THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Rosen

Browns149

Jake Burns.. Josh Rosen film room

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/cleveland-browns-josh-rosen-film-room-190458623/#190458623_1

same  Weaknesses

• Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch (check..play like 6'4)
  • Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent
  • May need to make greater effort to drive ball on seam throws
  • Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top
  • Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move
  • Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away

preseason games with backups and Dobbs vs Rosen...  Oh My !

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Orion said:

2 Cents.    I like it here because the mods are pretty cool.  They let ya go off topic.  They let ya say stuff.  It's a cool place.

Political boards:   The political country is in a major divide.   The democrats absolutely hate republicans.  And it's the same in reverse.  The two groups CANNOT discuss with one another.  You would have to have TWO political forums.  One for dems and one for republicans.   To bring them together is just gonna make people dislike one another to the core.  

I never go to that forum.  I wouldn't be able to make anyone from the opposing point of view understand what I think is proper and isn't.....and I would just learn to hate, what, 50% of you?

You can't have a guns vs non guns forum.  You can't have a religion forum.  You can't have an abortion forum.  Etc.   You are not allowed to discuss third rail topics at work because it destroys morale and pisses people off.  

That's my 2 cents on third rail forums.   

An astute observation Orion... Opinions are so dug in you're not going to change anyone's mind. A little OT and political forum POV from me, FYI... But it needs to be said. The guys on our political forum wouldn't last a week if they ventured over to the Washington Post's discussions that follow almost every article. Their spew would almost instantly be deleted, and they'd be banned from posting.  

Should you go to liberal leaning blogs like Farron Cousins, Glen Kirchner, David Packman, or even posting alt-right opinions on MSNBC YouTubes... The trolls and folks who are still drinking Trump Kool-Aid are immediately outed, reported, and generally laughed at. 

• Sad 1

I never injured my knee - btw, I had osgood/schlatters in my knees very young, somehow, and it progressed to where it started to come apart and I developed a trick knee. The major part of the restructuring was relocating the connection of the patellar ligment sp? to the tibia. Another was structuring the tibia to allow the kneecap to have a new path up and down. At the time I enlisted, my knee was doing fine, unless I played football with my friends - then I would not sleep much at night. w-a-a-a. But when your kneecap dislocates - you wish God would let you go unconscious.

which, btw, I was draft exempt in 1970 because of my knee, they sent me home. I enlisted in '73, after leaving college, to have a job to help my family pay all their bills during a very hostile long strike. I wanted to go into the Navy, but the recruiter said I would never pass the physical, the only chance at all, would be the Air Force. So, that was that. Except, they were going to send me home again, in the physical, after a few x-rays, but I said they had to let me try, told them why, and said one rubber company already closed and there were a thousand applicants for even a part-time store clerk job. So, after the dr.s consulted, they let me go ahead, but said they thought my knee would never make it.

The scar on my knee is close to 11 3/4 inches long, a third of an inch or so wide. It was back in the day, see.

When I finally got my knee replaced, I was told they gasped at my knee when they opened it up - my surgeon said he'd done thousands of knees, and mine was the second worst he'd ever seen.

The rest of the story - only friends know. The End.

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Mayfield - I hope he throws for 500 yards and 7 touchdowns, and rosen throws 9 interceptions, and zero touchdowns.

For just that one game....

"here we go, Panthers, here we go".

I just don't get that at all. Either you're a Browns fan regardless of how p.o.'d they make you sometimes or you're not. You don't hope the worst for your team ever. Nor do you ever root for a former player you liked to beat them just to prove yourself right that they should not have let him go. That's just not being a true fan IMO. God knows after watching OU & A&M request the clock be running all the time in the second half of a 66-0 OU rout of my Aggies I was thinking Francione is the worst coach in our history. I was fit to be tied. But I never rooted for them to lose to anybody so we could be rid of him. That makes zero sense for a real fan of a team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

At the time I enlisted, my knee was doing fine, unless I played football with my friends - then I would not sleep much at night. w-a-a-a. But when your kneecap dislocates - you wish God would let you go unconscious.

which, btw, I was draft exempt in 1970 because of my knee, they sent me home. I enlisted in '73, after leaving college, to have a job to help my family pay all their bills during a very hostile long strike. I wanted to go into the Navy, but the recruiter said I would never pass the physical, the only chance at all, would be the Air Force. 

That's interesting... playing backyard football would cause your knee such discomfort that you couldn't sleep at night, but your knee could make it through basic training. Now, I know some don't consider basic training in the Air Force to be very hard, I believe a Poliboard buddy of yours referred to the Air Force as being filled with pansies (or did he say pussies? I don't know, I heard this second-hand) but still, I'm surprised you and your knee could make it through it. Hats off to you! 

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I just don't get that at all. Either you're a Browns fan regardless of how p.o.'d they make you sometimes or you're not. You don't hope the worst for your team ever. Nor do you ever root for a former player you liked to beat them just to prove yourself right that they should not have let him go. That's just not being a true fan IMO. God knows after watching OU & A&M request the clock be running all the time in the second half of a 66-0 OU rout of my Aggies I was thinking Francione is the worst coach in our history. I was fit to be tied. But I never rooted for them to lose to anybody so we could be rid of him. That makes zero sense for a real fan of a team.

You do realize that this entire season is going to be, on this board, a group of Browns fans rooting for the Browns to win fighting with a group of Browns fans openly rooting for the Browns to lose, right? 

Have fun, mods. 

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's interesting... playing backyard football would cause your knee such discomfort that you couldn't sleep at night, but your knee could make it through basic training. Now, I know some don't consider basic training in the Air Force to be very hard, I believe a Poliboard buddy of yours referred to the Air Force as being filled with pansies (or did he say pussies? I don't know, I heard this second-hand) but still, I'm surprised you and your knee could make it through it. Hats off to you! 

ok, I actually read this post - my friends would never let me qb. Or wr. I usually blocked on the line, and pass defended/lb. One time, the other team, several of them from another hs,  kicked off right to me, laughing. My friends heard they were going to, and said for me to pitch back and block - I didn't have to prove anything to those jerks. I got pissed, hesitated, and took off. My friends were terrified, but I had spent my youth studying Leroy Kelly's every move - I wanted to be a rb and after the second-to-lsat guywho couldn't get to me, I faced the last guy - who played cb for a hs team - so I knew I couldn't juke him so I went up into the air, put my hip into his shoulder, we both slammed to the ground, and I did not fumble the ball when I landed hard on my shoulder. Good times. I was 3' short of a td. Scared I did, but didn't hurt my knee. Fights broke out...etc.

But yes, I was used to putting ice bags on my knee after that kind of activity. I loved the game - it was fun blocking on the line vs bigger guys. I would trap block them best I could, etc, sometimes got bowled over if they guessed right. lol. It was fun.

And in basic, about the 6th week - my knee swelled up badly, and I couldn't really set my heel in, so I faked it. But, one of the our two meanest TI's who was also funny at times - marched next to me a few times and asked me quietly how my knee was. Dammit - they noticed. I lied and said "Sir, fine, sir". I remember he shook his head and gave me the look. Combat boots on a paved track, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile, 1 mile, my knee was in bad shape.

The rest of the story, nah.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

And in basic, about the 6th week - my knee swelled up badly, and I couldn't really set my heel in, so I faked it. But, one of the our two meanest TI's who was also funny at times - marched next to me a few times and asked me quietly how my knee was. Dammit - they noticed. I lied and said "Sir, fine, sir". I remember he shook his head and gave me the look. Combat boots on a paved track, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile, 1 mile, my knee was in bad shape.

You know the difference between a fairy tale and a war story?

Fairy tale starts out, "Once upon a time....."

War story starts out, "This ain't no shit....."

LOL! Just foolin' with ya! Sometimes when people want to know something of what I was involved with in Vietnam I just preface it with that little ditty. 😱😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You do realize that this entire season is going to be, on this board, a group of Browns fans rooting for the Browns to win fighting with a group of Browns fans openly rooting for the Browns to lose, right? 

Have fun, mods. 

I look at it as 90-95% of the true Cleveland BROWNS  fans to root on for our Browns to win despite everything in the past.  Remember too winning cures a lot of ills.  Openly rooting to lose ?  Really this is not 0-16 again....not near that.

And the remaining 5-10% (probably less)   eh, we'll deal with them each week.  I think maybe 3 or 4 wise guys but they won't be a problem for long...lol.  now a 6-11 season and all bets are off !    I do think they might make a WC try, we'll see on that too. A +/- .500 season may also depend on how they do in the first half of the season. 

We all absolutely know what has happened up to July 26 and why,  it's unknown that is the interesting part.  Bet on an 8-9 or 9-8 season is anyone's guess right now.  We'll know more September 11, 2022.

GO BROWNS,   just win baby.

I end up rooting for all of the cast off former Browns players.

That includes Jarvis Landry, Baker Mayfield, but not Joe Shobert.

I never cheer for the fucking Stoolers or any of their players…ex Browns or not.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I end up rooting for all of the cast off former Browns players.

That includes Jarvis Landry, Baker Mayfield, but not Joe Shobert.

I never cheer for the fucking Stoolers or any of their players…ex Browns or not.

I can see Landry a class act, now Baker Reagan Mayfield played tough   -but-  was a bit cocky at times  both  off and occasionally on the field.

Game 1  we'll see how much BRM is on target,  I'll root for him starting in Game 2.   Would love to see him again in the playoffs.    :lol:

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.. Folks asked me "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong.  :(   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.. Folks asked me "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong.  :(   

I'm not rooting for them to lose... But I would love for Baker to get some revenge.. Whether you like him or not... He got fucked over...

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Opening day 2012 team? 

QB weeden

1Back Richardson 

2back Obby

TE1 Cam Jordan

LT - Joe

LG - Lavaou

C - Mack 

RG - pinkston? I think 

RT - Schwartz

LE - Sheard

Nose - Phil Taylor

DT - I want to say Hughes? 

RE - Frosty 

LB - DQ

LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

How'd I do?  That was without google 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.

....... Folks asked me   "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong........  :(   

I look at it as I'm a Cleveland BROWNS  fan not a this guy  or. this coach. or this owner fan.

That's like  " I'll  cancel my tickets, burn my jackets and jerseys and all my memorabilia......everything. that will show them, nah nah, nah."  

Like my mother used to say......"don't cut off your nose to spite your face".   What will that get you  nothing.   That's just childish behavior and it gets you nowhere. 

I've been a BROWNS,  INDIANS,  BUCKEYES,  NAVY, YSU  and. ND with a few others.   And of course my point of view. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm not rooting for them to lose... But I would love for Baker to get some revenge.. Whether you like him or not... He got fucked over...

He got replaced by a better player.

If that means he got "fucked over", well, welcome to the NFL - and life. 

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Opening day 2012 team? 

QB weeden

1Back Richardson 

2back Obby

TE1 Cam Jordan

LT - Joe

LG - Lavaou

C - Mack 

RG - pinkston? I think 

RT - Schwartz

LE - Sheard

Nose - Phil Taylor

RE - Frosty 

LB - DQ

OK, Impressive, I'm old and my memory is failing... :D  

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Opening day 2012 team? 

QB weeden

1Back Richardson 

2back Obby

TE1 Cam Jordan

LT - Joe

LG - Lavaou

C - Mack 

RG - pinkston? I think 

RT - Schwartz

LE - Sheard

Nose - Phil Taylor

RE - Frosty 

LB - DQ

Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off.

WRs though?

Greg Little and Robiski 

Did we have Flash yet? Or was that 2013?

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off

This game will forever be known for Brandon Weeden getting stuck under the giant American flag just before starting his first NFL game.

It all went downhill for him from then. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm old and my memory is failing...

I'll never forget Ogbo's block on Ray Lewis.  Was a thing of beauty.   (watch on youtube)   I liked him.  I thought he was a smart football player.  He could do all aspects of the RB position.  He wasn't a great player, but he was a pretty good player.  He always knew where to go...where he was needed...and accomplished the task.  Be it run, catch, find the blitzer....he'd do the job.

I just can't wait for the 2022 BROWNS football season to get started from preseason Game 1.

Get this brutal offseason over and buried for good.   Time for us all to take a deep breath and relax. 

We've all been through a lot it's just time to move on !   I don't remember any off year in my roughly six plus decades as a Cleveland Browns fan it being  so miserable of an offseason.  I will apologize to any fans out there if I've been nasty in any way its just been a miserable seven +/-  months.    

GO BROWNS,  can't  wait baby !     :)

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off.

WRs though?

Greg Little and Robiski 

Did we have Flash yet? Or was that 2013?

Gordon was picked up in the supplemental that year- 2nd round bid

On 7/25/2022 at 10:42 PM, hoorta said:

An astute observation Orion... Opinions are so dug in you're not going to change anyone's mind. A little OT and political forum POV from me, FYI... But it needs to be said. The guys on our political forum wouldn't last a week if they ventured over to the Washington Post's discussions that follow almost every article. Their spew would almost instantly be deleted, and they'd be banned from posting.  

Should you go to liberal leaning blogs like Farron Cousins, Glen Kirchner, David Packman, or even posting alt-right opinions on MSNBC YouTubes... The trolls and folks who are still drinking Trump Kool-Aid are immediately outed, reported, and generally laughed at. 

Right...libs only publish what they want.  If the narrative doesn't fit they create a way to call you a racist.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Right...libs only publish what they want.  If the narrative doesn't fit they create a way to call you a racist.

My goodness, if this thread hasn't proven anything, its proven that no one plays the victim like a conservative! 

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I think that goes both ways on everything out there now both here on TBB and moreso on other sites is so    "carefully and deliberately"    selected to get their message across that being  we're right  and you're WRONG !

Nowhere is that more clearly shown than the political cartoons out there.....and I love ❤️ them, both sides, on the same issues.  It's so quickly and professionally done just like a comic strip.

Politics and comedy go so well together.    :lol:

On 7/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, Riffer X said:

Starting threads with every little whim of thought will be either merged or deleted. That goes for you, Cal.

Yeah, well.....duly noted.

dammit. (lol)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Yeah, well.....duly noted.

dammit. (lol)

We are not just site moderators we are also referees  like in a heavyweight fight.   " So watch those low blows guys, keep those gloves up".   

Hey it goes with the job now but we can  (and will)  handle it....no problem right ?    ;)

• Upvote 1