THE BROWNS BOARD

Vaccination mandate

Westside Steve

You guys know I'm pro vaccine but I'm not stupid I'm pretty sure what it can and can't do. Just on balance. That being said I said without commentary on the effects of the vaccine, if it were up to you would you rather have the police firefighters EMS and medical staff on the job and worrying masks? Or do you think it's more valuable to take a hard line and enforce the mandate. And I'm not asking for commentary on the effectiveness of masks just asking.  I'm a little more curious about the guys from the progressive side.

I'll see how far this one last 

WSS

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Well the article that was posted blames the mandate for a boys death. 

I know you're kind of being facetious but do you honestly think that they are unrelated?

Come on man .

By the way I don't hold the strikers unaccountable either.

Now you can answer the question.

WSS

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

It's Biden's fault for the death that makes 8 children killed because of his policies! 

So Biden mandated NYC to mandate vaccination?

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I know you're kind of being facetious but do you honestly think that they are unrelated?

Come on man .

By the way I don't hold the strikers unaccountable either.

Now you can answer the question.

WSS

I don’t think it should be mandated.

But if you work in those fields, and you ARE mandated, and you don’t comply, then you get what you get

I work in a field where I can’t do certain things, that are legal to others. If I do them, I will get fired. Therefore I don’t do them

https://thepostmillennial.com/ice-cube-leaves-sony-film-after-refusing-to-get-vaccinated?utm_campaign=64474&fbclid=IwAR15ixUrXaxp-5pZGt70tzRSxlk0ZD96uu5T_cHGurk6pjdE07d3baI6EVQ

I don't look at celebrities/sports figures for anything more than what they do professionally by entertaining.

but I do like these people who are standing up and speaking out by example. 

Ice cube isnt going to lose out much because he probably has alot already -  but his stance along with Kyrie Irving, Joe Rogan, SW airline pilots,

and even Health care workers are growing a list of ordinary people that object to this vaccine.

SCREW mandates biden

16 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You guys know I'm pro vaccine but I'm not stupid I'm pretty sure what it can and can't do. Just on balance. That being said I said without commentary on the effects of the vaccine, if it were up to you would you rather have the police firefighters EMS and medical staff on the job and worrying masks? Or do you think it's more valuable to take a hard line and enforce the mandate. And I'm not asking for commentary on the effectiveness of masks just asking.  I'm a little more curious about the guys from the progressive side.

WSS

A mandate would be a mandate on police, fire, and medical as well which may cause them to either quit their jobs or be fired.

Wear the stupid mask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I don’t think it should be mandated.

But if you work in those fields, and you ARE mandated, and you don’t comply, then you get what you get

I don't think these clowns issued the mandate to protect those workers. Because apparently those workers don't give a flying f***. But I don't see many people quitting their jobs because they have to wear a mask and even I agree that can help slow the transmission somewhat.

Even if people that think masks will protect the wearer are stupid.. or the jerk offs that were them where they aren't around anybody else.

I work in a field where I can’t do certain things, that are legal to others. If I do them, I will get fired. Therefore I don’t do them

Cigs? Weed? And your opinion of not being allowed to do something on your own time?

WSS

46 minutes ago, Gorka said:

A mandate would be a mandate on police, fire, and medical as well which may cause them to either quit their jobs or be fired.

Wear the stupid mask.

Yes I regretfully agree go along to get along. But again I don't see any of those people refusing to wear a mask just refusing to get the shot.

WSS

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Wear the stupid mask.

non-tested for covid

No mask or vaccine mandates on them...why?

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Cigs? Weed? And your opinion of not being allowed to do something on your own time?

WSS

Weed. They need a test that can tell if you are high right now. Like a breathalyzer 

If I smoked a joint today and got in an accident at work 5 days from now, I would have to take a piss test, and then get fired for the weed in my pee from 5 days ago

They shouldn’t be allowed to dictate what I do on my own time, but seeing as they are allowed, I must follow the rules or suffer the consequences 

50 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Weed. They need a test that can tell if you are high right now. Like a breathalyzer 

If I smoked a joint today and got in an accident at work 5 days from now, I would have to take a piss test, and then get fired for the weed in my pee from 5 days ago

They shouldn’t be allowed to dictate what I do on my own time, but seeing as they are allowed, I must follow the rules or suffer the consequences 

So Biden will fire you for taking a drug and fire others for not taking a drug...crazy shit! 

81 million votes  0000.gif.27381f2f01e34b92ab02c185dbf6082a.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vambo said:

So Biden will fire you for taking a drug and fire others for not taking a drug...crazy shit! 

81 million votes  0000.gif.27381f2f01e34b92ab02c185dbf6082a.gif

Biden didn’t start the weed BS. But he could be the one who ends it

• Haha 1

In regards to weed there's clearly one side pushing keeping it illegal more than the other. No reason why it shouldn't be legal. Just a bunch of misinformation and propaganda...

... speaking of which, that's been the whole pandemic. It's a damn shame a medical / scientific got completely politicized. Fueled by social media and hack sites you now have people with their own "truths", regardless of the actual facts. 

There's no reason to not take the vaccine (excluding legitimate medical concerns). I'd have no problem if my company mandated it. But it's hard enough to hire people as it is. 

As for the fire fighters or other public workers, there are already plenty of requirements to hold certain positions. Examples where vaccines are needed too. Hell, you need to have certain vaccinations to go to school. 

We'll see how many firefighters get vaccinated come Monday. 

We've already got one side using recent deaths as their political tool. We'll see of the other side does too (which I expect)

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

In regards to weed there's clearly one side pushing keeping it illegal more than the other. No reason why it shouldn't be legal. Just a bunch of misinformation and propaganda...

... speaking of which, that's been the whole pandemic. It's a damn shame a medical / scientific got completely politicized. Fueled by social media and hack sites you now have people with their own "truths", regardless of the actual facts. 

There's no reason to not take the vaccine (excluding legitimate medical concerns). I'd have no problem if my company mandated it. But it's hard enough to hire people as it is. 

As for the fire fighters or other public workers, there are already plenty of requirements to hold certain positions. Examples where vaccines are needed too. Hell, you need to have certain vaccinations to go to school. 

We'll see how many firefighters get vaccinated come Monday. 

We've already got one side using recent deaths as their political tool. We'll see of the other side does too (which I expect)

White House press secretary reveals infection and details last contact she had with President Biden Breaking News

White House press secretary reveals infection and details last contact she had with President Biden

If only Democrats followed their own mandates we could get rid of Covid-19.    Your vote at work woody!

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

There's no reason to not take the vaccine (excluding legitimate medical concerns).

Who gets to decide what those are? I personally don't think we should mandate risking the young and healthy to the unknown long term side effects of the vaccine because the virus is killing the elderly, diabetics, and hypertensives.

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Hell, you need to have certain vaccinations to go to school. 

And not a single one of those is an mRNA virus that creates the massive immune response that the COVID vax does. 

On 10/30/2021 at 4:50 PM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

The left seems to be cheering on these mandates. Political power is cyclical, and what do you think conservatives are going to do with the precedent that's been set when they're back in power again? If you thought that they were draconian about abortion before...  

22 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Who gets to decide what those are? I personally don't think we should mandate risking the young and healthy to the unknown long term side effects of the vaccine because the virus is killing the elderly, diabetics, and hypertensives.

And not a single one of those is an mRNA virus that creates the massive immune response that the COVID vax does. 

The left seems to be cheering on these mandates. Political power is cyclical, and what do you think conservatives are going to do with the precedent that's been set when they're back in power again? If you thought that they were draconian about abortion before...  

I'm just over it man. And when I posted that, I thought, "somewhere, Vapor is out there, and I know he is going to come and comment". But I think you're an intelligent guy and your concerns come from a much more legitimate place than the rest of the board. That being said, I'm just tired of all of this. All of the "American exceptionalism! Freedom! I can do what I want!" crowd. That's what 99% of this blowback is. 

And sure, yeah, the Dems will maybe do something for once and the Reps will take that, flip it, and ramp it up a good bit. I can hope that their regressive social ideas aren't going to get enough support but hey, the last few years have been very, very disappointing in that regard. 

At what point will you feel comfortable with the "long term risks"?

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

Since that part was for me I don't care much about the Republicans except for the fact that they will more likely preach things closer to what I believe. Do I trust them to deliver when they get power? Hell no. But just for the record abortion isn't my issue. And no matter how Draconian they get the worst they will do is make it a tiny bit more of a pain in the ass to get one. We aren't putting that toothpaste back in the tube. But still frankly I think the idea a partial birth abortion of a viable fetus whenever and for whatever reason creeps a lot of people out.

WSS

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

At what point will you feel comfortable with the "long term risks"?

For me, age 50. Somewhere around that time, my risks from a severe COVID infection will outweigh whatever misgivings I have about potential side effects.

For people who are younger? People under 18? The risk of myocarditis to males is increased particularly in male populations with the Moderna vax. It's insane to me that the world seems to be okay with passing risks for the old and unhealthy to the young and hale. And this only factors in the effects that show themselves this early (i.e. - the ones that are getting headlines this year and last year). My big concern, and a question that won't have an answer for decades, is if it increases your lifetime risk of autoimmune disease. If that's the case, then my vote is to let nature run its course like it did with the Spanish flu.