THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

Supposedly Watson said he would accept 8 games.  But that's not good enough for the league.  

I say, if it's more than 6 games then give the league the middle finger and take 'em to court.  As it is, 6 games is probably enough to put the season in the dumpster but there might be some slim chance at a playoff run.  Any more than that and the season is trash anyway.  I mean, we're not talking about a RB or a WR.  We're talking about the most important position on a team.   Now, I understand that whether it's a RB, WR, or QB, doesn't mean that punishment should be different between them.....but they're jerking the team around when it affects the most important cog in the machine.

18 hours ago, D Bone said:

So I finally watched the game tonight and I couldn't agree more. Watson looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe but that field. His eyes looked glazed and he was emotional less. 

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have not paid much attention to Watson and the only games I've watched him in were against the Browns, with maybe 2 or 3 others that I watched as a casual fan and maybe that's his normal look, but man, dude looked fireless. 

....... are you ready for some football? 

Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

Supposedly Watson said he would accept 8 games.  But that's not good enough for the league.  

I'm sure he would. 

But I'd be shocked if the NFL went through all this just to tack on 2 games.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

No Mickey Ds…he was at Happy Ending Burger!

158F389C-6C03-487F-8E65-07A1B12085B1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Has Mr DW figured it out yet that he doesn't need to put up with all of this hassle ?   

The Cleveland Browns have guaranteed his future of being a rich player no matter what he does or how he performs or even whether he's in shape or not.  

He hasn't played in forever and is facing even more real NFL hitting and action to be lost.  This in a game where not being 100% sharp is so crucial. 

Bottom line the BROWNS  are screwed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office.  🤣

I've always enjoyed Phil Sims as a opinion-tive straight shooter..(unbias on many players)  Bill Parcell's coaching/tude has taught him well in his next job career... Sure he's got haters (players included) But when I look for QB opinions? He's not been short on his words or opinions... I hope he's right on Brissett..👍(high praise from Phil in video) former Colts coach Chuck Pagano has spoken highly of Jacoby Brissett also..Brissett replaced Peyton Manning.. Knew not a play when he was acquired..  

Might explain the many Watson Hoodie looks at Camp? 

ok, that's enough piling on penalties 

On 8/4/2022 at 12:11 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Congratulations Roger, you managed to make a system look more foolish than Congress.

Take a bow douchebag.

👍

Months...

And Somehow were right back to where this whole 💩show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

Call it Harvey !

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

👍

Months...

And Somehow were right back to where this whole 💩show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

Call it Harvey !

The Browns traded for Watson five months ago today.

It's been a smooth ride, hasn't it? 

I was hoping for 48 games, maybe only 18.....but that wouldn't have seemed fair. lol

the three first round picks will surely never come back.

but, maybe........................                                             

42 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

11? Odd choice 

Heard a lot of conflicting information, but the prevailing thought is 11 was chosen so Watson can play 6 games thus accruing a season on his contract. Longer term, it means he can roll into the actual meat of his contract next year without any financial repercussions.  

Must admit I am surprised that DW and his team were willing to settle for this.

Now I suppose we trade for Jimmy G. Can't imagine we're sticking with Brissett for 11 games. Or we just field one of our RBs as a QB, and they just hand the ball off to each other every down. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, crstphr2 said:

It is important to let this play out.

Things to note:

The owners are not subject to the CBA which this falls under.

The gambler is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

The PED user is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

The ball deflator is not subject to the Person Conduct Policy which this falls under.

All those comparisons are not applicable in this instance.

However, all of those comparisons are applicable in the court of public opinion.

The MOST notable legitimate comparisons are Big Ben (1 accusation - 6 games) and Zeke Elliot (1 accusation - 6 games)

Sue Robinson's quote "Egregious misconduct"

I think this will be upped by 2-6 games and he will be fined and he will be required to attend counseling (which he should do regardless).

The NFL won't want to look weak, but will not want this drawn out all season again.  So they won't go for the full season, but they will increase it. But not by so much as to draw appeals from the NFLPA.

8-12 games.

IMHO

Ding.

• Upvote 1

JG is a decent game manager who can keep errors down when facing teams he's supposed to beat.  Anything need-to-win and he shows why his contract is pretty wildly overvalued.  I would really only trade for him if 49ers are paying some chunk of the contract --- we can go 6-5 with Brissett just as easily as with JG and have money left over to get a C or another WR/DT/etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Game 12 @ Houston. 

I thought the NFL wanted to avoid that scenario.

Still waiting for the Texans to be stripped of those 3 #1s.

Good Luck with that…although the outrage is centered at Watson.  Meanwhile our organization probably pays the worst price in all of this and Texans were said to be culpable in all this too.    

Texans get Brissett led Browns most of the year 1st round draft pick.  Low-mid teens is my prediction.

We’d be better off with one year and contract doesn’t start until the following year. 

32 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Must admit I am surprised that DW and his team were willing to settle for this.

Now I suppose we trade for Jimmy G. Can't imagine we're sticking with Brissett for 11 games. Or we just field one of our RBs as a QB, and they just hand the ball off to each other every down. 

I really can't endorse that myself, for a few reasons. 

- Cost. JG's contract is a burden given his value.

- He isn't so head and shoulders above Jacoby that gives him what I just mentioned... value 

- He had less reps in camp with this team than Jacoby, so now he comes in and probably doesn't fare much better the first 6 games, at bare minimum.   So that burden of cost instead comes back around. 

Jimmy G is ok, but he has been blessed with a quality Oline, a great pass rush, the best running game and one of the more inventive head coaches in the NFL, and finally Deebo Samuel. 

For all I mention of Baker being elevated by talent around him, the, Jimmy G ain't far off.

Edit: Symp already beat me to it.  Nicely done.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

11? Odd choice 

So I looked up to find out how odd the number 11 really is.

Under the entertainment category:

The Number 11 in Entertainment and Culture (dimension1111.com)

Perhaps now they will update it to read something to the effect:

The NFL and Cleveland Browns Quarterback and sexual deviant Deshaun Watson agreed on an 11 game suspension stemming from Watsons egregious behavior at massage parlors.

40 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

JG is a decent game manager who can keep errors down when facing teams he's supposed to beat.  Anything need-to-win and he shows why his contract is pretty wildly overvalued.  I would really only trade for him if 49ers are paying some chunk of the contract --- we can go 6-5 with Brissett just as easily as with JG and have money left over to get a C or another WR/DT/etc.

Jimmy only made sense for a multitude of reasons if Watson was gone the whole year. If he (likely) gets cut? It's an interesting thought experiment, but no reason to give any assets at this point.

30 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Good Luck with that…although the outrage is centered at Watson.  Meanwhile our organization probably pays the worst price in all of this and Texans were said to be culpable in all this too.    

Texans get Brissett led Browns most of the year 1st round draft pick.  Low-mid teens is my prediction.

We’d be better off with one year and contract doesn’t start until the following year. 

I'm not a Brissett fan but I do think the Browns are improved. Don't do stupid stuff, they could win 10 games.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

The Browns lost negotiation leverage with this verdict, but the 9ers are likely still keen to shed at least part of his salary. I'll gladly defer to @tiamat63 assessment of the value, or lack thereof. If there is a good chance Jimmy gets cut, waiting for that is the smarter move anyway I suppose. 

My proposed 3 RB formation it is then! :D

• Thanks 1