THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoyer will probably been gone. Sad too. More productive offense then years past. And nearly ever game was watchable.

Hoyer got the short end of stick for sure. Alot of fans acted like we were the cowboys sitting at 7-6 just another season falling apart. bottom line we benched a healthy 7-6 qb in the midst of a playoff chase.

Do you thank someone will pay what his agent seems to want?

Not sure of the latest figures, Steve... $10+? No... $8? Maybe... $6 with incentives? Easily...

We saw Hoyer in microcosm today...

Tough, smart, decisive, limited arm... none of his "footwork demons" showed today that I saw watching live.

He looked "secure" again.

he seemed better today than he has for a while but not enough to be a high-priced difference maker. I don't think either guy can be evaluated at this point of the season. It's just the team is so decimated and incapable of doing much of anything. It will be interesting to see what happens next season if everyone is healthy and back to prime form.

No reason he can't be sufficient with a supporting cast but we ain't got that right now.

He'll need that with any team he goes to.

WSS

WSS

Cowboys win the NFC East! Woohoo!

Too bad y'all are too young to remember all those playoff games against the 'boys in the '60's. We went 2-2 in those before the merger.

I hate them, I have always hated them and I always will hate 'em. I hope they lose in the first round.

Steve you talking about manziel?

No, I think Johnny has a long way to go before I make a decision. I'm talking about Brian.

But both guys will need a good team around them to succeed it's just that I think Johnny might possibly eventually someday etc etc to be an elite quarterback. And he might not. I don't think brian has that upside unfortunately.

But he's OK and probably could continue to be ok.

WSS

Send him elsewhere. Both he and Cleveland fans will be happier for it. And Cleveland gets to add #22 to that infamous list of QB's. What a legacy it has become!

Ask any Aggie and he will tell you the same thing. Pigeonhole Johnny into an archaic offensive system and force him to adapt and he probably won't succeed. He won the Heisman with his ability to improvise but he had receivers who were willing to help, who could catch the ball and would work to get open. I see none of that in Cleveland's receivers. All the "pundits" said the same thing - the Browns have no worthy receivers save for Gordon and he was suspended for so long.

Well.. I know it it's only 1 game and another half of football played by Johnny.. But based on what I've seen. I just don't see this little shit (JM) getting any better than he already is. Hey looks way worse than Spergon Wynn,Charlie McFry and Colt McCoy. I think Johnny Cacca is a pussy. He proved it by putting that towel over his head on the side lines,after he "got hurt". Wich I'm really starting to doubt this little assholes character.

Once again, We saw Hoyer trot out onto the field and outplayed him. JM just proved he is no competition for Brian Hoyer. Secondly.. Jimmy Haslam needs to relinquish his ownership and sell it to a Clevelander, that actually understands Cleveland football. or else the viscious cycle will continue..He sucks, He looks lost,derailed and confused.

Jimmy and Johnny.. please get the fuck out of Cleveland. You both are an embarrassment To Cleveland fans

Ask any Aggie and he will tell you the same thing. Pigeonhole Johnny into an archaic organized offensive system and force him to adapt and he probably won't succeed.

Fixed...

Send him elsewhere. Both he and Cleveland fans will be happier for it. And Cleveland gets to add #22 to that infamous list of QB's. What a legacy it has become!

Unlike some of the Manzealots you have at least posted a few balanced objective posts. Since your boy got his first start though and failed you have started to fall in with the others. Why is it you think he would be so much happier elsewhere? Can you not see that he is showing a high potential to be a flop? He finally got his chance to play and did nothing with it. We at least moved some with Hoyer.

Ask any Aggie and he will tell you the same thing. Pigeonhole Johnny into an archaic offensive system and force him to adapt and he probably won't succeed. He won the Heisman with his ability to improvise but he had receivers who were willing to help, who could catch the ball and would work to get open. I see none of that in Cleveland's receivers. All the "pundits" said the same thing - the Browns have no worthy receivers save for Gordon and he was suspended for so long.

Now I know that your name stands for Edward Eats Johnnys Wiener. The only thing he has been "forced" to do is try to learn a playbook and execute a planned offense. If he had taken that seriously clear back in the pre season maybe and i stress MAYBE he would have done better. He thought all along that his raw talent , "cool factor" and circus monkey playground style would "wreck the league". Working well huh?

No reason he can't be sufficient with a supporting cast but we ain't got that right now.

He'll need that with any team he goes to.

Agree...

Instead of talking about hoyer specifically, it would be more useful perhaps to refer to any random journeyman backup. Because that's the decision the browns have- what level of random journeyman backup they bring in next year.

Piss off... and let the adults talk, sport...

Was Manziel really hurt or is Pettine man enough to have told him to fake the injury and stay out of the game? Pettine strikes me as a no-nonsense guy and if rumors are true that Little Johnny has been shoved down his throat, maybe he simply had enough and decided to try to win the game?

That's the question, DN... I think an opportunity was seized, but give little credence to the rumors of a dictate... either in the starter change or the draft pick.

In his post-game Pet said he did not "know the extent of JM's injury" then later said if Brian had stayed down after a big hit he took, that JM "could have gone in, but not been mobile".

Instead of talking about hoyer specifically, it would be more useful perhaps to refer to any random journeyman backup. Because that's the decision the browns have- what level of random journeyman backup they bring in next year.

Will Manziels journey as a backup last as long as Hoyers?

The question really is where will Manziel spend his time as a journeyman backup and that's IF he can nail down a number 2 role.

Shaub, Sanchez, locker, fitz, DA???

Johnny yes I agree. Jimmy I am uncertain. If he did force Johnny on us (and I suspect he did) I hope he learned his lesson. Overall I think the guy does want a winning team and will spend money.

He might spend money.. but so far.. he doesn't offer stability.

I don't get all the flaming on Jimmy. Maybe he forced his hand on the Manziel pick, he'll learn though he actually wants this team to be a winner I think and has mostly made good decisions to get us there.

Firing the Lambanner duo and snatching Farmer before anyone else did best decision so far.

He might spend money.. but so far.. he doesn't offer stability.

I kind of see your point but honestly I believe he made a good decision getting rid of Banner and Lombardi. I think he was hasty on Chud but was misled by the two clowns. I think in terms of stability he needs to stay the course with the current staff for a minimum 2 more years. The one exception I would make is Tabor who I would fire the day the season ended.

By the way, have any of you heard rumblings of Manning retiring and Haslam offering him some sort of role next year? I am sure its likely internet dribble but they are friends I believe.

I hate saying this after only 6 quarters of football, I always hate pre judging. That being said, all my fears have come true, and johnny is another browns bust. I didn't see this game I listened as I could but with JF it sounded like more 3 and outs, and one drive assisted by a big penalty. With hoyer it sounds like we could move the ball again. I blamed the team as much as JF last week, but can't do that this week. If we moved with hoyer, and didn't with johnny, its Johnny's fault.

Best case scenario, hoyer starts and lights it up next week, we re-sign him, and trade manziel for a 2nd rd draft pick.

Archived