THE BROWNS BOARD

Vaccination mandate

Westside Steve

17 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

For me, age 50. Somewhere around that time, my risks from a severe COVID infection will outweigh whatever misgivings I have about potential side effects.

For people who are younger? People under 18? The risk of myocarditis to males is increased particularly in male populations with the Moderna vax. It's insane to me that the world seems to be okay with passing risks for the old and unhealthy to the young and hale. And this only factors in the effects that show themselves this early (i.e. - the ones that are getting headlines this year and last year). My big concern, and a question that won't have an answer for decades, is if it increases your lifetime risk of autoimmune disease. If that's the case, then my vote is to let nature run its course like it did with the Spanish flu.  

for us, I'm 70 - we were happy to get the Phizer vaccine. But...I've read where the booster with different vaccines is a different deal - changes inside of you afterwards?

beats me, I'm not a medical guy. We'll check with our family dr. Got exposed to covid ten days ago- sprayed lysol around the house...we're fine. Good to be vaccinated. A youngster tested positive- got over it. No one else in their family got it. Maybe a false positve? who knows.

But getting one of their boosters every single year? a bunch of horsecrap right there.

damn communist china and fauci and their secret work on "gain of function" )_())*(_)(*_)&()*&^

Fauci said 'you cannot force someone' to get COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.yahoo.com/now/last-fauci-said-cannot-force-212300017.html

“I don't think you'll ever see a mandating of vaccine, particularly for the general public,” Fauci said during a town hall with Healthline.com in August 2020.

The idea, according to Fauci, was impossible.

“If someone refuses the vaccine in the general public, then there's nothing you can do about that. You cannot force someone to take a vaccine," he said at the time.

Joe Biden: Covid vaccination in US will not be mandatory

Published

5 December 2020

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55193939

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

for us, I'm 70 - we were happy to get the Phizer vaccine. But...I've read where the booster with different vaccines is a different deal - changes inside of you afterwards?

beats me, I'm not a medical guy. We'll check with our family dr. Got exposed to covid ten days ago- sprayed lysol around the house...we're fine. Good to be vaccinated. A youngster tested positive- got over it. No one else in their family got it. Maybe a false positve? who knows.

But getting one of their boosters every single year? a bunch of horsecrap right there.

damn communist china and fauci and their secret work on "gain of function" )_())*(_)(*_)&()*&^

^ this is what I am talking about here. As someone in the medical field Vapor I'd have to imagine this is somewhat annoying. And for guys in infectious disease (or Fauci himself) it has to be downright frustrating. And this is someone that at least got one vaccine. Imagine how off the rails the anti vaxxers are? 

Cal, do you have concerns about a yearly flu shot? Is that "communist China" too?

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.aol.com/employers-firing-more-people-over-114647480.html

Forging fake vaccine cards is a federal crime, but what are employers doing about it?

And just for the woodpecker Cal had the vaccine. So did almost everybody on the board.

WSS

Yep, got my 3rd Pfizer shot on Friday.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

^ this is what I am talking about here. As someone in the medical field Vapor I'd have to imagine this is somewhat annoying. And for guys in infectious disease (or Fauci himself) it has to be downright frustrating. And this is someone that at least got one vaccine. Imagine how off the rails the anti vaxxers are? 

Cal, do you have concerns about a yearly flu shot? Is that "communist China" too?

Only if the particular strain of flu originated from a Bio lab in China.

woodpecker whined: ^ this is what I am talking about here. As someone in the medical field Vapor I'd have to imagine this is somewhat annoying. And for guys in infectious disease (or Fauci himself) it has to be downright frustrating. And this is someone that at least got one vaccine. Imagine how off the rails the anti vaxxers are?

Well, ignorant sissy woodpecker - the intent of the booster is to make the "waning" effectiveness of the vaccines far more a longer application of immunity...

why then would a booster be required every year? Again, you don't EXPLAIN your bitching about a post. Admit it - you have no idea of what you are talking about in your stupid fake arrogance posturing.

We got both vaccines. The booster is said to be different - not sure about why it's different, but there are questions.

and for once, just say "NO" to being asswhole stupid. Covid is not the flu. A close friend's husband died from covid - got the flu several times over the years, was still ok. You never add anything legit to any discussion. You just peck.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid-vaccine-additional-dose-booster-5205779

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm just over it man. And when I posted that, I thought, "somewhere, Vapor is out there, and I know he is going to come and comment". But I think you're an intelligent guy and your concerns come from a much more legitimate place than the rest of the board. That being said, I'm just tired of all of this. All of the "American exceptionalism! Freedom! I can do what I want!" crowd. That's what 99% of this blowback is. 

And sure, yeah, the Dems will maybe do something for once and the Reps will take that, flip it, and ramp it up a good bit. I can hope that their regressive social ideas aren't going to get enough support but hey, the last few years have been very, very disappointing in that regard. 

At what point will you feel comfortable with the "long term risks"?

9,000 NYC cops, firefighters sidelined over refusal to comply with vax mandate

Why is it woody, that every member of the senate and house of representatives along with their staff are exempt from vaccination mandates?

On 10/30/2021 at 5:35 PM, Vambo said:

I posted this in another thread it's already costing lives.

Bullfuck... Let's see the links you pull out yo ass...   Are they all to Memes?

Howdy boys, I'm back and hyper and sleep, but about 3 hours a nite (could be the 'roids) and looking to rep a slightly different point of view thn you may get around here. I'll put as much effort into discussion as I see coming my way... although admittedly the start of this post might be a slightly running against that grain.

One last thing... label me "a hater" and you go on Ignore... and years of Gipper trained me to never ever peek... although I do miss the ole Fart... as in from one OF to another.

Really piss me off? I'll go speech to text... and not even a vintage Gumby decoder ring will save you...

OMG... Tour has a smart phone? Yup... finally retired the ole LG flip and went 12 mini. Still learning it... I can hardly believe the power of it.

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

OMG... Tour has a smart phone? Yup... finally retired the ole LG flip and went 12 mini. Still learning it... I can hardly believe the power of it.

What did you get? I have to switch by Jan. so it still works on Consumer Cellular. The old one ain'ta gonna cut it no mo'.

Been thinkin' of switching to a less expensive I-phone like Apple SE which costs about the same as another Motorola 5G Ace android.

I prolly need to get cell phone lessons from my grandkids who seem to "get it".

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What did you get? I have to switch by Jan. so it still works on Consumer Cellular. The old one ain'ta gonna cut it no mo'.

Been thinkin' of switching to a less expensive I-phone like Apple SE which costs about the same as another Motorola 5G Ace android.

I prolly need to get cell phone lessons from my grandkids who seem to "get it".

HA HA.  Us old farts sure like consumer cellular.  I've belonged for awhile.  Got a new phone a few months ago, but I never text on it, the damn keyboard is so small I hit three keys with one finger.

41 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Howdy boys, I'm back and hyper and sleep, but about 3 hours a nite (could be the 'roids) and looking to rep a slightly different point of view thn you may get around here. I'll put as much effort into discussion as I see coming my way... although admittedly the start of this post might be a slightly running against that grain.

One last thing... label me "a hater" and you go on Ignore... and years of Gipper trained me to never ever peek... although I do miss the ole Fart... as in from one OF to another.

Really piss me off? I'll go speech to text... and not even a vintage Gumby decoder ring will save you...

No kidding, ignore doesn't really work if you click on the post anyway. Haha. One of our guys whose name I won't mention;-) says he has everybody he hates on ignore and bitches about them constantly.

Anyway I'm glad to have more liberals. Haha. 🖐😁

By the way steroids or hemorrhoids?

WSS

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The link is in the post you just need to click on it...

'Jab' turns into low blow2021-11-02_111312.thumb.png.a5093dc1ad1408d5c5e59fefb8b633f5.png

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

On 11/1/2021 at 9:23 AM, MLD Woody said:

I don't really find it annoying. The way doctors are trained now, patient autonomy trumps all the rest. There is no way to ethically tell someone to put something in their body that they don't want to take. People are going to think what they are going to think regardless of what information you have to share with them. That's simply the reality of a country that prioritizes personal freedoms as much as ours does. 

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

I don't really find it annoying. The way doctors are trained now, patient autonomy trumps all the rest. There is no way to ethically tell someone to put something in their body that they don't want to take. People are going to think what they are going to think regardless of what information you have to share with them. That's simply the reality of a country that prioritizes personal freedoms as much as ours does. 

For better or worse then I guess. Just seems to be leaning towards the latter the last two years. 

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

For better or worse then I guess. Just seems to be leaning towards the latter the last two years. 

it is just common sense. Progressive gov's across the board historically paint "the People" with

a profoundly, and stupid broad brush. Mostly because they want power over all the people, simple as that.

Like, "No Child Left Behind". Great political theater. Phony ideals to get people admiring the phony ideals.

Just one of the big problems is - special ed kids. Schools with big special ed programs suffered, because of the

lower grades in special ed programs. All kids are not the same. Some learn differently, some have serious trouble learning certain subjects, have trouble reading.....standardized testing?

seriously? that was STUPID. And it hurt a lot of great schools with great special education programs. Before the little woodpecker smarts off about "oh yeah it was Bush W" ...no, it was Ted Kennedy who got Bush W. to support it.

Out of politics. NOT a legit solution. Just an idealistic cause.

but no. The left wanted power to control every student. Which ends up controlling the parents.

Same thing with Afghanistan. Political persuasion - "WE ENDED IT NOW".

but over 400 AMERICANS WERE LEFT BEHIND. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF HIGH TECH SENSITIVE EQUIPMENT WAS LEFT BEHIND.

What the hell kind of solution is that? it made russian and china delighted to get a hold of all that.

Now they want to do a mileage tax. man made global crock of warming.

soooooo ideological, yes?

except, it will be devastating to vacations with campers and rigs, devastating to the trucker industry, devastating to a lot of manufacturing, and will hit a lot of people hard who drive a good ways to work.

Trucker strikes, empty shelves? sound like a solution to anybody on the left???

Spend America into oblivion and default on our debt.

More generalizations - " DEFUND ALL POLICE" what the crap is that?

ObaMaocare - a big bunch of lies. "If you like your dr, you can keep your dr" haha. Big intentional lie. "it will lower all your premium costs" haha. another big lie. "everybody MUST buy insurance, oh, and you'll pay a fine if you can't afford it".

haha. defeats the purpose of saving people money, right?

nasty moochelle obaMao commie - the school lunch interference? how did that work out? it did NOT.

All kids, AGAIN, are not the same.

covid vaccine mandates??? All people are not the same.

I could go on and on....

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/10/26/1049298884/covid-boosters-questions-help-science

"

Aside from these groups, it's a closer call about who needs to get a shot, says Dr. David Dowdy, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. "For the vast majority of people, there's not an immediate urgency to rush out and get this booster," he says.

People who live in certain congregate settings, such as homeless shelters and prisons, and people who work in high-risk settings, like health care facilities, schools or grocery stores, may also be at higher risk for COVID-19. This is also true for people 18 to 49 with certain underlying health conditions.

But the CDC's guidance is not as strong for these groups. You have the option of getting a booster, but whether you decide to get one will depend on factors such as how much the virus is spreading where you live, whether other safety measures are in place, your underlying health and your own individual sense of risk."

and it goes on and on.......

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I disagree. Lifestyle changes are what we've been pushing for since I was a medical student, and we're lucky if 1 in 10 patients listen to us. You're a really good and persuasive clinician if you can get that number to 1 in 5. Just like with weight loss, people would take a pill to make them healthy if they could, never mind that it doesn't exist. Now, these same people think that the vaccine is a panacea, despite the fact that the fully vaccinated can still experience the worst symptoms, and I don't see that changing in the near future. If the majority of Americans bothered to take care of their health, this virus wouldn't be nearly as scary as it is. There are legitimate reasons for anyone to be vaccine hesitant. I can't really make the same argument for the morbidly obese. 

image.png.3492d75ef9b592700fded2ea2d071070.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

I disagree. Lifestyle changes are what we've been pushing for since I was a medical student, and we're lucky if 1 in 10 patients listen to us. You're a really good and persuasive clinician if you can get that number to 1 in 5. Just like with weight loss, people would take a pill to make them healthy if they could, never mind that it doesn't exist. Now, these same people think that the vaccine is a panacea, despite the fact that the fully vaccinated can still experience the worst symptoms, and I don't see that changing in the near future. If the majority of Americans bothered to take care of their health, this virus wouldn't be nearly as scary as it is. There are legitimate reasons for anyone to be vaccine hesitant. I can't really make the same argument for the morbidly obese. 

image.png.3492d75ef9b592700fded2ea2d071070.png

Unfortunately true. All the worrying we do about this preparation or that procedure is kind of moot if we are sedentary or overweight or drink and smoke. (At least I don't smoke 😬)

WSS

image.thumb.png.02635f98d70c8efeb798e5f1c9bce54a.png

Source: https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs#vaccine 

Lol. Can't have transparency when financially pressuring people into an unwanted medical procedure. Who the fuck is going to enforce this? I was under the impression that it would be impossible for Trump to ever win a presidential election again, but this type of stuff actually keeps him in the running.