THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I think a lot of people are blaming Hoyer for issues that aren't his fault

I think it must suck for Hoyer having fans call for the unproven rookie as soon as he throws an interception

I think NFL defenses will figure out Johnny after a game or two of film on him

That being said, I say we start Johnny. We're out of the playoffs and we might as well see what he can do.

It wasn't his fault that he missed wide open receivers by 10 yards or more, that would have been touchdowns? The interceptions?

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hide seems to be the only way to keep the publicity off of him. Look at all the news again popping up about him now that the media realizes its only a matter of time before he starts. I doubt he can take a piss without tmz reporting on it. 'JFF was seen taking a piss at 0230 on a Tuesday' Obviously, he is not taking his job seriously.

Holy shit! His urine is too dark. He needs to start drinking more water. He is disrespecting his coaches by not drinking atleast 8 full glasses a day.

Said it this morning, If Hoyer is the starter I'm not going to the game (we have season tix) and ill stay home.

If Hoyer is starting, that says bad things.

1. Johnny isn't as good as Brian fucking Hoyer. You gotta be kidding, if our 22nd pick is still looking more terrible than a dude whose thrown 10 picks and no Tds in four games. That is bad. I don't want to watch if Brian Hoyer is the best the Browns have, because he is not enough to win.

2. I also would lose a lot of confidence in Pet. How can you not see the offense needs a change?

Clearly you have no facts to back up your assumptions. What did he do wrong? And I clearly understand basic english since you are reading this right now.

The only facts I need is that he clearly....and publicly....said he will not change for anything...not his teammates....not his coaches....not the team....and to me that is, by definition, disrespect for his role here

Thats enough for me.

I hope he plays well.....I really do.....just wish we had a Brady, Manning, Kosar, Aikman, Rodgers type of pro, instead of a TMZ spoiled drunk party kid type of pro.....

If you cant get your head around that, then I can not explain it further......sorry

The only facts I need is that he clearly....and publicly....said he will not change for anything...not his teammates....not his coaches....not the team....and to me that is, by definition, disrespect for his role here

Thats enough for me.

I hope he plays well.....I really do.....just wish we had a Brady, Manning, Kosar, Aikman, Rodgers type of pro, instead of a TMZ spoiled drunk party kid type of pro.....

If you cant get your head around that, then I can not explain it further......sorry

Can you post a link?

Obviously how he is living his life is not working out for him.

Tour,

" Before I address this tidbit, would you confirm that it reads as you intended it to? "If they're so stupid as to WANT Hoyer, why should Johnny do anything more than what he has to do." Because as I read it you are more than OK with JM setting the terms and doing the minimum."

I'm saying that it is plausible for Johnny to be pissed and upset that the "veterans" and "coaches" want Hoyer to start despite the fact that Johnny was more productive in one series than Hoyer has been in weeks.

If the decision to then start Hoyer caused Johnny to only show up on time to work, and not 5 hours early, who could blame him?

Thats enough for me.

Psst you mentioned Bernie Kosar among your list of teetotaler choirboys... Just saying.

;)

Hide seems to be the only way to keep the publicity off of him. Look at all the news again popping up about him now that the media realizes its only a matter of time before he starts. I doubt he can take a piss without tmz reporting on it. 'JFF was seen taking a piss at 0230 on a Tuesday' Obviously, he is not taking his job seriously.

He has been pretty quiet news wise since pre season started save for the incident last week in his hotel, at 2:30am :-P

I don't see the cavs game as a big deal, but given the coaches were meeting to make a decision about him starting the next day maybe they wanted to see him keeping quiet and working on football stuff.

Maybe staying late for extra film, asking questions - showing up early for practice tomorrow and busting ass will sway pettine to start him this week.

See him act like he's hungry for his NFL starting debut.

He has been pretty quiet news wise since pre season started save for the incident last week in his hotel, at 2:30am :-P

I don't see the cavs game as a big deal, but given the coaches were meeting to make a decision about him starting the next day maybe they wanted to see him keeping quiet and working on football stuff.

Maybe staying late for extra film, asking questions - showing up early for practice tomorrow and busting ass will sway pettine to start him this week.

See him act like he's hungry for his NFL starting debut.

Well apparently that worked for Brian Hoyer. For the team and the fans? Not so much.

WSS

I too am interested to hear when this was said.

It was said in camp....a looooooooooooong time ago......and discussed in depth here and in the media.....

You guys can go on and on and on making excuses for johnny. but no matter what, he doesnt act like MOST top flight pros....

Thats all Im saying....immature.....so, keep arguing....but he's immature.....immature.....immature....(look it up)...

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/06/27/nfl-johnny-manziel-partying-swan-joe-montana-warren-moon-mike-pettine-cleveland-browns/

“I’m not going to change who I am for anybody. I’m growing up and continuing to learn from my mistakes and trying not to make the same ones over and over again, but am I going to live in a shell or am I just going to hide from everybody and not do anything?

“I’m very committed to football. I’m committed to my job, but on the weekends, I’m going to enjoy my time off. We deserve it. We work hard here. I am going to enjoy my time off. I’m very about football and very about my job, which doesn’t get reported or won’t get reported, but I am going to enjoy my time off.

“That’s I think what everybody else does and that’s what I should do.”

He had more to say later.

“I’m going out. Everybody goes out on the weekends and enjoys their life and lives their life. And just for them, they don’t have people that when they walk into a place pull out their phones and all they want to do is follow me around and record everything. My situation is unique and different and now more than ever I’ve seen that it’s an every weekend thing wherever I’m at — whether it’s in Cleveland on a weekend, or in Dallas or anywhere on a weekend, people want to record what I’m doing because they think it’s a story.

“Everybody goes out and has fun. Everybody goes out and does that and I’m not doing anything that’s putting myself in a harmful situation.”

Wow Johnny is a real piece of shit. You got me Mudfly.

It wasn't his fault that he missed wide open receivers by 10 yards or more, that would have been touchdowns? The interceptions?

The last desperation interception was meh, pretty much a prayer. The first one in the end zone pissed me off, even if he expected cam to come back.

I think a lot of people are blaming Hoyer for issues that aren't his fault

I think it must suck for Hoyer having fans call for the unproven rookie as soon as he throws an interception

I think NFL defenses will figure out Johnny after a game or two of film on him

That being said, I say we start Johnny. We're out of the playoffs and we might as well see what he can do.

It wasn't a single interception. The last few game have had Hoyer playing awful. Sunday's game was just the most glaring one.

As of right now they know exactly what they are getting with Hoyer. Manziel needs an evaluation.

I was more convinced JM gets the nod last nite than I am today.

While I would still make the change based upon the game, if there is a battle of will going on between Pettine and JM behind the scenes, as some of JM's most ardent supporters have mentioned in posts over the past dozen hours, then Pettine may stand firm...

... and JM may yet sit again.

I was more convinced JM gets the nod last nite than I am today.

While I would still make the change based upon the game, if there is a battle of will going on between Pettine and JM behind the scenes, as some of JM's most ardent supporters have mentioned in posts over the past dozen hours, then Pettine may stand firm...

... and JM may yet sit again.

I hope Pettine doesn't sacrifice potential wins to prove a point to a dumb kid.

Mudfly, I think he said the obvious. On his own time, he should be free to do what he wants. I think most players would say the same thing. If a coach asked him for more time, he wouldn't cosider that his time anymore. To suggest he would ignore his coaches and teammates just to go party is quite a leap, and gpes against what I've been hearing.

" Im not going to change who I am for anybody. Im growing up and continuing to learn from my mistakes and trying not to make the same ones over and over again, but am I going to live in a shell or am I just going to hide from everybody and not do anything?

Im very committed to football. Im committed to my job, but on the weekends, Im going to enjoy my time off. We deserve it. We work hard here. I am going to enjoy my time off. Im very about football and very about my job, which doesnt get reported or wont get reported, but I am going to enjoy my time off.

Thats I think what everybody else does and thats what I should do.

He had more to say later.

Im going out. Everybody goes out on the weekends and enjoys their life and lives their life. And just for them, they dont have people that when they walk into a place pull out their phones and all they want to do is follow me around and record everything. My situation is unique and different and now more than ever Ive seen that its an every weekend thing wherever Im at whether its in Cleveland on a weekend, or in Dallas or anywhere on a weekend, people want to record what Im doing because they think its a story.

Everybody goes out and has fun. Everybody goes out and does that and Im not doing anything thats putting myself in a harmful situation.

whatever....you all are right.....he's a pro's pro....top notch....totally mature....first to arrive, last to leave.....all that....

And....again.....Im simply saying he's immature....nothing more, nothing less.....yet you keep arguing with me, as if Im saying he shouldnt play, or he sucks, or something else.....

So....is your argument that acts maturely?.....

Ok..........What are his requirements? What rules did he break? You guys don't know any facts, and you're killing the kid for it.

As opposed to you not having a facts yet backing JM?

Wrong. It's Haslem's team and haslem is the boss. I think we all know jimmy haslem isn't afraid to break the rules.

I'd be less surprised to see pettine out in the cold than johnny.

You're all forgetting who is the boss. Who pulls the strings. Who decided to draft manziel when coach wanted to pass? Who signs Pettine's paychecks? I could see jimmy haslem ditching pettine and hiring Jim harbaugh. And straight up directing him to start Johnny.

Jimmy's not stupid. He was burned last year chasing the bright, shiny HC candidate. He is not going there again anytime soon. Especially not Jim Harbaugh, whose shine has faded recently in case you had not noticed.

Haslam hired Farmer to select the personnel, Pettine to run the team and Scheiner to run the business. He's a CEO/ Owner who shows every sign of being a great, organization manager. The greats select capable people, empower them to do their jobs and hold them accountable to agreed, measurable metrics. They do not "micromanage".

You're thinking of Jerry Jones.

I don't know much about JFF except what I have read in here, and very little anywhere else. I think he comes from a well to do/rich family. He is probably spoiled rotten and used to getting his own way. Odds are he won't change his ways if that is the case. So as long as he performs, screw it. The coach is not his father. As long as he is on time and shows up, and gives 100 percent that is all that matters. Like I said before, these guys are not high school/college players, they are pros.

Good, thoughtful post, DH... disagree with much of it (shocker), but doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

Basically you're OK with JM doing as he likes, so long as he wins games? How many games will you tolerate losing per season due to game prep not up to NFL standards?

Game prep may well be at the core of Pettine's now clear reluctance to even consider starting JM. It's also at the core of being a pro...

Football is JM's job now... not a student activity.

As opposed to you not having a facts yet backing JM?

I'm not the prosecutor here Tour...

whatever....you all are right.....he's a pro's pro....top notch....totally mature....first to arrive, last to leave.....all that....

And....again.....Im simply saying he's immature....nothing more, nothing less.....yet you keep arguing with me, as if Im saying he shouldnt play, or he sucks, or something else.....

So....is your argument that acts maturely?.....

Are you serious? I told you, you win. Johnny is a bad guy that only cares about himself.

Good, thoughtful post, DH... disagree with much of it (shocker), but doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

Basically you're OK with JM doing as he likes, so long as he wins games? How many games will you tolerate losing per season due to game prep not up to NFL standards?

Game prep may well be at the core of Pettine's now clear reluctance to even consider starting JM. It's also at the core of being a pro...

Nobody is really suggesting that he's neglected game prep have they? Maybe he should be in Berea at 2 a.m. With the coaching staff? And since that's your biggest gripe apparently game prep aint everything since Brian Hoyer has kind of set the high-water mark for that, right?

WSS

Has any coach come out and publicly said JFF is not studying enough. Maybe Shanny's offense is really hard to learn? Or maybe we have some bitter geriatrics that don't like the way he "acts". He's not old school enough I guess. This board has to have the record for the amount of insiders that know the ins and outs of the team and staff.

When has Haden been benched for going to Cavs games?

When has Haden gone?

No I'm not moving on till you admit you're wrong or give me facts. I don't post a lot but When I "think" I'm right i'm not just gonna move on.

Again... the loss in Manziel v Playbook?

Uninformed folks like us may well infer job dedication from piss sightings in the wee hours, but that's just TMZ-grade gossip (yes, I am looking into the TMZ biz).

The true, and only just, context for all extracurriculars is job performance. And that's more than just the Sunday 12-3 CDT we see, it's the T-F, 9-5 EDT (?) we don't see.

Archived