THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

You guys sound like a bunch of whining, catty, bitchy, middle-school girls...

It's like "Team Manziel" vs. "Team Whoever"

Get over it. The team sucked yesterday, and Manziel looked like shit. So, we're going to sh** all over our starting QB because he sucked in his debut?? Why? Because "you don't like him" or he "parties too much."

Bunch of girls... All this Anti- or Pro-Manziel sh** is really making me hate this board recently...

Does anybody want to talk about anything else?

What do you suggest? The weather? World peace? It is a Browns board after all and we just watched Jesus Manziel demonstrate zero skill of any kind. What did you think the topic would be??????? Also in fairness I saw plenty of posts from Hoyer supporters (myself included) last week supporting the move to Manziel. This isn't about an us or them scenario. It is about watching a QB that was completely and utterly clueless and overwhelmed help the rest of our team who gave up in advance of the implosion at QB.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bunch of faggot wannabe fans. Throw the rookie under the bus after his first NFL start. its all on JFF. Fugging faggot ass bitches.

The Hoyer chants in the stadium were fucking ridiculous. Stupid morons. Johnny is here, back him up. He is a brown now. He's the starter

I didn't listen to the whole thing, still a bit shell-shocked. What I heard sounded ok, but I think, as others have said, he seems to always say the right things. He needs to show improvement on the field, or it means nothing.

One thing that struck me Sunday was his lack of confidence. He exuded a hesitance I've never seen from him before, not even in his worst college games. As I watched, I never saw the same Johnny that always looked like he thought he could win, no matter what the score was.

Hopefully, this is just the normal rookie thing going on, and he just needs to adapt to NFL speed. It's maybe a good thing that the team didn't play well, either, as it would suck for Johnny to be the only reason the team lost.

Looking back, I sure wish hoyer had played well and won vs. Indy and left Johnny on the bench. The fact that Johnny played seemed to fire cincy up. If Hoyer played Sunday, maybe the whole game plays our dufferently.

Sucks. I suck. Sucks to be me. I hope things turn around.

Good honest post bro, hopefully it gets better

So the members who were calling for Manziel when Hoyer was starting now want all to fall in line like good little Browns' fans and "back our starter?"

Interesting...

I,said it after the draft,I said it while he held the clipboard and I will now shout it from the rooftops. Manziel will never be a successful, let alone "elite" QB in the pros as some have and some still say.I believe HASLEM wanted "Johnny Sideshow" not for his presumed talent but a marketing ploy to sell shit at the pro shop. I also said and still say that the worst thing we could do is play this little shit and expose just how worthless this guy was at #22 overall. In the aftermath of Sundays debachle (and there was not one hint of the myth, the legend "Johnny Football"). We may have fucked up our chance to keep Hoyer (who I still say is a very talented Qb), and don't have near the talent we could have gotten at #22 last year. Don't get your panties in a wad, I didn't say Hoyer was going to take us to a Super Bowl but he fits the bill rather nicely as the style of qb we need as we rebuild. The qb position is normaly the biggest expense and always the the most important piece of the puzzle which in my estimation should be the last piece. Rebuild a team around the style qb you need on the cheap and when you get close spend the money. Look at the Rams ..... Sam Bradford early piece of the puzzle, ...... broke down. Look at the Broncos ....... rebuild, go out and buy Manning . And I can hear the bullshit already. Give Johnny a chance, he's only played one game, he's still learning. Well if he still needs to learn he should have STAYED IN FUCKING SCHOOL at A&M. We also have another Qb who fits the right style in Conner Shaw. He will be around the NFL long after the Sideshow is gone.

GO BROWNS AND PLEASE GO BACK TO TEXAS JOHNNY AND GET A DEGREE, YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT!

Douche

That would not include me.

If I'd have thought pulling JM for Hoyer would have changed the game I'd have been all for it, but yesterday Jesus could not have stopped the bleeding. I thought they had it turned around and then they shoot two blanks on the same day. If I'm Pettine I'm wondering what the hell happened, cause I sure as hell don't know.

We know that does not include you, Ag...

I did call for Hoyer from The Tavern sometime in the second QTR. Same call I made, and at about the same point of the game as I did for JM in the IND game.

This time I called because it was clear JM was about to bleed out. Even if it was only for a series, even if Hoyer sucked as bad. Give the kid a series to sit, and either see it's not all him or what can work.

No idea how it would have gone... but it could not have gone worse.

Watching that debacle yesterday made me wonder if the vets on the offensive (and they were truly offensive in every sense of the word) intentionally non-blocked that way to take Manzel down a notch. He gets great press, his jersey is #1 but they wanted to remind him to be a team player. No punk kid is better than us. Bunch of morons and to put this loss on Manziel takes mentally deficient thinking.

Looks like they were paid to play that way because I haven't seen them play that pitifully all year.

No more "Sunday ticket" for me. Watching JJ Watt locally is a damn sight more fun than watching the Brown's games this year (except for the Thurs Bungles game). The only way the wife originally agreed to it was the Aeros hockey club was forced out of town by the Rocket's owner ($ 40,000 rent a game for an AHL team).

The Browns played competitive ball for 14 weeks before today's chit show. The only change.

QB

This change was suppose to make us better, instead we took focking 3 steps back. Season over.

In the past 50 games when the defense scored twice the team lost. The Browns did it both times.

Hoyer lost to Jacksonville (2-12), no was trounced - he was trounced by Houston (7 - 7) (by another SEC quarterback), trounced by the Bills (8 - 6) (JFF scored the only TD) and lost to the Colts with the D scoring twice. Sorry guys, if that doesn't suck then I don't know what does.

Oh I guess beating the Titans (2 - 12), Falcons (5 - 9) and Saints (5 - 8 - 1) on the last play is really competitive.

Jesus Christ. What the hell do you people look at up there. Serious brain freeze has given y'all shortened memories.

Competitive is hardly the name for how we have played all year.

The cardiac kids were fun to watch with Sipe pulling out games by a different miracle every week. This is painful similar to a cold sore.

So the members who were calling for Manziel when Hoyer was starting now want all to fall in line like good little Browns' fans and "back our starter?"

Interesting...

And if we don't support the current starter we should find a new team to root for.

Amazing how opinions change when the shoe is on the other foot.

In the past 50 games when the defense scored twice the team lost. The Browns did it both times.

Hoyer lost to Jacksonville (2-12), no was trounced - he was trounced by Houston (7 - 7) (by another SEC quarterback), trounced by the Bills (8 - 6) (JFF scored the only TD) and lost to the Colts with the D scoring twice. Sorry guys, if that doesn't suck then I don't know what does.

Oh I guess beating the Titans (2 - 12), Falcons (5 - 9) and Saints (5 - 8 - 1) on the last play is really competitive.

Jesus Christ. What the hell do you people look at up there. Serious brain freeze has given y'all shortened memories.

The cardiac kids were fun to watch with Sipe pulling out games by a different miracle every week. This is painful similar to a cold sore.

The fuck are u babbling about. The team is 7-7 and u question whether they have been competitive all year?? Wow. I've hooked my wagon to some real donkey qbs in the past but never have I suggested the oline letting rushers thru to send a message. This isn't the California penal leagues Vaughn. Eat Ur Fucking crow and move on with all Ur 11 posts and root for them Texans dipshit.

I think competitive is exactly the word. Unfortunately in our case it included a heavy dose of "playing to the level of the competition."

Some of our losses don't look as bad as they once did.

Bills just dumped the Pack. Their D made Rodgers look pretty bad.

ATL has gotten tougher as of late. Have won and just gave both the Packers and the Steelers a good game.

Some of our wins do not look as good as they once did. Maybe it all evens out.

Anyway... season started with many (me) looking for 8-8. Even I got carried away little by our early success, but was not to be, if for no other reason than lack of depth. That, I believe, will be fixed.

Anyway... with JM (if JM) in 2015 won't likely need Sunday Ticket much anyway. And should we... there's always a local sports bar.

Go Browns...

Just what passing plays do not require reads? Roll outs simply cut the field in half.

And then there's the pre-snap reads that include line calls. Not sure if BH had been involved in those, but I am pretty sure JM was not. Still want to see this asked.

If Manziel was at least partly responsible for the line calls- he missed a few that got him killed. Any assertion that his o-line did the Ole! Matador thing to "teach him a lesson" is out of their damn mind.

More than wow lacking, what worries me is the number of passes not made on time in a timing offense.

With a little tape help from ESPN's 6PM crew I'll make a few comments. Johnny had the lowest total qbr of the week. 1, that's right ONE- doesn't really surprise me all that much- I don't know if zero is possible in their system, be he probably would have deserved it.

So let's break down what was said first. That third down pass to Hawins? Late. Gave the CB time to break up the pass. Both the ints came when he was running, didn't put much zip on the pass and didn't anticipate the CB making a break on the ball. He was high on a lot of his throws- a recipe to get your wrs killed. The overthrow to (can't remember) a wide open either Dray or Cameron sailed way over their head- he's lucky there wasn't a defender in the area, or it would have been another pick.

So my 0.02- first start- the speed of the game was WAY too fast for Johnny. As I suggested to the Manzealots- his scrambling around and chucking it up for his wr to make a play on it won't fly in the NFL. He obviously underestimated how fast an NFL level CB can close on a play. When he let his passes go on both ints- the receiver initially looked open- whoops, JF- they weren't. Manziel also got a rude lesson on just how fast defensive NFL linemen can move when they're playing at game speed. Yeah- it's one game- and a bad one at that. I hope Johnny learns from his mistakes- because that level of play just isn't acceptable.

You might be a Retard. On his first start, Weeden threw 4 picks.

Compare him to Roethlisberger's rookie start, or Flacco's or Dalton's.

Or, compare him to Terry Bradshaw, who sucked for his first 4 seasons.

Johnny looked like a college QB, who showed up for an NFL game.

I don't care if he is the same size as Drew Brees and Russel Wilson coz he looked like a little kid out there.

He reminds me more of an Antwaan Ranle El type of college QB, who gets picked high, but can't play the position at the NFL level.

Montana's footwork was flawless. Haslam has some scratch, throw Joe Cool a couple bones to coach up the youngster. At least a lesson or two.

Worked out well for tebow. If you don't have the fundamentals down by the NFL, it's doubtful you'll ever get them right.

Compare him to Roethlisberger's rookie start, or Flacco's or Dalton's.

Or, compare him to Terry Bradshaw, who sucked for his first 4 seasons.

Johnny looked like a college QB, who showed up for an NFL game.

I don't care if he is the same size as Drew Brees and Russel Wilson coz he looked like a little kid out there.

He reminds me more of an Antwaan Ranle El type of college QB, who gets picked high, but can't play the position at the NFL level.

That is one bold statement

only way manziel's skillset will translate to the NFL is if the FO and coaching staff build an offense around him that suits his game. that means rebuilding and years of drafting and FA signings, and even then there's no guarantee he just wouldn't flop.

did you see him out on the field? he truly looked like a little kid with giants around him. wasn't even funny.

Buffalo has a way tougher D and Manziel led the team to a TD on first drive, the difference was the Buffalo D didn't

know what was coming and Manziel was READY to go and play.

This game he went down 0-7, then 0-17. Shannahan and co. did not help him become settled in the game.

Only player ever who might've had a shot as a rookie first start in that situation would be A.Luck.

He did make terrible throws and late reads but thats something most rooks need to get out of their system at this

level. He's still a kid.

I believe in JF.. and if not then Mariota because we need someone who can SLANG the rock, but only if Johnny

Football isn't Cleveland's R. Wilson.

Buffalo has a way tougher D and Manziel led the team to a TD on first drive, the difference was the Buffalo D didn't

This game he went down 0-7, then 0-17. Shannahan and co. did not help him become settled in the game.

Only player ever who might've had a shot as a rookie first start in that situation would be A.Luck.

He did make terrible throws and late reads but thats something most rooks need to get out of their system at this

level. He's still a kid.

I believe in JF.. and if not then Mariota because we need someone who can SLANG the rock, but only if Johnny

Fuck Mariotta. He'll be the next gimmick in the league.

He did make terrible throws and late reads but thats something most rooks need to get out of their system at this level. He's still a kid.

I think this belongs in the Johnny Excuses thread?

Buffalo's top 10 defense forced him to fumble in the end zone.

Buffalo's 2nd string defense played cover 3 prevent and he still made incorrect reads on the plays. (Forced in to dray, nearly picked when West was wide open on the left sideline, missed a wide open Gabriel).

Regardless, whenever we see all the things he can't do are we just going to remember that one garbage time drive against buffalo to make us feel better?

Archived