THE BROWNS BOARD

We Must Reject LGBTQ Craziness Becoming America's Accepted Nor

Just now, tiamat63 said:

To make this clear, you're pro-government regulation for a social issue. 

"Conservative" Indeed.    You need not explain further. 

Being conservative is not some title I wear like a badge. I really don't care on what side of liberal or conservative view of an issue I fall on. I am not locked into any ideology. If I agree with something I just don't care about any liberal or conservative ideology. It doesn't factor in at all it is just that most of my views fall on the conservative side...so be it.

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Being a Nazi is a political choice. And they probably want literal hate speech on their cake.

Your sexual orientation is not a choice. And they aren't asking for any hate speech on a cake

May 1, 2018 - A survivor of the June 2016 mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, that left 49 people dead now says he has found Christ and is ...
Jump to People who no longer support the ex-gay movement - Later he formed Zwischenraum, which helps gay Christians to accept their ...

Do People Change from Homosexuality? Hundreds of Stories of Hope ...

Here are links to hundreds of testimonies from former gay-identified men and ... attitudes, motives and feelings — are no longer dominated by homosexuality.

Why I Don't Call Myself Gay: How I Reclaimed My Sexual Reality and ...

Why I Don't Call Myself Gay: How I Reclaimed My Sexual Reality and Found Peace [Daniel ... Daniel Mattson once believed he was gay. ... No pun intended.

You Tube Sensation Antoine Dodson Claims He's No Longer Gay ...

You Tube Sensation Antoine Dodson Claims He's No Longer Gay! (Read Why). Robert Washington. Leave a comment. Antoine says the a intense study of the ...

Changed - #ONCEGAY STORIES

... often accompany the homosexual experience; and so our approach is sensitive. .... There is no more provocative testimony than that of men and women who ...

Santorum: I've met people who are no longer gay - POLITICO

Jul 23, 2015 - Rick Santorum and MSNBC host Rachel Maddow clashed over gay rights issues on her show Wednesday night, and the Republican ...

Celebrities Who Have Left a Gay Lifestyle — Joseph Nicolosi ...

May 22, 2016 - “Sheryl is just more proof that no one is born gay, it is a learned .... for publicly announcing that he no longer identified as a homosexual, and ...

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Being a Nazi is a political choice. And they probably want literal hate speech on their cake.

Your sexual orientation is not a choice. And they aren't asking for any hate speech on a cake

Speaking of hate speech bible verses are now considered by some to be hate speech. 

Bakeries Can Refuse Bible Verses But Not Gay Weddings, Colorado Decides

https://www.christianpost.com/news/bakeries-can-refuse-bible-verses-but-not-gay-weddings-colorado-decides.html

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Celebrities Who Have Left a Gay Lifestyle — Joseph Nicolosi ...

May 22, 2016 - “Sheryl is just more proof that no one is born gay, it is a learned .... for publicly announcing that he no longer identified as a homosexual, and ...

Woody whose god is science likes to throw around sexual preference is genetic and not a choice like it  is settled science..much like climate change..

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Speaking of hate speech bible verses are now considered by some to be hate speech. 

Bakeries Can Refuse Bible Verses But Not Gay Weddings, Colorado Decides

https://www.christianpost.com/news/bakeries-can-refuse-bible-verses-but-not-gay-weddings-colorado-decides.html

Because it 100% can be hate speech...

"I requested two cakes each in the shape of an open Bible. On the first cake I requested on one page, 'God hates sin — Psalm 45:7,' and on the facing page, 'Homosexuality is a detestable sin — Leviticus 18:22'," Jack explained.

That cake isn't being refused BECAUSE they're Christian. It's being refused because of what's on it.

Do you really not see the difference?

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yellow bellied Woodpecker | John James Audubon's Birds of America

The Yellow-bellied Woodpecker prefers the interior of the forest during spring and summer, seldom shewing itself near the habitations of man at those seasons.

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Woody whose god is science likes to throw around sexual preference is genetic and not a choice like it  is settled science..much like climate change..

Yes, speak to me about what the science actual says "Guy that thinks a man lived inside a whale".

Next I'm going to get some health tips from the most obese man in the world

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Yes, speak to me about what the science actual says "Guy that thinks a man lived inside a whale".

https://giant.gfycat.com/ExhaustedKindheartedAmericantoad.webm

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah but I don't pretend to be the "science guy"...aren't you being factually incorrect to say homosexuality is not a choice without actual scientific proof. Just trying to nail you down for accuracy. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Religion is an ideology...

i·de·ol·o·gy
/ˌīdēˈäləjē,ˌidēˈäləjē/
noun
noun: ideology; plural noun: ideologies
  1. 1.
    a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
    "the ideology of republicanism"

b02e7a9def7fcf7d1b73fd2091c651e0--bugs-a

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Because it 100% can be hate speech...

"I requested two cakes each in the shape of an open Bible. On the first cake I requested on one page, 'God hates sin — Psalm 45:7,' and on the facing page, 'Homosexuality is a detestable sin — Leviticus 18:22'," Jack explained.

That cake isn't being refused BECAUSE they're Christian. It's being refused because of what's on it.

Do you really not see the difference?

So I have shown that at least part of the bible is now considered hate speech. Where do you think that road is going to go in the future? Will ministers get charged with hate speech for merely saying what the bible says? 

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

So I have shown that at least part of the bible is now considered hate speech. Where do you think that road is going to go in the future? Will ministers get charged with hate speech for merely saying what the bible says? 

If the Bible says hate speech.... Yeah.

If there's a passage in the Bible calling for the discrimination of a person because of something they can't control. Yeah

And do you not really understand how going into a bakery and asking for that to be put on a cake is completely different than refusing service to gays?

I realize Christians really really want to try and look like victims but God damn

Just now, MLD Woody said:

The point being you're 100% locked into an ideology ... Christianity 

And I would not disagree with that but I am not anti science either. I thank God for all the scientific discoveries that have improved our lives. As I posted before there are many scientists who are people of faith.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If the Bible says hate speech.... Yeah.

If there's a passage in the Bible calling for the discrimination of a person because of something they can't control. Yeah

And do you not really understand how going into a bakery and asking for that to be put on a cake is completely different than refusing service to gays?

I realize Christians really really want to try and look like victims but God damn

The goal should be fairness. I do not support gay marriage but it is the law of the land and the Christian clerk in Ky was wrong not to issue gay marriage licenses (although she quickly went to jail for violating federal law while leaders in sanctuary cities violate federal law without any penalty). There is such a thing as making accommodations for religious freedom. The Ky clerk didn't like the idea of having her name on a gay marriage licence and fortunately for her a republican governor made a small accommodation for her and removed her name from the licenses. Many of these issues can be worked out trying to be fair to all parties.

14 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And I would not disagree with that but I am not anti science either. I thank God for all the scientific discoveries that have improved our lives. As I posted before there are many scientists who are people of faith.

If you reject science any time it contradicts a story in the Bible you take literally than yes, you are anti science. You can defer to anything you think is "scientific evidence" supporting your view in one breathe and then realistically believe the entire Earth flooded for 40 days in another. 

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The goal should be fairness. I do not support gay marriage but it is the law of the land and the Christian clerk in Ky was wrong not to issue gay marriage licenses (although she quickly went to jail for violating federal law while leaders in sanctuary cities violate federal law without any penalty). There is such a thing as making accommodations for religious freedom. The Ky clerk didn't like the idea of having her name on a gay marriage licence and fortunately for her a republican governor made a small accommodation for her and removed her name from the licenses. Many of these issues can be worked out trying to be fair to all parties.

But what you consider "fairness" on the Christian side is your ability to continue to discriminate against someone for their sexual orientation

55 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

May 1, 2018 - A survivor of the June 2016 mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, that left 49 people dead now says he has found Christ and is ...
Jump to People who no longer support the ex-gay movement - Later he formed Zwischenraum, which helps gay Christians to accept their ...

Did you even read the bottom part of that?

No. I know you didn't.