THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

this is the weirdest homo-centered crowd i have ever seen. fag this, cock that..is it on purpose to sound like the 12 year-old son of a truck-driver?

Well it is the interwebs so.......yeah. I would've went with frat house at 4 in the morning but whatever floats your boat......fag.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loggains just needs to shut the fu** up... The last thing this team needs is a position coach adding to the Manziel / Haslam circus. The media LOVES to hear "overbearing" owner stories b/c that's the corner they're trying to paint this guy into; and they love to blow up anything related to JF. Loggains gave them both, and went 100% against what Farmer said... what a jacka**... Just coach the damn kid, and btw coach the other 3 QBs on the roster... If I'm Petine, I take him out by the woodshed and teach him a lesson... dumba**... Plus, Haslam just needs to shut his damn mouth and let Farmer do all the draft press conferences and let Pettine talk about plans for the players... he IS the coach btw...

Haslam ordered the team to take Manziel, but why? Manziel did you a favor by WANTING to be in Cleveland, but the owner comes out and viciously attacks Manziel's character? When has Johnny ever not been a hard worker? Why is Johnny "hollywood," because the media made him that way? The ONLY way Manziel can succeed is if you are 100% behind him. There should be ZERO question about whether he'll start or not. HE chose YOU. Cleveland as a team and city have been IRRELEVANT and stars do NOT want to play here. LBJ left you. Manziel CHOSE YOU.

GET BEHIND HIM, CLEVELAND.

Thought it was strange too.... U don't air dirty laudry in the public like that. Every interview I watch all I hear is "I'm here to work" "I'm here to learn and get better". It might be something to manage fans expectations, because it might not be best for him to start week 1. I don't know?

Out of the top 3 QB's...............He isn't the perfect size, but he is the PERFECT attitude.

I am rooting for him, and I hope he brings more then ESPN to Cleveland.

Wins trump hype all day long

And remember, a guy like Bridgewater stated he did NOT want to play for the Browns. Manziel stated this to the QB coach...

"I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together."

Who is "HOLLYWOOD" in this scenario?

Despite all the immature BS on this site the last week+, I have some real thoughts on Manziel...

I was not high on drafting him... I said I wouldn't take him before the 3rd round, but now that he's a Brown I'm 100% behind him

For those of you that are skeptics (like me), watch some of the games on YouTube, or even just the highlights... What I missed, before the draft, was Manziel's overall athletic ability. It is truly impressive. I was focused on his "jumpiness" in the pocket and his "quick to leave the pocket" tendencies. Now that I am a fan, I watch the film differently and am beginning to be able to see his athletic play working in the NFL. Even more, I see a smart QB. He seems to know when his legs can get the first down or TD, but he also knows when his arm can get it done.

I am a fan of the "conventional" QB, which is why I was high on Bortles and Carr, and not-so-much on Manziel, but I have to admit it is exciting to see a guy with his athleticism joining our team... I hope everything works out.

After re-watching ALL the games the past 2 years when he was at A&M, there is no doubt in my mind he beats out Hoyer and starts for this team Day 1. He has 100% more playmaking abilities and can be the offensive spark we need... I hope I"m not seeing it with "Manziel-tinted" glasses now that he's on our team, and I hope ALL my pre-draft analysis was "narrow-minded," "incomplete," and just overall WRONG... wouldn't be the first time...

Go Browns!!

And remember, a guy like Bridgewater stated he did NOT want to play for the Browns. Manziel stated this to the QB coach...

"I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together."

Who is "HOLLYWOOD" in this scenario?

Teddy is a wuss

Oh god... what did we as Browns fans do to deserve you Manziel morons.

Please just go back to that JF Shrine in your basement, say your prayers to JF, and go to bed.

So you want him to fail? so you feel better?

Please just go back to that JF Shrine in your basement, say your prayers to JF, and go to bed.

We got a tough guy here. Belligerent haters make me laugh.

We as Browns fans have put up with,( since 1999) Couch, Frye, Quinn, Weeden. All supposed to be the savior of this team.

Johnny is better then ALL of them coming into the NFL.

Let's give the man a chance

Haslam ordered the team to take Manziel, but why? Manziel did you a favor by WANTING to be in Cleveland, but the owner comes out and viciously attacks Manziel's character? When has Johnny ever not been a hard worker? Why is Johnny "hollywood," because the media made him that way? The ONLY way Manziel can succeed is if you are 100% behind him. There should be ZERO question about whether he'll start or not. HE chose YOU. Cleveland as a team and city have been IRRELEVANT and stars do NOT want to play here. LBJ left you. Manziel CHOSE YOU.

Taking pot shots at the city will really endear you to the fanbase. And how did Haslem viciously attack JM's character? By telling him to act like a backup?

Vicious stuff man.

New Browns fan here... I graduated from Texas A&M and decided to check in on how Browns fans feel about JFF. Reading the posts, I felt I could give you some insight into him from someone who followed him since High School.

The kid is just different, he is a Texas HS legend because he put on a show every night... 75 total TDs his sr year which is a state record (think about that for a second, he was scoring 6-8 TDs a game, every game! But he was a 3 star recruit b/c everyone said he was too small and his game wouldn't fly in D1 football. Wrong. He leads the SEC in Rushing as a QB and breaks the all time SEC passing yards in a season his RS Freshman year. Then everyone said he couldn't do it again now that SEC defenses know how to stop him... Wrong again. Led the SEC in total yards, TDs, and passing yards again in year 2. Now people are saying he can't win in the NFL... All his life people have been doubting him and he just keeps proving them wrong. Just give him time and he will put on a show for you.

Evans benefitted just as much from johnny as johnny did from evans. evans is a horrible route runner btw.

JFF doesn't run as much anymore... He more so uses his legs to buy time so he can find an open man. That means he will get hit less than a usual pocket passing QB. People don't seem to understand this. Hoyer is more likely to get hurt than JFF... Like last season. Also, Johnny plays through pain... Most Aggies think he had a broken finger and separated shoulder for the last few games of the season. He is not a baby and he is EXTREMELY competitive at an elite level. Him falling in the draft was the best thing for him b/c it will fuel him. His teammates loved him (ESPN made stuff up about locker room jealousy), he works very hard to get better (he plays hard too), and he is actually a pretty nice guy. His problem was a lack of maturity on how to stay out of the spotlight but he is improving there as well. Don't believe whatever ESPN tells you... They use him for ratings. The E in ESPN stands for entertainment.

Will he be great? One can't know for sure but I would take a chance on him being great before any other QB being great in the last few drafts outside of Luck. He will will the Browns to victories or spend the whole offseason improving if he doesn't play well. Sit back and enjoy b/c every snap is a chance to seem something amazing.

I am very conflicted about the way the owner/HC have handled the first week of manziel's being a member of the team. While I agree with limiting media access - not a fan of ESPN's microscope on Manziel since he won Heisman, and feel that best to control the circus as much as possible, I think some of management's public statements have been demeaning and uncalled for. Manziel has made no indication that he is anything but "low man on the totem pole" and has said he knows that he has much to learn and is anxious to get started. When asked about gaining the confidence of veterans, Manziel knew actions speak louder than word and that he would need to show that he was a hard worker.

We got a tough guy here. Belligerent haters make me laugh.

Woody may very well be a little butt hurt about drafting JM but when new "fans" come in, talk shit about the city, and tell us how lucky we are to have him, well it's enough to piss off the rest of us that have been here for awhile.

Most of us are happy the BROWNS drafted JM but the success of the team is our priority.

I am sorry if I came off as offensive. I just don't want to see the same thing happen to Manziel as has happened to Tebow, Jimmer, etc. You can't prove yourself without a real opportunity. A coach and a team have to be 100% on board.

I am sorry if I came off as offensive. I just don't want to see the same thing happen to Manziel as has happened to Tebow, Jimmer, etc. You can't prove yourself without a real opportunity. A coach and a team have to be 100% on board.

Truth!

My problem with management's statements were that they were PUBLIC and seemed to indicate a lack of confidence. As many have pointed out, it would have been much better if they had said he was coming in as the back-up and would have to beat out Hoyer for starting position. Did they really believe that Manziel didn't know that Cleveland is a blue collar city and not Hollywood?! At this point I think JM has shown more PR skills than Haslam and Pettine.

run for the hills!

Regarding Cincitucky- it's surrounded by hills, it was built on hills- probably why I don't like the place, aside from the Bungles and Deads- which I do hate. OTOH, give the Kentuckians right across the river some respect- they built the biggest liquor store in the country. (square footage 80,000 and expanding soon) right across the river. Nirvana, I tell ya.

This dude acts like a little cocksucker too. Funny thing is if the Browns didn't take Manziel they woulda cryed foul from everyone that hazed them

Difference is, had they taken Watkins, Bortles, or Bridgewater you wouldn't have seen me- or a bunch of the others thumping our chests saying wow Super Bowl here we come!!!

Yeah, you would love it, because you'd be able to spew your nonsensical, wrong, opinions without getting called out on it.

Ignorance is bliss, fuck face.

So impressive with the profanity Mike- that's probably why you side with your butt-buddy Walter. I guess that means nothing to you-however, it does to a bunch of other posters. When you resort to name calling- and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time- that you're good natured jesting- but not again, FYI, you've already lost the argument. Message board rules of engagement- look it up. I let it slide because (I think) Mik started the cussing, and I allow return fire. OTOH WW has called everyone and anyone who's not on the JF bandwagon "idiots" and "assholes" even when they've been politely disagreeing. That's why PG has less warnings than Walter, and has never been threatened with banishment- he's as big (if not more) a fanboy of Colt and T-Rich as Walter is of Manziel- but he's respectful other posters, and hasn't resorted to name-calling. So sorry bro- that ain't cool in my book, and I'd say 99.9% of message board moderators will side with me. As a Mod- I have to follow the rules an intelligent supervisor would use dealing with an unruly employee. I'd truly like to make public my unexpurgated private opinion of you- I'll decline. But I will give you a hint as a mountaineer. While you're in Hawaii, take a hike up Kilauea and jump in.

this is the weirdest homo-centered crowd i have ever seen. fag this, cock that..is it on purpose to sound like the 12 year-old son of a truck-driver?

Unfortunately, my delete finger would get worn out If I got rid of all that stuff. There's a lowest common denominator here that we (sort of) tolerate. If you want a Browns board that has higher level discussion with less allowed name calling PM me, and I'll steer you in the right direction. :)

Sorry you noobs sort of walked right into the middle of a food fight. Farmer called Manziel a "lightning rod" and he sure as hell got that one right.

This is a conflicting thing..... Read on. "Viciously Attacks" please.....

So you want him to fail? so you feel better?

For about the 30th time, hell no.....

We as Browns fans have put up with,( since 1999) Couch, Frye, Quinn, Weeden. All supposed to be the savior of this team.

Johnny is better then ALL of them coming into the NFL.

Let's give the man a chance

I'm probably older than you. Sorry, not Couch- Tim got drafted #1 overall for a reason- he was as much the consensus #1 as Andrew Luck. JF was assuredly not the consensus #1 overall. I agree about giving JF every chance in the world to prove he can live up to the hype- which is a monumental challenge.

I am very conflicted about the way the owner/HC have handled the first week of manziel's being a member of the team. While I agree with limiting media access - not a fan of ESPN's microscope on Manziel since he won Heisman, and feel that best to control the circus as much as possible, I think some of management's public statements have been demeaning and uncalled for. Manziel has made no indication that he is anything but "low man on the totem pole" and has said he knows that he has much to learn and is anxious to get started. When asked about gaining the confidence of veterans, Manziel knew actions speak louder than word and that he would need to show that he was a hard worker.

This isn't as much a reflection of Manziel is as much as it is on the Cleveland fan base. And on Coach Mike's continued statements. The 2,300 (hate to call them goobers, but they are) that bought season tickets expecting to see JF start day 1 are in for a rude shock. JF knows he's got to win the starting job over Hoyer- and IMHO that's a bad gig traveling to Steeltown for the opener- he'll get killed with blitzes he's never seen before. However, JF is the new anointed savior for the Cleveland young crowd- it's mighty unwise to throw him to the wolves before he's ready.

My problem with management's statements were that they were PUBLIC and seemed to indicate a lack of confidence. As many have pointed out, it would have been much better if they had said he was coming in as the back-up and would have to beat out Hoyer for starting position. Did they really believe that Manziel didn't know that Cleveland is a blue collar city and not Hollywood?! At this point I think JM has shown more PR skills than Haslam and Pettine.

UM, they did say he was the backup- and that's exactly what they said. LOL, you draft a guy in the first round because you have "a lack of confidence in him"? Really??

Good old Brian Sipe here says it the best. He says that the NFL from College is just the next step. It's no harder than coming from High School to College. You just have to go in and learn and earn your place. Some guys can jump right in and others take a little more time, some never get it. You just never know until it's time. Maybe the Browns got lucky this time and Manziel is one of the special ones that can step right in and prove that it's not to big for him.

I'm rooting for that to be the case, I don't think that anyone would be opposed to that. The people that want Manziel to sit behind Hoyer aren't saying it to piss off the guys who support Manziel to be the starter, they just don't want him to get killed or ruined mentally before he is ready. A lot of the people who are saying to pull back the reigns are the fans that have been here and seen how many QBs get killed, thrown to the wolves, ruined both mentally and physically, are never the same again...

I think you would be hard pressed to find any Browns Fan that wouldn't want Manziel to step right in and start the new era if he is ready. Hoyer is just a stop gap until Manziel is ready to go.. Maybe it's sooner rather than later but to keep beating each other up about it is pretty dumb. We're all on the same team, we all want to win.

There are 4 QBs on the roster right now. The coaches will identify who is the most capable to lead the team and give us the best chance to win. Right now I believe in their judgment of the situation, if it's Manziel I don't think they would just play Hoyer for the sake of letting him sit.

I'm excited to see the competition and believe it will be more legit than when Weedone beat out McCoy. Weeden was forced into the starting role because he was close to 30 at the time of his rookie year. That is not the case with Manziel, he's young and very talented, no doubt. I originally wanted Carr as I thought he was the best. I'm all in on JM now that he is a Brown and would like more than anybody to get right to it and not waste a season going with Hoyer just for the sake of it. That's dumb... If Manziel is ready, if he is the best QB on the roster, if the NFL is not too big for him, if he's one of the rare ones that can step right in and be successful- I'm all for it. BUT, that has yet to be determined.

The thing that I'm excited about it that I think we've found a guy that we can stick to for a long time. One that the fans and the city can love and support through the good times and the bad. That is the part I'm most excited about, consistency and building upon the foundation and seeing this budding franchise come to fruition... it's been a long time coming.

Good old Brian Sipe here says it the best. He says that the NFL from College is just the next step. It's no harder than coming from High School to College. You just have to go in and learn and earn your place. Some guys can jump right in and others take a little more time, some never get it. You just never know until it's time. Maybe the Browns got lucky this time and Manziel is one of the special ones that can step right in and prove that it's not to big for him.

I'm rooting for that to be the case, I don't think that anyone would be opposed to that. The people that want Manziel to sit behind Hoyer aren't saying it to piss off the guys who support Manziel to be the starter, they just don't want him to get killed or ruined mentally before he is ready. A lot of the people who are saying to pull back the reigns are the fans that have been here and seen how many QBs get killed, thrown to the wolves, ruined both mentally and physically, are never the same again...

I think you would be hard pressed to find any Browns Fan that wouldn't want Manziel to step right in and start the new era if he is ready. Hoyer is just a stop gap until Manziel is ready to go.. Maybe it's sooner rather than later but to keep beating each other up about it is pretty dumb. We're all on the same team, we all want to win.

There are 4 QBs on the roster right now. The coaches will identify who is the most capable to lead the team and give us the best chance to win. Right now I believe in their judgment of the situation, if it's Manziel I don't think they would just play Hoyer for the sake of letting him sit.

I'm excited to see the competition and believe it will be more legit than when Weedone beat out McCoy. Weeden was forced into the starting role because he was close to 30 at the time of his rookie year. That is not the case with Manziel, he's young and very talented, no doubt. I originally wanted Carr as I thought he was the best. I'm all in on JM now that he is a Brown and would like more than anybody to get right to it and not waste a season going with Hoyer just for the sake of it. That's dumb... If Manziel is ready, if he is the best QB on the roster, if the NFL is not too big for him, if he's one of the rare ones that can step right in and be successful- I'm all for it. BUT, that has yet to be determined.

The thing that I'm excited about it that I think we've found a guy that we can stick to for a long time. One that the fans and the city can love and support through the good times and the bad. That is the part I'm most excited about, consistency and building upon the foundation and seeing this budding franchise come to fruition... it's been a long time coming.

PG, this may have been your best post ever, I applaud you. (((())))

New here. Lifelong TEXAS LONGHORN. I joined this board just to say how much I hate the Manziel pick. Circus clown. This dude has Ryan Leaf written all over him. Little man is gonna get crushed against a disciplined, pro defense.

All the Johnny Football cocksuckers can suck it. Makes me wanna puke that all the cocksucking will be going on in Cleveland.

There. Makes perfect sense now. What a piece of sh!t.

For those of you that are skeptics (like me), watch some of the games on YouTube, or even just the highlights... What I missed, before the draft, was Manziel's overall athletic ability. It is truly impressive.

I am a fan of the "conventional" QB, which is why I was high on Bortles and Carr, and not-so-much on Manziel, but I have to admit it is exciting to see a guy with his athleticism joining our team... I hope everything works out.

After re-watching ALL the games the past 2 years when he was at A&M, there is no doubt in my mind he beats out Hoyer and starts for this team Day 1. He has 100% more playmaking abilities and can be the offensive spark we need... I hope I"m not seeing it with "Manziel-tinted" glasses now that he's on our team, and I hope ALL my pre-draft analysis was "narrow-minded," "incomplete," and just overall WRONG... wouldn't be the first time...

Go Browns!!

Exhibit A:

johnny.gif

zvCIGMQ.gif

You are one obtuse fuck. Do you really believe that Manziel chose the browns?! Manziel chose any team that would draft him in the first round. Who knows how many teams he texted, and he would've supported any team with open arms.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely has the right attitude but this Disney channel "he chose us!!" Horseshit is ridiculous

Archived