THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

LOL!

re·cant

lol...

Just to be sure... it's just the first time I have seen that word used in a post on this forum...

Nobody thinks this is all jumping the gun quite a bit?

I'll agree with that.

Oh you fag...

You do realize that now you have to send a royalty check to mik...

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to believe the biggest disappointment for the team so far is how bad #6 has looked. Manziel being young and playing poorly has to be expected somewhat, they started this summer saying he was the backup, and he remains the backup. However I have to imagine they had better things in mind from #6. Hasn't exactly inspired confidence out of anyone.

So much disapointment they decided to name him starter of week 1??? I have seen 6 dropped passes in two games by wrs. Hard for any qb to get in rythem with that shit going on. Not every throw in the NFL has to be on the money. And the ones that have been have been dropped. Thank god preseason is 4 games and not 2. Where all other qbs that have known they are starting have had these warm up games to fine tune their game and mechanics. Not the Browns they put alot of unneeded pressure on Hoyer to beat out someone who honestly didnt deserve a chance yet except in the medias eye. Hopefully Hoyer can relax and play his game and fine tune his mechanics. I have a feeling he will be just fine. The rest of the offense...well that might be a different story

So much disapointment they decided to name him starter of week 1??? I have seen 6 dropped passes in two games by wrs. Hard for any qb to get in rythem with that shit going on. Not every throw in the NFL has to be on the money. And the ones that have been have been dropped. Thank god preseason is 4 games and not 2. Where all other qbs that have known they are starting have had these warm up games to fine tune their game and mechanics. Not the Browns they put alot of unneeded pressure on Hoyer to beat out someone who honestly didnt deserve a chance yet except in the medias eye. Hopefully Hoyer can relax and play his game and fine tune his mechanics. I have a feeling he will be just fine. The rest of the offense...well that might be a different story

Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

Wait, you think the Manziel pressure is just going to go away now? You think once the regular season begins that the spotlight isn't going to intensify on this?

Not at all. There should always be compitition at every position. If what Pettine says is true that Hoyer has been in the lead to start from day 1 and that has never changed then by this farse of a compitition has done nothing but hinder our opening day starter from getting ready. Sharing reps with 1st teamers flipflopping in preseason games.

I get sick of the Browns doing things you never ever see other teams do. No other team woulda handled things this way.

When we drafted the Finger, I instantly had the same reaction as I did when we traded up and took the Dancing Momba at #3 two years earlier............ Immediate disappointment, bordering on disgust.

So I'll go on record right here, right now and say............" I regret the Browns drafting the Finger."

Not at all. There should always be compitition at every position. If what Pettine says is true that Hoyer has been in the lead to start from day 1 and that has never changed then by this farse of a compitition has done nothing but hinder our opening day starter from getting ready. Sharing reps with 1st teamers flipflopping in preseason games.

I get sick of the Browns doing things you never ever see other teams do. No other team woulda handled things this way.

yeah but what other way COULD they have handled it?

you thought the outcries from JF fans were crazy given the open competition, imagine if they would have said from day one JF is going to be the backup and that's that.

naming hoyer as the starter now is smart because there was a competition, manziel lost and let them focus totally with hoyer with the ones to try and get SOME type of offense set in stone before pittsburgh week one.

I don't think the media "spotlight" was the issue for Hoyer. I think the staff's mixed messages and the split reps were the issue.

With the decision made and the reps assigned accordingly I expect to see improvement... starting SAturday when Hoyer should see a solid half and at least a drive in the 3rd Qtr.

... there was a competition, manziel lost...

Not sensing that a major chunk of the "fandom" is agreeing with that...

I don't think the media "spotlight" was the issue for Hoyer. I think the staff's mixed messages and the split reps were the issue.

With the decision made and the reps assigned accordingly I expect to see improvement... starting SAturday when Hoyer should see a solid half and at least a drive in the 3rd Qtr.

Not sensing that a major chunk of the "fandom" is agreeing with that...

I think this is most likely the heart of the problem.

Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

i'm sure manziel regrets ever going to cleveland and that dysfunctional franchise called the browns.....

For real......especially since he couldn't even win the starting job on one of the worst teams in the league or from a 5 year backup who has performed poorly throughout camp and both games so far......

Woulda been much better for him to just go to Texas or Dallas, where he woulda been handed the job and the keys to the city and would NOT have to waste his party time actually working, studying, competing, etc.....really....

If you think that is true then that should play out in a trade soon. When it doesn't happen then come back and recant the thread

Even if its true its unlikely to happen while his trade value is as low as humanly possible.

I believe that Pettine / Farmer never wanted the turd and that Haslam with some Shanahan influence forced the issue. Id bet money on that. If I am right hopefully Jimmy learns to stay out of football decisions.

It just all comes down to play. I'm not ready to hit the panic button because a rookie QB looked mediocre in a pre-season game, but it's admittedly discouraging. If Manziel lives up to the hype though Cleveland as a football team and city will relish drafting him. Only time will tell.

Exactly. JF still has a lot of growing up to do, both as a player and a person. The finger was sandlot, and the Redskins were laughing about how easy it was to get him flustered after he played poorly. Manziel is a smart kid- but playing NFL qb and the playbook is 5X harder than at A&M. I'm not ready to throw JF under the bus- yet.

This is one great thing about the rookie salary cap. If JF doesnt pan out, we havent blown the bankroll

Yup.

Ah, Jerrah will take him off your hands for a 5th rounder next year. Make the deal.

Of course Philly and Seattle would give up 4th rounders for a good backup in the high octane offenses they run. They are both a snap away from needing a JM. You might even get them to throw in a real RT for the O as a bonus. Hoyer's gonna need it.

LOL AG- you mean if Hoyer doesn't pan out, Jerrah- please give us your first for JF That gives us 3 first rounders next year. Hello Winston, Hundley, or Marriotta. BTW, the last time the Cowboys played in Cleveland, plenty of Browns fans shot Jerry the bird- he was sitting in the luxury box right behind us. Seriously, I think you have it about right on Johnny's current trade value.

What is a "vibe"? How do you get one of those? Anyway...

How the hell could a team regret drafting a player before he has even had a chance to play? Sure, maybe they didn't want all the off-field stuff but that will certainly be worth it if he develops into a franchise QB. I mean seriously... he has a 1-0 TD-INT ratio so far... Let's give the kid a shot before we start "regretting" having him.

Not to mention, the FO sold out tickets to every game within 30 minutes of opening sales... I'm pretty sure they're not regretting that...

Vibe? Here's a Vibe. You can get a used one for around $13k :)

2004_pontiac_vibe_4dr_car_96635317912977

When we drafted the Finger, I instantly had the same reaction as I did when we traded up and took the Dancing Momba at #3 two years earlier............ Immediate disappointment, bordering on disgust.

So I'll go on record right here, right now and say............" I regret the Browns drafting the Finger."

Sort of the feeling I had- we're drafting a problem child who may or may not pan out.

Aw gee, disappointed Johnny is what we (Browns fans) thought he is- a project that ran a sandlot offense at A&M putting up big numbers? Where's that guy who said "Manziel coulda beat out a (in their prime) Kurt Warner, or Tony Romo? Right now? Talk about unrealistic expectations. BTW jayjay Pettine has forgotten more about football than you know.

Board admin, please help this guy out and add the B that he inadvertently left of at the beginning of his screen name.

Zombo has already kicked a bunch of the JFF one trick ponies out.

At least the SC Shaw fans who showed up after Monday night are being realistic, and talking FOOTBALL, not how unbelievably great their man crush is.

only a moron like pettine would be upset over this.....i guess browns fans never played sports.....trash talking goes on from little league on up......maybe pettine saw this as an excuse to give homey hoyer the job.....he sure as hell didn't earn it......

What is a "vibe"? How do you get one of those? Anyway...

How the hell could a team regret drafting a player before he has even had a chance to play? Sure, maybe they didn't want all the off-field stuff but that will certainly be worth it if he develops into a franchise QB. I mean seriously... he has a 1-0 TD-INT ratio so far... Let's give the kid a shot before we start "regretting" having him.

Not to mention, the FO sold out tickets to every game within 30 minutes of opening sales... I'm pretty sure they're not regretting that...

Its a crappy car made by Pontiac.

I have to believe the biggest disappointment for the team so far is how bad #6 has looked. Manziel being young and playing poorly has to be expected somewhat, they started this summer saying he was the backup, and he remains the backup. However I have to imagine they had better things in mind from #6. Hasn't exactly inspired confidence out of anyone.

so....its to be expected now? Funny how you and Walter changed your tunes when you realized how right us haters were.

We were jealous....homers....haters for not worshipping at the alter of scrambles.

Sad part is, an I told you so comes along with another struggling rookie QB. So please, why not harken back to Saturday when you said the Lil guy does everything better than hoyer?

A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

Do they make breathalyzers for PCs?

Lol welcome to the " I made a dumbass knee jerk post club". Virtually every member of the board belongs to it. Welcome

Now there's a T-shirt idea...

I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.

Yup... why would you need a football team when you have Johnny Fucking Football to validate your manhood...

Plenty of pro's have done this over the years and they have also received the same criticism..... This isnt some double standard created by intense media scrutiny, this was freaking Monday Night Football....in front of millions of people and cameras.....and he KNOWS they are watching, yet still acts the fool....

If I was at the biggest interview / audition of my life....and the whole world was watching.....and it was being televised world wide.....and my bosses and coaches and fans were all watching every step(and I knew it).......then I wouldnt do something stupid like that.....

Bottom line........immature is immature and quality stands up to scrutiny..(no matter how intense)

Really well put... really, really well put...

Archived