THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Not sure why it doesn't embed...

For a conditional 5th rounder. Split salary basically.

Jacoby era here we come!

Jacoby?  We got a guy named DeShaun if he’s not suspended for two years like some of you suggest.

We traded Baker for a 2024 pick that will probably be our next long snapper.  Let that sink in.

There is no doubt in mind that Baker is better than Lock and Smith so all this tells me that the Hawks are in full out tank mode ready for CJ Stroud and company. 

Let me brace the forum for a meltdown when Carolina pulls out a win with Baker and we are paying Baker’s salary because we stink in Week 1….please hang on…please….better days will be coming 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The Browns have to be run by the dumbest owner ever. Please go away Jimmy and Dee and please keep any offspring you have far away as well. Piece of Shit Steelers fag.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Browns have to be run by the dumbest owner ever. Please go away Jimmy and Dee and please keep any offspring you have far away as well. Piece of Shit Steelers fag.

He learned nothing when in Pittsburgh obviously. Maybe they shut the door on him or something in the shareholder meetings.

5th rounder. I still can't believe it, just plain dumb. My hunch is the Browns are blackballed for that stupid DW contract.

Best of luck and well wishes.  I appreciate Bakers contributions in helping this team start to show a turnaround. 

Worth pointing out, this is likely the best deal the Browns were offered.  Which includes reports of Detriot and the man who drafted Baker, getting in at the 11th hour.  If that influence couldn't net a better return, then it should be quite telling to all what the NFL thought of Mayfield.

Also leads me to believe the Browns have been informed of Deshauns suspension and it will be survivable by riding it out with Jacoby. 

Some good memories made.  Hoping the next ones will be even better. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Jacoby?  We got a guy named DeShaun if he’s not suspended for two years like some of you suggest.

We traded Baker for a 2024 pick that will probably be our next long snapper.  Let that sink in.

There is no doubt in mind that Baker is better than Lock and Smith so all this tells me that the Hawks are in full out tank mode ready for CJ Stroud and company. 

Let me brace the forum for a meltdown when Carolina pulls out a win with Baker and we are paying Baker’s salary because we stink in Week 1….please hang on…please….better days will be coming 

Neither one was my dream scenario but I'd have preferred Seattle. Carolina is garbage.

WSS 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Neither one was my dream scenario but I'd have preferred Seattle. Carolina is garbage.

WSS 

Panthers have a good front 7 and secondary.    They also have a good RB room provided Run CMC comes back healthy.    They invested resources into their oline this off season and their WR room - Higgins, DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are all good targets.

They play in a tough division.  "Garbage" is hardly the word I would use.

• Upvote 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Higgins, DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are all good targets.

Hmm...Higgins a good target?  'As Collinsworth said, He's not fast nor does he run particularly good routes.'     He's a CB's dream receiver.

28 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Panthers have a good front 7 and secondary.    They also have a good RB room provided Run CMC comes back healthy.    They invested resources into their oline this off season and their WR room - Higgins, DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are all good targets.

They play in a tough division.  "Garbage" is hardly the word I would use.

WSS

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

5th rounder? Holy crap, that sucks.

No leg to stand on. I don't say this as a steeler fan. It's what happens when you do your qb dirty and the rest of the league knows and sees how disgruntled he is. The team at the very least should have let him know they were going to go after Watson, especially after they trotted the dude out there with a bum shoulder. I still say he should have sat and keenum should have played so he could get healthy. Now in hindsight to me it feels like Haslam wanted to dirty the dudes name so they could easily move to the equally stupid Watson deal.  

Antonio brown should have went for a hell of a lot more than he did when he first got shipped out. However he melted down and his value was in the gutter. It was a damn Christmas miracle the steelers got what they did for him. I frankly figured he too would go for a 5th. 

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

Hmm...Higgins a good target?  'As Collinsworth said, He's not fast nor does he run particularly good routes.'     He's a CB's dream receiver.

Collinsworth is a dipshit. He gets entirely too much credit as does PFF which he birthed. No way in hell do the Bengals let him go unless they are going full goofy ass mode. He's very legit. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No leg to stand on. I don't say this as a steeler fan. It's what happens when you do your qb dirty and the rest of the league knows and sees how disgruntled he is. The team at the very least should have let him known they were going to go after Watson, especially after they trotted the dude out there with a bum shoulder. I still say he should have sat and keenum should have played so he could get healthy. Now I hindsight to feels like Haslam wanted to dirty the dudes name so they could easily move to the equally stupid Watson deal.  

Antonio brown should have went for a hell of a lot more than he did when he first got shipped out. However he melted down and his value was in the gutter. It was a damn Christmas miracle the steelers got what they did for him. I frankly figured he too would go for a 5th. 

The Browns and Berry did Mayfield like a fucking chicken wing... I hope he soars... These assholes don't deserve shit...

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, nickers said:

The Browns and Berry did Mayfield like a fucking chicken wing... I hope he soars... These assholes don't deserve shit...

Agreed. Baker isn't the be all end all but I don't think hes bad either. He was done dirty to the fullest degree. The Steelers before they signed trubisky apparently told him straight up if Pickett was available they were taking him. He still signed but he knew it was in the cards. I still can't believe the Browns managed to fuck all this up so bad. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No leg to stand on. I don't say this as a steeler fan. It's what happens when you do your qb dirty and the rest of the league knows and sees how disgruntled he is. The team at the very least should have let him know they were going to go after Watson, especially after they trotted the dude out there with a bum shoulder. I still say he should have sat and keenum should have played so he could get healthy. Now in hindsight to me it feels like Haslam wanted to dirty the dudes name so they could easily move to the equally stupid Watson deal.  

Correct, they did do him dirty. Plus, my hunch ( & probably many others) is since they signed DW to such a ridiculous contract, the Browns are kinda blackballed in NFL circles. 

If Carolina beats the Browns week 1, Haslam should sell the team. Oh shit, the Browns never win week 1.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob806 said:

Correct, they did do him dirty. Plus, my hunch ( & probably many others) is since they signed DW to such a ridiculous contract, the Browns are kinda blackballed in NFL circles. 

If Carolina beats the Browns week 1, Haslam should sell the team. Oh shit, the Browns never win week 1.

If I were a Browns fan I'd want nothing more than for that goober to sell the team. I also agree. The Browns likely pissed a lot of teams off with that deal. A fully guaranteed contract for that amount reset the market. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Let's not forget, those same men completed their own training without their sergeant AND were the type of go-getters to be hand selected for the EM-50 project.

Don’t eat the schnitzel…they’re using schnauzer.

1 minute ago, Bob806 said:

Correct, they did do him dirty.

No they didn't.  Don't listen to steeler fans.  An organization would never tell the player that they're planning on getting someone else in to take his job.  That would be dumb.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

No they didn't.  Don't listen to steeler fans.  An organization would never tell the player that they're planning on getting someone else in to take his job.  That would be dumb.  

Haslam & Berry told Baker they were going after Aaron Rogers and Russell Wilson.

And yes…they are dumb.