THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

manziel made his own bed. he wanted all the attention and he got it. say all you want about him living his life but if he were serious about going in and winning the QB job he would've done his homework and stayed closer to berea, sorta like hoyer did. no selfies? i guess you forget the pics of him on the plane, the picture of the playbook propped up in his hotel room like he was studying it...HA!how as the fan base of the org that drafted this guy going to shut up when the national media is still talking about the decision to start hoyer 3 days after it happened?

sure i think it was handled wrong. this QB competition shit never works out. last monday night's decision to change QBs every other serious was god awful. but don't scold us and tell us to shut up when this is what we live and breath. not to say i want people to pile on manziel but he is a player in a browns uniform and people will continue to talk about as they continue to talk about gordon or hoyer or.............. oh wait hoyer, joe thomas and haden don't do anything to embarrass the club. sorry, i forgot.

Yes, I like it!!!....."please stop offering opinions on FF"....."but, before I practice what I preach, here's my opinion on JF."...oy

Ok, I'll play along......lets talk about how Gilbert, Bitonio, Kirksey and West came into camp and freaking owned it! F an A! Ray Farmer hit on 4 out of his first 5.....amazing reallY!......and we are only in camp, yet it is very apparent that these 4 belong!!!! And RF knows his stuff!

A few more drafts like this and it will be "sustained success"....

How can we be seen as a great fanbase if this is how much patience we have? Its almost as if were so hateful and shortsighted we put an extra layer of pressure on our QBs. Two fucking preseason games and our 21 year old QB is a wasted pick? This is like a new level of embarrassing.

Voices of reason and sanity are not allowed here. Please come back when you are ready to discard a rookie QB who has never played 1 down in even a regular season game. :lol::P

Well.....I guess you have to define "great fanbase". In Cleveland the Browns fans are known as great fans, in the rest of the US Browns fans are known as ummmmmm "loyal".

Go look at attendance percentages and get back to me. Thats how I define it. Not by how many bandwagon fans youve accumulated that will dissipate after a losing season.

I didn't say spilled I said swilled......look it up in a dictionary. It's comical how you guys make this shit up! The only fights at Steeler games are started by dru nk ignorant Browns fans.

Dude ... the Steelers are playing right now ... and you are on a Browns Board debating spilled v. swilled.

Zombo

Yes, I like it!!!....."please stop offering opinions on FF"....."but, before I practice what I preach, here's my opinion on JF."...oy

Ok, I'll play along......lets talk about how Gilbert, Bitonio, Kirksey and West came into camp and freaking owned it! F an A! Ray Farmer hit on 4 out of his first 5.....amazing reallY!......and we are only in camp, yet it is very apparent that these 4 belong!!!! And RF knows his stuff!

A few more drafts like this and it will be "sustained success"....

Yeah brother. The rookies are looking good. So far so good with Farmer. JM was def an owner pick to get $$$ and attention. That plan definitely worked.

I didn't say spilled I said swilled......look it up in a dictionary. It's comical how you guys make this shit up! The only fights at Steeler games are started by drunk ignorant Browns fans.

Do yourself a favor.....go to a Steeler game that is NOT a Browns game, don't get drunk, and watch the courtesy and good old fashioned respect between fans.

Well being a Steelers fan I just figured you misspelled it, and you had no idea what swilled meant, and then I wondered what kind of a douche would say swilled instead of drank. Pittsburgh fans are some of the most belligerent, redneck, dickheads Ive ever met so I think I'll pass on the invite....

Speaking of the Steelers, they need to get rid of that #7. Interception, multiple missed receivers, no points over two quarters even AFTER getting to spend unshared time with the 1's all pre-season. Browns logic says get rid of him. He could never take a team to a superbowl, let alone actually win one. :P

And how about that Nick Football running the no huddle all damn game. You can't score that way!

uhhhhh no. I agree with the shutting up part, but Grossman is well Gross man. I still expect Johnny to start at some point this year, unless Hoyer does what we can only dream of.....Win games and give us good QB play.

I'd rather Shaw play that Grossman- he's a lost cause.

I didn't say spilled I said swilled......look it up in a dictionary. It's comical how you guys make this shit up! The only fights at Steeler games are started by drunk ignorant Browns fans.

Do yourself a favor.....go to a Steeler game that is NOT a Browns game, don't get drunk, and watch the courtesy and good old fashioned respect between fans.

Well, last Browns- Steelers game I attended in Cleveland- drunk & obnoxious STEELER fan started the fight in my section, and got thrown out.

I just find it funny that there are only altercations when the Browns come to town?

Rivalries are always more violent. I've never seen a fight break out in a soccer stadium *except* when local rivals are playing (bear in mind that local rivals over here means < 5 miles apart).

Christ Almighty this is one of the saddest threads I've read. And I scanned through all six pages of it so I'm just as sad.

This is what I said before about not getting your hopes so high for JM. A couple crappy on-the-road preseason games and regrets of the FO drafting JM?

So he's not "Andrew Luck NFL ready"...so what. Hoyer was looking shaky too. Signs point to what Tour said - the competition to see who would be the season's starter was a distraction. Probably for the whole team, especially for the WRs as well as the QBs. Bad throws and dropped passes were the result.

We should be thankful Pettine didn't want to play it out until the 11th hour like Mangini.

Tomorrow is the first home preseason game and I'm damn excited to see it!

... go start writing your comedy routine for "This week in the AFC North"

They are funny... and you should play this year.... I'll even keep your running totals for you.

Signs point to what Tour said - the competition to see who would be the season's starter was a distraction.

That guy really knows his shit... ;)

Well, normally I would say something like "He learned his lesson", but Johnny Finger has proven not to learn very well, and yes, that includes the playbook.

Well, normally I would say something like "He learned his lesson", but Johnny Finger has proven not to learn very well, and yes, that includes the playbook.

Well....he IS learning how to spend his new found income.....that would be the second fine in 2 weeks....at least he's consistent....

Well....he IS learning how to spend his new found income.....that would be the second fine in 2 weeks....at least he's consistent....

.....and he is contributing to charity. Maybe instead of taking the ice bucket challenge he decided to initiate the "Finger Challenge".

For the privilege of giving someone the finger on camera, you have to make a healthy donation to a certain charity.

I know.....the Arthritis Foundation. After all, a lot of people with Arthritis cannot control their digits and often inadvertently give the finger to people

Now, THAT would raise awareness.

(and damn....I think it is a good idea that I just came up with there. Someone should get the idea to JFF to start a campaign.)

AND.....In addition to shutting down the defensive backs with their new "hands off" rules, they are also going to be flagging any vulgar or disparaging "trash talk" too....no swearing, name calling, taunting or fingers allowed....

Looks like the only way to be a tough guy now is to actually PLAY like one......

Are you guys really pissed at him for this?

The Browns have gone so long without a spark and without emotion to me this is refreshing. Seriously? 12K? My Mother would be mortgaging her house to pay the fines if she was an NFL player.

Here is what get's me......The NFL has the full ability to not show things they don't want to show. How many times has there been fights or endzone displays that we don't get to see, but only hear the announcers make references to? But in this case, they have time to blur out the finger?

Fuck these NFL hypocrites. The "flip" is considered $12K disgusting.. BUT BUT BUT............. not so disgusting that the league doesn't benefit from attracting more viewers by showing a video that still leaves nothing to the imagination.

If Manziel played for the Pats, Steelers or Ravens, I guarantee you the league would find forgiveness for him.

Where do I line up to commit MY $12K mistake?

Fuck the league. They are killing football.

It's not the gesture Tom, or the fine. the NFL has clearly said why that sort of stuff is frowned upon. Yes one of the Steelers would have gotten the same fine.

The Redskins got into Manziel's head- big time. Kicked his ass- and then he flips them off.

As a side note- regarding the No Fun League- I finally heard WHY dunking the ball over the goalpost won't be allowed in the future- seems on one of Graham's goalpost dunks last year- he bent the crossbar- and it took them 20 minutes to straighten it out.

This thread is personally directed to Johnny Manziel if he ever logs on here and checks this out.

I am suggesting that you turn this "finger" thing into a positive. Like the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge You should start the "Finger Challenge" for charity. Have people post photos of themselves giving the Finger to some disease or affliction.

Example "give the Finger to Arthritis"....or to Cancer or whichever Foundation you choose that is near and dear to you.

But naturally, like you had to give your fine money for your finger to charity, anyone that does it must...or is encouraged to give money to that particular Foundation that you choose.

And here you go, start by extracting some cash for charity from your boy:

28faa77c4d021a1d6bd5f41dacbb4eed.jpg

Make him pay up for that.

Archived