THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He collects trademarks and cares about living his life his way.

Dammit man! He's a rebel with a paycheck. A cowboy. A gunslinger. He's Johnny Fecking Football!

Last week he was more Johnny Fucking a Football. "Live life his way" , translation -" I Believe I can be a superstar without growing up and showing some responsibile behavior when necessary to do my job ". Let's hope he learned that isn't true last Sunday

Fixed.

Thanks... for a moment I thought the sun might set in the east tonite.

Edited my post...

But last week wasn't a team loss?

Which last week? This last week, AKA the CIN game, or last last week, AKA the IND game.

Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood

Thanks... for a moment I thought the sun might set in the east tonite.

Edited my post...

Which last week? This last week, AKA the CIN game, or last last week, AKA the IND game.

Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood

If this week's game is Carolina, last week's game must have been Cincy.

still got that six pack....

must be tough for all you touters of "we shoulda picked" see all those suckas do squadoosh and all those lovers of these "great QB class" to look entirely HS varsity squad.

keep on picking them and we'll keep on turning on you.

thank god we have farmer and not some disjointed african american studies major telling us how the team should be built.

oh, and where is playgroundlegend?

must be tough for all you touters of "we shoulda picked" see all those suckas do squadoosh and all those lovers of these "great QB class" to look entirely HS varsity squad.

thank god we have farmer and not some disjointed african american studies major telling us how the team should be built.

I'll put a 6 pack on QBR < 75 :-P

But then I have a reason to root against him, so better not.

PGL is on the other board where they're comparing manziels struggle to Jordan and Lebrons struggles their first game after their respective "returns"

to Jordan and Lebrons struggles their first game after their respective "returns"

after their returns?

I remember Lebron dumping 20 something in his first game ever as a pro....straight outta high school....

and I also remember how mature he was and how hard he worked at his craft. He looked like a guy who wanted to be the best. Lebron and Jordan = extreme work ethic, driven, focused and supremely gifted physically. Johnny, not really any of those things. Scrappy maybe.

It's wrong to even compare JM to those 2. In any way

after their returns?

I remember Lebron dumping 20 something in his first game ever as a pro....straight outta high school....

and I also remember how mature he was and how hard he worked at his craft. He looked like a guy who wanted to be the best. Lebron and Jordan = extreme work ethic, driven, focused and supremely gifted physically. Johnny, not really any of those things. Scrappy maybe.

It's wrong to even compare JM to those 2. In any way

Yes don't think too much about it lol. It was in reference to Jordan and lebron struggling in their over hyped Returns (to the bulls in 95? And this year to Cleveland)

My thoughts are mudded to say the least on Johnny, we'll see

Dogpound is earning it's reputation this week. Dogpiling on a rookie for his first game. How proud you all must be. Bernie was right. Just trade him off somewhere and bring in another to trash out.

Don't be mad at us. Your douche bag alma mater has been running their cock suckers (mouths) all season about how our winning qb blows and johnny boy would have won every game.

So far you have the crow served cold. You guys raised the expectations so high and he couldn't have shit the bed more.

Dogpound is earning it's reputation this week. Dogpiling on a rookie for his first game. How proud you all must be. Bernie was right. Just trade him off somewhere and bring in another to trash out.

Sorry we hurt his feelings. We ain't quit on him we support the guy, but what do you expect after a historically bad rookie debut? All hugs and kisses? Dudes got 2 more games to prove he'll be worth betting on next year - if not he's likely to go into camp as the backup, again.

Johnny-Manziel-of-the-Texas-AM-Aggies._e

Dogpound is earning it's reputation this week. Dogpiling on a rookie for his first game. How proud you all must be. Bernie was right.

We're proud of our good players.

Us terrible fans have more of those hated players in the pro bowl than any other team. Love how we pile on and hate our players so much. Sorry, bub......it's just your boy....er man love thats blinding you......

nice link here to show how we are piling on.....

http://factoryofsadness.co/2014/12/11/six-cleveland-browns-lead-nfl-pro-bowl-fan-voting/

Sorry we hurt his feelings. We ain't quit on him we support the guy, but what do you expect after a historically bad rookie debut? All hugs and kisses? Dudes got 2 more games to prove he'll be worth betting on next year - if not he's likely to go into camp as the backup, again.Johnny-Manziel-of-the-Texas-AM-Aggies._e

You and a few others keep repeating this, but there is no evidence that is realistic. 1st round qbs don't get just 3 games- never have. A lot of people in here are going to be a lot of pissed off I suspect when the three qbs on the roster going into opening day next year are JF, shaw, and some 1 million dollar journeyman signed in fa(think a poor mans Jason Campbell type). That's simply the way things work.

You and a few others keep repeating this, but there is no evidence that is realistic. 1st round qbs don't get just 3 games- never have.

unless they show they have no idea, no nfl accumen, no glimpse of even looking like they belong on the same field as other NFL players.

hell, mcoy looked better coming in against a pittsburgh team as a rookie wanting to kill him.

and look where he's at.

and ag1969...sorry man. you're stand up but unless this kid shows us SOMETHING in the next 2 games you're welcome to have him in any TX team (even the broncos you had mentioned before).

You and a few others keep repeating this, but there is no evidence that is realistic. 1st round qbs don't get just 3 games- never have. A lot of people in here are going to be a lot of pissed off I suspect when the three qbs on the roster going into opening day next year are JF, shaw, and some 1 million dollar journeyman signed in fa(think a poor mans Jason Campbell type). That's simply the way things work.

I didn't say he'd only get 3 games to prove himself - he's only 22. But why would sucking monster cock for 3 games guarantee him anything for 2015? Because he's Johnny Manziel? Because he was a first round pick?

Obviously if he doesn't suck these last 2 it's a different story, but if I was the worst person at my job would they promote me?

Are you a brick wall by chance? Because that's what it feels like I'm talking to.

Our current sample size from pre season to last Sunday is a shitty QB. That's what we've seen, that's what the evaluations are going to be.

post-28747-0-90782900-1418870551_thumb.jpegComparison Shmarison,

All I know is this

THERE WAS NOT ONE THING I SAW FROM JF THAT EVEN REMOTELY LOOKED LIKE AN NFL QUARTERBACK!!

Even all the other rookies like Carr, Bongwater, etc etc at least look like a NFL QUARTERBACK.

JF looked completely outclassed. I hope and pray it was a fluke, but I dont think it is.

The secret is, no one wants to play hard for that jackwad, plain and simple.

A nod for using "Bongwater!" hahahahahahahahah

I wonder what Ryan Lief's first start looked like? Channeling Google ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha, kiss my ass, he won his first two starts, but went on to fail in the NFL and in life...................

Johnny Manziel is not a NFL quarterback.

He'll have the next 18 starts of Cleveland to prove that analysis incorrect.

But: The early returns are not good.

I know: He studies hard now. He is the first in and last out. He has the locker room support.

He may be good enough for Texas A&M, but he's not good enough for the NFL.

I didn't say he'd only get 3 games to prove himself - he's only 22. But why would sucking monster cock for 3 games guarantee him anything for 2015? Because he's Johnny Manziel? Because he was a first round pick?

Obviously if he doesn't suck these last 2 it's a different story, but if I was the worst person at my job would they promote me?

Are you a brick wall by chance? Because that's what it feels like I'm talking to.

Our current sample size from pre season to last Sunday is a shitty QB. That's what we've seen, that's what the evaluations are going to be.

He's guaranteed something for 2015 because he is their first round pick at qb. Plenty of first round picks at qb suck for a few starts and in almost all cases they get many more- because they are first round qb picks. And yes the evaluation based on the data so far is that he played bad- but given that he's a first round qb pick the evaluation is still in the incredibly early stages.

This board doesn't want to hear this - but first 22 yo 1st round qbs are treated differently in these situations than undrafted fas, or older qbs, or journeyman qbs

I mean Jesus.....in the history of first round qbs over the last two decades the evidence is clear that almost all, no matter how much they suck, get a decent amount of starts. JF, as all the ant JF posters, are so quick to point out, isn't special....and he likely isn't special in that regard either.

Brady Quinn is pretty much the only guy I can think of who really never got a consistent stretch, but even he got 4-5x as long eventually as some of you are acting like manziel will get. And for every 1 Quinn there are 30 Patrick Ramsey's(basically sucked as bad as JF did in 1 game for 0over 20 games)

And the most ridiculous angle to this is the hoyer angle - hoyer isn't going to be here next year. Don't you guys read espn and all the other sources? All these ridiculous scenarios whereby hoyer sticks around and challenges JF for the job again next year are silly. Nobody( not the browns and not hoyer) want to see that again.

Johnny Manziel is not a NFL quarterback.

He'll have the next 18 starts of Cleveland to prove that analysis incorrect.

But: The early returns are not good.

I know: He studies hard now. He is the first in and last out. He has the locker room support.

He may be good enough for Texas A&M, but he's not good enough for the NFL.

At least I can respect this as an honest stance, even if I disagree with it.

Trust me, if the Browns could have traded him - I'd be in front of the stadium starting a picket lining demanding it to be done.

The only reason you "disagree" is because you can't be objective.

There are ZERO positives from his performance.

I don't care how many babies he slapped at Texas College Of Tractor Supply.. because it doesn't matter.

If you think whimsical obeisance matters, name one positive thing from Manziel's performance.

One.

He over on the Barking Tard spewing his shit like he's some retired NFL coach. Breaking plays down like he actually knows wtf he's talking about.

The only reason you "disagree" is because you can't be objective.

There are ZERO positives from his performance.

I don't care how many babies he slapped at Texas College Of Tractor Supply.. because it doesn't matter.

If you think whimsical obeisance matters, name one positive thing from Manziel's performance.

One.

It's funny, because all I can seem to remember after his Buffalo performance was hope.

But it seems like everyone forgot that.

I guess one game is enough to judge. Trade him, he's garbage.

I tried to tell people that the one good drive against Buffalo was against a soft defense that had not game planned him. The starting defensive line was on the sidelines. And he still made bad reads and was fortunate he wasn't intercepted. The next drive with the starters back in and going back to their normal attacking defense, they easily created a sack fumble into the end zone. How that got overturned, I do not know. It was not a forward pass. He went 4 and out. I was summarily dismissed and told to drink my helping of kool aid because it was a thing of brilliance that he came off the bench cold.

I don't know what anyone thinks he's going to do about his horrific mechanics in a week that he apparently hasn't bothered to correct all season.

He's guaranteed something for 2015 because he is their first round pick at qb. er 20 games)

I didn't read anything else you wrote because this is just a Retarded statement, I'm sure the rest was just as dumb.

If he doesn't earn it this Sunday and next, he isn't being guaranteed shit for 2015. Even if he plays average or above average or shows some signs of NFL competency he won't be handed the gig.

Justin Gilbert was 8th overall and he got outperformed by the UDFA Williams. So you know what happened? He got put on the bench. But in 2015 gilbert is guaranteed to start by your logic regardless of performance because he was drafted in the 1st round? Or is it just different for QBs, or specifically for Manziel?

If it turns out that manziel sucks these last 2, why would he start over the guy who hasn't sucked complete balls?

I know you love johnny and are probably writing from your iPad in bed staring at a home made manziel fathead in a speedo that sits above your bed, but don't you think he should earn the start, not just be gift wrapped it?

I didn't read anything else you wrote because this is just a Retarded statement, I'm sure the rest was just as dumb.

/quote]

That's too bad because I did read your whole post, and the part of my post you didn't read addresses all the issues you raise.

A ton of history with these situations(as well as what the browns situation at qb will be next season) makes it pretty clear JF is the starter next year.

Qb is not cornerback or any other position. You don't neccessarily start the guy who is best for the job at that particular minute. You have to take a big picture approach.

I'm the one who post after post in various threads has gone over all the first round qbs in the past who suck in their first several starts and get gobs more starts...that's pretty objective. Much more objective than just declaring JF has 2-3 starts to show something or else.....when there is no basis for that.

I agree that Hoyer won't be around next year - I just don't see that happening. I think all focus will go into making JM into an NFL QB and he'll probably have the first two games next year to prove his mettle. So let's say he's a bust? Oh, well, someone took a risk on a potential game changing QB and it didn't work. The FO are going to have to prepare for that in the off season with a veteran signing and Shaw (who I still think is the real gem here). I feel bad for Pettine et al, as this was a Hazlam pick and he should have stayed out of those decisions. But the team won at least 7 games w/o pro bowlers, a franchise QB and other key players, and that it my books is a huge improvement. Stay the course and we could see a wild card next year with a few more pieces and another year of preparation. There is so much to love about the Browns and the right QB will land or develop here soon. Stay positive, supportive, and be patient. Rome was not built in a day.

Archived