THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I don't get all the flaming on Jimmy. Maybe he forced his hand on the Manziel pick, he'll learn though he actually wants this team to be a winner I think and has mostly made good decisions to get us there.

Firing the Lambanner duo and snatching Farmer before anyone else did best decision so far.

Agree...

Here's what instability looks like: Mangini to Shurmur.

Here's what stability looks like: Shurmur to Chud to Pet.

The difference is direction.

As for Manziel... if Haslam played a significant role in the pick, which I doubt, then he is learning to leave it to the pros in the future.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.. I know it it's only 1 game and another half of football played by Johnny.. But based on what I've seen. I just don't see this little shit (JM) getting any better than he already is. Hey looks way worse than Spergon Wynn,Charlie McFry and Colt McCoy. I think Johnny Cacca is a pussy. He proved it by putting that towel over his head on the side lines,after he "got hurt". Wich I'm really starting to doubt this little assholes character.Once again, We saw Hoyer trot out onto the field and outplayed him. JM just proved he is no competition for Brian Hoyer. Secondly.. Jimmy Haslam needs to relinquish his ownership and sell it to a Clevelander, that actually understands Cleveland football. or else the viscious cycle will continue..He sucks, He looks lost,derailed and confused.Jimmy and Johnny.. please get the fuck out of Cleveland. You both are an embarrassment To Cleveland fans

Neither qb played well today. Hoyer hit the one nice pass that gave us a td, but outside if that was godawful. He turned it over(it's not like he got it back for us), he squandered good field position twice, he took sacks(some his fault, some not)....this is the 5th straight time he has played poorly.

And yes, JF did not play well either. He only ran like 18 plays, but he certainly didn't get the offense moving well in those three possessions.

Neither one gave us the sort of performance that leads to winning football.

Hummmmm...

Take away BH's long of 81 and its TD and you're left with 6/12 for 53 and 1 INT.

Take away JM's long of 28 and you're left with 2/7 for 4 yds...

Yup about the same...

I think I am done posting here till next season. This past week was unreadable. This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

And you were pretty cool until you went into full DnD* mode...

'Til next we meet...

... and as always... Fuck dem Cowboys!

---------------------------------------------------------

*Defense 'n' Denial

I think I am done posting here till next season. This past week was unreadable. This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

Thanks again for celebrating your Cowboys shit on our board on the same day our team lost it's 4th straight, Knob Slobberer.

I hope you get your ass beat like a redheaded stepchild in the playoffs.

Z

we been saying shit about him all year. aint nothing changed this week except we got to see him play. your just leaving because he sucks and it hurts to hear it or admit it. See ya next year. Maybe

So you were here dishig the pain for months and now you look like an a@@ doing it because Johnny boy suck donkey balls. Don't let the door hit you on the way out and here's to Romo choking again.

I think I am done posting here till next season. ....... This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

Mature posters....ha!.....idol worship of a kid QB is mature.

What gets me is I hear how the coaches were unfair to JFF or the Cleveland fans "somehow" ruin QB's by being critical....which is something all players have to endure...not just QB's....ask Mingo, Gilbert or Schwartz

I'll tell you whats UNFAIR......raising a kid QB to god like status before he ever throws a pass....creating expectations he could never meet.....refusal to just let him find his way by constantly preaching his gospel....feeding a media monster before he was even a player....the hype perpetuated by the mass crazies that followed him....all THAT was unfair.....NOT asking him to play a football game

So before you storm out the door blaming us for JFF's complete failure to date....lets look in the goddamn mirror and see who created the unrealistic expectations and constantly promoted his greatness....

I respect most of your posts. Let's not forget a couple of things though. 1) we are on an open Internet forum and there is a lot of mutual ball busting here. It is simply the nature of the forum 2) The low percentage of people posting with technical football knowledge matches the overall percent of fans. Most are casual fans who watch the ball and enjoy it on a surface level. Keep in mind that it's that minority' that paid the majority of your former paycheck (I believe you played in the NFL?). With out casual fans there would be no NFL. Because they pay the bills they have every right to post and bitch.

I hate saying this after only 6 quarters of football, I always hate pre judging. That being said, all my fears have come true, and johnny is another browns bust. I didn't see this game I listened as I could but with JF it sounded like more 3 and outs, and one drive assisted by a big penalty. With hoyer it sounds like we could move the ball again. I blamed the team as much as JF last week, but can't do that this week. If we moved with hoyer, and didn't with johnny, its Johnny's fault.

Best case scenario, hoyer starts and lights it up next week, we re-sign him, and trade manziel for a 2nd rd draft pick.

At this point getting a 2 for Johnny would be a bigger coup than getting a 1 for Trich.

I wouldn't put it past this regime to blow up the QB position. They seem to have no tolerance for losing. Haslam might say let's cut our losses now and see what we can do. Trade JF and wish Hoyer luck n FA.

For next year, I like Shaw, and maybe we pick up Cousins. If we trade JF, we will need to draft a QB. Add four to six new starting players with the draft/FA and I think this team has a realistic shot at the playoffs next year.

Mature posters....ha!.....idol worship of a kid QB is mature.

I'll tell you whats UNFAIR......raising a kid QB to god like status before he ever throws a pass....creating expectations he could never meet.....refusal to just let him find his way by constantly preaching his gospel....feeding a media monster before he was even a player....the hype perpetuated by the mass crazies that followed him....all THAT was unfair.....NOT asking him to play a football game

So before you storm out the door blaming us for JFF's complete failure to date....lets look in the goddamn mirror and see who created the unrealistic expectations and constantly promoted his greatness....

Let's add in Manziel did everything in his power to feed the monster he (helped) create. Crap, I'm not throwing him under the bus- yet. However it sure seems like everything that was pointed out pre draft- gimmicky offense, injury risk, can't read a defense- is coming true.

Well, we can't pan him off on Jerrah anymore, because his trade value is now zero.

Neither qb played well today. Hoyer hit the one nice pass that gave us a td, but outside if that was godawful. He turned it over(it's not like he got it back for us), he squandered good field position twice, he took sacks(some his fault, some not)....this is the 5th straight time he has played poorly.

And yes, JF did not play well either. He only ran like 18 plays, but he certainly didn't get the offense moving well in those three possessions.

Neither one gave us the sort of performance that leads to winning footbal

you are right, sort of, it's not just the qb...friggin ol is sucking it up....on one of hoyers sacks, friggin bitonio left his block 2 seconds after contact and shuffled toward the center to help out...only problem was the center had his man controlled....you cannot blame that on hoyer...and why do we keep getting second rate running backs ala crowell...how do the pittsburghs and seatlles get guys like bell and lynch...yipper, they have better gm's and ownership...just answered my own question....poor ole cleveland, its back to the basement yet again...and no qb...phwapppp....

Let's add in Manziel did everything in his power to feed the monster he (helped) create. Crap, I'm not throwing him under the bus- yet. However it sure seems like everything that was pointed out pre draft- gimmicky offense, injury risk, can't read a defense- is coming true.

Well, we can't pan him off on Jerrah anymore, because his trade value is now zero.

right now he looks like another colt mccoy without a doubt....without a doubt....he even pulls hamstrings like good ol colt did....

Lacked football knowledge- or just called a spade a spade? I agree it only took one game for the Johnny hatas to return battleship broadsides against the Manzealots, and deservedly so- from my perspective. Can't stand the heat- stay out of the kitchen. If you think we're being harsh on Manziel- you should have been here last year when we dry roasted Brandon Wee-Done. Think I said- this is the Big Boy League- Johnny College Football don't mean crap when you're playing for a paycheck. So sorry some of us didn't worship at the JFF Altar of Greatness when he came into the NFL. I said it about a dozen times "I'm from Missouri- SHOW ME."

To date- he's shown NOTHING. Oh gee, he's only a rookie. Carr has won more games, with less of a supporting cast.

Is that a tear in your eye?

I disagree. I bet Jerrah would give you a 3rd rounder and feel like he made a steal. He likes a good gamble and is not shy of the media for sure. If the Browns really don't want him, that's their best bet and likely best offer.

And guess who had a 47 yd TD against the Colts today. Yep, that Browns castoff Wee-done. :P

and fuck you Texas

"And fuck you Lone Star beer"-now them's fightin' words. HA! :D

PS-I don't drive off or give up that easy. You jackasses are stuck with me. Especially mik. He knows I'd really miss his rants if I left.

I disagree. I bet Jerrah would give you a 3rd rounder and feel like he made a steal. He likes a good gamble and is not shy of the media for sure. If the Browns really don't want him, that's their best bet and likely best offer.

And guess who had a 47 yd TD against the Colts today. Yep, that Browns castoff Wee-done. :P

Yup... that Wheezy sure knows how to protect a 35 point lead.

Got Jerrah down for a 3rd... Tell him, thanks and we'll get back to him as soon as we talk to Chip Kelly.

Got Jerrah down for a 3rd... Tell him, thanks and we'll get back to him as soon as we talk to Chip Kelly.

I had actually thought of that too Tour, especially since JF had originally committed to him at Oregon before A&M finally offered. You may be on to something. Maybe get a bidding war started. :D

Archived