THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have said most of the year, I have full faith in pettine. He will start JF, book it. Live and learn, he had to see what he had in hoyer, for sure. Now we know what we have, for sure. He WILL start JF.

If he doesn't, I may join the WalterWhite train....and if I did that I would have to kill myself. So let's hope he starts johnny.

I hope not.

Hoyer has gotten WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY...............WORSE

There is NO ONE on this forum that can still back Hoyer

As much as I love a challenge...

I can't see Hoyer starting.

The only mitigating factor I can possibly imagine is that Hoyer started our last two wins over Cinci. However, as much as Pettine bemoaned wasting last week's Defensive effort against the Bills, I cannot imagine today's much more egregious waste, can be overlooked.

I think a lot of people are blaming Hoyer for issues that aren't his fault

I think it must suck for Hoyer having fans call for the unproven rookie as soon as he throws an interception

I think NFL defenses will figure out Johnny after a game or two of film on him

That being said, I say we start Johnny. We're out of the playoffs and we might as well see what he can do.

I think a lot of people are blaming Hoyer for issues that aren't his fault

Yea throwing interceptions when you have plenty of time and overthrowing receivers is NEVER Brian's fault.

It's the wind and wrong route running. It was all not having Gordon and Cameron. It was the o-lines fault.

Hoyer is a great QB and I'm sure he'll get a large contract this offseason. I'm think 6 years 125 million to replace Manning in Denver.

he has taken four snaps this year or maybe less. just accept that hoyer is better for a team in the running for a playoff spot. just hope that the browns trade manziel to the cowboys next year so you can be one of jerrys kids.

We already gave Jerry a cast-off and he's pissed about it. At least Bryant can rail at him (Weeden) instead of everybody else. Nah, I say trade him to Pittsburgh so he can beat the shit out of us twice a year. After Buffalo and then today do you still feel the same? The defense today scored more today than a Hoyer led offense in the past two games. Remember, Johnny scored the TD last week.

I'm not an Aggie nor am I an Aggie fan but graduating from an SEC school and watching Manziel for the past 2 years, he is the real deal. I would think the bowl game against Duke last year would have shown everybody that. He grabbed Evans by the facemask and went eye to eye after his second personal foul is as many drives.

I get it, Hoyer is a St. Ignatius kid and a former big 10 QB. Too fucking bad! He's lost his touch and his will to win. A pussy can't be a leader - PERIOD. Manziel is a winner.

So in listening to the post game show yesterday I heard Tony Grossi reiterate a few rumors you've heard before.

First that the front office is torn between Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel with coach on the Veterans side.

We have heard some snarky comments, such as the one about the office not being quarterback centric.

Ru more has it that the coach was upset Johnny went to the Cavaliers game last Tuesday.

Also that he was annoyed that Johnny showed up Sunday at the stadium at 11 o'clock instead of 6 a.m. Or whenever Brian Hoyer did.

I can't imagine why they would give a shit about a Tuesday night basketball game. Also if no team rules were broken what in the world does it help to show up at the stadium early? If Brian Hoyer showed up early it didn't do him any good.

I think Mike Pettine has done a very nice job with the team here but if his vindictive nature is going to cause your team to lose games that's a very serious flaw that he needs to overcome.

And if he dislikes JFF badly enough to sacrifice a game and quite probably a chance at the playoffs to teach him a lesson it doesn't bode well for the future nor set a good example for the rest of the team.

Possibly he can spin it as trying to give the starter a chance. Or to lay the blame on a couple penalties that gave the Colts the game. I can't imagine taking it any further though.

(I also realize that sports media professionals are paid to stir up shit so....)

WSS

I don't see any issues. Not sure how the basketball game matters as long as he didn't leave early/was on time the next day.

Also, he didn't show up early... but he didn't show up late. I can't imagine Pettine really has any issues with those specific things.

It's cool BH cares enough to show up and start working early on game day, but it'd be cooler if he played well. Why would you expect the backup to show up early to warm up.

Apparently JF was tweeting at 3.30am Saturday night/Sunday morning?

Clearly they aren't happy with his behaviour

The basketball game and showing up at 11 am would likely be a non issue in a vacuum. Add things like tweeting at 3:30 am the night before a potential start for him and its still indicative of a huge lack of commitment and maturity. I hope he gets the nod and does well but these are the ongoing behaviors that should be of concern. Please don't say "he's just a kid still", he is expected to be a responsible adult and is making a lot of money to be one.

"The implication here seems a little bit like in Office Space when Jennifer Aniston gets criticized by her boss for wearing the bare minimum amount of flair pins. If the team did want Manziel to arrive earlier, they could tell him to be there then."

So Hoyer is the Retarded, bubbly blond-haired kid and Manziel is Jennifer Aniston in this analogy...

The basketball game and showing up at 11 am would likely be a non issue in a vacuum. Add things like tweeting at 3:30 am the night before a potential start for him and its still indicative of a huge lack of commitment and maturity. I hope he gets the nod and does well but these are the ongoing behaviors that should be of concern. Please don't say "he's just a kid still", he is expected to be a responsible adult and is making a lot of money to be one.

I agree with you, since Farmer came in they have made a big deal about changing the culture with “play like Browns” etc.

They don't trust him off the field so he isn't getting on it.

I agree with you, since Farmer came in they have made a big deal about changing the culture with play like Browns etc.

They don't trust him off the field so he isn't getting on it.

Well then thanks coach. You showed him eh?

Of course by doing so you not only punished him but all the fans and the rest of the team. Does that make you feel better? Frankly London it doesn't cheer me up...

Billy didn't clean up his room so the whole family stays home.

WSS

Well then thanks coach. You showed him eh?

Of course by doing so you not only punished him but all the fans and the rest of the team. Does that make you feel better? Frankly London it doesn't cheer me up...

Billy didn't clean up his room so the whole family stays home.

WSS

As fans we just want win today first but guess they're looking at this as a long term culture shift ?

Manziel needs to buy in quick as looks like Pettine isn't budging

As fans we just want win today first but guess they're looking at this as a long term culture shift ?

Manziel needs to buy in quick as looks like Pettine isn't budging

Let me see. BH has not scored a TD in any way in 3 games and is the worst QB in the NFL over that same period.

JF, that little cocky shit, has had 5 minutes and scored a running TD that would have been beyond Hoyer's abilities.

So tell me again who needs to buy into who? Pettine needs to wake up and smell the coffee. He has a Joe Namath/Bobby Lane on his hands and has no clue.

Archived