THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Rosen

Browns149

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games.  Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ?  QB 4 ???   A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?

What a freaking mess they've got themselves into.  (Not new news.)

I don't think it hints at anything about Watsons suspension.

I think he was brought in to maybe push Brissett.  I also think they are considering a back-up for the future.  If Watson is suspended, whoever starts is going to have the tape to possibly seeks a starting gig next year.  The guy who doesn't start is going to have to settle for a back-up salary.  Assuming Brissett starts, the idea could be that Rosen becomes our back-up the next 3 years.  Assuming he is better than Dobbs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Continues the trend of bringing in (former) promising 1st round picks that are young and cheap.    

Another example being Taven Bryan.    Just the front office sticking to a certain part of their philosophy and leaving no stone unturned.    Nothing more, nothing less.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games.  Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ?  QB 4 ???   A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?

What a freaking mess they've got themselves into.  (Not new news.)

You need camp arms.

if Watson is out Brissett becomes a guy that you give some reps to but you want to protect him somewhat in preseason. 

so enter Dobbs and Rosen 

Actually a lot of pundits said Rosen had played in a more pro-oriented offense and was probably more ready to step in to an NFL lineup. Keep in mind that he was drafted into probably the worst possible situation. Then he was unceremoniously s*** canned by a coach who wanted to bring in one of his homeboys from his old school.

WSS

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

LOL, I thought you were being funny, Zombo.

No - I was all in on Josh Allen. Flugels and I have laughed about it later on....

Caught hell for it for disagreeing with Hoorta, for one. How dare I disagree with Tour!

They kept bashing Josh Allen, and I kept talking saying Josh Rosen was a very bad choice.

Note: (lol - only since you thought it was me....)

on 2/28/2018 at 2:40 PM Hoorta said:

1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads. 

2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board. 

3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character......."

Thanks for proving me right Cal..  In case you forgot- I watched at least 6 complete games of Allen's while he was at Wyoming. (reports were he had a 90 yard range with his cannon- though he declined to prove that at his pro day). At the time it didn't matter, because the tape showed he was 10 times less accurate than Baker Mayfield on a bad day.  :D Josh is probably the one in a thousand quarterbacks who took coaching seriously, changed his mechanics- and improved his accuracy by orders of magnitude. 

I don't think anyone disagreed with Tour that Rosen was capable of throwing beautiful spirals. Yeah- Josh's attitude was questioned, and not just by you. But a shitty attitude does not preclude one from being a great NFL quarterback, starting with HOF bound Aaron Rodgers. 

I have to admit though I was pretty surprised on how fast Rosen flamed out... But there's dozens of first round quarterback busts in the club. Jamarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, Jeff George, Akili "worm burner" Smith-LOL, and of course are very own Johnny Football, and Brandon We-done.   

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Thanks for proving me right Cal..  In case you forgot- I watched at least 6 complete games of Allen's while he was at Wyoming. (reports were he had a 90 yard range with his cannon- though he declined to prove that at his pro day). At the time it didn't matter, because the tape showed he was 10 times less accurate than Baker Mayfield on a bad day.  :D Josh is probably the one in a thousand quarterbacks who took coaching seriously, changed his mechanics- and improved his accuracy by orders of magnitude. 

I don't think anyone disagreed with Tour that Rosen was capable of throwing beautiful spirals. Yeah- Josh's attitude was questioned, and not just by you. But a shitty attitude does not preclude one from being a great NFL quarterback, starting with HOF bound Aaron Rodgers. 

I have to admit though I was pretty surprised on how fast Rosen flamed out... But there's dozens of first round quarterback busts in the club. Jamarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, Jeff George, Akili "worm burner" Smith-LOL, and of course are very own Johnny Football, and Brandon We-done.   

Thanks for proving me right again.........

in case you forgot, I questioned rosen on many aspects of his character. He threw a beautiful spiral, ya.

But his love for the game was trash. His ego was off the charts, but in a very bad way - he did NOT love football. He was not a leader. etc etc.

I was all in on Allen going to be a terrific qb in the NFL.

You had rosen rated above Allen - that makes you not right at the time.

It wasn't just me - there were other guys who believed in Allen back then.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

first round quarterback busts in the club....Joey Harrington,

I swear that kid kicked our asses every time we played him.   (including pre-season)

We'll have a little QB derby in TC.   

Is Dobbs still PS eligible? 

Let cal have his moment hoorta, this is literally the only thing he's ever got right. 😁

He'll probably have "I WAS RIGHT ABOUT JOSH ALLEN" on his tombstone. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually a lot of pundits said Rosen had played in a more pro-oriented offense and was probably more ready to step in to an NFL lineup. Keep in mind that he was drafted into probably the worst possible situation. Then he was unceremoniously s*** canned by a coach who wanted to bring in one of his homeboys from his old school.

WSS

ummm no playbook no ota's he is so far behind and i believe it is just a ploy to try and get jimmy g for a low round pick and part of his salary picked up by san fran ala baker

2 hours ago, syd said:

no playbook no ota's he is so far behind

And what kind of reps is he gonna get in TC?  3rd stringers?  It's not going to be easy for Rosen to become the suspension starter.....but Brissette is new to the team this year too.  He's not all that far ahead.  

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Thanks for proving me right again.........

in case you forgot, I questioned rosen on many aspects of his character. He threw a beautiful spiral, ya.

But his love for the game was trash. His ego was off the charts, but in a very bad way - he did NOT love football. He was not a leader. etc etc.

Please keep your delusions over on the Political Forum.  Blind squirrels occasionally find acorns.   What part of my opinion that unless Allen drastically improved his accuracy, (backed up by hours of watching him on tape)  that the possibility was very real he was going to be a mega-bust. Or do you fail to comprehend that little factoid? Good For him, Bills Fans worship him. Keep on dredging up the past- hindsight is always 20\20. Too bad you now get a twofer on the Browns, Watson AND the Chosen Rosen? LOL, when does squirrel season start? 

PS Cal, you have a fixation to prove yourself "right" regardless of evidence to the contrary.    

16 hours ago, Orion said:

I swear that kid kicked our asses every time we played him.   (including pre-season)

We'll have a little QB derby in TC.   

Is Dobbs still PS eligible? 

New PS rules make nearly anyone eligible.  Rosen is probably practice squad eligible.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Please keep your delusions over on the Political Forum. 

Well let's see.

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Thanks for proving me right again...

PROBABLY TRUE lol

TRUE

SUBJECTIVE BUT TRUE REGARDING EGO

TRUE

TRUE

TRUE

Bad time to accuse Cal of being delusional. It appears he would be right most of the time over on the poli forum. Maybe you're the one that's delusional?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Bad time to accuse Cal of being delusional. It appears he would be right most of the time over on the poli forum. Maybe you're the one that's delusional?

Please use the pink font when using sarcasm, as it is hard to pick up in written form. Thanks! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Please keep your delusions over on the Political Forum.  Blind squirrels occasionally find acorns.   What part of my opinion that unless Allen drastically improved his accuracy, (backed up by hours of watching him on tape)  that the possibility was very real he was going to be a mega-bust. Or do you fail to comprehend that little factoid? Good For him, Bills Fans worship him. Keep on dredging up the past- hindsight is always 20\20. Too bad you now get a twofer on the Browns, Watson AND Allen? LOL, when does squirrel season start? 

PS Cal, you have a fixation to prove yourself "right" regardless of evidence to the contrary.    

No need to bring up the political board in this discussion.  A lot of the type of venom you see in the political forum is spilling over into the football forum. Take a look at some of the football threads still going 2 weeks after the end of all intelligent conversation...  

I GET IT - you don't like Cal and that's fine. You didn't start hating the guy until that political forum invited you to do so. Back in 1998-99, you were both just 2 fans in Camp Couch with a common bond for whatever that's worth.  When Cal is in here participating in a football topic - let's just keep the ball busting geared toward our football opinions and maniacal predictions.  People busted Cal's chops endlessly (inclusive of me) about thinking Allen was the best QB prospect for the Browns so why shouldn't he have some fun with it?  I don't have a problem with him reminding us or me about it.  I'll just be there ready to pounce and bounce the next time he's wrong...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

New PS rules make nearly anyone eligible.  Rosen is probably practice squad eligible.

He was on Tampa's practice squad in September 2020 before the 49ers signed him off their practice squad only to waive him in their 1st round of roster cuts.  Last I knew, he was with the Falcons.  Not sure what happened with that.

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Please keep your delusions over on the Political Forum.  Blind squirrels occasionally find acorns.   What part of my opinion that unless Allen drastically improved his accuracy, (backed up by hours of watching him on tape)  that the possibility was very real he was going to be a mega-bust. Or do you fail to comprehend that little factoid? Good For him, Bills Fans worship him. Keep on dredging up the past- hindsight is always 20\20. Too bad you now get a twofer on the Browns, Watson AND the Chosen Rosen? LOL, when does squirrel season start? 

Most blind squirrels just curl up and die....eh ?  Too graphic ?  

And yes some things do belong on the poli boards, one of the good things about TBB they have a nice place for political chit-chat and football and other chit-chat here.

Nice, eh ?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

In other words Cal was right and it pisses you off? Anyway pictures of Rosen without his shirt on, let's just say  didn't fit the image of an NFL quarterback.

WSS

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

In other words Cal was right and it pisses you off? Anyway pictures of Rosen without his shirt on, let's just say  didn't fit the image of an NFL quarterback.

WSS

Neither did Brady's back in his rookie year.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Nah- it pisses me off to no end that Cal is still breaking his arm slapping himself on the back and shouting from the rooftops years later that for once, he guessed right....  Perfect 20\20 hindsight. FWIW, as rare as it is that Josh Allen miraculously improved his accuracy, there's also in the same category QBs who sucked for years, and turned their careers around.. Like Jim Plunkett. 

Can Rosen do the same? Unlikely, but you never know. 

Would you like me to start posting on how right I was way back that the Browns seriously f**ked up not taking Ladinian Tomlinson? Or "It's a sin if we draft Quinn"? Forget Johnny Juicer and We-Done too? I don't need to puff out my chest on how "right" I was on those Steve... I'm just doing it now to refresh you memory.   It would be the same bullshit.  But a certain poster here needs to puff up his ego on an outlier. As I said already hindsight is 20\20... 

Speaking about picking quarterbacks, Draft classes, how good they can be......and who the BROWNS could have picked. 

Who were the quarterbacks drafted ahead of Tom Brady?

The 2000 NFL Draft was thought to be weak at the quarterback position, so only six quarterbacks were selected with the first 198 picks of the draft. They were as follows:

Round Pick Player Team
1 18 Chad Pennington Jets
3 65 Giovanni Carmazzi 49ers
3 75 Chris Redman Ravens
5 163 Tee Martin Steelers
6 168 Marc Bulger Saints
6 183 Spurgeon Wynn Browns

Would you like me to start posting on how right I was way back that the Browns seriously f**ked up not taking Ladinian Tomlinson?

big difference. I nor anyone else went apecrap and threatened to kick you off the board or warning points over disagreeing with others about anything. That is it - you had weepsies and beetchies over me disagreeing with your peepsies. lol

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

big difference. I nor anyone else went apecrap and threatened to kick you off the board or warning points over disagreeing with others about anything. That is it - you had weepsies and beetchies over me disagreeing with your peepsies. lol

Weepsies? Beetchies? Peepsies?

You should get a million warning points - whatever they are - just for writing that nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

big difference. I nor anyone else went apecrap and threatened to kick you off the board or warning points over disagreeing with others about anything. That is it - you had ( ?)    weepsies and beetchies over me disagreeing with your peepsies. lol

I'm not sure I've ever seen those three words on a sports or any other kind of board and honestly do not know what they mean. 

I'll take a big pass on that for now.      :blink:

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen those three words on a sports or any other kind of board and honestly do not know what they mean. 

I'll take a big pass on that for now.      :blink:

sorry, you can ask Flugels - it's a old thing.....