THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

Soju

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Not sure how height is a limitation when I see the careers of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.

He's had 7 game-winning drives as a starter, but none this year, however you think that is more of a Stefanski thing.

Staggering case you have presented, Counselor. 

Z

Kyler Murray is the shortest starting QB in the league at 5’10”.

23 hours ago, Zombo said:

I get it, I do.

I find it fun to defend Baker, because he's out there hurt, balling, and 95% of the time he makes the right decision, the NFL is brutally tough, and I like to root for our guys.

The second down throw does not eat at me, but the third down draw call does. Stef admitted his fault there, so I've moved on.

As for OBJ, I tried to root for him. I think everyone in the organization tried as well ... but it never felt right. 

This was a John Dorsey deal, and he didn't fit either, and neither did Freddy Kitchins. Now, it's completely Berry's show, and Stefanski fits perfectly. 

And Baker Mayfield fits perfectly.  He's always felt like exactly the quarterback we needed at this time and place, and I'm proud that he's a Cleveland Brown. I thought he handled the OBJ press conference perfectly. 

That does not make him above criticism as a player, some of it is very fair. But if a guy is out there with one wing fighting his tail off for the Cleveland Browns, dealing with major injuries to his stars all around him, and a major unproductive distraction as his "#1" receiver... I'm gonna pull for him, and I'm gonna defend him. That's what makes being a fan fun for me, when you believe in a team, or a player, you go all in. I'd defend Chubb, Myles, and many others the same way ... but QBs are always open to the most criticism. 

Either that ... or I'm just a homosexual "fan boi".

But I think it's the first thing.

Z

This gives catching some Zs all new meaning! 

Don't know how many people on this board know this but YOU are the reason this board LIVED after it's owner died as well as Hag 2's generosity!  One of my last conversations with Stan (Atenears/Skippy)-  he said "Flugel, do you have any idea what a pain in the ass Zombo's Queer Eye for the Cleveland Browns is to me?  He's the ONLY reason you guys still have a board. And he's not even from Cleveland - he's from NW Pennsylvania!"   

The BIGGEST problem I saw with the Baker - OBJ lack of chemistry is the SAME problem we saw in 2019.  Both of our Starting Tackles were missing plus the guy under contract designated to be their #1 back-up (Hubbard) went on IR this year.  If that didn't give anyone flashbacks to the "Paper Champions" label TN gave us when we lost both starting tackles and the backup LT Kendall Lamm in the opener - it should have. Baker got KILLED in that opener following a very promising rookie season. The results we're not enough time to go deep and a running game with inconsistent daylight available.  SAME shit - different year.  Having said that, the new FO addressed and prioritized OT (and depth of it) before 2020 (Wills in rd 1 and Conklin in FA) resulting in an 11-5 regular season punctuated with a playoff win in Pittsburgh. This year they also kept Hubbard to be the #1 backup; but bad luck is bad luck.  Not only did this impact the passing game - but it also clamped our running game into a bear claw at times. Baker isn't the only guy behind Center that got injured - both Chubb and Hunt got beat up enough to miss starts.  Is it only a coincidence or does losing your 1st 3 Tackles on the depth chart change time to throw and consistency of daylight to run to?  I think the accuracy issues from Baker at times and dropped passes from OBJ were the uncomfortable symptoms stemmed from the situation at OT.  

The 1 thing I will say is that Baker and OBJ did get together in the offseasons that OBJ was healthy enough to do so.  They did TRY despite what some of the sports media guys are accusing Baker of not attempting to do (Michael Robinson and James Jones whom I normally respect when they include the inconvenient truths in their research). Another thing that OBJ never got credit for was blocking people downfield.  He lit someone up just a couple weeks despite his frustration about his role in the passing game. All that said, when OBJ misses training camp - it's not that tough to understand why Baker has better chemistry with guys that were here.  I WANTED this to work; but seeing the way OBJ SR went public turned this into a "War of the Roses" divorce we didn't need.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Not sure how height is a limitation when I see the careers of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.

He's had 7 game-winning drives as a starter, but none this year, however you think that is more of a Stefanski thing.

Staggering case you have presented, Counselor. 

Z

I'm sorry, I guess you think everyone is exactly the same. The idea that two people could have the same disadvantage, one overcomes it, the other struggles from it, just has never crossed your mind, huh?

And the list of QBs Baker's age, that GMs would jump all over before Baker is a pretty long one. Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert at the minimum.

But keep up your homer "I"M A GREAT TRUE-BLUE BROWNS FAN AND YOU ARE NOT" posts. They are entertaining, at the least. 

24 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The BIGGEST problem I saw with the Baker - OBJ lack of chemistry is the SAME problem we saw in 2019.   

To me, the reason why Baker and OBJ didn't work was a relatively simple one:

Baker with the Browns is a system QB. He played well under Stefanski's orchestration last season, specifically in the second half of the season without OBJ, because he bought into Stef's system and performed it well. When you are a QB running a regulated system, having a WR who seemingly didn't work under the system, but free-lances his way through a route tree, it will not work. When Baker fakes a run to Chubb, rolls to the right, and expects a certain receiver to run a 8 yard out route, the receiver better run a 8 yard out route. OBJ does not do that, and I recall complaints about OBJ free-lancing back to his time with the Giants. Baker is a system QB who is going to struggle developing chemistry with a WR who doesn't play within a system.

I think this is why "OBJ was open and Baker didn't even look at him" happened so often. Baker probably stopped looking his way because OBJ consistently wasn't where he expected him to be.

• Upvote 2

Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. And just as I said - they cheapshotted Baker - one hit him low, the other hit him high, and good job THAT TIME - it was called. It was LATE. It's what they do.

I had been waiting for Higgins to start making more than 1, maybe two catches a game. How many years has it been?

My opinion, there is a lot more to being an "elite" qb than having a good arm and being ...."the best pure pocket passer". (Josh Rosen reference).

It's fair to say Baker isn't at his best right now. But if his wr's had caught the passes they should have caught - Baker could have had an excellent game, a very high completion percentage.

Me, I was amazed Baker could really zing some passes like he did. With a fractured bone in his nonthrowing shoulder ? a brace?

I still think Keenum should have started vs the squealers.

and, OBJ was a cancer with the Giants. Too bad obj didn't learn from Jarvis Landry how to be a team player. But with obj, it was all about obj and his "brand". Addition by subtraction, says I.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. And just as I said - they cheapshotted Baker - one hit him low, the other hit him high, and good job THAT TIME - it was called. It was LATE. It's what they do.

I had been waiting for Higgins to start making more than 1, maybe two catches a game. How many years has it been?

My opinion, there is a lot more to being an "elite" qb than having a good arm and being ...."the best pure pocket passer". (Josh Rosen reference).

It's fair to say Baker isn't at his best right now. But if his wr's had caught the passes they should have caught - Baker could have had an excellent game, a very high completion percentage.

Me, I was amazed Baker could really zing some passes like he did. With a fractured bone in his nonthrowing shoulder ? a brace?

I still think Keenum should have started vs the squealers.

and, OBJ was a cancer with the Giants. Too bad obj didn't learn from Jarvis Landry how to be a team player. But with obj, it was all about obj and his "brand". Addition by subtraction, says I.

so these are all joes words 

If the Browns lose tomorrow, the Browns will have to consider how much longer they keep trotting out Baker, and instead shut him down for the rest of the season and get him the surgery and rehab he needs on his left shoulder. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so these are all joes words 

no, of course not, Joe's words were paraphrased by me, and that paraphrasing ENDED

with the period. (.)

" Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run. "

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

To me, the reason why Baker and OBJ didn't work was a relatively simple one:

Baker with the Browns is a system QB. He played well under Stefanski's orchestration last season, specifically in the second half of the season without OBJ, because he bought into Stef's system and performed it well. When you are a QB running a regulated system, having a WR who seemingly didn't work under the system, but free-lances his way through a route tree, it will not work. When Baker fakes a run to Chubb, rolls to the right, and expects a certain receiver to run a 8 yard out route, the receiver better run a 8 yard out route. OBJ does not do that, and I recall complaints about OBJ free-lancing back to his time with the Giants. Baker is a system QB who is going to struggle developing chemistry with a WR who doesn't play within a system.

I think this is why "OBJ was open and Baker didn't even look at him" happened so often. Baker probably stopped looking his way because OBJ consistently wasn't where he expected him to be.

While you bring up some great points I agree with about last year - I can't forget the 27 TD passes I saw from him as a rookie in another system here.  He was drafted by an 0-16 team Dutch. The 1st 2 games without Baker the Browns were 0-1-1 until right up until he inherited the 14 point deficit to the Jets that erased and led the Browns to victory.  Why is it nobody wants to give the guy any credit for leading that team who was 1-31 and 0-1-1 with the previous QBs in the same system Baker came in and went 7-7 in his 1st 14 NFL games in the NFL.  Quite a contrast in winning percentage and performance from the QB position IMO.  27 TD passes in just 13 starts and 14 appearances was a rookie record broken 2 years later by a guy with 2 more starts than Baker.  When you give a guy 3-4 new OCs in his 1st 5 years - that's a lot of learning an unlearning being asked of a young QB in need of continuity to build on. 

That rookie season, Baker peppered the ball around to a lot of different guys.  Even last year in the Cincy game.  Do you remember it?  Watch the last minute when Cincy went up leaving Cleveland needing a TD to win without any time outs left.  His WRs were Peoples-Jones (rookie), Hodge, Higgins and a banged up Landry (on a hip needing surgery).  It was sink or swim where the situation and time remaining put it all on Baker's arm.  He didn't fail or stay handcuffed to a system.  

I think there's something here if we ever allow Baker to build upon his experience in 1 system.  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sorry, I guess you think everyone is exactly the same. The idea that two people could have the same disadvantage, one overcomes it, the other struggles from it, just has never crossed your mind, huh?

And the list of QBs Baker's age, that GMs would jump all over before Baker is a pretty long one. Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert at the minimum.

But keep up your homer "I"M A GREAT TRUE-BLUE BROWNS FAN AND YOU ARE NOT" posts. They are entertaining, at the least. 

Well, he's not "struggling" to "overcome his height disadvantage", he's simply compensating for being injured, having his starting tackles injured, missing his best receiver (until he returned to have and awful performance) and having a complete flake as his #1 receiver .... now thankfully gone.

Yet , despite all this, there he is with 67% completion percentage,  96 passer rating, only a couple interceptions and the team in the thick of the AFC race.

Sky falling much?

Oh, and if you feel that you are less of a fan than me, then that's one you ... I never mentioned anyone's fanmanship.

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Well, he's not "struggling" to "overcome his height disadvantage", he's simply compensating for being injured, having his starting tackles injured, missing his best receiver (until he returned to have and awful performance) and having a complete flake as his #1 receiver .... now thankfully gone.

Yet , despite all this, there he is with 67% completion percentage,  96 passer rating, only a couple interceptions and the team in the thick of the AFC race.

Sky falling much?

The sky isn't falling. 

Baker is a good starting QB, along the lines of what Andy Dalton was for years in Cincinnati. 

And you can laugh at the idea of shutting down Baker and getting him into rehabbing his shoulder now, instead of waiting until the season ends, but lets be honest, the Browns aren't going to the playoffs this season. Not with a gimpy Baker, or a team ravaged with injuries, not with the upcoming schedule. They lose tomorrow, it's pretty much over.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And I thank you...  There's some of us BROWS FANS- 60+ years in my case, who don't look at our team through a pair of rose colored glasses.  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Browns lose tomorrow, the Browns will have to consider how much longer they keep trotting out Baker, and instead shut him down for the rest of the season and get him the surgery and rehab he needs on his left shoulder. 

Zombo scoffing at that notion? Of course as a True Blue diehard fan it couldn't be any other way.  :)  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

I didn't realize that living in Dayton made one a Joe Burrow expert.

I guess I'm a Brady and Tua expert then, let me know if you have any questions.

The fact that you are expecting a loss tells me everything about you right now.

We'll win this game, and we'll win the division. And then I'll have Baker shit on a plate and I'll slice it up for you guys.

Z

1) So how much of Brady and Tua have you actually watched? HUH?  FYI, I get force fed Bengals coverage here- we ARE considered Cincinnati's market, after all. I've watched a bunch of the Bengals games.  😛

2) So before you start predicting a Browns win in your "This Week in the AFC North" thread- let me give you the scouting report on the Bengals. Ahem...  Before I start- I'll point out their loss last week to the lousy Jets was a total trap game, they walked into the Meadowlands expecting a win, and paid the price for it. They're a far, far better team than that. Maybe I should point out to you they beat the Steelers (you know, the team we just lost to) on the road. Ditto beating the Ratbirds handily in Baltimore. It's going to take the best Browns game of the year to beat them.  

Joe Burrow did you say? The Bengals absolutely knocked it out of the park when they drafted him. If he hadn't had his knee wrecked, he would have easily have been OROTY. Pinpoint accuracy, has an uncanny ability to escape pressure in the pocket. Speaking of OROTY, you just might as well have it ready to give to Ja'Marr Chase now. 3rd in the NFL in receiving yards on only 38 receptions. I haven't seen anyone run him down from behind yet when he breaks lose. Better pray Hospital Ward is somewhat healthy.  The talent at WR doesn't stop there, Boyd and (the other) Higgins are no slouches. Their TE Ozomah already had 5 TDs- several of those on long runs.  Their RB Joe Mixon is more than adequate with 500+ rushing yards. 

Their defense may not have any standout players, but it doesn't have any gaping holes either. One thing that honks me off is the Browns shouldn't have let Larry Ogunjobi walk- he's having a standout year so far, (3.5 sacks)

I will say this much Z- every time I have a strong feeling about an upcoming game one way or the other, it's usually wrong. That loss to the Steelers left me so disgusted, I'm not making the 60 minute drive down to Cinci for the game. Even though Steve and the GNATS Tailgaters are making the road trip this week, and it's going to be a perfect day weather-wise.  

One final note- a loss to the Bengals, and you can kiss the playoffs goodbye this year. Just realize it could happen. Eeyore speaking.  4-5, 0-2 in the division. Cinci 6-3, 3-0 in the division. In that scenario 8-0 or 7-1 isn't happening, sorry about that. It's why the more level headed among us Browns fans are saying- that would be a damn good reason to shut Baker down for the year, have the shoulder surgery he needs, and get a head start on 2022.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The sky isn't falling. 

Baker is a good starting QB, along the lines of what Andy Dalton was for years in Cincinnati. 

And you can laugh at the idea of shutting down Baker and getting him into rehabbing his shoulder now, instead of waiting until the season ends, but lets be honest, the Browns aren't going to the playoffs this season. Not with a gimpy Baker, or a team ravaged with injuries, not with the upcoming schedule. They lose tomorrow, it's pretty much over.

Andy Dalton who never won a playoff game on a very good team? Cause Bake won in his first try.

There is no reason why won't be a playoff team. We still have Baker. We still have the #1 rushing attack. We still have four starters on the NFL best oline. We still have the best pass rusher on earth. Statistically our defense is way better than last year..

You guys giving up on the season are Brokeback Chicken Little Skyisfalling Darkside Debbie's. We have a great squad. As much as your trying not to like it right now.

Z

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

1) So how much of Brady and Tua have you actually watched? HUH?  FYI, I get force fed Bengals coverage here- we ARE considered Cincinnati's market, after all. I've watched a bunch of the Bengals games.  😛

2) So before you start predicting a Browns win in your "This Week in the AFC North" thread- let me give you the scouting report on the Bengals. Ahem...  Before I start- I'll point out their loss last week to the lousy Jets was a total trap game, they walked into the Meadowlands expecting a win, and paid the price for it. They're a far, far better team than that. Maybe I should point out to you they beat the Steelers (you know, the team we just lost to) on the road. Ditto beating the Ratbirds handily in Baltimore. It's going to take the best Browns game of the year to beat them.  

Joe Burrow did you say? The Bengals absolutely knocked it out of the park when they drafted him. If he hadn't had his knee wrecked, he would have easily have been OROTY. Pinpoint accuracy, has an uncanny ability to escape pressure in the pocket. Speaking of OROTY, you just might as well have it ready to give to Ja'Marr Chase now. 3rd in the NFL in receiving yards on only 38 receptions. I haven't seen anyone run him down from behind yet when he breaks lose. Better pray Hospital Ward is somewhat healthy.  The talent at WR doesn't stop there, Boyd and (the other) Higgins are no slouches. Their TE Ozomah already had 5 TDs- several of those on long runs.  Their RB Joe Mixon is more than adequate with 500+ rushing yards. 

Their defense may not have any standout players, but it doesn't have any gaping holes either. One thing that honks me off is the Browns shouldn't have let Larry Ogunjobi walk- he's having a standout year so far, (3.5 sacks)

I will say this much Z- every time I have a strong feeling about an upcoming game one way or the other, it's usually wrong. That loss to the Steelers left me so disgusted, I'm not making the 60 minute drive down to Cinci for the game. Even though Steve and the GNATS Tailgaters are making the road trip this week, and it's going to be a perfect day weather-wise.  

One final note- a loss to the Bengals, and you can kiss the playoffs goodbye this year. Just realize it could happen. Eeyore speaking.  4-5, 0-2 in the division. Cinci 6-3, 3-0 in the division. In that scenario 8-0 or 7-1 isn't happening, sorry about that. It's why the more level headed among us Browns fans are saying- that would be a damn good reason to shut Baker down for the year, have the shoulder surgery he needs, and get a head start on 2022.  

When did you begin gender transition?

Z

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

When did you begin gender transition?

Z

Says the #1 Baker Homo...  :D :D :D 

BTW- we're not giving up on the season YET....  I'll let you know how I feel sometime around 4:30 tomorrow.   

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Watching "Browns LIve" on tv - Joe Thomas said the Browns didn't run as well because with a hurt qb, hurt wr's, hurt RT, banged up LT..... they crowded the los to stop the run.

Thanks for sharing the perspective of our 10 time Pro Bowl Tackle at the ideal time to do so.    When you think about it, with the 2 OTs we prioritized bringing here in 2020 for our 11-5 season - they helped us consistently set the edge for the running game.  They also improved our pass pro from the previous year.  When we replaced Wills and Conklin with Hance and Hudson this year - the running game was clamped up into into a bear claw with very little daylight to be found.  I saw 1 play where Hudson never even made an effort to block his edge.  After the very lazy whiff, there was still time for damage control or at least an effort to hit somebody.  He never even tried, which is the last thing you want to see from a guy getting the ideal opportunity to start as a rookie.  I would have cut him right after the game for the lack of heart and effort alone.  

THANK GOD we used Hance instead of Hudson at RT last week with Wills back at his LT spot.  I actually see some progress and promise from Hence in his new position. He may not be quite at the level Conklin is at when healthy; but then again, we're not going to see a healthy version of Conklin again this year whether he plays or not.  I think the Browns will get that running game going a little more consistently again with this combo on the edges.  That should compliment the passing game well.  

There's 9 weeks left to rediscover the Make-It-Happensville magic that accompanied hard work and great preparation last year.  It's not impossible if these guys get back to that same winning formula.  This team can start by doing more of the little things right again that it did last year.  The quiet China Wall between winning and losing right now is all of the avoidable penalties that has us leading the NFL in penalties/yardage (mentioned by last week's commentators more than once).  We already know Wiley Coyote ain't catching the Roadrunner so let's stop being Wiley Coyote on game day because we can.  

Last but not least, can someone remind Tony Romo he only won 1 playoff game in his entire NFL career as a starter?  "If Baker wants to be taken serious as an NFL Qb he needs to..". Win more than 1 playoff game during his NFL career Tony?  Considering he was drafted by a team that was 0-16, he already has 1 playoff win AT PITTSBURGH in a game his team won 48-37 in just his 3rd NFL season... That might now be a miracle in many places; but after what we've been though since the mid 90s - it's as close to seeing someone walking on water as it gets!

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just going by internet standards.

5F7CD5B8-4DA1-46AD-9E9D-12591F7D4E95.jpeg

B32F77E5-9DC8-4F8C-9A1F-DE54DE6171A4.jpeg

732576B8-2FC7-42E9-8EA5-86C594EC36A4.jpeg

14BF9E5E-2198-4F80-9789-4C3FDFC8740B.jpeg

Google images has to have Murray with maybe some celebrities where height may not be embellished.  Maybe a side by side with someone (public figure) would reveal his height.  

I’m thinking he’s 5’9” 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

BTW- we're not giving up on the season YET....  I'll let you know how I feel sometime around 4:30 tomorrow.   

If they can win tomorrow, there's a chance they could go to 7-4 because the following games are vs the Patriots and Lions.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

It looks like all three AFCN teams can win next week 10   versus Miami, Detroit and New England....... Cincinnati is off. 

But Cleveland needs to take care of business first tomorrow.

Screenshot_2021-11-06_193851.jpg

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I thought you already conceded this loss ... and therefore, the season?

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I thought you already conceded this loss ... and therefore, the season?

Z

Allow me to rephrase, and clarify.   If you go into a game expecting to lose, you're never going to be disappointed when you do. So, right now my confidence level that we're actually going to be able to beat those stinking Bengals is approaching zero. I just have a bad, BAD feeling about this game. Don't forget I'll have to live with that raft of Fairweather Bengals Frontrunners for weeks should they win. 

I hope you read and duly noted my unbiased scouting report. If we can't get to Burrow, their WRs are going to kill us. Expect at least one 50+ yard TD in that case. & if we play as crappy as we did against the Steelers- expect a double digit loss. Some turnovers would help, and Baker can't be throwing interceptions or fumbling. As I mentioned- that shit performance against Pittsburg soured me on spending $300 bucks and most of the day heading south to catch the game in person. I'll be parked in front of Bob's 72" Samsung with like minded winos- it's a lot cheaper, & the booze and food is a damnsite better.  :)   

The playoffs came early this year Z. Lose to the Bengals = no playoffs. Unless you're expecting the Tooth Fairy to sprinkle some magic pixie dust on the Browns so they can run the table the rest of the way out. It won't take quite that, but they'll need to go 4-2 in the Division. 

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The sky isn't falling. 

That's a pretty accurate comparison Dutch except Baker actually WON a playoff game. Dalton was pretty consistent at leading Cincy to the playoffs so he wasn't that bad considering the franchise he did that for. Tell ya what, I'd take an AJ Green in his prime right about now.  

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

That's a pretty accurate comparison Dutch except Baker actually WON a playoff game. Dalton was pretty consistent at leading Cincy to the playoffs so he wasn't that bad considering the franchise he did that for. Tell ya what, I'd take an AJ Green in his prime right about now.  

Fantastic.

The QB the Browns took #1 overall in the entire 2018 NFL Draft, before Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson, won a playoff game.

Alert the statue makers! 😉

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fantastic.

The QB the Browns took #1 overall in the entire 2018 NFL Draft, before Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson, won a playoff game.

Alert the statue makers! 😉

Not sure why you're lumping Lamar in there.  His playoff appearances have been all subpar when compared to Allen and Baker.

Doors blown off in his 1st and 2nd. Then snuck by an offensively deficient Titans squad then put up all of 3 points on a Bills defense that surrendered 40+ the following week in his 3rd attempt.   Right now Lamar is the Peyton Manning of the new era.   Brilliant regular season and lackluster playoff games.

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Not sure why you're lumping Lamar in there.  His playoff appearances have been all subpar when compared to Allen and Baker.

Doors blown off in his 1st and 2nd. Then snuck by an offensively deficient Titans squad then put up all of 3 points on a Bills defense that surrendered 40+ the following week in his 3rd attempt.   Right now Lamar is the Peyton Manning of the new era.   Brilliant regular season and lackluster playoff games.

If the 32 NFL GMs were lined up and asked, who do you want, Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield, how do you think the vote goes? 

And Lamar definitely has limitations too, as shown in the playoffs.