THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus as political weapon

HELDMAN: I actually think this is a very good opening for Democrats.

Democrat strategist Caroline Heldmans exact words on CNN.  These people are fucking sick, don't know how else to put it. I need Cals help on this one.

Anyway Limbaugh went ballistic:

When the Drive-By Media — and they know who they are — talk about this is an opening for the Democrats? An opening for the Democrats to do what? You mean a calamitous, potential pandemic is an opening for the Democrats? Like Hurricane Katrina, which did great damage to New Orleans, was an opening for the Democrats. Is that how we want to see the Democrats? The Democrats prosper when people suffer, when people are sick, when there is damage going on to the economy, that’s when the Democrats suffer?

it's the same, basically, as wanting illegals committing crimes here, serious crimes, then continually letting them go to commit more crimes, defending antifa violence, anything that destroys the status quo of Real America - they want it.

"let no crisis go to waste". They want that unlimited power so badly, and want it permanently.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/the_squad_opposes_anti_terrorist_amendment

https://www.redstate.com/jeffc/2020/03/07/‘the-squad’-opposes-amendment-preventing-tsa-from-hiring-sex-offenders-and-terrorists/

‘The Squad’ Opposes Amendment Preventing TSA From Hiring Sex Offenders and Terrorists

Posted at 10:00 pm on March 7, 2020 by Jeff Charles

12 hours ago, Axe said:

A lot of suppliers are warning of "extreme" shortages in the near future.  The Dems need to crash the economy some way, some how.

They get plenty of help by doing and saying absolutely nothing. Trump is a fountain of misinformation that has been totally 180 degrees opposite from the experts right there at the podium with him. The problem is when you have the little boy who cried wolf trying to address a real problem with misinformation, he has zero credibility. Remember his experts saying this was going to spread while he is saying the 15 cases were going down to zero? Ignorance can no longer be an excuse for just plain moronic while he tries to tell you he is smart enough to be a scientist because he had an uncle who was a professor.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They get plenty of help by doing and saying absolutely nothing. Trump is a fountain of misinformation that has been totally 180 degrees opposite from the experts right there at the podium with him. The problem is when you have the little boy who cried wolf trying to address a real problem with misinformation, he has zero credibility. Remember his experts saying this was going to spread while he is saying the 15 cases were going down to zero? Ignorance can no longer be an excuse for just plain moronic while he tries to tell you he is smart enough to be a scientist because he had an uncle who was a professor.

Trump issued a travel ban from China early on while those on the left like Joe Biden criticized him for over reacting and being racist. These are the same ones who are complaining now he is not doing enough and minimizing the virus. Biden accused Trump of fear mongering only weeks ago over the travel ban. Now he is being accused of downplaying the coronavirus. Which is it? It doesn't matter he is going to be criticized regardless of anything he does. What he has been doing is trying to reduce panic while having the CDC experts attack the coronavirus aggressively.

This is all political with those on the left trying to do to Trump what they did with Bush by making the response to hurricane Katrina all Bush's fault. It is not going to work this time. Trump fights back, Bush did and said nothing but allowed himself to be a human punching bag.

The DOW is tanking again this morning which probably makes those with TDS happy who have been hoping for a recession before the election.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/msnbc-host-is-excited-to-speculate-whether-coronavirus-outbreak-is-trumps-katrina

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/25/rooting-recession/

https://nypost.com/2020/03/01/criticisms-of-trumps-coronavirus-response-are-sickening-devine/

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I listened to the experts with him - they are on the same, king tex liar. did you measure that with a protractor with your eyes closed?

Your rants make you the "boy who cried wolf"

and "going to spread" is a separate issue from "going to get down to zero". completely different issues. You never back up anything you vent with facts. You are the primary emotional knee-jerkie fiend on the forum.

19 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I totally forgot about this...probably due to lack of MSM & Lib outrage.

F3095ED4-CA28-4FD3-A00C-3447A2056598.png

RRRRIIIIIGGGHHHHTTT.  All those Wall Street traders have it in for poor widdle Donald. Monkey see, monkey do. Monkey sell, monkey sell. I agree with Mr. Krugman- herd mentality. All the news outlets are just reporting what's going on. Can't wait for Trump to call it "fake news". Just fair and balanced from my POV that Trump has taken every available opportunity to make political hay at the expense of the Democrats, but now insinuation (just Limbaugh bluster) the the Democrats are doing the same?  How unkind. 

How's your 401s doing today MAGAs? :D But gas prices are going down!!! Nice way to put lipstick on the economic pig Mr. Trump.  

Every Economist with two communicating neurons has long been saying we were years overdue for a market correction- and our virus just kicked it off. 

That said, with my 40 years of experience in the medical profession- MHO is yeah, the response is way overblown, it's being treated like this is an outbreak of bubonic plague or Ebola. Speaking of Ebola, that's the difference- it's killed more people than corona, but it's been in the backwaters of Africa, not developed countries- hence the media panic (in some quarters). It's not like if you get corona virus it's going to be instant death. One guy they have in medical lockup in Nebraska said in an interview his symptoms were about a 2 on a 10 scale.  This is a far cry from the 1918 Spanish flu outbreak that killed millions of people- fast forward that to now, and media reaction would be it's the sign of the End Times.....   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

RRRRIIIIIGGGHHHHTTT.  All those Wall Street traders have it in for poor widdle Donald. Monkey see, monkey do. Monkey sell, monkey sell. I agree with Mr. Krugman- herd mentality. All the news outlets are just reporting what's going on. Can't wait for Trump to call it "fake news". Just fair and balanced from my POV that Trump has taken every available opportunity to make political hay at the expense of the Democrats, but now insinuation (just Limbaugh bluster) the the Democrats are doing the same?  How unkind. 

How's your 401s doing today MAGAs? :D But gas prices are going down!!! Nice way to put lipstick on the economic pig Mr. Trump.  

Every Economist with two communicating neurons has long been saying we were years overdue for a market correction- and our virus just kicked it off. 

That said, with my 40 years of experience in the medical profession- MHO is yeah, the response is way overblown, it's being treated like this is an outbreak of bubonic plague or Ebola. Speaking of Ebola, that's the difference- it's killed more people than corona, but it's been in the backwaters of Africa, not developed countries- hence the media panic (in some quarters). It's not like if you get corona virus it's going to be instant death. One guy they have in medical lockup in Nebraska said in an interview his symptoms were about a 2 on a 10 scale.  This is a far cry from the 1918 Spanish flu outbreak that killed millions of people- fast forward that to now, and media reaction would be it's the sign of the End Times.....   

The democrats are accusing Trump of downplaying the coronavirus. Trump has been trying to do exactly as you say in your last paragraph. He is trying to put the coronavirus into perspective in how it relates to the normal flu which has been much more deadly to date than the coronavirus. The panic driving the market right now is not because of Trump. He hasn't been the one peddling the fear. Trump has handled the coronavirus threat as well as anyone could possibly expect thus far. Trying to stop the spread of this virus is very difficult because people can have the virus for days and be spreading it to others while having no symptoms themselves. The worst part of the coronavirus is how easily it spreads.

Krugman is the worst economist on the planet but he is right about the herd mentality proving that even a broken clock has the correct time twice a day. Krugman predicted the economy would tank immediately after Trump took office but the tax cuts and cutting govt regulations made the economy and stock market  boom under Trump. I would not lay the fault of the drop in the dow to anything Trump has done but it is a world wide panic driving the markets.

16 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Why am I not surprised? With Rahm "the bomb" doing the talking?  Oh, I get it- you just cant underestimate the right wing Democrats hatred of Trump.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

How's your 401s doing today MAGAs? :D 

IRA’s and 401k’s are taking a beating lately.

Guess what happens to the market after after a good drubbing?

That’s right...it goes back up.

If I didn’t just buy another home, I’d be prepping to buy a bunch of stock.

After all, it’s about timing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Why am I not surprised? With Rahm "the bomb" doing the talking?  Oh, I get it- you just cant underestimate the right wing Democrats hatred of Trump.  

Actually that is our MSM using Rahm's old play book.

Right wing democrat? They are extinct with the dinosaurs. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Axe said:

A lot of suppliers are warning of "extreme" shortages in the near future.  The Dems need to crash the economy some way, some how.

This (LA) isn't even ground zero in the US.

Have l already had shortages here a week ago due to the panic caused by :

image.png.26193a6a0de34dc1759fd2b3b55ca459.png

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

IRA’s and 401k’s are taking a beating lately.

Guess what happens to the market after after a good drubbing?

That’s right...it goes back up.

If I didn’t just buy another home, I’d be prepping to buy a bunch of stock.

After all, it’s about timing.

Hoorta might have been right about the market needing a correction but my concern in getting into the market right now is you don't know how much further the dow will fall. With the collapse of gas prices there is likely going to be some gas companies failing in the United States. This is something Russia wants to see happen and is helping to happen.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

This (LA) isn't even ground zero in the US.

Have l already had shortages here a week ago due to the panic caused by :

The shortages I referred to were largely in the construction and tooling areas tho there are many other areas where China is a huge supplier in that will feel the hurt do to circumstances in China.. Let's hope this leads to the end of China essentially monopolizing manufacturing.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

The shortages I referred to were largely in the construction and tooling areas tho there are many other areas where China is a huge supplier in that will feel the hurt do to circumstances in China.. Let's hope this leads to the end of China essentially monopolizing manufacturing.

China is shut down, nobody's working, and nothing is being shipped.

Folks are going too be surprised how much manufacting/jobs were shipped overseas the last few decades.

95% of our Antibiotics come from China, as well as a vast amount of other Pharma.

Construction supplies ?

Yep - Dry Wall comes to mind right off, and there are countless others.

This is a wake up call for a lot of People.

This is a huge National Security issue as well.

44 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

China is shut down, nobody's working, and nothing is being shipped.

As someone who works for a company that sends a few different finished lines of product to China (and we ship on heat treated skids) I can tell you that is completely inaccurate. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

As someone who works for a company that sends a few different finished lines of product to China (and we ship on heat treated skids) I can tell you that is completely inaccurate. 

Not the article I saw earlier :

image.png.7211eaffbad8b299abdbb6533c661687.png

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-autos-parts/as-one-of-chinas-detroits-reopens-worlds-automakers-worry-about-disruptions-idUSKBN20V14J

image.png.8059d12c6e4345dbec2febe056c120aa.png

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-03-07/la-fi-coronavirus-ports-california-economy

It looks like some may be coming back online now, but they were shut down a day or so ago.

It's best they do get going as we're dependent on them now for many things (something that needs to change).

Here are some stats of the ages it affects from Newsmax. If you are under 40 you're pretty safe. Doesn't even hit kids around 9 and under. If you are 70 or older just open your best old bottle of wine like I did and enjoy it now. 2001 Grgich Hills Cabernet Sauvignon.😋🍷

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/coronavirus-kill-senior-citizens/2020/03/09/id/957522/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM95997_03092020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010135hgigw6

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Hoorta might have been right about the market needing a correction but my concern in getting into the market right now is you don't know how much further the dow will fall. With the collapse of gas prices there is likely going to be some gas companies failing in the United States. This is something Russia wants to see happen and is helping to happen.

I was so sure that a market correction would fall some time this year that months ago I cashed out enough from the stock market not only for 2019, but for 2020 as well to cover my MRDs (minimum required distributions) in all IRAs. The virus/oil war going on just gave it the excuse it needed to go ahead and correct.

And even though I see Trump as a con artist clown, I am not happy with the reactionary panic that has hit the market. I do not like to see anyone who saved like hell to retire with IRAs to have it hit hard by a panic downturn. Hopefully the virus will calm down to recover enough for people to do what I did, get money out at better prices to last a couple of years. Because the way the Spanish flu worked is that it did play out over the summer of 1918 and then hit with a vengeance starting Oct 1918 through much of 1919. I did hear a report that Shanghai is returning to normal already BTW.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was so sure that a market correction would fall some time this year that months ago I cashed out enough from the stock market not only for 2019, but for 2020 as well to cover my MRDs (minimum required distributions) in all IRAs. The virus/oil war going on just gave it the excuse it needed to go ahead and correct.

And even though I see Trump as a con artist clown, I am not happy with the reactionary panic that has hit the market. I do not like to see anyone who saved like hell to retire with IRAs to have it hit hard by a panic downturn. Hopefully the virus will calm down to recover enough for people to do what I did, get money out at better prices to last a couple of years. Because the way the Spanish flu worked is that it did play out over the summer of 1918 and then hit with a vengeance starting Oct 1918 through much of 1919. I did hear a report that Shanghai is returning to normal already BTW.

Looks like a real mess in Italy

BREAKING: Italy Locks Down Entire Country Over Coronavirus Outbreak

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-italy-locks-down-entire-country-over-coronavirus-outbreak