THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha. Harvey Dahl. That was awesome when it happened. Because it *wasn't* fucking holding.

Man I hate Jerome Boger. Nobody sucks more.

As far as Manziel flipping the bird goes. Meh. Dude's 21 and answered smack with smack. But he's gonna have to learn that what he hard from the Redskins is just the tip of the iceberg. Now that dudes know they can get in his head, it's only gonna get worse. His handlers need to pound that into his head or he needs better handlers. Personally, I thought it was funny. Reminded me of high school.

Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

They new exactly what they wanted to accomplish and they did! Was nothing but a marketing scheme to get people talking and spending money! What a scam!

I still like the kid but wish we had stayed at #4 and taken either Watkins or Mack. With having Hoyer on the roster and knowing Gordon was gonna get pinched for min 8 games possibly all 16...there was no excuse to pass up Watkins and if he was gone you take Khalil Mack and have him play next to Dansby for a couple years.

I still like the kid but wish we had stayed at #4 and taken either Watkins or Mack. With having Hoyer on the roster and knowing Gordon was gonna get pinched for min 8 games possibly all 16...there was no excuse to pass up Watkins and if he was gone you take Khalil Mack and have him play next to Dansby for a couple years.

the trade and pick of gilbert was top notch. you can't deny that. sammy watkins and kahlil mack won't have the same impact on winning games as gilbert will. at 22 there were plenty of WRs still available, PLUS the trade will garner us another blue chip player next year.

the trade and pick of gilbert was top notch. you can't deny that. sammy watkins and kahlil mack won't have the same impact on winning games as gilbert will. at 22 there were plenty of WRs still available, PLUS the trade will garner us another blue chip player next year.

The trade was great.

The Browns should had taken Bridgewater at 22 based on that 100K QB analysis instead of a 'wreck the league' text.

Bridgewater has been everything as advertised. Live and breath football since day 1.

I'm not against Gilbert per se....it's still to be determined. Hard to argue though that Watkins wouldn't have any impact on winning games. You can maybe make that argument with Mack even though I think long term Mack was possibly the next Ray Lewis. Watkins would have had an immediate effect. Even though I'd love to point out the drops we've had so far and that Watkins wouldn't drop shit, we've seen WR'ers come here before that never dropped anything but fuck if there isn't something in the water in Berea.

I think Pettine would rather have not had the distractions, but who could have been taken in the 1st round, competed and not have created the bulk of the current mess?

I do not think any of the Browns' brain trust are to the regret stage yet... but many have "found religion"... praying Hoyer does well enough for them to bring JM along. Just as they'd hoped all along.

I love seeing a word for the first time here...

LOL!

re·cant
riˈkant/
verb
verb: recant; 3rd person present: recants; past tense: recanted; past participle: recanted; gerund or present participle: recanting
say that one no longer holds an opinion or belief, especially one considered heretical.
"heretics were burned if they would not recant"
I'll bring the matches! Got that from 45 years with my Phi Beta Kappa Magna Cum Laude Cornelll Grad wife. Life long English teacher-hell on a little bitty ole Texian vocabulary.

I was the biggest Bridgewater supporter on this board, but he told his agent he didn't want to be here. There was a report that he said he would retire if the browns were to pick him. I can't blame the f.o. for not drafting him, but Manziel was a terrible pick. I thought he was worth a gamble in the 3rd, but not only did we pick him in the first, we traded up to get him.

I'm not saying all hope is lost after 2 preseason games, he has shown some good things and I hope he proves me wrong.

Ah, Jerrah will take him off your hands for a 5th rounder next year. Make the deal.

Of course Philly and Seattle would give up 4th rounders for a good backup in the high octane offenses they run. They are both a snap away from needing a JM. You might even get them to throw in a real RT for the O as a bonus. Hoyer's gonna need it.

He has it way worse than any other player, even Ray Rice

He has it worse because he consistently does stupid & immature stuff...all while the world is watching. Face it, Johnny is an attention hound and begs for the spotlight. He's put himself in these awkward positions completely on his own. If he was simply minding his P's and Q's, instead of being a party animal, there would be nothing to pick on and he would be just another rookie trying to make a team.....

So, let's not blame the media for simply reporting his indiscretions.....let's blame him for constantly making them....

Lastly.....Cant stand when someone acts like a f@ck up and then folks point to another f@ck up to make it seem alright.....who cares about Ray Rice and how much press he gets, cause it's not relevant to JFF.......To me, it just means there are at least 2 players out there who dont know how to act......

No you fucking dummy, I just get the vibe they are regretting it.

What is a "vibe"? How do you get one of those? Anyway...

How the hell could a team regret drafting a player before he has even had a chance to play? Sure, maybe they didn't want all the off-field stuff but that will certainly be worth it if he develops into a franchise QB. I mean seriously... he has a 1-0 TD-INT ratio so far... Let's give the kid a shot before we start "regretting" having him.

Not to mention, the FO sold out tickets to every game within 30 minutes of opening sales... I'm pretty sure they're not regretting that...

I don't think there's any regret at this point.

Maybe disappointment in how the whole Team is playing so far.

Biggest issue I'm seeing on O right now is the timing looks off a bit.

Let's see what happens Saturday before we all move to the ledge . . . .

flipping the bird is about the most polite thing conveyed on a football field during a game.

Like always, you're too dense to understand it, so I'm gonna type s l o w e r for you. Ready? Are you sure? Ok, here goes, now focus:

IT'S AGAINST THE RULES AND ALL PLAYERS KNOW IT

I have to believe the biggest disappointment for the team so far is how bad #6 has looked. Manziel being young and playing poorly has to be expected somewhat, they started this summer saying he was the backup, and he remains the backup. However I have to imagine they had better things in mind from #6. Hasn't exactly inspired confidence out of anyone.

This one is on Haslam as it was clearly his pick/decision. I wonder if he'll stand up and take accountability for it. Time will tell but should JF fail, then it's still probably a great business move, but will set the football team back at least a year, maybe two. Unlike other first round QB's that don't smoke the grade and find themselves as 2nd or 3rd string, JF will have polarized himself right out of the NFL.

Many football experts warned about JF, both as a person and a player. It's too bad the Browns didn't listen because right now, IMHO they regret the decision. However, as someone pointed out, it's way too early to make this call from a field perspective and hopefully he will mature quickly and realize that both are keys to his NFL career.

Give it a break. It's two games into the PRE SEASON. Who really thought that JF would start the opener? Not any real Browns fan, well maybe one who left. There is really nothing surprising about this. Kid is right out of college, under a lot of pressure. He will be given time to settle down and learn. Panic this early is stupid.

Archived