THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

Soju

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

John Stallworth 4th round, Hines Ward 3rd round, Antonio Brown 6th round...  Tia shows you don't know what  you're talking about in regards to NFL "open".   

Just stop...   Because a WR is drafted high is no guarantee he's going to be great. Gee, I thought we did have a stud #1 wr in OBJ, and he did squat. 

All the Browns need is for Baker to start playing like the #1 overall pick, which of late- he isn't... NFL.com had Joe at #4, Baker at #21..  There is no explaining away how limited the Browns' passing attack remains. Baker’s location is spotty, as he finished 2-of-9 for 21 yards, one score and three picks on throws over 10 yards Saturday, per Next Gen Stats. When Mayfield isn’t accurate, he’s not making up for it with any other attributes. 

The only explanation I can think of is Baker's played with his injuries long enough that his throwing mechanics are messed up, which leads to messed up confidence and an inability to perform under pressure. 

This doesn't get fixed this season, and we have to hope it gets fixed for next season because we don't have time to develop another rookie QB and I don't see a good veteran finding his way to Cleveland.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

John Stallworth 4th round, Hines Ward 3rd round, Antonio Brown 6th round...  Tia shows you don't know what  you're talking about in regards to NFL "open".   

Just stop...   Because a WR is drafted high is no guarantee he's going to be great. Gee, I thought we did have a stud #1 wr in OBJ, and he did squat. 

All the Browns need is for Baker to start playing like the #1 overall pick, which of late- he isn't... NFL.com had Joe at #4, Baker at #21..  There is no explaining away how limited the Browns' passing attack remains. Baker’s location is spotty, as he finished 2-of-9 for 21 yards, one score and three picks on throws over 10 yards Saturday, per Next Gen Stats. When Mayfield isn’t accurate, he’s not making up for it with any other attributes. 

yeah, yeah, yeah, big deal. I note the first/second round thing as a pointer towards the attention paid to the wide receiver position in the draft.

Of course you can find gems later - I already alluded to that earlier. But later rounds - why do you think anybody drafts in the first round, if it's so easy to find star players later?

come on, man. Everybody knows that Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick. You want to pick your qb in the sixth round?

I don't think so. Tia shows the flip side of the discussion, and you should consider stopping being his groupie - it makes you look foolish.

I already talked about the Cincy and ratbird wr's. High draft picks.

Steelers:

James Washington - 2nd Round 2018

Dionte Johnson - 3rd round 2019

Chase Claypool - 2nd Round 2020

now, you list the wr's the Browns have drafted the last three years and compare....golly, Hoorta, why didn't the squealers just wait til the later rounds? Think on it and try to be very quiet. you're wrong.

41 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

now, you list the wr's the Browns have drafted the last three years and compare....golly, Hoorta, why didn't the squealers just wait til the later rounds? Think on it and try to be very quiet. you're wrong.

Just can't quit.  You're wrong. You're using a variation of  the chicken and eggs argument. So the eggs er, Browns WRs aren't  good enough. They're not looking good enough because the chicken is making them look rotten. Who says so? The unbiased guys over on NFL.com.  At the rate he's going, it's off to Tyson to make chicken McNuggets for McDonald's. 

I'll grant Baker is hurt, and that could be part of the problem,  but it's not his only issues. It's totally disgusting to me finding out today that some so called Browns fans have been sending Mayfield death threats. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll grant Baker is hurt, and that could be part of the problem,  but it's not his only issues. It's totally disgusting to me finding out today that some so called Browns fans have been sending Mayfield death threats. 

Really a sad take on our society as a whole. Keyboard warriors.

2008-2017 Browns were 38-122. Since then, 7-8-1, 6-10, 11-5 (playoffs), 7-8 presently. .....yeah, better kill our QB who helped bring life into a woebegone franchise.

The internet is our friend & foe at the same time. 

Happy New Year everybody, Go Browns

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, hoorta said:

. I'll grant Baker is hurt, and that could be part of the problem,  but it's not his only issues. 

Your opinion. Rank your first to worst AFCN's QB's.

I struggle with 3 and 4, so I'll go with whatever you say lol!

1. Burrow

2. Ben

Although I have to admit I found this funny when searching the internets..lol

FHj-NNm4-VQAIVNMy.jpg

56 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just can't quit.  You're wrong. You're using a variation of  the chicken and eggs argument. So the eggs er, Browns WRs aren't  good enough. They're not looking good enough because the chicken is making them look rotten. Who says so? The unbiased guys over on NFL.com.  At the rate he's going, it's off to Tyson to make chicken McNuggets for McDonald's. 

Just can't quit. You're wrong. No, I've posted different opinions of football nerds who have said the same thing. I challenged you to list the wr's the Browns have drafted over the last three years, and compare with the current squealers wr's. Or choose the ratbirds. or choose the bengals.

DO IT. You can't handle the truth. And no, you and Tiam seem to think a super qb could come in and make our wr's get open. I say baloney to point. I even showed you that even Tom Brady's stats plummet to average without Gronk.

It's a team game. All the pieces should be in place.

I'll ask again. WHY did Brady's stats plummet without Gronk? Answer it. Because you and Tiam believe that a great qb "raises the level of play" and makes his receivers great.

Why, then, did Brady want Gronk to follow him?

of course there are gems later in the draft. But it's iffy, and the alleged stars go earlier.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Your opinion. Rank your first to worst AFCN's QB's.

I struggle with 3 and 4, so I'll go with whatever you say lol!

1. Burrow

2. Ben

Although I have to admit I found this funny when searching the internets..lol

Nah, 

1) Joe

2) Lamar (if healthy)

3) Baker

4) Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Just can't quit. You're wrong. No, I've posted different opinions of football nerds who have said the same thing. I challenged you to list the wr's the Browns have drafted over the last three years, and compare with the current squealers wr's. Or choose the ratbirds. or choose the bengals.

DO IT. You can't handle the truth. And no, you and Tiam seem to think a super qb could come in and make our wr's get open. I say baloney to point. I even showed you that even Tom Brady's stats plummet to average without Gronk.

It's a team game. All the pieces should be in place.

I'll ask again. WHY did Brady's stats plummet without Gronk? Answer it. Because you and Tiam believe that a great qb "raises the level of play" and makes his receivers great.

Why, then, did Brady want Gronk to follow him?

of course there are gems later in the draft. But it's iffy, and the alleged stars go earlier.

Whataboutism at it's finest. Great- you win, I'm done countering your crap.   

59 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Whataboutism at it's finest. Great- you lose, I'm done countering your crap.  

I challenged you to make that list - all I get is "no mas".

The point about Brady and Gronk leaves you cronked.

Have a nice day.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

You can never admit you don't know what you're talking about- when other posters (Tia) gives you the Alice's Restaurant circles and arrows treatment on multiple occasions to show how you're dead wrong.  Almost everything you've posted has been debunked, in some cases- at least three times- Yet you persist in claiming bullshit. 

Go claim an outlier that Brady had a bad game when he didn't have Gronk. You're great at citing outliers and then trying to claim the exception proves the rule.  :D  

This year, Baker has failed to improve his surrounding cast, and has choked in the 4th quarter several times. Great QBs elevate the play of their surrounding cast, Mayfield gets a big FAIL there.  FACT. It was pointed out to you Rodgers is 10-1 when he didn't have Devonte Adams in the lineup, so your "high draft pick"  WR claim  doesn't carry much weight.  In case you've forgotten, Jarvis Landry has made several Pro Bowls- he's not exactly a bum.  

Wah, wah... If only Baker had a super stud WR this season like Jamar Chase or Devonte Adams- damn, we'd be Super Bowl bound.  Bullshit. Not if he's throwing the ball 10 feet over their heads. Seems his accuracy has gone to hell.  And if Baker needs everything around him to be absolutely perfect for him to succeed, he's just flat out never going to be quite good enough- because in the NFL- that's a fantasy. 

And as to where the Browns receivers were drafted?  Apparently you can't get it through your thick head...  It doesn't matter where they were drafted, if the quarterback trying to throw them the ball is playing like a pile of crap.   

Please go back over to the Poli Board where you can argue in circles to your hearts content. Guess I should get ready for more of the Cal spin cycle. LOL  :(    

• Haha 1

1. Thank you for smarting off to yourself.  Yes, Hoorta (you) can never admit you are wrong. LOL LOL LOL

2. See #1. LOL LOL LOL

3. You didn't read the article, oh arrogant wannabe alpha wonkie. The stats were over a period of time. Not one game. Baker played some great games without Gronk last year, too. LOL LOL. He also played some great games last year without Ja'Marr Chase.

Just think how good he could be with those players.

and Baker shouldn't be playing, he's hurt. He won't be hurt next year, whiney boy.

4. You got your ass handed to you with your stupid crap over there on that board.

5. Go ahead. Make a list of wr's the Browns have, and compare them to the wr's the other AFC N teams have.

And I never said Baker was playing well since he's been hurt.

6. Tia doesn't need you to be his nanny.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Just to toss this out there before I check out - Brady won a superbowl without Gronk. Down 28-3 no less.  Throwing for damn near 5 bills in that game. 

So... yeah.  Brady can still get it done without Gronk.

It was clearly shown that over a period of time, his stats plummeted without Gronk. Why do you think he desperately wanted Gronk to come to Tampa Bay?

Take your time. We'll wait. Want to count up the # of games Brady WON with Gronk? didn't think so.

On 12/30/2021 at 9:14 PM, calfoxwc said:

5. Go ahead. Make a list of wr's the Browns have, and compare them to the wr's the other AFC N teams have.

And I never said Baker was playing well since he's been hurt.

6. Tia doesn't need you to be his nanny.

I'll only reply this one last time to your broken record Cal...Blah. blah, blah... Want to repeat something meaningless for the 10th time? You're about the only one here with that opinion. Repeating it a dozen times doesn't make it correct.  It absolutely doesn't matter about the Browns wrs. The talent is there.. but not if the one thing we agree on- Baker's injury is seriously affection his performance. I see plenty of Bengals football.. And let me tell you talent wise, their Higgins and Boyd are no no better than our Higgins and DPJ.  The difference is Joe sees when they're open, and can accurately get them the ball. Uzomah?  

Try to follow along... the Browns are running a tight end heavy offense. Uzomah can't hold a candle to Hooper (the guy we made the highest paid TE in the NFL when we signed him) or Dave Njoku there's your first round pick for you. I'll let you look up how many Pro Bowls Jarvis Landry has been nominated for.   

So there's the Browns problem in a nutshell... Deficient Quarterback play by Baker.  

Regarding Tia, you're too far down in your rabbit hole to realize when another poster is ripping your ass off, and handing it back to you.  

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll only reply this one last time to your broken record Cal...Blah. blah, blah... Want to repeat something meaningless for the 10th time? You're about the only one here with that opinion. Repeating it a dozen times doesn't make it correct.  It absolutely doesn't matter about the Browns wrs. The talent is there.. but not if the one thing we agree on- Baker's injury is seriously affection his performance. I see plenty of Bengals football.. And let me tell you talent wise, their Higgins and Boyd are no no better than our Higgins and DPJ.  The difference is Joe sees when they're open, and can accurately get them the ball. Uzomah?  

Try to follow along... the Browns are running a tight end heavy offense. Uzomah can't hold a candle to Hooper (the guy we made the highest paid TE in the NFL when we signed him) or Dave Njoku there's your first round pick for you. I'll let you look up how many Pro Bowls Jarvis Landry has been nominated for.   

So there's the Browns problem in a nutshell... Deficient Quarterback play by Baker.  

Regarding Tia, you're too far down in your rabbit hole to realize when another poster is ripping your ass off, and handing it back to you.  

Did you even bother to watch the Matt Hasselbeck video I posted?... Nope.. You glossed right through it... He had a similar injury and will tell you flat out the Harness fucks up your accuracy and foot work.... So I give Baker the remainder of his contract before I'm ready to part ways...

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Try to follow along... the Browns are running a tight end heavy offense. Uzomah can't hold a candle to Hooper (the guy we made the highest paid TE in theNFL when we signed him) or Dave Njoku there's your first round pick for you. I'll let you look up how many Pro Bowls Jarvis Landry has been nominated for.   So there's the Browns problem in a nutshell... Deficient Quarterback play by Baker.  Regarding Tia, you're too far down in your rabbit hole to realize when another poster is ripping your ass off, and handing it back to you.  

I'll only reply this one last time to your broken record Hoorta..Blah. blah, blah... You really miss a lot. Or, you deliberately cherry pick part of a discussion - you do the same dumb thing on the other forum.

You want to compare Higgins and Boyd with HIggins and Peoples-Jones? That's fine. I like it. Here is the problem:

Why the hell do you think the Bengals drafted Ja'Marr Chase, FIFTH OVERALL LAST  YEAR IF THEY ALREADY HAD HIGGINS AND BOYD?

I'll tell you why, but you don't listen. You just don't want to. They drafted  Chase to be a #1 wr, and Higgins and Boyd would have a lot less defensive pressure on them. He's the STAR the Browns don't have. There is nobody to take pressure off Landry and Peoples-Jones. It's a HELL OF A LOT EASIER for you #2 and #3 to GET OPEN when they have a STAR #1 defenses have to contend with. Can you hear me now? Denying it is just dimwitted.

The Browns don't have a #1. So, keep denying it, but can you hear me now? I don't think Tiam can deny the affect that Ja'Marr Chase has on the Bengals passing game. So, you just got your ass handed to you again. Maybe you are one of a few that don't get it.

Once pouty fake injury OBJ left the Browns, the passing defense only had to concentrate on Landry and Peoples-Jones, making the Browns suffer, and WITH BAKER's INJURY, performance suffered for both reasons. Having a star #1 makes a huge difference.

BTW, I think the Browns run a heavy TE offense because they have a running game that helps with TE blocking, and to try to have a passing option to try to take pressure off Landry and Peoples-Jones- but that is not as dynamic at all - compared to having a star #1.

You're afraid to answer questions - you want me to send you a mexican hat so you can dance around it?

I still look for a Browns win - if the refs aren't crooked.

At least dirtbag Jeff Triplett retired a while back.

https://www.westernjournal.com/nfls-famous-controversial-referees-retiring/

Cleveland Browns rip refs for 'terrible' pass interference ...

Oct 10, 2021Browns rip officials for 'terrible' pass interference ruling, non-calls in loss to Chargers. INGLEWOOD, Calif. — Coach Kevin Stefanski said he didn't get a good look at a crucial pass ...

NFL World Reacts To Brutal Call From Browns-Packers Game

On Saturday afternoon, the Green Bay Packers faced off against the Cleveland Browns in an intriguing non-conference matchup. It was an unusual game that saw the Packers win by a final score of 24-22.

NOTE TO HOORTA:

https://www.bengals.com/news/inside-the-pick-why-the-bengals-opted-for-ja-marr-chase

But what's not left to chance is that the Bengals' struggling long ball now has one of the best deep receivers to ever play in college ball.

Not only that, they already have his quarterback. Callahan says the Joe Factor wasn't the factor. It was one of them, but not the decider.

"It ended up he's a guy that can make a difference in our offense. He's so explosive," Callahan says. "To me, he's the best receiver that's come out in the last three years. He's worthy of that spot where guys like A.J. and Julio were drafted. It's hard to pass up that kind of talent."

So, they drafted Ja'Marr Chase, 5th overall TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THEIR OFFENSE, when they already had HIggins and Boyd.

Because............those two terrific players - needed a star wr. A deep threat. The Browns need a deep threat #1 star wr now.

Furthermore, Hoorta:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-bengals-picking-jamarr-chase-over-penei-sewell-was-a-watershed-moment-in-nfl-history/

" How would Chase help Cincinnati's blocking? The thought -- Burrow's connection with Chase would catalyze quicker releases for the rehabilitated quarterback, thereby limiting the frequency he'd get hit by pass rushers. And it has. Through seven games, Burrow's average time to throw is down by a few hundredths of a second, and he's been pressured less frequently than last season. Burrow's passer rating on Chase targets? 135.4.   "

Furthermore: I just looked up these JUST NOW:41rNtwAh7lL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg&f=1&nof

https://publish.one37pm.net/blog/strength/jamarr-chase-draft-pick/

"In addition to his individual productivity, Chase has provided kindling for a suddenly explosive offense. Whether it be causation or correlation, the Bengals’ offense has surged this year with Chase, averaging 27.0 points per game, up from 21.3 points per contest in the 10 games that Burrow started last season; with a 5-2 record, the Bengals have already won more games than they did in either 2020 or 2019.   "

"

Skipping a Step

At some point the Bengals have to skip a step. They got their quarterback last offseason, but they still have plenty of holes to fill.

Pairing Burrow with a star receiver like Chase in an offense that already has Higgins, Boyd and Joe Mixon is exactly how to win in today's NFL.

Of course the offensive line has to improve, but if they don't address Burrow's weapons, we're going to be talking about wide receiver being a need a year from now.

"

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Good thing the Browns didn't draft Ja'Marr Chase.

Two ex-LSU WRs frustrated with having Baker Mayfield as their QB is enough. 

You don't know how much I'd love to lock this thread- I've had just about enough of dealing with a goofball.   I have him on ignore, and that's where he's going to stay.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, nickers said:

Did you even bother to watch the Matt Hasselbeck video I posted?... Nope.. You glossed right through it... He had a similar injury and will tell you flat out the Harness fucks up your accuracy and foot work.... So I give Baker the remainder of his contract before I'm ready to part ways...

Been there, mentioned that nickers....  

46 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You don't know how much I'd love to lock this thread- I've had just about enough of dealing with a goofball.   I have him on ignore, and that's where he's going to stay.  

So, you don't want to answer why, per your own trolling, the Bengals drafted a Ja'Marr Chase when they already had Burrow, Boyd and HIggins.

Run and hide, but the truth is, you can't handle the truth about it. btw, you said before more than once you can't put people on ignore because you are a mod.

So.....................................

55cd79b7bc2f87ae42d5cb369c80dcf6.jpg

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

You put cal on ignore?

But how will you ever know how to properly skin and cook some random rodent? How will you know about how Hillary Clinton sex trafficked white children in the basement of a pizza shop? 

You are only hurting yourself, hoorta. 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You put cal on ignore?

But how will you ever know how to properly skin and cook some random rodent? How will you know about how Hillary Clinton sex trafficked white children in the basement of a pizza shop? 

You are only hurting yourself, hoorta. 😉

Actually, I've had him on ignore for quite some time... I'll occasionally unhide his posts to see what he's up to... It was my mistake to engage him again.  I know his MO too well, both here and over on the Poli forum.  He'll just beat you down with bullshit and whataboutism until you just give up... 

White Flag GIF - White Flag Surrender Emoji - Discover & Share GIFs

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Actually, I've had him on ignore for quite some time... I'll occasionally unhide his posts to see what he's up to... It was my mistake to engage him again.  I know his MO too well, both here and over on the Poli forum.  He'll just beat you down with bullshit and whataboutism until you just give up... 

White Flag GIF - White Flag Surrender Emoji - Discover & Share GIFs

cal, and many of the other brilliant minds that circle jerk each other on the Poli Board are the people who inspired the old saying:

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience." 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

ah, but you told all of us when we were handing your ass to ya, that you were a mod and couldn't put anyone on ignore.

I made a great point.

Explain why the Bengals drafted Chase #5 overall, when they, per your nonsense, "didn't have to, because the qb can make any wr's superstars".

lol.

run and hide again. "no mas, I can't admit I'm wrong because I'm a mod" Hoorta.

Take your little ball and run all the way home.

Answer the question. Or, admit you conveniently quit.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

ah, but you told all of us when we were handing your ass to ya, that you were a mod and couldn't put anyone on ignore.

I made a great point.

Explain why the Bengals drafted Chase #5 overall, when they, per your nonsense, "didn't have to, because the qb can make any wr's superstars".

lol.

run and hide again. "no mas, I can't admit I'm wrong because I'm a mod" Hoorta.

Take your little ball and run all the way home.

Answer the question. Or, admit you conveniently quit.

No one cares.