THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, Cameron said it was his fault on the Hoyer Int. in the end-zone.

Really? I didn't see him throw off his back foot (I'd like to see the replay because it actually appeared his feet were almost parallel to the LOS and he threw off his back heels) into double coverage when there was no real pressure. How could he possibly blame himself for Hoyer's supreme FU of the day (even worse than the two wide open TD overthrows)?

The basketball game and showing up at 11 am would likely be a non issue in a vacuum. Add things like tweeting at 3:30 am the night before a potential start for him and its still indicative of a huge lack of commitment and maturity. I hope he gets the nod and does well but these are the ongoing behaviors that should be of concern. Please don't say "he's just a kid still", he is expected to be a responsible adult and is making a lot of money to be one.

potential start? Absolutely had no shot at starting Sunday. Hey I got an idea...if the kid can fucking play who gives a shit what he does on his time. Ya'll need to get your head out of Johnny's ass and let the kid live his life.

As fans we just want win today first but guess they're looking at this as a long term culture shift ?

Manziel needs to buy in quick as looks like Pettine isn't budging

Well Pettine can go fuck himself then. "Brian Hoyer gives this team the best chance to win". Well coach after watching this season I would say you are borderline Retarded.

Gilbert and West have both been benched this year for off the field stuff. Why is Jonny any different?

I want him to play I'm excited to see him play but he's not buying in to what they're trying to create. And personally I don't think Josh is either.

Boy, all this stuff is getting old and we're not even through one full season.

It's just so disappointing. The scenario of Hoyer just absolutely shitting the bed and rolling around in it was one I thought not possible. That's why I'm pissed. Hell atleast Weeden made me laugh when he sucked. Hoyer makes me want to punch him in the mouth. He needs to quit running his mouth to the media too!

As someone who owns a business, I can assure you that what people do outside of work DOES make a difference....

And if Im gonna pay someone a million dollars to be the top producer at MY company, then I EXPECT my employee to make the company and his career the #1 priority.....

And if my million dollar star thinks his personal agenda is more important, then he isn't what I hoped he was.....

Yeah, he's 22 and acts like it....but most 22 year olds dont have million dollar jobs.....

so, if hes just another immature 22 year old kid, then he should go back to college and party his ass off.....no problem, thats what kids do.....

BUT, if he's a professional football player and wants his millions, then he should adjust his priorities, sacrifice the mid week parties and show his new bosses that he's serious and that he respects what his bosses want and need from him.....

Right now, he is disrespecting his coaches and team by saying he wont change and their wants dont jive with his wants.....

As someone who owns a business, I can assure you that what people do outside of work DOES make a difference....

And if Im gonna pay someone a million dollars to be the top producer at MY company, then I EXPECT my employee to make the company and his career the #1 priority.....

And if my million dollar star thinks his personal agenda is more important, then he isn't what I hoped he was.....

Yeah, he's 22 and acts like it....but most 22 year olds dont have million dollar jobs.....

so, if hes just another immature 22 year old kid, then he should go back to college and party his ass off.....no problem, thats what kids do.....

BUT, if he's a professional football player and wants his millions, then he should adjust his priorities, sacrifice the mid week parties and show his new bosses that he's serious and that he respects what his bosses want and need from him.....

Right now, he is disrespecting his coaches and team by saying he wont change and their wants dont jive with his wants.....

Please explain to me what JFF has done to negatively impact the team? I'll wait.

I love that Johnny shows to support the cavs. Kid's got balls. Have that same attitude on the field and we'll be ok.

Exactly. As I've said many times on this board, Johnny is the same on and off the field. Fearless. Don't try to change him, just put saddle on him and ride him. He is a baller, and he's getting bored watching a guy who is a tenth the talent of him getting starts and, even worse, getting the support of other players and coaches.

If they're so stupid as to WANT Hoyer, why should Johnny do anything more than what he has to do.

And again, Pettine's mad he went to a Cavs game??? Really?

Going to a basketball game is hardly disrespecting anyone. I think he needs to quit the tweeting or change his name so no one outside of his friends knows who he is.

So as a business owner, you would choose to lose money by promoting the guy who works hard but sucks at his job, as opposed to the wild man who could land you the biggest accounts you've ever had? Sound business strategy.

If he broke any team rules, of any kind by "not showing up as early as Brian" to a game (Brian could've used the extra sleepy time) or "going out to a sporting event on his own time" or "using social media too late in the evening" then yes, bench him, fine him, whatever.

However, if he didn't break any team rules of any kind (my guess), then Pettine needs to build a bridge and get over it. "IF" Pett kept Johnny on the bench for any of the above issues (unless he broke some team rule, written in black and white) then he is a shitty head coach and will never succeed.

I agree that what he does on his own time matters, but not if it's legal and doesn't affect his performance or body of work.

Showing up to the stadium after hoyer isn't a big deal IMO. Sure you dont wanna see him up late on game day, but idk the truth to that or the circumstances.

Anyway, if pettine gives him the keys then I would expect some of his habits to change a little bit.

It's just a matter of perspective...... If your boss doesn't trust you, then there is a problem.....

And if you dont respond to your bosses concerns, then there is a BIG problem....

Different generation maybe, but responsibility & maturity still have the same definitions as they did yesteryear.....

It's just a matter of perspective...... If your boss doesn't trust you, then there is a problem.....

And if you dont respond to your bosses concerns, then there is a BIG problem....

Different generation maybe, but responsibility & maturity still have the same definitions as they did yesteryear.....

That's a cop out. I want to know what Johnny has done to negatively impact this team this year.

Boy, all this stuff is getting old and we're not even through one full season.

Just another ring in the circus, D...

It's Pettine's team... period.

If the expectations have been clearly delineated and JM is choosing to fall short of any of them, then Pettine is perfectly within his rights to get JM to fall into line. Even if that meant putting a bit player on the PS and activating Shaw, then he should do it.

Now what are reasonable expectations? Different question...

Setting a time to show up on Game Day based upon team need, and not another player's routine, is reasonable.

Requiring a player to sleep the night before a game may not be reasonable. Players get keyed up and can't sleep. It happens. It's different from fighting to stay awake so they can "tweet".

Questioning a mid-week, evening at a Cav's home game? Not reasonable... unless the job performance is very, very bad.

JF, that little cocky shit, has had 5 minutes and scored a running TD that would have been beyond Hoyer's abilities.

So tell me again who needs to buy into who? Pettine needs to wake up and smell the coffee. He has a Joe Namath/Bobby Lane on his hands and has no clue.

Wow... you are really feeling your oats now... aren't you?

Pettine needs to buy into JM's lifestyle? Really? Have you ever supervised anyone in your life? Were you in the Corps?

Didn't Sumlin sit JM for a bit after reaming him out for drawing a taunting penalty?

Really? I didn't see him throw off his back foot (I'd like to see the replay because it actually appeared his feet were almost parallel to the LOS and he threw off his back heels) into double coverage when there was no real pressure. How could he possibly blame himself for Hoyer's supreme FU of the day (even worse than the two wide open TD overthrows)?

The footwork was dismal. The throw likely inaccurate to some degree as a result.

Does not change the fact that if Cam did not undercut the DBs as designed, he shares in the blame for the INT.

As a boss, if you're punishing an employee for no reason other than you don't like what he does when he's NOT at work, and you promote someone else that's not as good, you risk losing that employee.

That's a cop out. I want to know what Johnny has done to negatively impact this team this year.

No, it's not a cop out. It's how the world works. I can tell you've never had a job with professional requirements.

And I didn't say he's negatively impacted the team, though I certainly believe he's at least been a distraction.

I simply understand where the coach is coming from and you dont.......Thats all.

By not doing what the FO and HC require of him off the field, he is costing us on the field because they won't put him in until he bucks up. There you go.

No, it's not a cop out. It's how the world works. I can tell you've never had a job with professional requirements.

And I didn't say he's negatively impacted the team, though I certainly believe he's at least been a distraction.

I simply understand where the coach is coming from and you dont.......Thats all.

Post #27 dickface. You don't know shit about me but I appreciate your attempt at a personal attack because you're fucking wrong loser.

Just another ring in the circus, D...

It's Pettine's team... period.

If the expectations have been clearly delineated and JM is choosing to fall short of any of them, then Pettine is perfectly within his rights to get JM to fall into line. Even if that meant putting a bit player on the PS and activating Shaw, then he should do it.

Now what are reasonable expectations? Different question...

Setting a time to show up on Game Day based upon team need, and not another player's routine, is reasonable.

Requiring a player to sleep the night before a game may not be reasonable. Players get keyed up and can't sleep. It happens. It's different from fighting to stay awake so they can "tweet".

Questioning a mid-week, evening at a Cav's home game? Not reasonable... unless the job performance is very, very bad.

Wow... you are really feeling your oats now... aren't you?

Pettine needs to buy into JM's lifestyle? Really? Have you ever supervised anyone in your life? Were you in the Corps?

Didn't Sumlin sit JM for a bit after reaming him out for drawing a taunting penalty?

The footwork was dismal. The throw likely inaccurate to some degree as a result.

Does not change the fact that if Cam did not undercut the DBs as designed, he shares in the blame for the INT.

Wrong. It's Haslem's team and haslem is the boss. I think we all know jimmy haslem isn't afraid to break the rules.

Ok..........What are his requirements? What rules did he break? You guys don't know any facts, and you're killing the kid for it.

I am not killing him, I would start him and hope he changes with the responsibility. But I am not the HC. The fact Pettine said he wasn't even considered this week tells you all you need to know about what they think about JM at the moment?

Archived