THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

In the meantime........Teddy Twatwater is progressing very nicely. They gave Miami a good game today. Minnesota just needs a few more pieces to start really competing. Derek Carr is getting his rookie feet nice and wet for next year, albeit Oakland will still suck. We could have had either one. Maybe they should just throw Manziel to the wolves next year and let it play out. Get some team around him and build a defense. And draft a quarterback in the third round because Hoyer will be gone.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had actually thought of that too Tour, especially since JF had originally committed to him at Oregon before A&M finally offered. You may be on to something. Maybe get a bidding war started. :D

Man... talk about a Texas dilemma! Johnny as an Eagle warring against the Cowboys? Shrinks'd be flocking to Texas.

I disagree. I bet Jerrah would give you a 3rd rounder and feel like he made a steal. He likes a good gamble and is not shy of the media for sure. If the Browns really don't want him, that's their best bet and likely best offer.

And guess who had a 47 yd TD against the Colts today. Yep, that Browns castoff Wee-done. :P

Dallas has the best O line in football. Weeen's sister could have thrown that td. Our O line can't even set up the running game. We suck and you can't blame it on one guy. They suck collectively! And the front office is responsible! Undrafted free agents my ass!

In the meantime........Teddy Twatwater is progressing very nicely. They gave Miami a good game today. Minnesota just needs a few more pieces to start really competing. Derek Carr is getting his rookie feet nice and wet for next year, albeit Oakland will still suck. We could have had either one. Maybe they should just throw Manziel to the wolves next year and let it play out. Get some team around him and build a defense. And draft a quarterback in the third round because Hoyer will be gone.

aarff,

you are a woman correct? or a girl?

you're not going to get those boots you wanted from your husband for xmas cuz he thinks you're already cheating on him, so get that out your head.

teddy tko bridgegap, sammy watkins and mike evans all contributed greatly to what their team did today and it all resulted in one big fat fucking goose egg.

now break out your double dong and go fuck yourself...both ways at the same time.hon.

need some lube?

I had actually thought of that too Tour, especially since JF had originally committed to him at Oregon before A&M finally offered. You may be on to something. Maybe get a bidding war started. :D

It starts at 7th round, and goes up from there. :) Ag we love ya- stick around- even if Johnny doesn't.

Like the Swallows returning to Capistrano, even Lumburgh- Derek Anderson's #1 fan has made a re appearance after many, many years.

aarff,

you are a woman correct? or a girl?

you're not going to get those boots you wanted from your husband for xmas cuz he thinks you're already cheating on him, so get that out your head.

teddy tko bridgegap, sammy watkins and mike evans all contributed greatly to what their team did today and it all resulted in one big fat fucking goose egg.

now break out your double dong and go fuck yourself...both ways at the same time.hon.

need some lube?

lol, classic! My, how the booze talks.

Well.. I know it it's only 1 game and another half of football played by Johnny.. But based on what I've seen. I just don't see this little shit (JM) getting any better than he already is. Hey looks way worse than Spergon Wynn,Charlie McFry and Colt McCoy. I think Johnny Cacca is a pussy. He proved it by putting that towel over his head on the side lines,after he "got hurt". Wich I'm really starting to doubt this little assholes character.

Once again, We saw Hoyer trot out onto the field and outplayed him. JM just proved he is no competition for Brian Hoyer. Secondly.. Jimmy Haslam needs to relinquish his ownership and sell it to a Clevelander, that actually understands Cleveland football. or else the viscious cycle will continue..He sucks, He looks lost,derailed and confused.

Jimmy and Johnny.. please get the fuck out of Cleveland. You both are an embarrassment To Cleveland fans

murray_upvote.gif

Well.. I know it it's only 1 game and another half of football played by Johnny.. But based on what I've seen. I just don't see this little shit (JM) getting any better than he already is. Hey looks way worse than Spergon Wynn,Charlie McFry and Colt McCoy. I think Johnny Cacca is a pussy. He proved it by putting that towel over his head on the side lines,after he "got hurt". Wich I'm really starting to doubt this little assholes character.

Once again, We saw Hoyer trot out onto the field and outplayed him. JM just proved he is no competition for Brian Hoyer. Secondly.. Jimmy Haslam needs to relinquish his ownership and sell it to a Clevelander, that actually understands Cleveland football. or else the viscious cycle will continue..He sucks, He looks lost,derailed and confused.

Jimmy and Johnny.. please get the fuck out of Cleveland. You both are an embarrassment To Cleveland fans

Jimmy Haslam is the reason we have Pettine and Farmer and Lombardi and Banner are gone. The only problem here is the people who expect a 180 degree turnaround in a single season and call for people's heads when they don't get. Let's face it, this is going to be a 7-9 season. Going from 4-12 to 7-9 is going in the right direction, yet you geniuses want to stop the car and kick out the driver because he isn't moving fast enough in the right direction. The only thing that will get you is lost, again. Aren't you tired of 15 years of being lost?

No, I think Johnny has a long way to go before I make a decision. I'm talking about Brian.

But both guys will need a good team around them to succeed it's just that I think Johnny might possibly eventually someday etc etc to be an elite quarterback. And he might not. I don't think brian has that upside unfortunately.

But he's OK and probably could continue to be ok.

WSS

Just curious....what plays or characteristics have you seen from Manziel that would make you think he could be an elite qb?....other than maybe backyard pick up games?

I personally have seen enough of Johnny Manziel and want to see this team at least end up 8-8 and go out with a win over the Ravens. I hope they start Hoyer and play hard to win this game. I wish no ill will towards Manziel but he needs to go to another team and play back up quarterback and try and master his craft and try again as a starter sometime in the future. He is a distraction this team does not need and I hate to even think about going through this again with him next year.

It's so funny to read people dogging johnny when this play calling has been the worst I have ever seen in my entire life...you have one of the top receivers in the league and a rookie quarterback and you don't throw any wide receiver screens.? Don't pile on johnny we knw he's not ready but our o.c. thinks he's smarter than the league and he's not.

The best case scenario in my opinion. Hoyer knows he lost the chance at a big contract. He's a Cleveland guy and I believe he wants to stay here. He can be signed for 6 mil + incentives and to me that's a bargain for a known commodity. I really don't care who the back up is , Manziel or Shaw or whoever. If we don't improve our O- line we're going to continue the broken Qb trend going back to 1999. A great offensive line makes a mediocre qb good , a good qb great ,and a great qb elite. And ditto for Rb's. We always seem to put the cart ahead of the horse here. Drafting qbs without something to protect them is like buying a Rolls Royce and parking it on the street. It's gonna get broke! We are just a NT and LB away from a solid run defense which would put us in the top 5 category overall.

If we focus on the O-line the next two years by whatever means we can go buy a fucking QB . Denver did it.

I feel for Manziel in that one of his problems he cannot help and that is his size. I would feel better about him if I read where he was burning the midnight oil, studying game films, working on reading defenses and the like but I read where he himself said he has not put in the effort with this team when he should have been using every opportunity to improve his game while waiting in the wings with Hoyer playing.

Jimmy Haslam is the reason we have Pettine and Farmer and Lombardi and Banner are gone. The only problem here is the people who expect a 180 degree turnaround in a single season and call for people's heads when they don't get. Let's face it, this is going to be a 7-9 season. Going from 4-12 to 7-9 is going in the right direction, yet you geniuses want to stop the car and kick out the driver because he isn't moving fast enough in the right direction. The only thing that will get you is lost, again. Aren't you tired of 15 years of being lost?

yes,Im just tired of gimmicky QB's.. Just get Me a QB whose smart and can win from the pocket.. Because Manziel hasn't shown Me one thing so far,that makes Me think he's ever gonna ge good.. He's stinkola.. I hope Jimmy is proud of himself for sacrificing the season for his own greedy ticket sales.. "asshole"

No, I think Johnny has a long way to go before I make a decision. I'm talking about Brian.

But both guys will need a good team around them to succeed it's just that I think Johnny might possibly eventually someday etc etc to be an elite quarterback. And he might not. I don't think brian has that upside unfortunately.

But he's OK and probably could continue to be ok.

WSS

johnny will never be Elite.. He stinks..

Just curious....what plays or characteristics have you seen from Manziel that would make you think he could be an elite qb?....other than maybe backyard pick up games?

he has an above average arm, he had one of the highest IQs of the draft, he has excellent ability to scramble he is a competitor. And, even though they are often wrong, most football analysts saw him as a talent. Granted most predicted a boom or bust possibility but at least a possible high ceiling.

I don't think you could judge any rookie by the performance against the Cincinnati Bengals. They manhandled the Cleveland Browns at every stage of the game. It was the worst team performance I've seen in years.

As you should recall I didn't call for brian hoyers head. I said leave him in the rest of the season and if you are going to make a change start Johnny with a healthy team after a full training camp.

Then if he's a bust we will know it and you can rejoice.

WSS

Think someone will offer Hoyer more money they we will. JFF doesn't look like he is ready to be an NFL QB. Looks like a high school kid out there. Not sure what they will do with him. Probably back up for awhile. That leaves us in the same debacle as the last 15 years or so.

I think we saw the good Brian yesterday. On time, quick, pretty good ball placement, good reads, good footwork, etc. Yea he missed a couple longer balls, one to Gabriel - but I don't think on bad throws. Couple drops, the underthrown INT to Benjamin (showing his non-rocket man arm). The INT was a good catch, and an awesome play by Benji to get back and strip it too.

Anyway, he's good enough to win now. Keep him, commit to him (I don't see him costing a whole lot). Get a smart young guy with lots of upside to develop for 2 or 3 years behind him (maybe we already have that guy in Shaw - maybe not the ideal guy due to some of his physical limitations, haven't seen enough)

Not sure what we do with Johnny. If he showed some competence I'd say he'd be a decent mid-game backup had an injury occured to the #1 just because of the improv stuff and athleticism he's supposed to bring to the table. By mid-game I mean he'd be like Jason Campbell, get put in for the remainder of the game then let the real backup prepare for the following weeks start.

Think someone will offer Hoyer more money they we will. JFF doesn't look like he is ready to be an NFL QB. Looks like a high school kid out there. Not sure what they will do with him. Probably back up for awhile. That leaves us in the same debacle as the last 15 years or so.

I would be happy if we just cut Manziel.. He's been nothing but a distraction since he's been here.. and more importantly.. He blows..

DieHardBrownsFan similar to what Lobo asked me why would someone pay starting quarterback money to Brian Hoyer? What is it anyone has seen in him so far that suggest he might be elite someday?

(assuming that would be the goal of an NFL team)

WSS

Not elite Steve but capable.

Not elite Steve but capable.

And capable is a best case scenario. So again isn't very good at least what you want in a starter?

Here's any team's best chance to win with Brian Hoyer at the helm. Make sure your team is as good as Rex Grossman Chicago Bears or Trent Dilfer Baltimore Ravens. Frankly if the Cleveland Browns could be that good I'd be a happy guy.

But if any team is not that good why would they pay top dollar to a quarterback they can only hope will be adequate?

He may as well stay here and hope for the best. I guarantee he won't get the love and respect in a city he wasn't born in.

WSS

And capable is a best case scenario. So again isn't very good at least what you want in a starter?

Here's any team's best chance to win with Brian Hoyer at the helm. Make sure your team is as good as Rex Grossman Chicago Bears or Trent Dilfer Baltimore Ravens. Frankly if the Cleveland Browns could be that good I'd be a happy guy.

But if any team is not that good why would they pay top dollar to a quarterback they can only hope will be adequate?

He may as well stay here and hope for the best. I guarantee he won't get the love and respect in a city he wasn't born in.

WSS

I just can't see us keeping Hoyer after benching him for JFF. Hoyer will be looking elsewhere. I think we should keep him, but doubt it will happen.

Archived