THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Nah, I purposely put music on my playlist that I hate and force myself to listen to it.

Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren'tĀ alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Like I said to each his own. There is absolutely no accounting for anyone's Personal Taste. I personally think the aim of Marilyn Manson is to shock and offend but they aren'tĀ alone in Rock and Roll history. He'll when I was a kid I had a couple of Fugs albums.

WSS

Oh it absolutely was his intent.Ā  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.Ā  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.Ā  Ā Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

Ā 

And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh it absolutely was his intent.Ā  Overall I don't like the bulk of his music. But he does have a few songs that make my playlist and they're mostly the one's that take the approach of attempting to put together "normal" song writing.Ā  The one above I posted I actually heard during the John Wick soundtrack.Ā  Ā Didn't expect that type of sound from him and enjoyed it, plus there is a hint of social commentary there beyond the cosmetic of saying "killing strangers". Which, as you said, is for that initial shock/attention grab.

Ā 

And you're dating yourself a bit with those Fugs tunes šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā hahaha I don't try to hide my age. I had the first one and I had a laterĀ one that Warner Brothers hired Studio musicians and actually produced.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=we6nkklAni4&feature=share

WSS

16 hours ago, bigbambo said:

HEROIN

Because when the smack begins to flow
I really don't care anymore
About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
And everybody puttin' everybody else down
And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

Ā 

The End sounds much like Heroin and are two great songs.......I could tell ya stories....

Not sure what the doors had to do with this vid/song.....I believe that is the original Lou and the velvet underground version?

Ā 

11 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Ā 

Ā 

What would a ending summer Happy Friday be like,Ā without a tribute to a fewĀ Beautiful Girls ?Ā Ā šŸ–ļøĀ šŸ˜Ž Ā ā›±ļøĀ 

Ā 

šŸŽ¬Ā  there's always next season :o

On 9/26/2021 at 11:23 AM, bigbambo said:

I have this on a mix of videos I bought.....every time this vid starts,Ā  I fumble forĀ the RTI with my finger on the skip button...thenĀ he starts flappin.......makes my laugh every time for many reasons...yep, watched the whole thing...again

Ā 

I think of Ghoulardi when I hear this -Ā 

the Trashmen were from MplsĀ 

but you are right - it gets me giggling too

My wife's cousin was a camera man for Ghoulardi.....I remember watching himĀ but can't remember if it was Ghoulardi or the Ghoul that madeĀ fun ofĀ Dorthy Fuldheim all the time.Ā  I remember a "Dorthy Fuldheim for Mayor" poster that showed her face on a horses body...I thought it was the funniest thing at that time.Ā  I know..kindaĀ lame now but it was Dorthy FuldheimĀ 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

the tempo very much is.Ā  Ā Teardop is in B...Ā  Ā  Ā 

I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.Ā  Ā  By the way, great playlist.

And the distance between Generations would lead me to think there was absolutely no hint of plagiarism but I know that some people get crazy about that s***.

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

the tempo very much is.Ā  Ā Teardop is in B...Ā  Ā  Ā 

I can see the similarities in the opening 15 seconds with Mr Fantasy.Ā  Ā  By the way, great playlist.

PS I'm guessing that playlist is generated by YouTube music. Which depending on whatever streaming service you have if you get YouTube music and YouTube premium you get them both at the same price. Which is a great deal i m o since I really like YouTube music

Just now, Westside Steve said:

And the distance between Generations would lead me to think there was absolutely no hint of plagiarism but I know that some people get crazy about that s***.

Plagiarism is one thing... influence is another.Ā  Ā There's a great deal of work everyoneĀ listen's to where you can hear the inspiration.Ā  Ā But you can also see musicians taking inspiration, adding their own flavor, their own effort and creating something of a new sound.Ā  Ā Shoe-gaze is one such example.

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Plagiarism is one thing... influence is another.Ā  Ā There's a great deal of work everyoneĀ listen's to where you can hear the inspiration.Ā  Ā But you can also see musicians taking inspiration, adding their own flavor, their own effort and creating something of a new sound.Ā  Ā Shoe-gaze is one such example.

Yes you are exactly one hundred percent totally correct. I actually spent hours in my living room with my guitar writing a song that all of a sudden dawned on me was from Bruce Springsteen's the river album. I think that British kid who got busted for Won't Back Down by Tom Petty similarity got a raw deal.

https://www.vistacharterms.org/apps/video/watch.jsp?v=76581

There is nothing new Under the Sun.