THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a video explaining it

Essentially, it is a bastardized version of basketball.....though to me the sport seems unnecessary....as what they should do is to just play real basketball.

Largely,yes. In much the same way American football is a bastardised version of rugby.

Largely,yes. In much the same way American football is a bastardised version improvement of rugby.

Fixed....

Essentially, it is a bastardized version of basketball.....though to me the sport seems unnecessary....as what they should do is to just play real basketball.

It would be much better with donkeys....

Cleveland can cut Johnny at 4 PM tomorrow.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/browns_will_cut_ties_with_john.html

I think it is done by 4:01 PM.

Which will make his career as a Brown shorter than Brandon Weeden's, who was cut on March 12th after his second season.

Johnny still setting records.

Zombo

Cleveland can cut Johnny at 4 PM tomorrow.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/browns_will_cut_ties_with_john.html

I think it is done by 4:01 PM.

Which will make his career as a Brown shorter than Brandon Weeden's, who was cut on March 12th after his second season.

Johnny still setting records.

Zombo

I agree Z, 4:01 tomorrow. For sure a Browns record. Maybe Gip can look up the NFL record for the fastest cut of a first round pick.

Probably Dimitrius Underwood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitrius_Underwood

Unless, back in the day, some guy got drafted and got cut in training camp.

Zombo

his coaches at Michigan State warned NFL scouts that he was not mentally stable enough to play in the NFL.

Now, would NFL scouts ignore such a warning in this day and age? I doubt it.

Probably Dimitrius Underwood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitrius_Underwood

"after his stock rose with his pre-draft workouts" was all I need to read.......... Gotta love the combine, where supposedly smart football people suddenly become really dumb.

his coaches at Michigan State warned NFL scouts that he was not mentally stable enough to play in the NFL.

Now, would NFL scouts ignore such a warning in this day and age? I doubt it.

Justin Gilbert comes to mind, but word has it that nobody from the Browns even spoke to Gilbert until after he was drafted.

Unless, back in the day, some guy got drafted and got cut in training camp.

Since there were 30 rounds back in the 50's I'd say TC cuts are a safe bet...

Since there were 30 rounds back in the 50's I'd say TC cuts are a safe bet...

Yessir. But we are talking specifically 1st round. And Underwood didn't make it out of camp. Dude flaked one day after signing his contract.

Zombo

I agree Z, 4:01 tomorrow. For sure a Browns record.

Was curious so did a little research....and think Craig Powell may have the record....only made it 1/2 way through his second season....and never started a single game.....thanks Bullychick!

A few other 2 year wonders were Clifford Charlton, Pete Adams & Mike Junkin.....and making things worse, Charlton and Junkin were back to back picks.....

And, of course, there was Don Rogers.....

So....Johnny, Weeds, Powell, Charlton, Junkin, Adams and Rogers = 7 first rounders gone in 2 years or less.....turble

Other glorious moments:

Trent, #3 overall and traded early in his second season.

Phil Taylor didn't make it to his second contract.

Brady Quinn ... 3 years: 3 wins

Kam Wimbley ... four years and gone

Jeff Faine ... three years and gone

William Green, Tommy Vardell, Charles White, William Adams ...

And that's not even touching these Top o' the Draft heartbreaks who stayed and played, but not like Top ten picks: Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards ...

Can we nail one this year?

Zombo

Archived