THE BROWNS BOARD

It's All About The QB! Always has been!

Orion

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I propose Vambo, Gorka, Diehard Browns Fan, Axe...Β  Miss anyone?Β Β  πŸ˜‚ Oh yeah, the currently mumified cal.🀣

I see there has been a clean up on isle 4.. πŸ˜…

I made my point. Those that needed to see it did.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Yup.Β  These guys made a total mess of this thread didn't they...

xUNd9QAJKvJsJnFC1y.gifΒ  Β Tommy from Rugrats ruined lots of children... A fewΒ grew up & logged in hereΒ :oΒ Β 

"cleanup on isle 9"

Β 

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Pretty sure that's just Home Depot's paint thinner with food coloring and sugar added and re-labelled by a guy sitting in aΒ bathtub in Pittsburgh.Β 

For something more for human consumption, go with the Balvenie 14yr Caribbean cask..

OK, so now that this thread has been totally derailed....Β  I give youΒ  Β http://www.bumwine.com/Β  Β I still I damn near spew when I readΒ their report onΒ Thunderbird...Β Β http://www.bumwine.com/tbird.html

3 hours ago, Axe said:

I see there has been a clean up on isle 4.. πŸ˜…

I made my point. Those that needed to see it did.

Axe, I had to give myself a 24 hour timeout to collect my thoughts.Β  Here ya go...Β  Sure, I have my biases,Β however....Β  one of your jobs Moderating a Forum is to not let things get out of hand.Β  As opposed to the Political Forum, me and Zombo aren't going to let the Inmates run the asylumΒ on the Brown Forum....Β Β Period...Β  Β If you think me kicking a guy off for multiple reasons was out of line? Sorry, wrong.Β 

1) I can do whatever the fuck I want to here, and you can't stop me.Β  Nope. Tad arrogant don't you think?Β Β 

2) I can insult you as a Moderator multiple times... Nope...Β  Other Internet Forums, you're permanently bannedΒ for that crap long ago.Β 

3) I can spew endless psychobabble and foul up threads trying to prove I'm "right" even when I'm dead wrong, and other posters are laughing at me? Um, nope not there either.Β Β 

4) "I don't post here much"...Β  51,000 posts says your grip on realty is damn lacking.Β  Β 

As I PMed nickers, it finally occurred to me you can't have a rational discussion with someone who's completely irrational...Β Β 

MHO? Cal gave himself a self fulling prophesy ala Rich4Eagle.Β  Escalating the rhetoric to a level that was true to form paranoid and out of line...Β  Oh BTW, he doesn't have to respect me, orΒ in his Mr. Teetotaler mind thinkΒ I'm a major juicer, but for damn certain- he's going to have to not act like a psychotic when his POV gets contested- or I'll ban him to the Political forum- permanently.Β Β 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, so now that this thread has been totally derailed....Β  I give youΒ  Β http://www.bumwine.com/Β  Β I still I damn near spew when I readΒ their report onΒ Thunderbird...Β Β http://www.bumwine.com/tbird.html

Got drunk for 4 days (that's how long one long night lasted) on Gallo Vin Rose when my roommate was told by his girlfriend she was pregnant. He declined to marry her and 5 months later she had an 8 lb boy (3 months premature she said). I had to educate him that she knew she was pregnant when she had a one night stand with him and he was lucky he was enough of a bastard not to agree to marriage. He had zero idea that an 8 lb baby could not be that heavy at 6 months.πŸ‘ΆπŸ˜±πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Axe, I had to give myself a 24 hour timeout

I have a Boston Terrier (love him)...I tell people, "Whatever level you take it to, he will take it two notches higher".Β  Β  It takes two to tango.

Β 

Oscar Ball.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:04 AM, gumby73 said:

I also was 1a/1b on both.. Mayfield became my 1st round choice during his Senior Bowl. Bake's Combine presser just cemented him as my choice.

Darnold saw ghosts...predraft..Β I watchedΒ hisΒ same ghost,Β that refused to protect a football when in pocket panic mode... Guess what I missed? Baker has become just as bad !Β πŸ˜•

Β 

He sure did.Β  He just lost count of how many.Β  Who coulda predicted NYJ Fans and their 1st round QBΒ would be the 1st ones treated to/haunted by the sequel to "The 13 Ghosts."Β 

If Baker doesn't get back to at least his 2020 form - my 1A + 1B = 2F'sΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Last time I made a mess out of the Pythagorean theorem equation like that I got the ole "Welcome to Summer School Dumbass!"Β  Β  Β 

If they would have just shut Baker down like they should have, he would already be 2-3 months into the rehab.Β  When a guy that only threw 8 INTs in the 2020 seasonΒ throws 4 INTs in just 1 game in 2021 - I think we're safe in concluding the mental and physical impact of the injury wasn't going to give us the same QB. Moving forward, let's hope he is what we thought he'd be Gumbs!

3 minutes ago, Flugel said:

He sure did.Β  He just lost count of how many.Β  Who coulda predicted NYJ Fans and their 1st round QBΒ would be the 1st ones treated to/haunted by the sequel to "The 13 Ghosts."Β 

If Baker doesn't get back to at least his 2020 form - my 1A + 1B = 2F'sΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Last time I made a mess out of the Pythagorean theorem equation like that I got the ole "Welcome to Summer School Dumbass!"Β 

Save room in your boat for 2^^ and 'I can mix a drink' !Β  Β 

If they would have just shut Baker down like they should have, he would already be 2-3 months into the rehab.Β  When a guy that only threw 8 INTs in the 2020 seasonΒ throws 4 INTs in just 1 game in 2021 - I think we're safe in concluding the mental and physical impact of the injury wasn't going to give us the same QB. Moving forward, let's hope he is what we thought he'd be Gumbs!

^^^ I'm hoping Baker is thrown/coached intoΒ a camp recovery pitch count of throws...^^ and don't let baker determine what that number is..he's his worse doctorΒ πŸ‘¨β€πŸ³...pull him when reached

8VCoKfmkFAErSRxuUS.gifΒ  Β  Β inΒ myΒ other ear.... adding a new WR corp is holding on line 1Β πŸ“ž...

shouldΒ be interesting on how the coaching vs. medical staffΒ sees whats coming up...πŸ‘€Β 

If Baker made the right read consistently but was just throwing inaccurately, that would be a much easier basket of problems to address than what he showed in 2021.

Multiple games this season, it was like watching bad practices before someone yells at whoever is repeatedly f*ing up "Do it right, dumbass" or worse.. but it seemed nobody ever called out Mayfield because he kept making beyond-rookie mistakes that were abnormal even for him.Β  It's not the shoulder that makes him throw a pick to the safety doing the closing for a middle-field-closed defense.. that throw should not go up in the big12 let alone in the pros..

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Axe, I had to give myself a 24 hour timeout to collect my thoughts.Β  Here ya go...Β  Sure, I have my biases,Β however....Β  one of your jobs Moderating a Forum is to not let things get out of hand.Β  As opposed to the Political Forum, me and Zombo aren't going to let the Inmates run the asylumΒ on the Brown Forum....Β Β Period...Β  Β If you think me kicking a guy off for multiple reasons was out of line? Sorry, wrong.Β 

1) I can do whatever the fuck I want to here, and you can't stop me.Β  Nope. Tad arrogant don't you think?Β Β 

Is this you speaking? Or Cal? Unacceptable in either application imo

2) I can insult you as a Moderator multiple times... Nope...Β  Other Internet Forums, you're permanently bannedΒ for that crap long ago.Β 

I seriously doubt he ever said that.. Perceived insults received from whack posts in the political forum is a completely different matter..

3) I can spew endless psychobabble and foul up threads trying to prove I'm "right" even when I'm dead wrong, and other far left posters are laughing at me? Um, nope not there either.Β Β 

fixed that for ya.. No other comment necessary

4) "I don't post here much"...Β  51,000 posts says your grip on realty is damn lacking.Β  Β 

Dang!! 51,000?? Really?

As I PMed nickers, it finally occurred to me you can't have a rational discussion with someone who's completely irrational...

I have rational conversations with many many people on this forum via PMs all the time.. Not sure how this is relevant in response to my postΒ 

MHO? Cal gave himself a self fulling prophesy ala Rich4Eagle.Β  Escalating the rhetoric to a level that was true to form paranoid and out of line...Β  Oh BTW, he doesn't have to respect me, orΒ in his Mr. Teetotaler mind thinkΒ I'm a major juicer, but for damn certain- he's going to have to not act like a psychotic when his POV gets contested- or I'll ban him to the Political forum- permanently.Β Β 

You were doing so well, and then suddenly, you decided to prove my point

Β 

• Upvote 1

Look I like Baker. Last season was the best browns season I've seen since I was a little kid and now I'm a middle aged man with kids older than I was the last time the browns had that good of a season. So I'm willing to see if he really was hurt this season.Β 

But the difference in quality between him and, say,Β  Joe Burrow isn't an illusion. I believe Burrow is a franchise QB that's a perennial top 5 guy from here on out. Baker belongs in the ranks of Cousins and Tannehill

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Look I like Baker. Last season was the best browns season I've seen since I was a little kid and now I'm a middle aged man with kids older than I was the last time the browns had that good of a season. So I'm willing to see if he really was hurt this season.Β 

But the difference in quality between him and, say,Β  Joe Burrow isn't an illusion. I believe Burrow is a franchise QB that's a perennial top 5 guy from here on out. Baker belongs in the ranks of Cousins and Tannehill

I agree. A healthy Baker can be solidly in the second tier of starting QBs.Β 

I know that might sound like an insult to some, but those second-tier guys can win a lot of games when things are right around them. They aren't going to put a team on their shoulders, but can help a team go deep, like Jimmy G is part of now with the 49ers.Β 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Can we start the Aaron Rodgers hype chain…

1. who would take himΒ  (Considering what teams already have their guy)?

2. who can fit Aaron under the cap?

3. who has the assetsΒ to make the deal?

4. What teams have a decent supporting cast in place (line and weapons)?

5.Β Or Can a team bring his sidekick Adams with him?Β 
Β 

Save the he won’t go to Siberia talk before the questions here are answered.

12 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Cousins appears to make quicker/better decisions with the ball.Β 

On 1/22/2022 at 11:07 PM, The Cysko Kid said:

I dunno.

I want Baker to be good. I really, really want him to be 'The One'.

But watching last nights Buffalo-KC game, the words of Mike Polk kept running through my head on a loop:Β 

"It's like they're playing a different sport than youΒ are!"

• Upvote 1

The Bill, Chiefs, Bengals, Chargers......they're going to be who we have to beat.Β  Β Can we keep up with them?Β  Β The obvious answer is no.Β  Why is the answer no?Β  Because we ain't got no receivers and we've got a midget QB compared to the QB's on those teams.Β  We got beat twice by the Steelers this year....and Ben was a shell of himself.Β Β 

KC, Buffalo, TampaΒ and LA ALL came down the field and scored what amounts to game winning scores (even though 2 of 'em lost).Β  We would not have been able to do that.Β  Nick Chubb just can't win us a game like that.

7 hours ago, Dste Ace said:

I dunno.

I want Baker to be good. I really, really want him to be 'The One'.

But watching last nights Buffalo-KC game, the words of Mike Polk kept running through my head on a loop:Β 

"It's like they're playing a different sport than youΒ are!"

I can't see Baker ever playing at the level they were at.

But that doesn't mean the rest of the teamΒ surrounding the three QBs in question can't be the Browns that are the best.Β 

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

The Bill, Chiefs, Bengals, Chargers......they're going to be who we have to beat.Β  Β Can we keep up with them?Β  Β The obvious answer is no.Β  Why is the answer no?Β  Because we ain't got no receivers and we've got a midget QB compared to the QB's on those teams.Β  We got beat twice by the Steelers this year....and Ben was a shell of himself.Β Β 

KC, Buffalo, TampaΒ and LA ALL came down the field and scored what amounts to game winning scores (even though 2 of 'em lost).Β  We would not have been able to do that.Β  Nick Chubb just can't win us a game like that.

we played both the chargers and chiefs close and have beaten the bingals 4 straight so ya we can with a healthy bakerΒ 

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

we played both the chargers and chiefs close and have beaten the bingals 4 straight so ya we can with a healthy bakerΒ 

ATOM, we didn't play the Bengals that final week of the season.Β  We played the Bengal backups.Β  And we barely beat them.Β Β 

In QB rating, Baker was 19th in 2018,Β  31st in 2019, 16th in 2020, and 27th last year.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

ATOM, we didn't play the Bengals that final week of the season.Β  We played the Bengal backups.Β  And we barely beat them.Β Β 

In QB rating, Baker was 19th in 2018,Β  31st in 2019, 16th in 2020, and 27th last year.

we also beat them 5 out of the last 6 A healthy baker with the team we have around him can and will win and for anyone who thinks rogers or wilson is walking thruΒ the door it aint gonna happenΒ 

38 minutes ago, Orion said:

Well, at least he's consistent.

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

we also beat them 5 out of the last 6 A healthy baker with the team we have around him can and will win and for anyone who thinks rogers or wilson is walking thruΒ the door it aint gonna happenΒ 

We beat Borrow when he was a rookie.Β  We DID beat him earlier in thisΒ season in what was probably our best game ever.Β  (BTW, we only barely beat Detroit, with Goff out.Β  And the spoiled little brat walked off the field without shaking anybody's hand and didn't do any interviews...because he played like dogshit)

Agreed, Rogers is not gonna come to Cleveland. We don't have any receivers...unless they can keep Landry...but they're not gonna keep him.Β  I don't for the life of me know what they're going to do at receiver.Β  We need a high draft pick and at least one veteran.

I will not at all be surprised to see Berry doΒ somethingΒ at QB.Β  Our window is open now...but it might just be starting to inch off of wide open.Β  Let's remember that Baker is not Stef or Berry's draft pick.Β  Was Berry here when Baker was drafted?Β  Yes.Β  But it was Dorsey's show....and supposedly Dorsey didn't letΒ anyoneΒ know which QB he was gonna take.

A lot of people wanna point out that Baker is the best QB we've had this century.Β  Which might actually be true....but he's certainly had the best Browns team around anyΒ QB this century.

I supported him since that glorious Thursday night when he came in for Tyrod Taylor and proceeded to beat the Jets.Β  I overlooked his stupid, cocky statements in the press.Β  But now it's been 4 years of football from him and I don't see him as being someone that's any good in the clutch, I don't see him as being overly accurate with his passes, especially from the pocket and I've seen him do dumb things, like not throwing the ball to Felton who was standing about 8 yards away from him, all alone, 2 yards past the sticks...he looked right at him...but decided he was gonna run for the 1st down (it was 3rd down) and didn't make it...because he can't outrun a policeman but thought he was gonna outrun pro football players.

Sounds like I hate him doesn't it.Β  But actually I hate the fact that I wanted the biggest, tallest drink of water with a strong arm...and we got the midget...who ain't all that!

• Haha 1

This isn't a knock On Stefanski, he wants a ball control offense.Β  We can win with that, so this isn't so much a complaint as it is a observation.

Β 

My impression is if we had Jamar Chase, he would catch 40 balls for around 500 yards and 3-4 TD.s.Β  Stefanski frustrated Stefon Diggs in Minnesota, and now OBJ in Cleveland,Β  Both left their teams and looked like different players.

Β 

My point is if we are going to bring top level receivers down to Rashard Higgins status, we might as well have guys like Higgins...it's way cheaper.Β  I'd rather expend resources on players who will impact our ball control O and our D.

17 hours ago, Orion said:

Sounds like I hate him doesn't it.Β  But actually I hate the fact that I wanted the biggest, tallest drink of water with a strong arm...and we got the midget...who ain't all that!

did ya get it all out ?Β  πŸ˜‚Β Β 

Β  JJidKZx6LAT7c2Dt4l.gifΒ  Β Β MnzZiz19kDzwbeBkkw.gifΒ Β 

Β  Β Β 3B5H47ujrJKqW6pr9z.gifΒ  Β Breaking news....Hulu has live midgets !

Β 

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Β 

My impression is if we had Jamar Chase, he would catch 40 balls for around 500 yards and 3-4 TD.s.Β  Stefanski frustrated Stefon Diggs in Minnesota, and now OBJ in Cleveland,Β  Both left their teams and looked like different players.

My point is if we are going to bring top level receivers down to Rashard Higgins status, we might as well have guys like Higgins...it's way cheaper.Β  I'd rather expend resources on players who will impact our ball control O and our D.

Except I think the Browns don't have a dynamic get open wr vs man to man. I've read where not even Landry has trouble getting open man to man all too often, depending on the match-up.

Burrow and Chase were a dynamic combination vs top cb's who went in the first round of the NFL draft. Chase make them frustrated.

The Browns MUST have that wr. FA/draft - they will fix it. The addition of Ja'Marr Chase to the Bengals is like the addition of Stephon Diggs to the Bills.

If all you need is a great qb to "raise the level of play"... Chase would not have been a huge addition to their offense.

Stephon Diggs was not happy with the Vikings. He wanted a new start elsewhere. If you look at the depth chart - in 2019 - they had:

Stephon Diggs. by far their best wr.

Adam Thielen - who was undreafted.

Chad Beebe - undrafted

and Olabisi Johnson - who was a 7th round pick.

That makes it really tough for Diggs - amazingly only a fifth round pick - to be successful.

Now, Diggs has Emmanuel Sanders and Beasley to get attention away from him right off the bat, along with Allen

taking off and running.

If the Browns had Chase - Landry and Peoples-Jones (and Schwartz stretching the field?)Β  would make them pay, and Chase would then have a field day. The Browns offense would roll. The running game would open up like crazy.

The Browns went to the playoffs with obj being a big distraction - with no obj (or obj pretending to be "injured" etc...Β  Mahomes and Allen would have been frustrated to the max if they had been with the Browns. Just what I think - we'll see next season.

Β