THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

As someone who owns a business, I can assure you that what people do outside of work DOES make a difference....

And if Im gonna pay someone a million dollars to be the top producer at MY company, then I EXPECT my employee to make the company and his career the #1 priority.....

And if my million dollar star thinks his personal agenda is more important, then he isn't what I hoped he was.....

Yeah, he's 22 and acts like it....but most 22 year olds dont have million dollar jobs.....

so, if hes just another immature 22 year old kid, then he should go back to college and party his ass off.....no problem, thats what kids do.....

BUT, if he's a professional football player and wants his millions, then he should adjust his priorities, sacrifice the mid week parties and show his new bosses that he's serious and that he respects what his bosses want and need from him.....

Right now, he is disrespecting his coaches and team by saying he wont change and their wants dont jive with his wants.....

Here ya go(dickface).....post #27......read and comprehend.....

He's immature.....and it's not even a question, but a fact.....figure it out.....

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not killing him, I would start him and hope he changes with the responsibility. But I am not the HC. The fact Pettine said he wasn't even considered this week tells you all you need to know about what they think about JM at the moment?

Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance then we need to trade Johnny while we can still get value for him. I guess we have to trust his evaluations.

I don't know much about JFF except what I have read in here, and very little anywhere else. I think he comes from a well to do/rich family. He is probably spoiled rotten and used to getting his own way. Odds are he won't change his ways if that is the case. So as long as he performs, screw it. The coach is not his father. As long as he is on time and shows up, and gives 100 percent that is all that matters. Like I said before, these guys are not high school/college players, they are pros.

Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance then we need to trade Johnny while we can still get value for him. I guess we have to trust his evaluations.

or.....work to get him in line and to start putting team first....I think we all want to see him play,but just wish he'd be a bit more focused on football

That's a cop out. I want to know what Johnny has done to negatively impact this team this year.

Can I play? How about losing vs. "the playbook"?

Well if Pettine thinks Hoyer still gives us the best chance

I'd be surprised if he does think that now, I expect JF to be to be brought into his office today and told this is your chance, buck up or you're done.

It says he's disrespecting his team by not putting them ahead of his own agenda......

What part dont you understand?

I guess my point is this. He isn't breaking any rules. He hasn't been fined for being late, or anything else that I'm aware of. If Pettine just doesn't like him because of his background or the way he smirks, or something, that is tough. The guy was hired and is doing his job. Plenty of athletes flaunt their wealth driving Bentleys, living in mansions, hanging with stars, etc.

Mudfly, I think Kevin Sumlin's greatest coaching move was realizing what he had in Manziel. He made him the starter despite the following:

1. He got arrested in the previous summer.

2. johnny was a redshirt freshman who had never played and Sumlin had an experienced guy who everyone "expected" to be the starter.

3. His team was in its first year in the SEC, and was expected to fail, making the experienced guy the safe pick.

4. Much of what Johnny can do cannot be fully seen in practice, because plays are blown dead when someone gets near the qb, precisely the time Johnny makes huge game-changing plays.

Sumlin didn't love johnny's off-field activities, but they were essentially harmless and DIDN'T BREAK TEAM RULES.

The results of Sumlin's choice are well-documented..

This.......Where did this come from? Details......I need them.

Clearly you dont understand simple english....""disrespect"".....look it up. Really, you're just boring me now.

I think he's irresponsible and unprofessional.....and you dont.

And I think if you're paid millions to do a job, you should respect your bosses guidelines....and you dont.

Lets agree to disagree and just move on....

You're all forgetting who is the boss. Who pulls the strings. Who decided to draft manziel when coach wanted to pass? Who signs Pettine's paychecks? I could see jimmy haslem ditching pettine and hiring Jim harbaugh. And straight up directing him to start Johnny.

Jeez surely we can't fire Pettine?!

Clearly you dont understand simple english....""disrespect"".....look it up. Really, you're just boring me now.

And I think if you're paid millions to do a job, you should respect your bosses guidelines....and you dont.

No I'm not moving on till you admit you're wrong or give me facts. I don't post a lot but When I "think" I'm right i'm not just gonna move on.

Listen ....I want him to play too.....

and I think Hoyer looks like shit.....

and I think Pettine should start JFF....OKAY!!???!!!

But, I can also think he's an immature spoiled punk who doesn't act like a pro......

And I can WISH he was more of a Brady or Manning type of professional, than a party happy TMZ baby....

Really....given the choice, who wouldnt want him to be more mature?

So, it's possible to want a guy on my team, while wishing he'd grow up and show himself to be more than a "talent", but a true professional.....

No I'm not moving on till you admit you're wrong or give me facts. I don't post a lot but When I "think" I'm right i'm not just gonna move on.

nobody but you cares if you're right....

I stand by what I said....Ive explained it to you 7 times now.....not much more I can do to help you to comprehend a simple sentence.

Clearly you have no facts to back up your assumptions. What did he do wrong? And I clearly understand basic english since you are reading this right now.

Pettines doing a great job. Just stop.

Our team came ready to play, in all facets except the offense...

He's made some mistakes with clock management, and you can debate about his handling of the QB situation. But for a rookie HC he's done really well.

Our team is built to contend in the AFCN for many years to come.

I don't entirely mind pettine not pulling hoyer, but I think we win with manziel in the 2nd half. Also, shame on shanahan for that dog shit play calling and game plan.

I think we can beat Cincinnati with hoyer, I would predict we do win actually. I still think we should make the move to johnny though. Hoyers footwork and pocket presence was shameful yesterday - if it was a tough call last week, should be an easy call this week.

As I've said many times on this board, Johnny is the same on and off the field. Fearless. Don't try to change him, just put saddle on him and ride him. He is a baller, and he's getting bored watching a guy who is a tenth the talent of him getting starts and, even worse, getting the support of other players and coaches.

If they're so stupid as to WANT Hoyer, why should Johnny do anything more than what he has to do.

And again, Pettine's mad he went to a Cavs game??? Really?

Mad about going to the game? Doubtful.

Mad that went to game when his job performance showed he needed to spend the time studying? Possible?

QB evaluations are on-going, all week long on the practice field and in the film room. How's JM doing there? I'm asking because I have no idea. Do you?

We can only infer that our HC, who has consistently in word and deed emphasized that you win playing time during the week, is not impressed with JM's weekday performance.

Before I address this tidbit, would you confirm that it reads as you intended it to?

"If they're so stupid as to WANT Hoyer, why should Johnny do anything more than what he has to do."

Because as I read it you are more than OK with JM setting the terms and doing the minimum.

As for your oft repeated don't change him bit, I will again reply that I agree, and that in part is why I did not want to draft him. But this time I will add that relationships often start with one or both parties thinking the other will change.. and those relationships often do not end well.

I think he needs to quit the tweeting or change his name so no one outside of his friends knows who he is.

Ah... so the solution is to hide the behavior... Got it.

So as a business owner, you would choose to lose money by promoting the guy who works hard but sucks at his job, as opposed to the wild man who could land you the biggest accounts you've ever had? Sound business strategy.

Sound strawman based upon too many episodes of Madmen.

What do you want Shanahan to call when his qb can't hit a wide open receiver and the other team has sold out on the run, because our qb can't hit a wide open receiver? End arounds? Tried it. Trickery? Tried it. Flea flickers? Why not the halfback throwing can't be any worse than hoyer.

Hide seems to be the only way to keep the publicity off of him. Look at all the news again popping up about him now that the media realizes its only a matter of time before he starts. I doubt he can take a piss without tmz reporting on it. 'JFF was seen taking a piss at 0230 on a Tuesday' Obviously, he is not taking his job seriously.

I think a lot of people are blaming Hoyer for issues that aren't his fault

I think it must suck for Hoyer having fans call for the unproven rookie as soon as he throws an interception

I think NFL defenses will figure out Johnny after a game or two of film on him

That being said, I say we start Johnny. We're out of the playoffs and we might as well see what he can do.

Still a slim chance that we could get in, but very slim. So if Manziel is the future, then you may as well start him for the last 3 games to see what he can do, and hopefully provide a spark going into next year.

Archived