRC got very lazy and took for granted this was over.  And yes you know the rest DJT was anything  but lazy and stupid.

Whether you like DJT or not the fact  is as the weeks rolled on he got busier and worked his ass off right up to election day.   Meanwhile the lazy and stupid democrats still thought that they had this thing won by several points in fact almost "everyone " thought the same.

Guess what DJT became DJT 45, how about that.  Now the democrats (as a national party) realized they had a major problem on their hands who are they going to run in 2020 against DJT who for various reasons $$$$$ related was going to run for reelection  guaranteed,  you or I would too if in that position. 

And DJT was a slam dunk favorite going in against any democratic candidate out there they were screwed.   Then came along a break a gift from the labs (or lab screw up) from China  COVID-19.   

That kind of turned the tables around Trump himself and his mistakes in dealing with covid early on which would cost him later.  His mistakes opened up some hope for the democrats. 

Skipping right along the democrats still needed a guy who had enough political savvy to take on DJT.  Enter Joe Biden remember him ?  Oh and HRC was out, yesterday's old news.

Back to the top about the lifetime politician who might fill the bill it was Biden.  Now if covid had never happened the economy was humming along, no major problems then -splat- a big worldwide pandemic hit.  Trump handled it badly  (another discussion not here)  AND the tables turned. 

Joe Biden didn't exactly go out early on trying to get, earn, whatever a presidential bid but it just opened up for him to run. Again my opinion.   But the results are there.  I personally  do not think Joe Biden would have had....edit...any chance to beat DJT without covid.

DJT tried in the courts (another discussion)  and basically lost 1-60 or something like that. He was done, out, finished.   

But things just changed again  DJT might have the finances to try to run in 2024.  And I think Joe probably will not be there.  Here we go again.   Enough for now, whew !  mjp.   (it's late I didn't even proof read this thing, maybe later)   :)

On 8/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, mjp28 said:

Trump is a business man and ran the country with that mindset and in the process made a few mistakes but made a lot more positives. If the Democrats would have in the least bit worked with him I think we could have done amazing things. He is brash said things how he saw it and didn't apologize for it, that got him into a lot of controversy but he usually stuck to his guns. He knows how to push the people who opposed him buttons (Pocahontas) which caused the Dems to hate him but his base loved it. 

They used everything they could to get rid of him lied cheated made up evidence and spied on his campaign, over 2 1/2 years of investigations, multiple law suits, endless attempts to get his tax records, MSM had negative coverage what 97% of the time. The first kangaroo court impeachment where they hid in the basement and would not let Republicans in to review witness testimony or cross examine. Then Nadler kept blocking questions Republicans wanted to ask.

What the second impeachment Congress didn't even hold a trial they just impeached him and he still won in the end, how many other Politicians could go through all the investigations and media bias and still manage to get things done.  The media need him without Trump their ratings tank (CNN) the Democrats need him to distract from all the idiotic policies they pass and the disasters that follow.

Bottom line he's far from perfect, I think fact he was an outsider which helped him get things done, he saw a problem and tried to fix it which got him into a lot of hot water at times...he didn't know how to play the game but I think he had good intentions.

If he broke the law he should be held accountable but it's hard to tell because of all the illegal things the Democrats have tried to do to get rid of him they are obsessed (TDS) so it is difficult to take the current quest to get rid of him serious they have blown all credibility.  

Well that's it hopefully my old English teacher doesn't red mark all my mistakes! ;)

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Trump is a business man and ran the country with that mindset and in the process made a few mistakes but made a lot more positives. If the Democrats would have in the least bit worked with him I think we could have done amazing things. He is brash said things how he saw it and didn't apologize for it, that got him into a lot of controversy but he usually stuck to his guns. He knows how to push the people who opposed him buttons (Pocahontas) which caused the Dems to hate him but his base loved it. 

They used everything they could to get rid of him lied cheated made up evidence and spied on his campaign, over 2 1/2 years of investigations, multiple law suits, endless attempts to get his tax records, MSM had negative coverage what 97% of the time. The first kangaroo court impeachment where they hid in the basement and would not let Republicans in to review witness testimony or cross examine. Then Nadler kept blocking questions Republicans wanted to ask.

What the second impeachment Congress didn't even hold a trial they just impeached him and he still won in the end, how many other Politicians could go through all the investigations and media bias and still manage to get things done.  The media need him without Trump their ratings tank (CNN) the Democrats need him to distract from all the idiotic policies they pass and the disasters that follow.

Bottom line he's far from perfect, I think fact he was an outsider which helped him get things done, he saw a problem and tried to fix it which got him into a lot of hot water at times...he didn't know how to play the game but I think he had good intentions.

If he broke the law he should be held accountable but it's hard to tell because of all the illegal things the Democrats have tried to do to get rid of him they are obsessed (TDS) so it is difficult to take the current quest to get rid of him serious they have blown all credibility.  

Well that's it hopefully my old English teacher doesn't red mark all my mistakes! ;)

The only big problem I have with Trump is he tends to say stupid things and sticks his foot in his mouth... Otherwise , I think he has some good policies and some great ideas... He understands though that you have to run America like a business.. there's just no getting around it. People who believe otherwise are living in some self made utopian fantasy. When you have Domestic and Foreign interests you have to "play ball" sometimes. Trump was the right man for this... And as far as having failed business in his history.. He's had successful ones... Not every business one starts is successful.. Sometimes you have you have Failure in some sense to move forward. All politicians break laws. Just about all Millionaires and billionaires break laws... I remember a quote by Mario Puzo that went something like... "Behind every Millionaire,There are a Million crimes"

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Vambo said:

OK Vambo the mjp inital grades on your reply to me.....subject to change as time goes on.  On a A B C D F scale no C, D or F grades that's for sure.

A few things about me besides my 25+ years in the steel industry with 3 Fortune 500 companies all were #1 in their specialty while I was there, ironically two of them later dropped off USS (X) and GATX (GATC or GATX) are no longer leaders swallowed up by young healthy companies like NUCOR  (go look them all up, later).  I still have stock in all 3 and retired from the now #1 steel company in the USA NUCOR  (NUE) the best of the three.

I finished my MBA with a dual major in Management and Finance while at NUCOR's steel joist and deck division Vulcraft but all 3 together paid for 100% of of my graduate school,  mjp paid 0% for tuition,  books, fees etc. Nice perk I had there while  working for all three.  I'm qualified to teach on the collegiate level business classes.  Now on to Vambo.

B-  Knowledge of subject matter,  need a little honest look into the Democratic viewpoint on things.

A   Knowledge about DJT and his political views.

B+  On willingness to see the other side's viewpoint.  Can improve in time.

A   Getting your message into a small reply.  (No grade on your English here, just political facts.)

A.  Overall.  I might not be as generous on others but who knows that might improve too with additional conversations. 

I think you passed.  mjp.   

......edit add.  Interests, Browns, Fishing,  Music, Billards.   

A person who likes to think things through,  not prone to jumping to conclusions.   Now what are your educational and work/life experiences ?  Current employment ?

I always feel that educational and then your work/life experiences tend to go together. Sometimes that's better than just letter grades.  

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

OK Vambo the mjp inital grades on your reply to me.....subject to change as time goes on.  On a A B C D F scale no C, D or F grades that's for sure.

A few things about me besides my 25+ years in the steel industry with 3 Fortune 500 companies all were #1 in their specialty while I was there, ironically two of them later dropped off USS (X) and GATX (GATC or GATX) are no longer leaders swallowed up by young healthy companies like NUCOR  (go look them all up, later).  I still have stock in all 3 and retired from the now #1 steel company in the USA NUCOR  (NUE) the best of the three.

I finished my MBA with a dual major in Management and Finance while at NUCOR's steel joist and deck division Vulcraft but all 3 together paid for 100% of of my graduate school,  mjp paid 0% for tuition,  books, fees etc. Nice perk I had there while  working for all three.  I'm qualified to teach on the collegiate level business classes.  Now on to Vambo.

B-  Knowledge of subject matter,  need a little honest look into the Democratic viewpoint on things.

A   Knowledge about DJT and his political views.

B+  On willingness to see the other side's viewpoint.  Can improve in time.

A   Getting your message into a small reply.  (No grade on your English here, just political facts.)

A.  Overall.  I might not be as generous on others but who knows that might improve too with additional conversations. 

I think you passed.  mjp.   

......edit add.  Interests, Browns, Fishing,  Music, Billards.   

A person who likes to think things through,  not prone to jumping to conclusions.   Now what are your educational and work/life experiences ?  Current employment ?

I always feel that educational and then your work/life experiences tend to go together. Sometimes that's better than just letter grades.  

First you need to do an analysis on Joe Biden the same as you asked on Trump as Biden would say Quid Pro....you know the thing!:D

7 hours ago, nickers said:

The only big problem I have with Trump is he tends to say stupid things and sticks his foot in his mouth... Otherwise , I think he has some good policies and some great ideas... He understands though that you have to run America like a business.. there's just no getting around it. People who believe otherwise are living in some self made utopian fantasy. When you have Domestic and Foreign interests you have to "play ball" sometimes. Trump was the right man for this... And as far as having failed business in his history.. He's had successful ones... Not every business one starts is successful.. Sometimes you have you have Failure in some sense to move forward. All politicians break laws. Just about all Millionaires and billionaires break laws... I remember a quote by Mario Puzo that went something like... "Behind every Millionaire,There are a Million crimes"

OK  Mr nickers  you're up next.  First he is the defending champion in his first year in my 12+ years running our Fleaflicker FL,  not bad !  My favorite of all of the FLs out there.   Now on to my assessment of Mr nickers.....

..... "The only big problem I have with Trump is he tends to say stupid things and sticks his foot in his mouth".......

Now that is an honest answer about Mr DJT but it says a lot "The Donald " is not a professional politician in fact this was his first ever political race of any kind....The President of the United States of America ?   Are you kidding me ?  Impossible thing to do from a businessman who was on a TV game contest to POTUS.  

But it shows that DJT knew the power of being on TV he learned the power of being the story  without spending a dime !   Brilliant !  The other guys are out fundraising and making promises  (some they know they can't keep)  to get millions and millions of dollars to pay for what DJT is getting for FREE on every network  out there.

And the  2016, 2020 presidential  elections were the first really social media driven races with both good *and evil consequences.   We were flooded with a lot of new terms like fake news among others many generated by DJT others by our enemies.   The later being a growing problem. 

Now another insight  by Mr nickers  ......." Otherwise , I think he has some good policies and some great ideas... He understands though that you have to run America like a business."........

And that's pretty much DJT did especially in his first year in office he did have some good ideas some like "the wall"  which I personally liked  -but-  politics got going starting to oppose DJT many times just on the red/blue thing.  And then around 2019 the COVID-19  worldwide pandemic began to mess things up for Trump and the United States in all walks of life.  Plus the 2020 election was on the horizon.

And then the classic closing ....... " I remember a quote by Mario Puzo that went something like... "Behind every Millionaire,There are a Million crimes"......

Well it is a funny ending with a bit of truth in it, every Millionaire or multimillionaire  or especially the billionaires might have to take some chances, bend a few rules or possibly step on a few toes and who knows what else to get there.  Not every person has a father that can give them  " a few million bucks"  to get started.....but some do.  

My inital grades on an A B C D F scale.

A   On your honest answer to the question, straight and to the point.  Some memorable quotes there.

B  On the depth of subject matter, can be improved over time. Touched on several issues.

B+  On using the Mario Puzo quote to make a point on a subject with some humor and probably.               more to the subject that needs investigating.

B   On stating your opinions in one small thread post.  Not always easy to do.  

B   Overall grade.  Well done and still room to expand and explore the topic.

......... edit add.  Interests:  Music, Composing, Arranging, Producer, Computers, Movies, Sports,

Definitely a music side of Mr nickers who also likes movies and sports.  Kind of a WSS side to nickers.

And any other life/work experiences that you would like to expand on ?   mjp.

Edited by mjp28
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 12:52 PM, mjp28 said:

I guess you didn't understand my post to Vambo I wanted to know his personal opinion of DJT  NOT  some deep right wing political jargon.   Ask a question  about DJT and you get some attack against the other side....not what I was asking. 

OK I'll ask the same question to you JAFBF if you're interested about any other things that you would like to share like background,  education,  work or life experiences.   Sometimes  you can get a whole different opinion about the other person.   Why not ?    And of course I'd try to answer anything about me....besides being all red or blue....I can guarantee I'm not all one color.

For example I was for some of Trump’s ideas early on in his presidency for one the wall  a good idea that we know now sure would have helped the things on our southern border.  We now have an uncontrollable mess, a free pass for anyone who shows up at the Rio Grande to flood into the USA.   

Geee if we started again tomorrow how long to fix it ?   :lol:.    I have a few more plus a few things I don't like about "The Donald"  well more than a few. Just the way it works we all have our opinions and ideas......that we believe are right.

Care to comment on that ?  I do pop over here once in awhile and.......

GO BROWNS,  that is why we're here right ?

I wasn't attacking, just pointing out there's more too the story.

I'm on record stating I have reservations about Trump, but so far what he's done is what's needed to be done.

He's not perfect, but no one is.

As far as R / D, I'm on the R side as they're not Socialist / Communist as the D's are - it's just more evident now.

(I)ndependent is a nice idea, but in practice has just split votes between bad D and bad R.

Hopefully this will be addressed somehow down the road, but for now it's a mess.

Politicians all suck - period.

It's been a "lesser of two evils" for decades.

There are going to be lot of R's going down as well.

They are perhaps worse than the D's as they're only pretending to be R's, fooling/stealing support to push the Uni-Party agenda.

What fallacy shall we shed light upon this day ?

How about Global Warming ?

image.thumb.png.16addd871e7000a01878f626354593e5.png

image.png.4556687c8f984a80dec4050d7fda02a1.png

Yes, a bit clipped.

image.thumb.png.e27a33e11824e4356d6766d39dee04fc.png

image.png.b006b071bc8dec40809ab6da1157a8b3.png

Hmmm, Northern Hemisphere, Summer, but gaining record amounts of Ice   .   .   .   might want to start brushing up those Parka's.

You would think this would be major News - oh wait, it doesn't fit the MSM narrative   .   .   .  

8 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

image.thumb.png.b727d149839eff127598e915eb23e398.png

image.thumb.png.9af86a62d8a2b7801515de6b07647148.png

I hear, that there is a video of O telling B what too say, that is going to be coming out.

When folks find out who/what O is really about   .   .   .   Showtime ! ! !

Are You Not Entertained GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I told all of you people before the election if Biden got in... King Barry would be running the show... Everyone laughed at me... Whose laughing now?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

I really don't believe these rallies mean much.

This form of Republican support doesn't appear to be reflected in the Oz/Fretterman race.

Oz should be killing the communist in this race.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, nickers said:

He understands though that you have to run America like a business.

You don't say? Well, what kind of business would that be? General Motors? Where they ship your jobs to Mexico, close plants and layoff thousands of workers and force you to move to another state and if you don't you're done with the company? That kind of business? Or maybe one of Trump's businesses, say a casino..........