THE BROWNS BOARD

2022 Draft Prospects and off-season addition breakdowns.

tiamat63

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You still stoked for the upcoming Draft gumby?

I think my excitement kind of fell off after the Browns traded away their first rounder, and my hope the Browns could get Garrett Wilson ended, but I'm sure in the week leading up I'll get in the mood again. (feel better draft night..I don't think GW gets to pick #13)

I get stoked for the nfl draft every year Dutch'ster..memories of JT fishing while Brady Quinn, sweated it out in the green room..

Remember when Shashi took this team to the dirt? Well me & Bronco fan stepson took a Amtrak to the Philly draft... Myles Garrett was drafted(and my pick over Trib/or anyone) & my only favorite drafted players left on the team? were Joe Thomas & Joel Bitonio...

We also went to the Tennessee draft-day in 2019. With OBJ as our 17th pick traded to the NYG's in our pockets :ph34r:.. Yeah, It was a long wait to Greedy Williams at pick #46.. but night one?  there's nothing like partying with 500k draft geeks wearing mask.. 🍺

Watson becomes a huge traded piece at #13(plus)...and we again wait to pick #44 (from #46)..  or do we?

Since the 2017 Philly draft this team has been building on winning.. Oddly, we passed on Watson in the same Philly Draft at pick #12, where my journeys all started in 2017... Now, If somehow they get this Watson trade right?    

Yeah! I'm really Excited ! 

• Thanks 1

I just don't see Kyle Hamilton as very good at much of anything.  Hamilton isn't a good hitter and makes up for that by not being good at changing direction.  He can cover most tight ends.. but you don't take a guy in the first 2 days for that. 

Kyle Hamilton RAS -- he's the height/weight/explosion guy which is the classic bust profile if taken high.

Our 1st pick is still our 1st pick. Trading three 1st rounders isn't going to be a problem this year or next year.  I am not sure about the 3rd year.  Still a ways off.

This year is deep  in good players. Maybe not as many of the stud types, but a lot of guys who are going to be solid starters and depth in the NFL.  Lucky for us a lot of the draft depth is at positions we have listed as a need.  If we take a DT at 44, we will still find very good receivers in to the 4th round.

Next year is looking like the best QB class in the last 15 years.  Lot's of QB's are going  fly off the board, sending players with 1st round grades in to round 2.  Even if we win the SB, our pick should get a solid starter type player.  That will follow for at least another round where in round 3 there will probably be guys with high 3rd round grades sitting there when we pick.  Maybe even some 2nd round grades.

Like I said, 3 years off is 3 years off.  We might start to be able to form some opinions on that next year at this time. Overall we are in a good spot.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I just don't see Kyle Hamilton as very good at much of anything.  Hamilton isn't a good hitter and makes up for that by not being good at changing direction.  He can cover most tight ends.. but you don't take a guy in the first 2 days for that. 

Kyle Hamilton RAS -- he's the height/weight/explosion guy which is the classic bust profile if taken high.

I've been underwhelmed by two people so far. 

- Hamilton and Chud Muma from Wyoming. 

Johnson from FSU might fall into that category at some point. 

Still trying to formulate best how I feel about Logan Hall from HOU.  I think it was Athlons draft guide that had him listed as their pick for CLE in the 2nd.  So far I'm "meh" on that.

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Snowflake much? Who died and left you boss?

There are people, including myself, who take their time to invest in good football talk here.  Time that many of us don't have a hell of a lot to spare.  That's why I generally tend to check the thread(s) I start and focus on those only.   

I prefer to keep it that way.  You are more than welcomed to rant in any of the other ones that aren't this.  In fact, I'd encourage it.    Keep this one on target though. 

Thank you.

21 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

There are people, including myself, who take their time to invest in good football talk here.  Time that many of us don't have a hell of a lot to spare.  That's why I generally tend to check the thread(s) I start and focus on those only.   

I prefer to keep it that way.  You are more than welcomed to rant in any of the other ones that aren't this.  In fact, I'd encourage it.    Keep this one on target though. 

Thank you.

I voiced an opinion... Don't like that?.. Tough shit... I have as much right to air an opinion as anyone else but you want to go ALL COMMUNIST and surpress that because it doesn't fall into YOUIR line of thinking.. Fine... You break all the film down you like... Some of us DO NOT have the time or patience to do so... It's just a goddamn game for crissake... I don't see anyone beating down your door for your self proclaimed expertise.. Your opinion is worth about as much as mine .. 0.. which is about what I paid for it...

19 minutes ago, nickers said:

Snowflake much? Who died and left you boss?

Bad choice of words there.....just think about it for a minute or two or three. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

you want to go ALL COMMUNIST and surpress that

The correct analogy would be to "go all capitalist" - and fire you from the thread for slowing down the production line.

If you want to make an economic comment, please learn at least a hint of objective reality about the words you're throwing around.

I do realize you're trying to use "communist" to mean "something I don't personally like" -- but it's a pretty old exclamation, like "Go cut me a switch!"  China today is no less capitalist than the US. It's just run by a different group of 100 oligarch capitalists extracting the wealth.  Russia isn't communist any more either -- it's also oligarch capitalism as a result of the 1991 revolution.  Feelings may come if you actually allow these facts to challenge the propaganda you're being bombarded with elsewhere.  "Going all end-stage capitalism and analyzing my posts like I'm a gig worker and each post is a new deliverable" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue..

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming: 

Mid-round S in the rotation could be Cine and JT Woods.  Not for man coverage but if they're still on the board in rd4, you make those picks.

Mid-round DL -- [Edge] Josh Paschal, Eseze Otemewo, Arnold Ebiketie [DI] Eric Johnson, Matt Henningsen.  Massive athletes, the question is the technique and consistency.. you know, professional sports.

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Bad choice of words there.....just think about it for a minute or two or three. 

I did,,, My mind hasn't changed.

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So tia and Unsympathetic are kind of down on Kyle Hamilton, safety from Notre Dame that seems like a lock for a top 10 pick. 

I'm curious to why both of you aren't real high on him... 

I was going to type out this long thing that was a couple paragraphs, but I'll keep it at the TL;DR version for now.  

I don't see much that jumps off the tape anymore than Jeremy Chinn.  And Chinn was had as the last pick in the 2nd round... 

31 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I was going to type out this long thing that was a couple paragraphs, but I'll keep it at the TL;DR version for now.  

I don't see much that jumps off the tape anymore than Jeremy Chinn.  And Chinn was had as the last pick in the 2nd round... 

So the people who think he's a top 10 pick think that he's a guy who can do it all, while you think he's more of a "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None" guy? 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So the people who think he's a top 10 pick think that he's a guy who can do it all, while you think he's more of a "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None" guy? 

Those people probably think he's a Jack Of All Trades as well, that would be because he is.   So you're going to spend his rookie season, and likely most of his 2nd season, getting him accustomed to a variety of responsibilities and getting coached up to NFL speed.     So instead of having a more focused role, you're moving him around like a foundational chess piece.   Takes a very rare football I.Q. to be top-10 level effective your first few seasons, especially under those circumstances.    

And like I pointed out with Chinn, you can also find those types of players well outside the 1st round.  

edit: And the thing I didn't like about his downhill trigger was him processing, planting and driving to the ball carrier when it wasn't an obvious short yardage situation.   Found himself insanely deep in the middle 1/3 quite a bit.

Here's the RAS of Taven Bryan.  This guy is an elite athlete even at the NFL level and yet he's now firmly in the "bust" discussion.  Even guys with the measurables don't make it.

Here's Hamilton's again.  He is... not a jack of all trades.. more like an 7.  He can't cover man-to-man and his hitting makes nobody forget about Kam Chancellor.  Elite short-area quickness is the foundational requirement these days for the NFL and that's the weakness of his game.

Here's the benefit of letting a DB with average quickness get used to NFL speed and not playing him until he's actually ready to play without thinking.. AJ Green PFF.. I didn't know he played that well either.. if you take someone round1 he doesn't get to sit a season.  AJ was absolutely not ready in 2020..

This is NOT to say that KH isn't a decent athlete who won't be wearing some NFL jersey until 2032. It's to say that if you take him round 1 you have expectations which won't be met.. If someone with KH's skillset was available in the 4th, that's a value pick and then his weaknesses are OK because "Eh, Round 4 Guy".  

download.jpg.c33c2e3e24fb25d98c9a7423dacd1110.jpg

imo.. Hamilton will become shuffled to a hybrid LB playing status, just as Isaiah Simmons is being used now in Zona .. Same draft hype as Simmons received.. 

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

download.jpg.c33c2e3e24fb25d98c9a7423dacd1110.jpg

imo.. Hamilton will become shuffled to a hybrid LB playing status, just as Isaiah Simmons is being used now in Zona .. Same draft hype as Simmons received.. 

Simmons isn't a "hybrid".  He's just a weakside backer now.   Snap counts by alignment...

- Simmons 94 snaps on the defensive line, 229 in the box, 66 in the slot, one at free safety, and eight at outside cornerback

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Simmons isn't a "hybrid".  He's just a weakside backer now.   Snap counts by alignment...

- Simmons 94 snaps on the defensive line, 229 in the box, 66 in the clot, one at free safety, and eight at outside cornerback

as he should be.. the Simmons draft label of 'jack of all d positions' lasted all of one year... I don't think Hamilton can win a 40 vs Andrew 'slow' Sendejo? 😁  top 10 is a reach

JOM, but some are getting way worked up over a player we don't have much of a chance at drafting.  I'll admit I haven't gone back to get the back story on all the hamilton beef, but what are we doing here?

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

JOM, but some are getting way worked up over a player we don't have much of a chance at drafting.  I'll admit I haven't gone back to get the back story on all the hamilton beef, but what are we doing here?

Mental masturbation until draft pick 43 is done. Helps pass the time and gives us an idea of what others are getting before the Browns finally get to their first pick @44.😁

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-order-for-all-seven-rounds

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Maybe I'm reading the room wrong, but I don't see anyone getting worked up. 

Just some good, passionate type talk here.

12 hours ago, ballpeen said:

We're talking about a player in the upcoming draft in a thread about players in the upcoming draft. 🙂

On 4/4/2022 at 8:43 AM, tiamat63 said:

13.33% drop rate? To quote the immortal Randy Jackson - that's a no from me dawg.

we knew somebody would get around to posting these...

Career drop rates..

*George Pickens: 2.1%
*Skyy Moore: 3.3%
Chris Olave: 4.7%
*Jahan Dotson: 5.1%
Drake London: 5.7
*Alec Pierce: 6.4%
Garrett Wilson: 6.8%
*Justyn Ross: 7.1%
Treylon Burks: 7.4% (falling)
Jameson Williams: 7.7%
*Jalen Tolbert: 8.4%
*Christian Watson: 12.7% (falling)

* pick #44, with 2nd round grades may not be high enough?

Is somethings brewing at RB 2 or 3 ? either trading Hunt? or gain a 2nd rounder, while losing D'Ernest Johnson at tagged tendered?  

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/4/12/23022450/cleveland-browns-running-back-dernest-johnson-switches-agents

I've heard some RB draftee interviews, saying they 'have a 30 team visit with the Browns'... 🤔

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Is somethings brewing at RB 2 or 3 ? either trading Hunt? or gain a 2nd rounder, while losing D'Ernest Johnson at tagged tendered?  

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/4/12/23022450/cleveland-browns-running-back-dernest-johnson-switches-agents

I've heard some RB draftee interviews, saying they 'have a 30 team visit with the Browns'... 🤔

Berry does draft a few year ahead.  I could see where we might not keep Chubb in a few years.

I would love for us to acquire Olave... I just think he's the smoothest and most fluid receiver in the draft... But I'm certain he won't be there for us...Drake London looks more like a body catcher than a hands catcher... He's physical.. I'll give him that..  But that's where it ends for me on London... I like the other Ohio State kid Garrett Wilson.. I would like for him to have another year with the Bucs before going Pro... But I get it... The money is just too strong to resist.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah, probably going to be making the switch to Hulu Live and forgo YT TV for next season. 

Just wait until they bring out the QuadBox so you can watch the all-22 in 4 screens at the same time rather than just one.. so you can half-watch 4 players on the same play

• Thanks 1