THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus as political weapon

29 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

HG Wells "I created a panic across the United States with a radio broadcast!"
World media: "Hold my beer."

😷😷😷😷😷

WSS

That is a great analogy. The war of the worlds radio broadcast in 1938 that made all the people scared and panicked that the martians were invading.

Today instead of a  radio broadcast we have the 24/7 cable news primarily fueling the coronavirus fear and panic.

• Thanks 1

even with only the flu - if a bad flu hits - you be careful, if a bad flu is spreading - you just try to limit going out much for a week or two.

I believe the panic is not only caused by the media - here - for political anti-Pres Trump reasons. They have admitted they would love another "Katrina".

The left's political behavior can't get much lower or much more corrupt...only more violent, and that has already happened here and there.

It is also caused by socialized medicine letting this outbreak get way out of hand, and letting it spread all around the world.

It isn't only a flu. A flu virus can last something like 4 to 9 hrs on a doorknob, etc. This corovid19 can last up to two weeks.

I would suggest, that logically, a biolab would engineer a developmental virus to last a lot longer wherever it lands.

It doesn't take much imagination to figure a very dangerous bioweapon virus could spread far quicker, far deadlier.

But panic doesn't help any individual, nor does it help a group of people. Fighting over toilet paper?

seriously? that is just sad.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

All the democrats care about is power. The good of the country comes second to that. They have a big weapon with their MSM media allies who push their narratives. I am glad we have some alternative media like the above video but the left has more media and it will be an uphill fight as the democrats try to make the coronavirus Donald Trump's hurricane Katrina.

• Upvote 1

Fake news.Just making things up. 

Fake News: Daily Mail Claims Trump ‘Storms’ Out of Wuhan Virus Briefing, but the Video Shows No Such Thing

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/03/10/fake-news-daily-mail-claims-trump-storms-out-of-wuhan-virus-briefing-but-the-video-shows-no-such-thing/

In that video they said "donald trump is incapable of telling the truth about the coronavirus" 

The hilarious thing is that in his own clownish way he IS telling the truth. It's the doomcriers who are deliberately reporting information based on...incomplete data... AT BEST blatantly misleading people about the severity of it. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

it's always interesting to see what is an emergency and what isn't an emergency based on the political party giving the information and the agenda they'd like to push

Woody- I honestly believe it wouldn't matter if Obama or another Democrat was in the White House- the media hysteria would be the same.... 

OMG- a few thousand people are sick. What we do know is it's contagious, and some people are going to get really sick. There's going to be a lot more cases. I'm willing to bet more people will get killed by flu this year than corona virus. 

28 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Woody- I honestly believe it wouldn't matter if Obama or another Democrat was in the White House- the media hysteria would be the same.... 

OMG- a few thousand people are sick. What we do know is it's contagious, and some people are going to get really sick. There's going to be a lot more cases. I'm willing to bet more people will get killed by flu this year than corona virus. 

Oh for sure. The media wants the views and the clicks. 

I'm talking more about politicians and their talking heads

50 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Great Cal- I have at least a couple month's worth of toilet paper on hand. :D 

"The CDC defines "higher risk" people as older adults and those with serious chronic medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease.

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, emphasized during a telebriefing Monday that the risk increases as a person gets older."

Ditto that for anyone with increased risk of flu complications.   

FWIW, I totally agree with Dr. Drew that this is a cause for concern, but not outright terror.  Also that the media is guilty of inducing a panic.  But OTOH, it's a stretch to say this is all a deliberate attempt by CNN and their ilk to take down Trump. Are they hoping it does? Of course. Stay tuned as the cases certainly start to multiply.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Great Cal- I have at least a couple month's worth of toilet paper on hand. :D 

"The CDC defines "higher risk" people as older adults and those with serious chronic medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease.

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, emphasized during a telebriefing Monday that the risk increases as a person gets older."

Ditto that for anyone with increased risk of flu complications.   

FWIW, I totally agree with Dr. Drew that this is a cause for concern, but not outright terror.  Also that the media is guilty of inducing a panic.  But OTOH, it's a stretch to say this is all a deliberate attempt by CNN and their ilk to take down Trump. Are they hoping it does? Of course. Stay tuned as the cases certainly start to multiply.  

One of the reasons China has had so many deaths (other than having 5x our Pop), is their Pollution - it's probably worse than smoking (another high risk factor).

image.png.bc0bdc1968902f2d289d2b588f4df49a.png

On the right is when things had been locked down (still are a bit).

I've seen older pics of people in China wearing Masks just because of the Pollution levels.

This is in response to the Corona Virus :

image.png.2a1c002abef497998ac9e4f63b3bd4f4.png

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/10/trump-pitched-0percent-payroll-tax-rate-for-the-rest-of-this-year-white-house-officials-say.html

He's been working for three years to get a Payroll Tax cut, and now the DS in perpetrating this hysteria has just granted him the means to do it.

There have also been a few other "counters" to their latest maneuver.

🤣

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Maybe...but do you remember this level of hysteria over H1-N1 (swine flu). Originating in Mexico it affected over 700 million. I don't. It certainly was reported, a lot, but in more in a conservative, civil tone.

And it does matter the political affiliation. The swine flu epidemic was never used as a political weapon against Obama....even though he himself was swine.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gorka said:

Maybe...but do you remember this level of hysteria over H1-N1 (swine flu). Originating in Mexico it affected over 700 million. I don't. It certainly was reported, a lot, but in more in a conservative, civil tone.

And it does matter the political affiliation. The swine flu epidemic was never used as a political weapon against Obama....even though he himself was swine.

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Woody- I honestly believe it wouldn't matter if Obama or another Democrat was in the White House- the media hysteria would be the same.... 

Did any of the other so called world ending epidemic receive this kind of attention or panic?

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:
  20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Woody- I honestly believe it wouldn't matter if Obama or another Democrat was in the White House- the media hysteria would be the same.... 

Did any of the other so cold world ending epidemic receive this kind of attention or panic?

WSS

Nope. But that doesn't mean that  this is some sort of  left wing media plot to take  down  Trump. 

Stay tuned, March Madness  is coming up.  Unless Dewine shuts  it down,  I'm  planning on  coming up to  Cleveland to see the Flyers play.

Seems like the CDC wants to prevent  deaths  at any and all  costs. The costs  to CBS and the NCAA are probably  around  a half  trillion to shut  the tournament down.  The Ivy league already  canceled theirs. 

Until  we have a good  handle on  what the fatality rate is, my doc friend suggests erring on the  side of caution.  One infected  person infects 10 others, and so on, you are going to  have a pandemic.  Just a question of how  many deaths we want to  consider "acceptable". 

My issue is  even  with these extreme measures,  the virus isn't  going to magically disappear.