THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

11 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Even if the game is out of bad weather, everything else might no be

Yeah, northern non-NY cities aren't as desirable as warm weather sites.  But with a dome you probably would get one.

The actual SB game is the last thing on corporate minds.  It's the days leading up to it where everyone wants to make their money.  Shops, clubs, restaurants, hotels, etc. see the game as,  The few hours before everyone packs up and goes home.  

meanwhile, back to the subject - the preview - on Fox 8 tomorrow at six, a bombastic statement by one of the women who are suing sleazy watson.

so, I saw on the sports news that the browns released Felix Harper, qb.

who is black.

Now, the question I bring up is, with not THAT many black qb's in the NFL, how is it that the browns traded for, signed FOUR black qbs this year? without doing it UNintentionally? It seems to show their desire to be popular with the big cities for bigger network contracts. The giant hideous price they paid for sleazy is the first of four indications that they had some kind of intent to do what they did.

I wouldn't think to ask the question, except for the 3 first round draft picks and guaranteed con......

dammit.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

meanwhile, back to the subject - the preview - on Fox 8 tomorrow at six, a bombastic statement by one of the women who are suing sleazy watson.

who is black.

Now, the question I bring up is, with not THAT many black qb's in the NFL, how is it that the browns traded for, signed FOUR black qbs this year? without doing it UNintentionally? It seems to show their desire to be popular with the big cities for bigger network contracts. The giant hideous price they paid for sleazy is the first of four indications that they had some kind of intent to do what they did.

I wouldn't think to ask the question, except for the 3 first round draft picks and guaranteed con......

dammit.

Look up the word perseveration.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Look up the word perseveration.

But first, have cal tell us more stories of him hitting on older men at grocery stores and doctor offices by using the Browns as a conversation starter.

Those stories are gold! 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

Besides the major sponsors 'Peen.. Add in the respective team's corporate sponsors. Also the celebs who can afford the secondary market going price for the week long "Experience".  Regular fans have been priced out. My hat's off to you for being correct about us season ticket holders not having a chance at face value Super Bowl Tickets.  

If you missed it... The owner of our local wine store has been a Bengals season ticket holder from Day One.  50 yard line, row 2 behind the Bengals bench. Get asked if he would be interested in Super Bowl tickets? Um, nope.  

I considered the others.  I just didn't feel the need to extend the list.  It goes on and on.  Teams get so many tickets.  It can't be that many.  Maybe 100? 200?  You have to give some of the employees a ticket.  As you said, people who make the decisions at First Energy probably get a few.  As for season ticket holder, they usually have some sort of lottery and maybe 10 fans get a couple of tickets.

Again, the SB really isn't for the fans.  It's a party for the NFL to celebrate.  I don't get all worked up over it because I get it....it is what it is.

People on this thread acting as if the Browns had been going to Superbowls recently and the Watson drama has derailed the franchise. Truths

We weren't doing crap before Watson 

Watson is our best chance at getting to a Superbowl

Watson seems creepy

Grand jury(who will indict anything) went through 22 separate charges and did not indict. Go ahead and find a case where someone was facing more than 10 and not 1 charge stuck. Says something negative about the plaintiffs no matter how you want to spin it.

The plaintiffs  (women) situation seems weird they all represented by the McNair's (Texans owners) good friend and neighbor

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

who is black.

dammit.

The Cleveland Browns are choosing their QBs "to be popular with the big cities for bigger network contracts".

What?

There is so much wrong with that, that I don't know where to begin.

Z

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

The Cleveland Browns are choosing their QBs "to be popular with the big cities for bigger betwork contracts".

What?

There is so much wrong with that, that I don't know where to begin.

Z

Start over on the other board. Then you'll understand.😂

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Start over on the other board. Then you'll understand.😂

Ya, no thanks, but the only big city the Browns want to be popular in is in Cleveland, and they only way to do that is winning. I think that is what drives the roster, lol.

Z

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I considered the others.  I just didn't feel the need to extend the list.  It goes on and on.  Teams get so many tickets.  It can't be that many.  Maybe 100? 200?  You have to give some of the employees a ticket.  As you said, people who make the decisions at First Energy probably get a few.  As for season ticket holder, they usually have some sort of lottery and maybe 10 fans get a couple of tickets.

Again, the SB really isn't for the fans.  It's a party for the NFL to celebrate.  I don't get all worked up over it because I get it....it is what it is.

Oh, I'm not worked up about it at all... Except 'Peen...  The two teams that actually make it to the Super Bowl get 18.5% of the available tickets. If you want to assume SoFi seats 80,000. That means the Bengals got nearly 15,000 tickets....  AND long time season ticket holders still got shut out.  Yes, the Browns only got 700 tickets or so this past February, those probably went to players & their wives, coaches, and a few big buck corporate sponsors.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Ya, no thanks, but the only big city the Browns want to be popular in is in Cleveland, and they only way to do that is winning. I think that is what drives the roster, lol.

Z

Winning cures a lot of ills....it always has regardless of the city or sport.  The tricky part how do you go about accomplishing that. 

It always starts with the upper ownership and management and works it way down and that's true in almost every organization business,  sports,  whatever.

If you're lacking (or rotten) at the top you've got big problems.   You can't expect the janitor to lead the way.  

Right now despite some good parts the Cleveland BROWNS have some issues to work through.  You want to b

e mentioned favorably on the sports page not the butt of jokes on the front page. 

★ Remember too loyal fans will remain loyal fans they just don't need this extra BS that's going around now.  Your starting quarterback is supposed to lead the team not come off as some stupid sleazy dude.

Any helpful suggestions  ? 

GO BROWNS,  we love ya'.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

who is black.

dammit.

this makes the top 10 list 

14 hours ago, laiccm said:

People on this thread acting as if the Browns had been going to Superbowls recently and the Watson drama has derailed the franchise. Truths

We weren't doing crap before Watson 

Watson is our best chance at getting to a Superbowl

Watson seems creepy

Grand jury(who will indict anything) went through 22 separate charges and did not indict. Go ahead and find a case where someone was facing more than 10 and not 1 charge stuck. Says something negative about the plaintiffs no matter how you want to spin it.

The plaintiffs  (women) situation seems weird they all represented by the McNair's (Texans owners) good friend and neighbor

You don't seem to understand the situation. The reason the grand jury didn't indict is because they found no criminality in being a scumbag. 

Watson is being charged with sexual misconduct which although not a crime, can be subject to a civil suit. Inappropriate touching for example is  sexual misconduct or harassment. Not being indicted for a crime doesn't absolve him from being punished for behavior unbecoming an NFL player. I believe the 22 women.

And no one is acting as if the Browns had been going to Super Bowls. Don't know how the fuck you derived at that.

Yeah Watson seems creepy. At least you got that right.

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Oh, I'm not worked up about it at all... Except 'Peen...  The two teams that actually make it to the Super Bowl get 18.5% of the available tickets. If you want to assume SoFi seats 80,000. That means the Bengals got nearly 15,000 tickets....  AND long time season ticket holders still got shut out.  Yes, the Browns only got 700 tickets or so this past February, those probably went to players & their wives, coaches, and a few big buck corporate sponsors.  

Thanks for reminding me on the 18% figure.  I somehow knew that and didn't remember.

It still sounds like you are worked up over season ticket holders being shut out.  

As I have come to understand, the conference championships are for the fans.  Season ticket holders are first in line to be able to buy those.  I don't have to buy the tickets to my seats if I don't want to buy them.  Those aren't included in your season ticket package.  The Superbowl is for the league and sponsors.  It's probably been that way for the last 30 or more years.

Your season tickets are good for home games, not games outside of the teams stadium.  I do get that it would be nice if us fans had a shot at some tickets, and I am sure some do.  If I had to guess it starts with suite holders.  PB stadium probably has 100 suites.  Each person or company that owns one probably gets a shot at tickets and it is probably more like 10-20 tickets available for each, not 2.

This... who's the hole thing may never end

I've read/seen all I'm gonna see..

Your NFL Conduct Policy can talk big talk about players not hurting your NFL brand..

So, at this time, the only thing Watson may have done was use his NFL money/nfl fame to outsource to many massage's..

Amend your conduct policy books & move along to waiting the outcome of the civil cases next season..

I'm going with D. Wat get's 2 suspended games.. Panthers/Jets..

Back for the Steelers on TNF sounds NFL'ish

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gorka said:

You don't seem to understand the situation. The reason the grand jury didn't indict is because they found no criminality in being a scumbag. 

Watson is being charged with sexual misconduct which although not a crime, can be subject to a civil suit. Inappropriate touching for example is  sexual misconduct or harassment. Not being indicted for a crime doesn't absolve him from being punished for behavior unbecoming an NFL player. I believe the 22 women.

And no one is acting as if the Browns had been going to Super Bowls. Don't know how the fuck you derived at that.

Yeah Watson seems creepy. At least you got that right.

Your're not making sense. If Watson forced oral sex or touching of the sort (including ejaculation) as the plaintiffs stated-that is a crime., You don't seem to understand the law or what I was saying. A grand jury have and will indict over much less. Research the Tyson rape case for example. Desiree Washington went to Tyson's hotel room alone at 1am approximately, both said something sexual happened, No physical evidence, Tyson said it was consensual, Washington said it wasn't. Tyson did 3 years in prison. 

Grand juries are so apt to indict that the Freedom project was invented to gain release from the falsely imprisoned. I tried to intern for them when I was in law school. There are people serving decades in prison with no physical evidence. 

For this grand jury in Texas to comb through 22 separate charges, not a class action suit...and do nothing on  single sorry.....sorry homie...those plaintiffs look bad. Come to find out none of them called the police and all have the same attorney because multiple attorneys turned them down. 

When people are saying you sold the Browns future for this guy...wtf was the past? That's a variable on the future. The past is no Superbowls......

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2022 at 12:30 AM, calfoxwc said:

who is black.

dammit.

Hilariously ridiculous....maybe all the white QBs keep letting them down so they're trying something else??lol....or maybe...just maybe... you didn't notice that all the quarterbacks are tall, mobile with big arms and 2 of them have solid resumes and 3 of the 4 were very inexpensive?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Is it because he is trying to buy loyalty?

Is it because he is apologizing for what they are going through because of him?

Honestly trying to team build?

A mixture of the 3?

Because he can afford it? 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, laiccm said:

A.  .Is it because he is trying to buy loyalty?

B.   Is it because he is apologizing for what they are going through because of him?

C.   Honestly trying to team build?

And yes A, B, C  .....A mixture of the 3?

D. Trying to repair some of the damage he has created.

E. Maybe he feels bad that he got this monster contract   -and-   has caused the city of  Cleveland and the  BROWNS to become the NFL laughingstock in the league. 

I'm sure there are more.

GO BROWNS  !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just to focus on the current ongoing problems like I always say follow the money.  Just look at the guaranteed money and signing bonuses. 

Is he worth what the BROWNS have shelled out so far and how much to repair the BROWNS' image and more.  A colossal mess and they are married to it for years.

Will a Super Bowl make it even ? Maybe. 

Current Contract

Deshaun Watson signed a 5 year, $230,000,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $44,965,000 signing bonus, $230,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $46,000,000. In 2022, Watson will earn a base salary of $1,035,000 and a signing bonus of $44,965,000, while carrying a cap hit of $10,028,000 and a dead cap value of $230,000,000.

His age....base salary....signing bonus.....cap hit...dead cap...yearly cash.  Nice franchise quarterback numbers.   :o

CONTRACT TERMS:5 yr(s) / $230,000,000 SIGNING BONUS$44,965,000 AVERAGE SALARY$46,000,000 GTD AT SIGN:$230,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$230,000,000 FREE AGENT:2027 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE bSALARBaseY SIGNING CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH
2022   27 $1,035,000 $8,993,000 $10,028,000 $230,000,000 $46,000,000($46,000,000)
2023   28 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $219,972,000 $46,000,000($92,000,000)
2024   29 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $164,979,000 $46,000,000($138,000,000)
2025   30 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $109,986,000 $46,000,000($184,000,000)
2026   31 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $54,993,000 $46,000,000($230,000,000)
2027   32 UFA  
Contract Notes:
  • $230M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2022 salary + 2023 salary + 2024 salary + 2025 salary + 2026 salary)
  • $44.965M Signing Bonus
  • Language exists that will not forfeit signing bonus or void future guarantees upon suspension
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

230 million reasons...thats like a 10 dollar secret santa to him.

He wont see the field...230 million pissed away

I wonder how much DW is going to give to the community,  charities,  unpublished and unseen gifts to the community that he's embarrassed. 

OR is he going to wait and see what these broads and their lawyers are going to hit him up for before playing secret santa to anyone.  

.......oh things like signing bonuses like workout bonuses  or reporting bonuses just crack me up. HOW ABOUT guarantees for performance ?  These top level players really have it made now.

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

On 5/25/2022 at 7:18 AM, Westside Steve said:

Not that it really proves anything one way or the other. WTF is going on just after 11 minutes?

Hard to imagine all 22 are lying or that all 22 are telling the whole truth.

WSS

Looks like HBO or somebody decided to disable the video, oh well. Of the two chicks the first one scene. Thought I'd like the second one a little bit not so much. Here's a recap from Sports Illustrated.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/25/questions-browns-still-havent-answered-on-deshaun-watson

And I'm guessing it's probably option three.

WSS

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just to focus on the current ongoing problems like I always say follow the money.  Just look at the guaranteed money and signing bonuses. 

Is he worth what the BROWNS have shelled out so far and how much to repair the BROWNS' image and more.  A colossal mess and they are married to it for years.

Will a Super Bowl make it even ? Maybe. 

Current Contract

Deshaun Watson signed a 5 year, $230,000,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $44,965,000 signing bonus, $230,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $46,000,000. In 2022, Watson will earn a base salary of $1,035,000 and a signing bonus of $44,965,000, while carrying a cap hit of $10,028,000 and a dead cap value of $230,000,000.

The yearly numbers.....base salary....salary.....cap hit...dead cap...yearly cash.  Nice franchise numbers.   :o

CONTRACT TERMS:5 yr(s) / $230,000,000 SIGNING BONUS$44,965,000 AVERAGE SALARY$46,000,000 GTD AT SIGN:$230,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$230,000,000 FREE AGENT:2027 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE bSALARBaseY SIGNING CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH
2022   27 $1,035,000 $8,993,000 $10,028,000 $230,000,000 $46,000,000($46,000,000)
2023   28 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $219,972,000 $46,000,000($92,000,000)
2024   29 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $164,979,000 $46,000,000($138,000,000)
2025   30 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $109,986,000 $46,000,000($184,000,000)
2026   31 $46,000,000 $8,993,000 $54,993,000 $54,993,000 $46,000,000($230,000,000)
2027   32 UFA  
Contract Notes:
  • $230M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2022 salary + 2023 salary + 2024 salary + 2025 salary + 2026 salary)
  • $44.965M Signing Bonus
  • Language exists that will not forfeit signing bonus or void future guarantees upon suspension

Yeah, for us peons that's a lot of money... But It's also before taxes.  Wonder how guys like Watson shelter that money from the IRS? Top federal rate 37%, Ohio 3.6%, Cleveland 2.5% agent 3%...   We're up to 46% and when you're making that much, the amount you can put in an IRA isn't even chump change.  Oh- add in another 1.45% Medicare tax, and there's no limit on how much the uber rich have to keep paying.  

Wonder if the IRS will let Deshaun deduct that team junket to the Caribbean as a "business expense".  :)  

• Upvote 1