THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Crap!  Nice weather.  Super Bowl team.  

Cleveland always has that 1st strike against them (weather) before getting to the bargaining table.  A dome is required.

Or at least a retractable roof Stadium.    Even though I enjoyed a lot of BROWNS and even more INDIANS games in the Ol' Muni.

And  domes can be used for a lot of other events $$$ year round rain or shine.  (Already postponed Guardians games this year,  May 22.)

But it never seemed to fly.  Oh well.......

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Cleveland always has that 1st strike against them (weather) before getting to the bargaining table.  A dome is required.

Haven't you heard that football is supposed to be played in cold crappy weather?  It doesn't matter that college football seasons ended by Thanksgiving and the NFL championship was played in early December.  I am not sure why the people in charge put bowl games in places like Pasadena, Mami, and New Orleans over places like Cleveland, Denver, and Boston?

I mean, football is supposed to be played in cold, miserable conditions, right?  LOL

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Haven't you heard

Yes, I've heard.  It goes in one ear and out the other.  -  Lets sit outside in sideways rain and/or snow rather than in a dome with a sweater or sweatshirt on....because you're not a 'real' football fan if ya don't.  

• Upvote 1

They played the Super Bowl in an outdoor stadium in New Jersey. February 2, 2014

Although the temp was in the 40’s

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

And welcome. Been to Curacao once for the Total Eclipse back in the 90s.  took quite a liking to the Senior Curacao while I was down there. The authentic beverage has been hard to find of late up here in the States.  Of course i get called a juicer here on the Board because I happen to like stuff like that.    

One of our Tailgate traditions has been to do a shot of Orange Curacao before heading to the stadium for a game. Zombo affectionately calls it "The Orange Shit".  :)  

Nice to see one of very few Curaçao exports make it all the way to Ohio! :) They seem to have a US distributor, but they are all they way in Cali
https://www.curacaoliqueur.com/where-to-buy

I am quite particular about my alcoholic beverages: pilsner beer, strong red wine and a few classic cocktails like whiskey sour. May have to make an exception for some orange shit if I ever make it to a tailgate #lifegoals

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

I am quite particular about my alcoholic beverages: pilsner beer, strong red wine............................

Sorry but here you must be more specific about red wine or hoorta, Tour and I will take you to task.😁🍷

And no matter how you specifically define "red wine", cal will label you an alcoholic.😱😄

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

They played the Super Bowl in an outdoor stadium in New Jersey. February 2, 2014

Yes, because it was New York.  Cleveland, Cincinnati, et all are not NY.  And they were lucky with the weather.  It could've been just about anything for weather in January.  Of course, back when they were called Championship Games they were played at the home team's stadium (team with best record).  But as was mentioned, those super bowls   championships were played in late December, not in today's February.  

Actually the earliest ever SB was January 9 in Pasadena, Rose Bowl..... nice cold weather site.  :lol:

Now they are all in February and it's not just the game it's the overall logistics of SB Week,  travel, hotels, and everything else.   

Even a  SB in a northern dome is a big gamble if there's a midwinter blizzard.   Oh well probably will not be in..... 

images (4).jpeg

19 hours ago, Orion said:

Breaking news.. Clowney just resigned with the Browns..https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-re-signing-jadeveon-clowney-to-one-year-11-million-deal

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh and you'll never host a super bowl, ever.

LOL!!! Neither will at lest 10 other NFL teams... Bears... Patriots... KC...  Steelers :D Besides the weather, Ketchup Field is totally inadequate to host the Super Bowl... Throw in the Bengals and Ravens too...  However...  Cinci is in line to host (from a much larger world-wide perspective)  one of the World Cup Soccer matches at Paul Brown.  :)   

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Mogen David 20/20 Banana Red Wine, 750 mL - Metro Market

I've posted this before, but in case you've missed it....  http://www.bumwine.com/md2020.html I still get quite a hoot every time I re read it.  :D 

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York.  This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark.  MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called "Mad Dog 20/20".  You'll find this beverage as often in a bum's nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink.  This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn't stop any bums from drinking it!  Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside.  Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain.  Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster.  Available in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop.

Liquor stores are starting to be infiltrated by a 13% variety of MD 20/20 Red Grape.  There is also a new "Blue Raspberry" flavor with "BLING BLING".  Even the lowest functioning of bums will know not to get swindled out of 5%.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I've posted this before, but in case you've missed it....  http://www.bumwine.com/md2020.html I still get quite a hoot every time I re read it.  :D 

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York.  This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark.  MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called "Mad Dog 20/20".  You'll find this beverage as often in a bum's nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink.  This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn't stop any bums from drinking it!  Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside.  Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain.  Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster.  Available in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop.

Liquor stores are starting to be infiltrated by a 13% variety of MD 20/20 Red Grape.  There is also a new "Blue Raspberry" flavor with "BLING BLING".  Even the lowest functioning of bums will know not to get swindled out of 5%.

A.K.A. Listerine.

Graphic of Listerine Total Care bottle laid flat on a white counter next to a small glass cup

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Breaking news.. Clowney just resigned with the Browns.

I love when karma circles back and slaps me in the face, in a good way.  :)

• Like 1

We should be so lucky that OTA's start today & The Bermuda Boys have landed...🏝️

The page 2 theme has gone from.. SRV's "could not stand the whether" to.... don't mix pine twigs/shroom's with Mad Dog 20/20 at any point 🤣

I love this Bar

carry on

18 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Actually the earliest ever SB was January 9 in Pasadena, Rose Bowl..... nice cold weather site.  :lol:

Now they are all in February and it's not just the game it's the overall logistics of SB Week,  travel, hotels, and everything else.   

Even a  SB in a northern dome is a big gamble if there's a midwinter blizzard.   Oh well probably will not be in..... 

images (4).jpeg

Exactly.  Even if the game is out of bad weather, everything else might no be.  One also have to consider that the SB isn't as much for the fans as it is the major sponsors.  More than half the tickets are given to companies like Coca Cola and whoever to use as they please.

Face it, I love going to Cleveland.  I live in Tennesse a stones throw away from the Ga border.  I use my season tickets, but if and when I go to a Superbowl, for what it is going to cost, I don't want a Cleveland or Chicago in Feb.  Nor do many others.  Give me New Orleans or Tampa or Socal.

The saga goes on.....and on.....and on.

With several accusers set for national interview, Deshaun Watson could meet with NFL investigators again

Charles Robinson
Charles Robinson
·NFL columnist
Fri, May 20, 2022, 8:06 PM·3 min read

HOUSTON — After three days of questioning as part of what attorney Rusty Hardin called a “very detailed and aggressive investigation,” Deshaun Watson’s meetings with the NFL may not be over.

Hardin told Yahoo Sports that the Cleveland Browns quarterback may have to sit for another day of questions soon as the league’s investigation nears a conclusion. Watson’s meetings with NFL representatives began in Houston on Monday and went through Wednesday, delving into the 22 civil lawsuits pending against him in which women allege a range of sexual misconduct or sexual assault.

The interview unfolded on the precipice of several of Watson’s accusers preparing to go public in a joint interview with "HBO’s Real Sports," which is set to air next week. Several women with pending civil lawsuits have also met with the NFL. A league source told Yahoo Sports on Friday that investigators may seek additional interviews with those plaintiffs before making a decision on their findings.

Hardin declined to share details or characterize how the meetings with the NFL concluded, but said Watson was focused on cooperating with investigators and proving that he’s innocent of the allegations made in the lawsuits and did nothing to violate the league’s personal conduct policy during his interactions with his 22 accusers.

“Deshaun has and will continue to fully cooperate with the NFL in what is clearly a very detailed and aggressive investigation,” Hardin said. “He has voluntarily answered every single question over a long and tedious three days, and there may be another day as well in the near future. The investigators were very prepared, have obviously done a great deal of research and work on the case and Deshaun has been incredibly forthcoming and honest with them.

“The NFL investigation continues and the time frame .........CONTINUED ON YAHOO SPORTS,  MAY 23, 2020 A.D.

45 minutes ago, nickers said:

So friggin hilarious... LMAO!... Only in Cleveland!...

Yes unfortunately the national (and maybe international) media and people are having a good laugh with Cleveland as the butt of all of this.  Sad.

GO BROWNS,  this stuff can't end soon enough. 

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Exactly.  Even if the game is out of bad weather, everything else might no be.  One also have to consider that the SB isn't as much for the fans as it is the major sponsors.  More than half the tickets are given to companies like Coca Cola and whoever to use as they please.

Face it, I love going to Cleveland.  I live in Tennessee a stones throw away from the Ga border.  I use my season tickets, but if and when I go to a Super Bowl, for what it is going to cost, I don't want a Cleveland or Chicago in Feb.  Nor do many others.  Give me New Orleans or Tampa or Socal.

Besides the major sponsors 'Peen.. Add in the respective team's corporate sponsors. Also the celebs who can afford the secondary market going price for the week long "Experience".  Regular fans have been priced out. My hat's off to you for being correct about us season ticket holders not having a chance at face value Super Bowl Tickets.  

If you missed it... The owner of our local wine store has been a Bengals season ticket holder from Day One.  50 yard line, row 2 behind the Bengals bench. Get asked if he would be interested in Super Bowl tickets? Um, nope.  

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I donno, pine needle tea can be pretty intoxicating, especially if you add a sprig of mushroom.🍄😹

bs. A morel mushroom added to pine needle tea is not intoxicating at all. The mix would have vitamin C, a good bit of vitamin d, etc etc.

https://www.nutrition-and-you.com/morel-mushroom.html

Right now, I have a cold, so I'm making some common mallow tea for that. Then I read more of sleazy's legal issues.

3 first round draft picks. and more. and .....guaranteed contract for....

dammit.

20 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

bs. A morel mushroom added to pine needle tea is not intoxicating at all. The mix would have vitamin C, a good bit of vitamin d, etc etc.

https://www.nutrition-and-you.com/morel-mushroom.html

Right now, I have a cold, so I'm making some common mallow tea for that. Then I read more of sleazy's legal issues.

3 first round draft picks. and more. and .....guaranteed contract for....

dammit.

You are using the wrong mushroom!!   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushroom

And I thought we were discussing sleazy orange man's legal issues over there now.🙇‍♂️😇

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You are using the wrong mushroom!!   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushroom

And I thought we were discussing sleazy orange man's legal issues over there now.🙇‍♂️😇

Careful now.. You'll become a "Calfoholic"

• Haha 2