THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus as political weapon

so, China makes 90% of our pharmaceuticals??? 

who the hell decided that was a good idea?

answer: the ones who got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off China.

just sickening.

after that threat - why even trade with China at all?

what a clusterfook. Time to ramp up our pill production right HERE in our

Good Old U.S.A.

Global  ignoble.

4 hours ago, Axe said:

I blame this shit on Contrails :P

Actually, my Doc friend has been on top of this. Sorry conspiracy theorists about the viral lab. Call it......  

THE REVENGE OF THE PANGOLINS

Image result for pangolins image

You never heard of them until now?   Well, listen up. 

Pangolin scales are made of keratin, the same material that makes up fingernails, hair, and horn. Pangolin scales, like rhino horn, have no proven medicinal value, yet they are used in traditional Chinese medicine to help with ailments ranging from lactation difficulties to arthritis. And the critters happen to be tasty, if that's your thing.....  

Per the Doc.... Actually I've googled and obtained info for weeks from numerous varied sources, and it's clear that the virus originated in the wild animals sold illegally in that certain Wuhan wet market (live animal market), and highly probable is that it came from the pangolins, whose coronaviruses have a 99% match with the new human coronavirus.  The pangolin scales (I think for supposed medicinal uses) and meat is valued highly in China so live pangolins are smuggled into China and smuggled into the wet markets.

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Some of these clips....did not age well.

Like I've said, targeting demographics and little else.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1238261240759271429?s=12

There is always an other side to a story. You had liberal media telling us to calm down during Ebola. (and there is much more MSM media vs Fox)

Much of the MSM were saying we shouldn't be fearful during Ebola. I saw a similar video with the roles reversed yesterday how the MSM was telling us to calm down and not to panic or fear during  Ebola.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/twice-as-many-americans-believe-in-witches-as-are-afraid-of-ebola/381682/

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There is always an other side to a story. You had liberal media telling us to calm down during Ebola. (and there is much more MSM media vs Fox)

Much of the MSM were saying we shouldn't be fearful during Ebola. I saw a similar video with the roles reversed yesterday how the MSM was telling us to calm down and not to panic or fear during  Ebola.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/twice-as-many-americans-believe-in-witches-as-are-afraid-of-ebola/381682/

That's the point. In case it sailed gently over your head.

19 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

OK....that might have been the point you were making but not the point the video was making..

The point the video is making is the same as mine.  The level of uurgency, care and ultimately the blame - depends entirely on who is in the White House.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The point the video is making is the same as mine.  The level of uurgency, care and ultimately the blame - depends entirely on who is in the White House.

I don't believe obaMao commie was said to be responsible for ebola. the msm gave him a pass on every fricking failure of his.

Pres Trump has been blamed for everything the left can think of. Not very persuasive when when an edited clip of Fox News shows up on twiiter. I mean, really.... like blaming Bush for Katrina.

it's just gutter leftist politics, hatemongering and just not according to hoyle.

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

‘Barack Ebola’ — Fox News freaked out over Ebola under Obama in 2014, but is defending Trump and shrugging off the coronavirus in 2020

>>>>>>>>>>>

that is the header of the video. It is pointing out what they are saying is a double standard. You are adding it depends upon who is in the White House (which I don't disagree with). But that is not in the description of the video

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Both sides will spin it to best fit their agenda. 

So don't just fall in to listening to one side

(tho I do love the idea that fox gets a pass because there is "more msm", or that fox isn't mainstream to begin with)

You are a math kind of guy Woody. Do the math here. One cable news station that leans right (Fox) vs ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and  CNN that lean left. One side has an advantage? Of course it does. No pass is being given just the numerical advantage is being pointed out.

11 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You are a math kind of guy Woody. Do the math here. One cable news station that leans right (Fox) vs ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and  CNN that lean left. One side has an advantage? Of course it does. No pass is being given just the numerical advantage is being pointed out.

Worse - I've never seen a president be attacked, falsely - with malice - because one side lost a pivotal election. The dems' corruption drove us to a critical turning point after eight years of corrupt obaMao garbage, 

then, when they could have had it all - they lost most of it. so they attacked - went on the offensive as a way of defending what they had done.

There is zero honor in the dem hater party. Fox News is one of ....well...maybe the only news network that defends Pres Trump - as compared to all the rest who distort/lie/invent/slander Pres Trump no matter what/when/how he does anything at all.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Yes but we've also seen any news coverage that isn't all roses about Trump called liberal, left leaning, MSM, etc

That's nonsense

ABC isn't MSNBC

You can't just group all of the non Fox stations together and then essentially cry about being a victim

Not to mention cable news is becoming increasingly less and less important

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes but we've also seen any news coverage that isn't all roses about Trump called liberal, left leaning, MSM, etc

That's nonsense

ABC isn't MSNBC

You can't just group all of the non Fox stations together and then essentially cry about being a victim

Not to mention cable news is becoming increasingly less and less important

See my above post about the nightly news which ABC is one:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/01/29/evening-news-spin-100-negative-trump-defense-95-positive-dems

• Upvote 1

Spain has declared state of emergency. I think they should have done it earlier. Italy is 7 weeks ahead of us in active cases (had our numbers last week) and shutdown the country 3 days ago. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

China hints at denying Americans life-saving coronavirus drugs

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-deny-americans-coronavirus-drugs

We need to fix this problem of being forced to rely on China. 

Yes we should. How about we provide American Drug manufacturers with immunity from lawsuits? They're probably go a long way toward a rebound?

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes we should. How about we provide American Drug manufacturers with immunity from lawsuits? They're probably go a long way toward a rebound?

WSS

The ambulance chasing attorneys are also  big donors to the democrats so you can count on the democrats fighting any limiting of filing lawsuits.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2019/07/lawyers-bankroll-2020-democrats-q219/

• Upvote 1

Trump got it right with European travel ban:

WHO: Europe is Now Coronavirus Epicenter

The World Health Organization said that more new cases are being reported each day than when China was at the height of its COVID-19 epidemic.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2020-03-13/who-europe-overtakes-china-as-the-coronavirus-epicenter

I still say the EU has caused this problem - unrestricted travel to member countries.

just stupid.

Freedom of travel - EU

https://europarlamentti.info/en/European-union/significance-of-the-EU/freedom-of-travel

EU citizens – meaning the citizens of every EU member state – are free to travel in all other member states. The countries that have signed the Schengen Agreement do not have border checks between the signatory countries. No visa is necessary inside the Schengen Area. There is …

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I still say the EU has caused this problem - unrestricted travel to member countries.

just stupid.

Freedom of travel - EU

https://europarlamentti.info/en/European-union/significance-of-the-EU/freedom-of-travel

EU citizens – meaning the citizens of every EU member state – are free to travel in all other member states. The countries that have signed the Schengen Agreement do not have border checks between the signatory countries. No visa is necessary inside the Schengen Area. There is …

I say that if it is stupid to have 447 million of europeans free to travel between its borders it also is having 327 million US citizens free to travel between states. 

In a globalized world, you're saying that a virus was spread from China using Europe as a midway to get to the US, instead of going directly to US, which has a shorter travel length? 

I'm not going to say that they shouldn't have checked more thoroughly the borders and flights earlier, but you can't control this disease or blame everybody else. Probably it has travelled a long way between asymptomatic people thus not creating an alarm. That is what is so uncontrollable about this virus. 

So let's get to work and try to get rid of it instead of trying to find scapegoats. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I say that if it is stupid to have 447 million of europeans free to travel between its borders it also is having 327 million US citizens free to travel between states. 

In a globalized world, you're saying that a virus was spread from China using Europe as a midway to get to the US, instead of going directly to US, which has a shorter travel length? 

I'm not going to say that they shouldn't have checked more thoroughly the borders and flights earlier, but you can't control this disease or blame everybody else. Probably it has travelled a long way between asymptomatic people thus not creating an alarm. That is what is so uncontrollable about this virus. 

So let's get to work and try to get rid of it instead of trying to find scapegoats. 

I get your point - however - read the article - they don't need passports - nothing. they closed the border checkpoints.

no control, anything goes. That scared and infuriated Britain - and for other reasons as well, they got the heck OUT.

I'm not scapegoating, just trying to understand. What I said was fact. Your own country, Spain is one of the countries where calls have been made by some officials to follow Britain out of the EU. The EU got power hungry, not just economically, but also immigration, as one country - and now has been talking about having an EU army?

The Brits NEVER signed up for that.

Check THIS out:

China welcomes EU's agreement against travel ban | Nation ...

China welcomes EU's agreement against travel ban. By Xinhua. Friday, February 14, 2020, 22:57 By Xinhua. BEIJING — China welcomes an agreement reached by EU health ministers that they see no need to ban Chinese travelers from entering the Schengen area, …

and here is a map of other countries where calls from officials have been made to leave the EU.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Sounds reasonable...

... but then I can't blame the other political party, so I'll have to ignore your reasoning.

(Yes, it's practically the exact same thing as traveling between the states. But it's not important for conservatives in our country to defend Brexit as much as they can I guess)