THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus as political weapon

26 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

And thank Christ for that.

Think what you're seeing now is panic?  Imagine if the President had it or succumbs to it?!?     Unreal levels of idiocy then.

He's definitely in the affected demographic (and practically every other politician).

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Think what you're seeing now is panic?  Imagine if the President had it or succumbs to it?!?     Unreal levels of idiocy then.

Panic from Trump voters absolutely because the only hope for America is at the age where Corona is the most deadly.

Jubilation from the left because all other attempts to bring him down had failed....if it means he has spread the virus, so be it.

And don't you think for a second that the majority on your side wouldn't want to see Trump dead at the hands of this virus.

5 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Panic from Trump voters absolutely because the only hope for America is at the age where Corona is the most deadly.

Jubilation from the left because all other attempts to bring him down had failed....if it means he has spread the virus, so be it.

And don't you think for a second that the majority on your side wouldn't want to see Trump dead at the hands of this virus.

LOL.  "My side"  

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

He's definitely in the affected demographic (and practically every other politician).

I'd say of the three (Trump, Biden and Sanders) Trump is the most healthy even though he is fat.  Sanders would be highest risk since he recently had a heart attack, and Biden obviously has at minimum dementia.

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

LOL.  "My side"  

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"the only hope for America"?   .... haha

LOL...those remarks in my post gave you guys an out.

If not for those two remarks in my post intended to push your buttons, there would be nothing else in that post you could refute.

Right?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Gorka said:

LOL...those remarks in my post gave you guys an out.

If not for those two remarks in my post intended to push your buttons, there would be nothing else in that post you could refute.

Right?

Im sorry, I don't speak 'bitch troll'.

Get at me in adult, modern English or better yet, write it all down and holla at me during the BB Draft Tailgate in Cleveland next year.     

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Actually I think people will get bored with this pretty soon especially after more people contract the disease and get over it as easily as they get over a cold. Which they probably have by the hundreds already it's just that wasn't diagnosed as this particular strain.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually I think people will get bored with this pretty soon especially after more people contract the disease and get over it as easily as they get over a cold. Which they probably have by the hundreds already it's just that wasn't diagnosed as this particular strain.

WSS

Or better yet, we posthumously test and find out some of the dead the past few months were corona positive.   Thus explaining the exceptionally bad flu season and that transmissions rates have been steadily climbing all in silence? 

Bored is what kids get with new toys.   Seeing countries infection rates double in days and death rates climb 25% in 36 hours?  Bored isn't the word I would use.

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Or better yet, we posthumously test and find out some of the dead the past few months were corona positive.   Thus explaining the exceptionally bad flu season and that transmissions rates have been steadily climbing all in silence? 

Bored is what kids get with new toys.   Seeing countries infection rates double in days and death rates climb 25% in 36 hours?  Bored isn't the word I would use.

As you wish it will remain a Hot Topic as long as the news media is making a buck from it. People go from panic mode to "hey I can't go to the show? This is too much of a pain in the ass."

But I suppose everybody can set their own level of isolation based upon their own level of fear.

Just curious, are you taking any precautions you weren't taking a week ago?

WSS

edit

Just now, Westside Steve said:

As you wish. It were made of Hot Topic as long as the news media is making a buck from it. People go from panic mode to hey I can't go to the show? This is too much of a pain in the ass.

But I suppose everybody can set their own level of isolation based upon their own level of fear.

Just curious, are you taking any precautions you weren't taking a week ago?

WSS

I've always been a handwasher, so no real issue there.   And I've always been rather cleanly, I wipe down my computer, keyboard and phone at the end of the day.  Especially my work phone, that can get passed around quite a bit.   

Precautions? Bought an extra weeks worth of food, I'm going to start with the "social distancing" thing, working from home twice a week.  Sadly going to avoid the gym.  But I have a dumb bell set, bands, bars, weight vest and know where I can tire flip in complete solitude.  Wanted to go to the movies and the bar last night, decided against that for now.  My company is attempting to limit unnecessary interactivity for a few weeks.   Office staff that can work from home will,  we've shifted up the floor environment for the manufacturing parts.   Shipping has told all delivery drivers to stay in their trucks during the duration of loads/unloads.   

Yeah, I'm personally and professionally doing things a bit differently.    

Well, I keep seeing the bright side in all this corona stuff. The silver lining is there, you betcha.

and that is..

if a far, far,far more dangerous virus escapes from somewhere - we will be better trained and equipped to STOP IT.

I guess this virus wasn't a development stage engineered biogerm, or we would have known about that already.

maybe.............

12 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

LOL! I have already predicted that the long lines of hoarders at grocers and pharmacies will calm down in 2-3 weeks when they all realize they have too much shit already. Just going on a normal trip this morning the lines were tolerable to get a few things I needed to cook my homemade green beans & hamburger helper for the grandkids who love that stuff. Picked up a 3 Bar Dial soap because the hoarders don't know that surgeons recommend a full body wash the morning of surgery for patients coming in for a procedure. That is the best anti virus/anti-bacterial stuff you can use as soon as you get home from "hostile territory". Hand sanitizers are actually minimally effective compared with a 1/2 minute of Dial soap.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! I have already predicted that the long lines of hoarders at grocers and pharmacies will calm down in 2-3 weeks when they all realize they have too much shit already. Just going on a normal trip this morning the lines were tolerable to get a few things I needed to cook my homemade green beans & hamburger helper for the grandkids who love that stuff. Picked up a 3 Bar Dial soap because the hoarders don't know that surgeons recommended a full body was the morning of surgery for patients coming in for a procedure. That is the best anti virus/anti-bacterial stuff you can use as soon as you get home from "hostile territory". Hand sanitizers are actually minimally effective compared with a 1/2 minute of Dial soap.

Me and the wife went shopping this morning at Giant Eagle.  No toilet paper at all.  No crowds either.  Just have to start collecting old leaves in t he back yard.

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

More to the point, I don't need to see any of you old assholes dead until the Brownies win a Superbowl.

After that? The good lord can call any one of us home and I'll bet we'd all be at peace with it.  

Stay safe.

I'm with you on the Super Bowl. Meaning I might have to live forever... I'm good with that.

A cute and illustrative anecdote is I heard from some friends of ours he said they couldn't make the Saint Patrick's Day show because they were worried about the virus. But they made sure to invite me to their home after the show, meeting after I'd been in the room shaking hands with huggie doesn't those people at the pub.

One extra precaution that had not occurred to me though I lift the toilet seat in a public bathroom with my foot and flush the toilet with my foot I always wash my hands but the wife pointed out the touching the bathroom door on the way out sort of overrides all of that shit.

WSS

4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Me and the wife went shopping this morning at Giant Eagle.  No toilet paper at all.  No crowds either.  Just have to start collecting old leaves in t he back yard.

we have some of the nicest moss out in our woods. I could get top dollar later....

Just now, Westside Steve said:

I'm with you on the Super Bowl. Meaning I might have to live forever... I'm good with that.

A cute and illustrative anecdote is I heard from some friends of ours he said they couldn't make the Saint Patrick's Day show because they were worried about the virus. But they made sure to invite me to their home after the show, meeting after I'd been in the room she can hands with huggie doesn't those people at the pub.

One extra precaution that had not occurred to me though I lift the toilet seat in a public bathroom with my foot and flush the toilet with my foot I always wash my hands but the wife pointed out the touching the bathroom door on the way out sort of overrides all of that shit.

WSS

You do the foot thing too?!?! LOL, my guy!

Yeah I grab the top of the door of a stall, flush a urinal with my elbow and, if possible, any door knob like that with my long sleeve.

Anyone else think it's funny that trumpy is blaming Obama for this when it was actually trumpy who tossed out the Directorate For Global Health Security and Biodefense from the WH National Security Council about a year into his own presidency? Obama created it in 2014 in response to Ebola and kept it there for possible future pandemic planning. Trumpy once again projecting blame on others that is squarely on his own watch.

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

A cute and illustrative anecdote is I heard from some friends of ours he said they couldn't make the Saint Patrick's Day show because they were worried about the virus. But they made sure to invite me to their home after the show, meeting after I'd been in the room she can hands with huggie doesn't those people at the pub.

WSS

get paper towel to open the door, hold it with your shoe, toss crumbled paper towell, hopefully into the garbage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Anyone else think it's funny that trumpy is blaming Obama for this when it was actually trumpy who tossed out the Directorate For Global Health Security and Biodefense from the WH National Security Council about a year into his own presidency? Obama created it in 2014 in response to Ebola and kept it there for possible future pandemic planning. Trumpy once again projecting blame on others that is squarely on his own watch.

apparently, getting rid of obaMao commie's "director" was a brilliant move. it isn't like the director does all the work in an entire dept. there are other people there, you know.

or, you don't know....

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

we have some of the nicest moss out in our woods. I could get top dollar later....

I have a small crop of poison ivy I could give to the neighbors so I can sneak into their "hoard" while they are out getting treatment.🤡