THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so, you're going to burn your ceramic overflowed toilet ? How? throw it into a glass blowing furnace? lol

Nah, DieHard installed one of those cutoff latrine shit burning barrels he brought home from Vietnam as a souvenir.💩🔥:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Dick Mellon said:

Panthers owner is a Steelers fan too, so all that Baker has ever done is play for Steelers fans.

Oh nice avatar.....reminds me of the US Steel Corporation which I worked for 11 years in Youngstown. 

I also spent 3 weeks in "the rusty nail" back in 1976 shortly after they built it.  And 600 Grant Street where my paychecks came from for 11 years.  Saw 9 Pirates games that summer. 

Great memories back then.

Safely just got back from Charlotte,NC

Monday's Pit Stop was at the Nascar HOF..

Nascar.. I'll get to posting pics in the Barber Shop, for those with interest mid week

a few Week 1 Baker Mayfield 📸 shots

IMG_20220911_113031833_HDR.jpg.519e363a016611814f7bd42825ccb8c8.jpg  Well Done ! IMG_20220911_130222045.jpg.4f815c8abd5357b5d0b9cb8651dd9c86.jpg!

IMG_20220911_130244859.jpg.d6a40cc1b197a6cb34a16f8c46be17eb.jpgIMG_20220911_130247898.jpg.d9a9646fc7c3138ee38ba9db77ab03a2.jpgIMG_20220911_130251859.jpg.28918730f27ae3b7742a4d8cbc0e40d1.jpgIMG_20220911_130254740.jpg.8cdf2c2d7a4e49bc2b3f9803767bf4a1.jpg

A spattering of boo's in the 1st half... If anyone needed a 4th quarter? Baker Mayfield did that..

edit--When we first settled into our seats? I paid a lot of attention to Cade York (dead-leg) warming up👀 I'll drop some pic's & what I saw by Tuesday morning.. #cannon

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone will take me for a Baker defender.   But the guy is playing behind, arguably, the league's worst Oline.

But it really does go to solidify that he's an ok QB, but not capable of eliminating pass pro issues or making the weapons around him THAT much better.      

I wish him health.    Lord knows he'll need it on that offense.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't think anyone will take me for a Baker defender.   But the guy is playing behind, arguably, the league's worst Oline.

But it really does go to solidify that he's an ok QB, but not capable of eliminating pass pro issues or making the weapons around him THAT much better.      

I wish him health.    Lord knows he'll need it on that offense.

Having an Amari Cooper out there really helps the Browns' offense. Bissett made that big play with future HOF Chubb, and also Hunt, to Cooper.

Baker did it with a TE. Crazy football season. The squealers are tanking, even the Bengals are struggling. I have no idea what is up with that. Macadoo has just started with the Panthers this year. The ratbirds - may or may not beat the pats tomorrow. Miami is really on a roll.

The ratbirds lost to Miami 42-38.  Just crazy.

Now that's an interesting but maybe conflicting piece of football garb.

Like MAY or MAYBE not FIELD.....well sorta'.

.......edit, but I do see some solid #24 jerseys in the crowd too.

IMG_20220911_113031833_HDR.jpg.519e363a016611814f7bd42825ccb8c8.jpg

Edited by mjp28

For the Baker backers. They upset the Saints. Mayfield? Um, 12/25 50% completions. 1TD, 0 INT. 170 yards passing- but as against the Browns, 67 yards of that on one play. 83 qbr.

Saints? Give up a fumble 6, two missed FGs, and a tip int. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

For the Baker backers. They upset the Saints. Mayfield? Um, 12/25 50% completions. 1TD, 0 INT. 170 yards passing- but as against the Browns, 67 yards of that on one play. 83 qbr.

Saints? Give up a fumble 6, two missed FGs, and a tip int. 

Yeah it's a team sport. The Browns seem to be playing on all eight or 12 cylinders depending on what kind of a ride you have. Jacoby is on the good end of that bargain. I doubt he would be putting up those numbers under Hue Jackson.

Oh well.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

It's hilarious the space Baker rents free in the minds of Baker haters... The Football equivalent of TDS... BDS!

Hey, some folks here love Baker so much, just have to keep them posted on the latest.  :D  14 games to go...  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nickers said:

It's hilarious the space Baker rents free in the minds of Baker haters... The Football equivalent of TDS... BDS!

Actually, kinda sick or just childish to hate Baker. But their offensive line started to play together a bit, this last win was the first home win since about a year ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/everything-matt-rhule-said-following-the-win-over-new-orleans/ar-AA12g0kb?cvid=2910ef7e8d4a4da0a20a6611877f1890

"

RE: Laviska Shenault's performance today

"We had a couple plays for him. Early on we ran a play where we ran back on a naked and they defended him so we had some plays for him. Certainly, that ball that he caught, really, he is kind of running a flat route and it’s really supposed to go to the other guy but they played it differently. Baker [Mayfield] read it perfectly and got on the ball and he turned and ran down the field."

For losing so many games, Baker and the Panthers will improve a lot week to week I think. Should be fun to watch.

39 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Almost cult-like.... hmmmm.... 😏

No really, I don't hate Baker at all...  But I do like to keep tabs on him. Just out of curiosity to see if the Browns made a huge mistake dumping him. Or, OTOH  "He is who we thought he was." A middle of the pack average quarterback that the rest of the league has figured out.  

He may not have Chubb, but he does have McCaffery.  Time for the Cult to stop the excuses... 

22 hours ago, hoorta said:

No really, I don't hate Baker at all...  But I do like to keep tabs on him. Just out of curiosity to see if the Browns made a huge mistake dumping him. Or, OTOH  "He is who we thought he was." A middle of the pack average quarterback that the rest of the league has figured out.  

He may not have Chubb, but he does have McCaffery.  Time for the Cult to stop the excuses... 

No excuses necessary. Just saying if the guy had a team firing on all cylinders like the Cleveland Browns it would be a different story not only for him but for Jacoby Brissett who would be riding the pine in obscurity somewhere. That's it. Everything else, be it his future in the NFL and or Deshaun Watson's future in the NFL and or the Cleveland Browns Super Bowl win are all up for speculation.

WSS