THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

Soju

21 minutes ago, hx214 said:

At this point I gotta wonder why you bother paying 7 million to a back up QB when you decide to start the other guy who has a broken freaking shoulder. 

If Baker actually walks out of the tunnel and starts the game, Big Kev can't think to much of Case.

I hate to say it, but my hopes of a long playoff run have diminished greatly. 

It isn't going to happen with a hobbled Baker or a healthy Case Keenum - and Baker isn't getting healthy until the offseason. 

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm all for sitting Baker and getting him healthy... However... It's times like this that if Baker pulls it off... it becomes the stuff of legend.. Otherwise...  it becomes another futile browns folly... However.. I'm one for a positive outcome this time around... Time for the Browns to do some bitch slapping this weekend... GO BROWNS!!!

Get it done!

I gotta believe Kev doesn't think he can beat the Steelers with Case so he's gotta roll the dice.  Looking like he will have to do it with the Bengals too. But WTF... Probably don't make the playoffs with Case starting multi games anyway, so if he does get hurt and goes on IR your in the same boat anyway...

Bake better have taken notes on how to throw the ball away when the play isn't there.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Get it done!

I gotta believe Kev doesn't think he can beat the Steelers with Case so he's gotta roll the dice.  Looking like he will have to do it with the Bengals too. But WTF... Probably don't make the playoffs with Case starting multi games anyway, so if he does get hurt and goes on IR your in the same boat anyway...

Bake better have taken notes on how to throw the ball away when the play isn't there.

The short attention spans are forgetting Keenum went 11-3 with the Vikings five years ago, and took them to the playoffs. He's not exactly a stiff. 

MHO is Baker shouldn't be out there this Sunday. In my mountaineering parlance- you don't fall into a crevasse that you can see. I'm not worried he'll throw the ball away when he senses pressure.... It's the whack that he doesn't see coming that will knock him out of the game... :(  

46 minutes ago, hx214 said:

At this point I gotta wonder why you bother paying 7 million to a back up QB when you decide to start the other guy who has a broken freaking shoulder. 

If Baker actually walks out of the tunnel and starts the game, Big Kev can't think to much of Case.

It's not a dis on Case. He's exactly what we thought he was, and did exactly what we paid him to do. 

But when your franchise QB can play ... you play him.

He's the more dynamic player and the offensive leader ... and it's the freaking Steelers!

Z

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The short attention spans are forgetting Keenum went 11-3 with the Vikings five years ago, and took them to the playoffs. He's not exactly a stiff. 

MHO is Baker shouldn't be out there this Sunday. In my mountaineering parlance- you don't fall into a crevasse that you can see. I'm not worried he'll throw the ball away when he senses pressure.... It's the whack that he doesn't see coming that will knock him out of the game... :(  

Ya but three years ago he went 1-8 before getting yanked... In Washington. 

Hasn't been a common theme around Cleveland but I feel like there is actually a coach in charge that doesn't have his head up his ass, and I don't think he gives two as to if Baker wants to play or not so if he suits Baker up he's gotta think it's good to go and it's their best chance to win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hx214 said:

Ya but three years ago he went 1-8 before getting yanked... In Washington. 

Hasn't been a common theme around Cleveland but I feel like there is actually a coach in charge that doesn't have his head up his ass, and I don't think he gives two as to if Baker wants to play or not so if he suits Baker up he's gotta think it's good to go and it's their best chance to win.

The biggest issue with preparing for a game is there's no way to simulate getting hit by a 300 pound gigantic human being. So Baker could be throwing fine, and visually he looks terrific slinging it, but we're not just playing any team here. We're playing the effing Steelers and they might not be the juggernaut of yesteryear, but the one thing they do damn near better than anyone is kill the quarterback. 

Even if Baker doesn't get tackled on his shoulder, getting powerfully wrapped up HAS to be beyond painful, right? Can he protect the ball? Those two fumbles against Arizona were absolutely atrocious. I'm not saying the shoulder caused them, but it can't help with ball security, can it? 

I love Baker. Heck, I adore our entire TEAM. OBJ is fighting his ass off to stay in the game and nobody is talking about it. Landry is banged up, but you KNOW his ass is out there. We have some tough dudes trying to save their season and it continues Sunday. We've beaten Pittsburgh twice in a row for the first time in probably forever. Bernie was the last guy to do it thrice. Landry and Chubb are back and that's HUGE. Our offense will be at full power besides Hunt and DPJ. Sounds good to me. 

The best thing about winning 2 in a row is some of the mystique the Steelers had has faded. We moved the ball on them and largely protected Baker. Not only that, coach indicated that Baker wasn't just doing OK, he was doing quite well. Sure, it might be coach speak, but I'll take it. 

As I've said before, this game will come down to 2 things:  Penalties and turnovers. We've been penalized FAR too much this year, some of them bad calls, but many our own carelessness. If we get behind the sticks, Browns fans need to understand now that we may be fine punting if it's close. Don't be surprised if we run it on 3rd and 6 a few times and try to pick up the first that way, or set us up for a more palatable 4th down. But don't expect to see Baker doing many 7 step drops on 3rd and long, not early anyways. 

Turnovers. Our defense has STRUGGLED with creating turnovers this year and it's tough to figure out why. No strip sacks from Garrett, no deflected passes for easy picks, and absolutely no defensive TDs. That needs to change IMMEDIATELY. In fact, I'll take it a step further. I think we'll need a defensive or special teams score to win...and I think we'll GET IT. 

This will be a close game that we break open late with our defensive TD. Browns win 31-21. 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

mountaineering parlance- you don't fall into a crevasse that.. you can see. 👀

20211028-MS-12-400x240.jpg  Ohhhh! The world should be able to see it....

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/10/29/baker-mayfield-cleared-to-play-feels-ready-will-start-sunday-vs-steelers/

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Yes gumby,  I can clearly  see that harness is restricting his range of motion in his left arm. I even commented on it earlier. Guess we'll find out  Sunday if it makes any difference.  If Coach is OK with it, I'm OK with it.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:41 AM, nickers said:

It amazes me that a sector of you have talked yourselves in to thinking Baker Mayfield has turned into Brian Hoyer and ya'll know it just isnt so.. Ya'll know when bake is healthy he can ball his ass off... and thats what I expect he'll do given the opportunity... Right now.. I support the guy under center.. Just win... Go Browns!

It amazes me how many are convinced the guy is healthy.

Ok...just a brush back to your comment.  Like I said, if all checks out, I don't have a problem with him playing.  He is out QB for fucks sake.  Why wouldn't I?  Maybe I am a little concerned that if he really breaks the bone rather than a simple fracture, he might not be out QB for a good long while.

Guys, if we can't beat the Steelers with Keenum at QB, we aren't a very good team.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

It amazes me how many are convinced the guy is healthy.

Ok...just a brush back to your comment.  Like I said, if all checks out, I don't have a problem with him playing.  He is out QB for fucks sake.  Why wouldn't I?  Maybe I am a little concerned that if he really breaks the bone rather than a simple fracture, he might not be out QB for a good long while.

Guys, if we can't beat the Steelers with Keenum at QB, we aren't a very good team. 

Regarding Keenum, we're on the same page 'Peen. 

And in Jeopardy!!! I'll take dislocation for $1,600.  Baker's next dislocation will shelve him for the season.  :(

The old diference between pain and injury thang does not apply here, there are both in abundance.Baker might make the full game on his simply refusal to Quit, but this is a mega stupod decision to play gim.

No way do I thnk he'll be effective, This one is on our D and our Soju ground attack...

There is such rampant homosexuality in this thread.

It's our most important game of the year so far.

If your franchise qb can go ... he goes! It's as simple as that.

I truly expect Bake to light them up and remind you all who he is.

Z

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

There is such rampant homosexuality in this thread.

It's our most important game of the year so far.

If your franchise qb can go ... he goes! It's as simple as that.

Z

ME, YOU and The FEW ! 

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}        gameday.jpg   Nothing new in Baker's world.. That's My QB ... Bake'em ! #6

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

I actually agree with this, Z. I just don't see

As for the rest... gonna chalk it up to wishfull thinking on your part. I saw you  sizing me up in Hollywood...

Another awful performance by a mediocre quarterback. I can't wait to hear the Baker apologists this week: "But his shoulder", "But, but it was a divisional game and the Steelers tried harder".

Chubb, Odell, Landry, Wills, Conklin all played and Baker still stunk up the joint. It's not injuries or the offense....Baker IS the problem!!!! How you can put up 10 points with the talent around him is beyond me. We need to make a serious play for Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson (if he clears his legal problems) in the offseason. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year with Baker, let alone be the Super Bowl contender we all hoped they would be.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BernieSuperbowl said:

Another awful performance by a mediocre quarterback. I can't wait to hear the Baker apologists this week: "But his shoulder", "But, but it was a divisional game and the Steelers tried harder".

Chubb, Odell, Landry, Wills, Conklin all played and Baker still stunk up the joint. It's not injuries or the offense....Baker IS the problem!!!! How you can put up 10 points with the talent around him is beyond me. We need to make a serious play for Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson (if he clears his legal problems) in the offseason. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year with Baker, let alone be the Super Bowl contender we all hoped they would be.

He didn't stink up the joint, my goodness.

OBJ quits a route on a TD pass. Landry uncharacteristically drops a few & fumbles. Hooper dropped a high pass in the 1st quarter at the 10 yard line.

Schwartz, the speedster, hasn't earned a spot on the field for whatever reason.

Baker wasn't a problem at all today. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

He didn't stink up the joint, my goodness.

OBJ quits a route on a TD pass. Landry uncharacteristically drops a few & fumbles. Hooper dropped a high pass in the 1st quarter at the 10 yard line.

Schwartz, the speedster, hasn't earned a spot on the field for whatever reason.

Baker wasn't a problem at all today. 

Of course, it's everyone's fault except Baker. Classic Baker apologist take. It didn't take long for a Baker apologist to start throwing out the excuses. There's no excuse for a team to score 10 points with the talent we have. A real QB finds ways to get it done, he overcomes obstacles. Baker is mediocre, that's it.

7 minutes ago, BernieSuperbowl said:

Of course, it's everyone's fault except Baker. Classic Baker apologist take. It didn't take long for a Baker apologist to start throwing out the excuses. There's no excuse for a team to score 10 points with the talent we have. A real QB finds ways to get it done, he overcomes obstacles. Baker is mediocre, that's it.

Obstacles. Did you comprehend what I wrote? It's not being an apologist.

When a QB puts the ball where it's supposed to be,and the WR doesn't make the play, it's not on the QB.

NFL games are decided by 4 or 5 plays usually. WRs, like QBs, are paid to make plays.

You can be all anti-Baker if you want, but look at today objectively and you'll see Baker was fine today.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob806 said:

Obstacles. Did you comprehend what I wrote? It's not being an apologist.

When a QB puts the ball where it's supposed to be,candy the WR doesn't make the play, it's not on the QB.

NFL games are decided by 4 or 5 plays usually. WRs, like QBs, are paid to make plays.

You can be all anti-Baker if you want, but look at today objectively and you'll see Baker was fine today.

It's the fucking NFL. There will be a few drops here and there by receivers. It happens every game. No team has a 100% catch rate. 

I'm looking at it objectively: Baker sucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Baker sucks. Zombo sucks. OBJ sucks. Landry sucks. Biden sucks. Stefanski sucks. He’s been horrendous this year. 

the defense actually played well

So politics has to be injected into every single thing this day in age? Can't even watch a video about making pizza dough without someone mentioning Biden's name OR the orange sphincter. Thanks for being that guy, douche.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:00 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

One good hit and he's out for the season.

He took some big hits today and kept on going. Maybe if we had WR’s that could catch and hold onto the ball we could get something accomplished 

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

He took some big hits today and kept on going. Maybe if we had WR’s that could catch and hold onto the ball we could get something accomplished 

Another Baker apologist. I'm going to shut you Baker idiots up with the dropped passes. There are 20 teams that have more dropped passes than us. So STFU.

• Thanks 1

I didn't see a snap today so I have no idea, but does anyone think that if Case would've started today that the O would've put up more than 10?

(judging by the current WR hate, I'm guessing maybe not) 

11 minutes ago, BernieSuperbowl said:

Oh my god, oh no!!! Some drops and one turnover, no quarterback can possibly overcome that!!! Loser Baker apologist attitude. Eat a dick.

There sure are a lot of people on here fascinating by gay men 

• Haha 1