THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhere PoG is sitting in a dark room only lit by candles, wiping tears from his eyes as he adds Johnny's picture to his shrine...... Godspeed young Johnny, Trent, Josh and Colt - God Speed.

So cruel... yet so funny...

Does that make me a bad person?

"It's the end of an error."

Waived... will be interesting to see if there are any takers.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't. Here's why. It doesn't seem to me that he wants to play football at all. If he did it seems like it would be Child's Play especially for a young man as well spoken and intelligent as he is, to make a few statement to the Press or to call Hue Jackson on the phone or even giving a Mia culpa interview - 60 minutes. Who is his new agent, or does he even have one? Has he been to any of the teams who might want him and spoken to their front offices? And if so, how shitty is the NFL reporting that didn't get a leak on that?

For that matter he could have still been the starting quarterback here had he only kept a low profile for a couple weeks.

WSS

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't. Here's why. It doesn't seem to me that he wants to play football at all. If he did it seems like it would be Child's Play especially for a young man as well spoken and intelligent as he is, to make a few statement to the Press or to call Hue Jackson on the phone or even giving a Mia culpa interview - 60 minutes. Who is his new agent, or does he even have one? Has he been to any of the teams who might want him and spoken to their front offices? And if so, how shitty is the NFL reporting that didn't get a leak on that?

For that matter he could have still been the starting quarterback here had he only kept a low profile for a couple weeks.

WSS

Billy Playball did him in.

Sweet vindication!

I told everyone Johnny was a clown with questionable talent before we drafted him. I'm owed some money now.

Also feels good because the only time I've ever been individually kicked out of a bar was about 15 minutes after the Browns picked him.

To all you dumbasses at Smokey Bones that cheered after the announcement - what I said two years ago still stands "motherfuck ALL of you".

TRUE CONFESSION.......

I have never swept my dirt under the rug, & I won't here. I own an orange Johnny jersey. Yes, I was a fan of his (note the past tense). I do intend to see whether or not there will be a jersey exchange, ala Baltimore with Ray Rice jerseys.

I still need an orange jersey & here is what it will be:

#46 (the year of birth of both the Browns & I) & also the retired Browns' # of Don Fleming, all star Browns' DB electrocuted while working his off season job.

Name on jersey will be CANTONMIKE.....destined to remain with the Browns forever.

Mike

To all you dumbasses at Smokey Bones that cheered after the announcement - what I said two years ago still stands "motherfuck ALL of you".

Smokey Bones is the worst. I travel for work to Dallas & Birmingham a lot, and even the mom&pop places in those cities are infinitely tastier than that shitshow. If anyone sees this post and never goes back, you've done yourself a favor.

TRUE CONFESSION.......

I have never swept my dirt under the rug, & I won't here. I own an orange Johnny jersey. Yes, I was a fan of his (note the past tense). I do intend to see whether or not there will be a jersey exchange, ala Baltimore with Ray Rice jerseys.

I still need an orange jersey & here is what it will be:

#46 (the year of birth of both the Browns & I) & also the retired Browns' # of Don Fleming, all star Browns' DB electrocuted while working his off season job.

Name on jersey will be CANTONMIKE.....destined to remain with the Browns forever.

Mike

LOL! I actually bought a Manziel #2 jersey about 3 weeks ago knowing that someday it will be a collectors item. I even keep it in the original plastic cover. I won't take it out unless I come across him somewhere and have him sign it. It can go to my heirs for posterity.

TRUE CONFESSION.......

I have never swept my dirt under the rug, & I won't here. I own an orange Johnny jersey. Yes, I was a fan of his (note the past tense). I do intend to see whether or not there will be a jersey exchange, ala Baltimore with Ray Rice jerseys. Canton Mike

"and Calfox tried desperately to convince me that Johnny wasn't a fit, and should not be drafted by the Browns... He must have argued with me about that at least a hundred times...but

would I listen ? NO-O-O....so Cal was absolutely, unequivocally correct" :)

TRUE CONFESSION.......

I have never swept my dirt under the rug, & I won't here. I own an orange Johnny jersey. Yes, I was a fan of his (note the past tense). I do intend to see whether or not there will be a jersey exchange, ala Baltimore with Ray Rice jerseys. Canton Mike

"and Calfox tried desperately to convince me that Johnny wasn't a fit, and should not be drafted by the Browns... He must have argued with me about that at least a hundred times...but

would I listen ? NO-O-O....so Cal was absolutely, unequivocally correct" :)

and Mud and I were debating Gilbert vs Johnny and who would end up being best, whilst trying to hook some fishies.....not that Gilberts good(yet)....but he IS still here......:):)

CdSi0vxXEAIn7pu.jpg

I think the dude has checked out of football altogether.

Also...another reason Canada may be right for him: I understand that they don't have the anti-drug, anti-alcohol, anti-criminal charge, anti-domestic violence policies that they have in the NFL. He could possibly play up their with impunity from all the antics he has pulled down here.

SInce folks are dredging up some of their JFF prognostications...

Why Johnny Manziel must not be drafted.

The 2012/ 2013 Texas Aggie Edition of Johnny Manziel that thrilled millions of fans is as good as he will ever be.

As much as I do not want him, I do not think he will "bust"... more like deflate slowly...

Folks more from lots of different folk in this 67 page, epic thread: Johnny Football Fever

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28451&page=49&do=findComment&comment=404221

SInce folks are dredging up some of their JFF prognostications...

Folks more from lots of different folk in this 67 page, epic thread: Johnny Football Fever

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28451&page=49&do=findComment&comment=404221

Damn, I hate to be right. From that thread.....

"Mike that analysis is pretty much exactly what I've seen out of Johnny Football, and why I have serious concerns if his style of play will translate well to the NFL. I didn't know about the left-right accuracy issues, but you can bet every NFL Defensive Coordinator is going to take away his ability to roll right whenever possible, and see if he can cut it. That's why I'd take Bridgewater in a heartbeat over JF. Bridgewater is mobile, but only runs when he has to, & doesn't take off when his first read is covered. Goes through his progressions 5X better too. I think it was Todd McShay who said "sooner or later Manziel is going to have to learn how to be a pocket passer". The question is, can he?"

Also "You draft Manziel, you bring the circus to town with him."

I'll sell readings from my Crystal Ball for $5 a shot. :)

Archived