THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

36 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

QB School reviews Manziel as a freshman at TA&M vs Alabama

For those of you who won't watch it.. Manziel was a one-and-run even in his Heisman year, and he left points on the board multiple times with poor accuracy to wide-open WR's who had to dive/stop to make the catch.  Even his "highlight" sandlot plays contained problems of his own making -- he butt-fumbled to himself because he ran into his own OL while leaving the pocket too early.

I had never watched him in depth until that 2013 bowl season. But I remember him struggling to process even the most vanilla cover 3 looks from Uconn.    His ability to read then anticipate zone coverage windows was Brady Quinn-esque. Top off the fact he was a marginal athlete and below average size for the QB position...

I think my first post on this board was declaring how much of a fraud that pick was.  Hurts because that 2014 class was loaded with talent.  Imagine that team having spent picks on Mike Evans and depth at center instead of trotting out Miles Austin? 

Or even better - not hiring Jim O'Neill.

Anyone surprised  ?   

What a mess this all turned out to be for the BROWNS world.   

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2022 at 1:48 PM, Unsympathetic said:

I wonder if now Berea is going to keep Baker for the initial games this season while Watson is suspended..  if we're going to pay him, might as well play him.

But perhaps NFL is going to "Hold" the decision on Watson, not that there's anything more to learn of course.  And why?  Look no further than the NFL's Categorical Imperative - had Kant placed "Suck it, Cleveland" as the highest moral precept.

Yeah, from a month ago... BUT with Baker now excused from mandatory mini camp, it's obvious should Watson get suspended, we're rolling with Brissett. Baker can sit at home and collect his paychecks.  

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I had never watched him in depth until that 2013 bowl season. But I remember him struggling to process even the most vanilla cover 3 looks from Uconn.    His ability to read then anticipate zone coverage windows was Brady Quinn-esque. Top off the fact he was a marginal athlete and below average size for the QB position...

I think my first post on this board was declaring how much of a fraud that pick was.  Hurts because that 2014 class was loaded with talent.  Imagine that team having spent picks on Mike Evans and depth at center instead of trotting out Miles Austin? 

Or even better - not hiring Jim O'Neill.

Arrrgghhh!!!  You would have to make me look up the Browns disaster of the 2014 NFL draft.  OK, we did draft Bitonio in the second. However, Evans went off the board one pick before the Browns decided to take megabust Justin Gilbert. 🤮 Wanna barf? If instead of Gilbert and Manziel, had the Browns drafted Aaron Donald and Derek Carr instead (both available when Cleveland drafted), I'd hazard a wild guess the Browns wouldn't have gone 0-16 a few years down the road...  

On 5/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, Dick Mellon said:

I was surprised that a majority of Steelers fans actually wanted him; not that he's bad; I like him but I never thought that he was a fit for PIT. Now that the draft is over and we got 4 QB's he is the furthest thing from our minds.

I'm really disappointed in how things played out with CLE picking up his 5th year option, then paying too much for a serial sex offender QB. Yes, Jimmy said that he wants CLE to be just like PIT but having a serial sex offender QB is not the best way to copy the Steelers.  See, we didn't know that Ben was a rapist before we got him, and if we had known that, then we wouldn't have gotten him.

Hey 'SE Asia' go back to your pedo ring.  

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, from a month ago... BUT with Baker now excused from mandatory mini camp, it's obvious should Watson get suspended, we're rolling with Brissett. Baker can sit at home and collect his paychecks.  

Arrrgghhh!!!  You would have to make me look up the Browns disaster of the 2014 NFL draft.  OK, we did draft Bitonio in the second. However, Evans went off the board one pick before the Browns decided to take megabust Justin Gilbert. 🤮 Wanna barf? If instead of Gilbert and Manziel, had the Browns drafted Aaron Donald and Derek Carr instead (both available when Cleveland drafted), I'd hazard a wild guess the Browns wouldn't have gone 0-16 a few years down the road...  

Bito was like a redemption shot in beer pong - sure you get to keep playing, but that aim damn well better improve fast or you're still going to lose.

Don't forget we did move down from 4, which is what put us out of reach for Mike Evans ( IIRC?  Honestly, I was hammered drunk that night)

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Bito was like a redemption shot in beer pong - sure you get to keep playing, but that aim damn well better improve fast or you're still going to lose.

Don't forget we did move down from 4, which is what put us out of reach for Mike Evans ( IIRC?  Honestly, I was hammered drunk that night)

:) and I did forget that we moved down from #4 that evening.  

Baker Mayfield trade talk thread...... CLE and SF ?   Who wins here ?

Jimmy Garoppolo and Baker Mayfield are both stuck in limbo as their teams look to move them via trade, but an interesting solution could kill two birds with one stone for the San Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns.

Both teams are expected to be contenders next season but face a unique situation at quarterback. The Browns have been unable to move Mayfield after trading for Deshaun Watson, mostly due to his near $19 million salary for next season. The 49ers are also looking to move on from their former starter in Garoppolo, opting to start 2021 No. 3 overall pick Trey Lance. Garoppolo is due $24 million and is coming off surgery on his throwing shoulder.

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe proposed that a move swapping the two quarterbacks would be the best option for both teams.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Baker Mayfield trade talk thread...... CLE and SF ?   Who wins here ?

Jimmy Garoppolo and Baker Mayfield are both stuck in limbo as their teams look to move them via trade, but an interesting solution could kill two birds with one stone for the San Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns.

Both teams are expected to be contenders next season but face a unique situation at quarterback. The Browns have been unable to move Mayfield after trading for Deshaun Watson, mostly due to his near $19 million salary for next season. The 49ers are also looking to move on from their former starter in Garoppolo, opting to start 2021 No. 3 overall pick Trey Lance. Garoppolo is due $24 million and is coming off surgery on his throwing shoulder.

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe proposed that a move swapping the two quarterbacks would be the best option for both teams.

I like it!! Let's swap QBs!! Ding ding change QBs when the bell rings! 🤣😎

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

So then we'd have a $24 million problem instead of a $19 mil.

Might need some negotiating by both parties  to pull that off   -but-   it could be done.

I think Mayfield as a 49er would be a great fit for him and SF,  and having an experienced quarterback not named  DW or BM might come in very handy for Cleveland. 

Who knows what other deals are out there ???? 

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

and having an experienced quarterback not named  DW or BM might come in very handy for Cleveland. 

The only way I see Garoppolo coming here is if we find out that Watson is suspended for the season, or at least most of the season.  They didn't even want to pay Keenum's 6 mil for the backup QB spot.  Remember, they've reworked the whole QB room to be Watson clones.  JG doesn't seem to match their new tact.  Having said that, if there's no Watson, then JG would be a better QB than our backups.  He's a Baker level QB.  

1 minute ago, Orion said:

The only way I see Garoppolo coming here is if we find out that Watson is suspended for the season, or at least most of the season.  They didn't even want to pay Keenum's 6 mil for the backup QB spot.  Remember, they've reworked the whole QB room to be Watson clones.  JG doesn't seem to match their new tact.  Having said that, if there's no Watson, then JG would be a better QB than our backups.  He's a Baker level QB.  

You don’t punt this upcoming season and run with jacoby Brissett.  Way too much talent to do that.

If Jimmy G played in a super bowl. He’s not Watson but he can guide a team to a playoff especially a team with pieces like we have 

10 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The only thing going for Baker… he is the better arm talent.

Jimmy G is an improvement. 

]considering the media is going to suspend Watson for a year…brace yourself…I’d like a starting caliber QB with the talent we have 

Oh yes.  You'd like to have some kind of known talent at quarterback to start the regular season.   Geezz even a planned talent there at preseason to start things off.  

What a predicament to be in,    :huh:

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yes the FO thought that they got a franchise quarterback with this big deal.  

Instead they got a weirdo behind center.....no pun intended.   This might take more time to resolve itself maybe even with some last minute deal. 

Preseason starts August 4, regular season September 8,  the clock is ticking. 

• Like 1

San Fran is in a different situation than us. They drafted a qb#3 overall last year, and they are committed to him.

We have a Super Bowl quality roster and Colby fucking Briskett at QB because we just royally fucked up a scenario featuring two franchise qbs who may never play for us again, $240M and all of our important draft picks for three years.

Z

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

San Fran is in a different situation than us. They drafted a qb#3 overall last year, and they are committed to him.

We have a Super Bowl quality roster and Colby fucking Briskett at QB because we just royally fucked up a scenario featuring two franchise qbs who may never play for us again, $240M and all of our important draft picks for three years.

Z

It's all related to physics 101 somehow.  🤗

https://www.britannica.com/science/Brownian-motion

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

.....✔️......We have a Super Bowl quality roster and Colby fucking Briskett at QB because we just royally fucked up a scenario featuring two franchise qbs who may never play for us again, $240M and all of our important draft picks for three years.

Z

.....✔️ .....   The whole current situation summed up in one sentence. 

SO   now we sit and wait and hope somehow the legal process, which is always slow and methodical by design, can somehow rescue the BROWNS  out of this abysmal contract they are in because it may be void or voidable.

(Briefly,  Depending on the contract and the specific terms and conditions it includes, you may have the option to back out of the contract within a certain period of time.)  

But good luck on that even after a possibly long court battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND  who do you hope will be the BROWNS  starting quarterback week 1 ?   

You must choose one :

A. Watson  B. Brisset  C. Mayfield  D. Other (specify one)

GO 2022 BROWNS !

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

.....✔️ .....   The whole current situation summed up in one sentence. 

SO   now we sit and wait and hope somehow the legal process, which is always slow and methodical by design, can somehow rescue the BROWNS  out of this abysmal contract they are in because it may be void or voidable.

(Briefly,  Depending on the contract and the specific terms and conditions it includes, you may have the option to back out of the contract within a certain period of time.)  

But good luck on that even after a possibly long court battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND  who do you hope will be the BROWNS  starting quarterback week 1 ?   

You must choose one :

GO 2022 BROWNS !

Mayfield...

On 6/10/2022 at 9:45 AM, mjp28 said:

You must choose one :

Zombo said....San Fran is in a different situation than us.

A look at Kyle Shanahan before and after a Deshaun Watson trade.

Erzcg5PXcAYR89k.jpg.ebea6bf1d2906017b03991675d4702a1.jpg

Any Browns fans out there, feel they've aged the same? 🤣

download.jpg.63cb61e6cb03746aba08ab8e0a9556ce.jpg   ghee Thanks Russ Wilson !

How bout Redskins former starting QB Taylor 

download.jpg.7d7f83a1b57f7d98ec6d42ef50f2124c.jpg  but he might still beat out Carson Wentz...

yeah! your right.. a sweet barmaid had to cut me off at 9pm... 🥃  Good Night Merica

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

download.jpg.7d7f83a1b57f7d98ec6d42ef50f2124c.jpg 

yeah! your right.. a sweet barmaid had to cut me off at 9pm... 🥃  Good Night Merica

I'm not a bar guy at all, but after A&M went from the bottom of the SEC baseball conference last year to the top of the SEC West and first team to make it to the CWS in Omaha yesterday under their new HC, I was sorely tempted to become one in celebration.🍻🍻🤗

Baseball ?  I thought we weren't supposed to mention baseball here.

But point made.   :)

• Haha 1