THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

only ten? SD, Den, KC, Pit, Bal, Cin, Ind, NE, Mia, Dal,, Atl, NO, Car, GB, Det, Sea are set.

4 out of those sixteen teams prob have another 3 years left with their guys so unless they're happy with their backups they'll be looking in the near future. i also believe that miami and carolina might be unsure at this point whether or not they've got the right guys. and as 149 said above you've got to be kidding about buf, wash and tb.

and a lot of the qbs from your top 16 are perennial whiffs. as soon as they see the playoffs they disappear.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do the math, there is only about 1 good QB per year that actually makes it(as a solid, long term starter).....

so, 32 teams would take 32 years to man with good QB's.....

meaning only about 1/2 the teams get one at any given time.....

and then you have to be THE ONE team that recogonizes him AND has the pick to get him.....

and sometimes it's hard to tell WHICH one HE may be......

So, we want to "get" a QB, but it's not like there's a QB store to go shopping.....

he has to be there.....then you have to realize it.....then you have to have the pick .....

....these things rarely line up(unless you're Indy).....so you take whats available and hope....

Depends on how long it takes the FO to realize that JH really screwed them and its time to move on..If they keep throwing him out there just because, then yes it will be the EOW.

Exactly. Recognize it quickly and move on, it stings, but try to keep pounding that short, square peg into that star shaped hole, and it will be devastating.

I would disagree on Buf, Wash, TB being set at QB. All 3 are in need of an upgrade at the very least

Im not saying theyre set long term, but the QBs there deserve or will get another year. TB may make a huge QB splash in the draft, but McCown may start over the rookie anyways.

Manziel only cost the Browns Trent Richardson. Compare this to what Washington had to give up to get RG3. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Monetarily the Browns made out pretty good on that #3 pick. They sold a crap ton of Richardson jerseys, then flipped him for Manziel, and I cant imagine what theyve made off royalties from him.

Yes... Johnny was the fourth and final Horseman, Death.

The first, Conquest, was Couch.

The second, War, was Quinn.

The third, Famine, Wheezy.

The set is now complete. If Johnny fails, then comes the rapture...

300px-Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg

Just a lot of inexperience in our O-line depth.

Nick McDonald was a OG/OT in college and got work at Center with NE. He was only pressed into service after our Vet back-up, Paul McQuistan, SDHL* at RG vs. JAX that saw Greco at Center. Nick was developing before his ankle injury.

Ryan was next up, so we're now 4-deep at Center. And now Ryan is improving.

Besides experience the glaring thing that none of our fill-ins, save Greco, have shown is the strength to play the position.

* Shit Down His Leg

only ten? SD, Den, KC, Pit, Bal, Cin, Ind, NE, Mia, Dal,, Atl, NO, Car, GB, Det, Sea are set. Teams that probably wont make a big move and may be set are Oak, Jax, Buf, NYG, Was, Phi, TB, Min, SF, Ari. Some of those teams may make moves but I believe their QBs still have value. Teams in trouble are Cle, Hou, Ten, NYJ, Chi, Stl.

Living here in Tampa, I know they're going Winston or Mariota. Lovie Smith does not like Glennon and McCown was a bust.

Manziel only cost the Browns Trent Richardson. Compare this to what Washington had to give up to get RG3. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You said it. All we gave up is Trent Richardson. So no way is this the end of the world as we know it. I disagreed with the pick but he's only played ONE game with a broken down O line. No one could expect miracles.

Living here in Tampa, I know they're going Winston or Mariota. Lovie Smith does not like Glennon and McCown was a bust.

I would at least look at Glennon if they decide cut him loose.....he looked fair for being on a pretty bad team.....

And I would look at McCown... The 2013 Josh would do us just fine and technically it would not add another name to the jersey.

But if set free, should Trestman survive in CHI, then he goes back there.

Just can't warm up to a Disney Ichabod Crane look-alike...

I agree, not the end of the world. They should be able to tell something in these next 2 games. His athletic ability is solid, it's the recognition of what's going on past the line that he needs to get much better at.

He won't learn that in the NFL, he'll just get his ass kicked over and over. He should give the CFL a shot. He'd probably be awesome up there. He could be the next Anthony Calvillo.

Other than him being a polarizing figure, 1st rd. picks miss all the time. See what he's got. If he sucks, move on.

I hope he ends up being the superstar his groupies on here think he is. If he sucks and we are actually convinced he has no long term potential hopefully in one of these last two games or an early pre season game he lights it up enough to trade.

How about these fuck-ups:

Troy Aikman shut out 28 - 0 at New Orleans

Bob Griese shut out 24-0 at home against Miami.

I watched him for 2 years in the SEC and I was glad when he opted for the draft.

I'm here on this board because I couldn't stand to watch Hoyer mess up anymore. I said it before and I'll say it again, y'all have short memories about the struggles the Browns have had all year. How in Heaven's could we get our asses wiped by Jacksonville and struggle to beat the Titans.

Hoyer has not been right since he broke his leg against Buffalo in 2013. This ain't about Johnny, it's about how we suck in all phases of the game - again.

Does EdwardEJW stand for Edward Eats Johnny's Wiener??

Archived