THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

You guys are terrible !    :lol:

We're worse that that. When someone told me on the rabbit hole board that no one there liked me my first thought was, "Yes, mission accomplished!!"😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh God I remember those as a kid....with plenty of soy sauce. 

My mother was such a bad cook (as was her mother) that she didn't have enough sense to know that stuff was pure shit in a can and in our home if it was on your plate you could not leave until every morsel of whatever was there was eaten. That stuff made me wonder if this was the real reason that those kids were starving in China. They could not possibly eat it.🤢🤮

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Watson needs Johnny Depp's team.

Z

Anyone suing a woman could use that approach,  a lead attorney who is nice looking and could rip into her.

Oh BTW Beiber has a no hitter through 5, 7 Ks in a groove. Up 5-0, 34-1 when up 5+.   :D   Oooops, gone. 9 Ks, shutoff ball to 7.

...... oh BTW CLE 6-3 final.  W4. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Ezekiel Elliot and Ben Roethlisberger were both suspended under the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy, without ever being charged with a crime. So this isn’t exactly setting a precedent, just Goodell playing Judge, Jury, and Executioner.

This is more or less my point though. There weren't ongoing legal proceedings in those examples, but there are in this case. Dishing out a lengthy suspension while the cases are being tried can be seen as influencing the outcome thereof, opening the door to a liability suit. As much as Goodell may want to do as you say, I think the league will be cautious in this case.

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:17 PM, mjp28 said:

That's some leeway alright.   :o

True.  Roethlisberger's suspension was originally supposed to be for 6 games until Goodell reduced it later to 4 games for (do I dare say) good behavior? 

Was Ben really doing all the right things?  Or, did the 1 NFL owner (Rooney) that heavily campaigned for Roger Goodell to receive a consensus of approval from the rest of the owners to select him as NFL Commish -  need a big favor for the face of his franchise and/or the rest of that season?    

If there is a suspension, it'll be interesting to see if Watson is given an opportunity to reduce his suspension as well.

• Upvote 2

Heard on sports radio that he ...was going to pay off all 22 women a hundred thousand each. If they all had accepted, he would have been a Miami Dolphin -that was apparently the Miami requirement, from the discussion I heard.

But, 4 of the women said NO. So, here we are. dammit.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:53 AM, Korsou Dawg said:

This is more or less my point though. There weren't ongoing legal proceedings in those examples, but there are in this case. Dishing out a lengthy suspension while the cases are being tried can be seen as influencing the outcome thereof, opening the door to a liability suit. As much as Goodell may want to do as you say, I think the league will be cautious in this case.

and I like your way of processing this ..And the main media heads won't touch this detonator either.. 💣

My only optical conduct concerns start with..

Watson outsourced nearly 40 masseuses...can/will the league see this as a conduct to the game to suspensions/fined game checks? (oddly, I've been in Korsou's boat a while now..but, me thinks he only gets 2 games in 2022,back for Pitt game 3..

Your right..Pending Court claims should not be considered until 2023 games which than, could lead to more suspended games/fines..  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

and I like your way of processing this ..And the main media heads won't touch this detonator either.. 💣

My only optical conduct concerns start with..

Watson outsourced nearly 40 masseuses...can/will the league see this as a conduct to the game to suspensions/fined game checks? (oddly, I've been in Korsou's boat a while now..but, me thinks he only gets 2 games in 2022,back for Pitt game 3..

Your right..Pending Court claims should not be considered until 2023 games which than, could lead to more suspended games/fines..  

My biggest concern is BLM using an unfavorable scenario for Watson and using it as a platform  to cause more violence and turbulence in an already potentially volatile situation.. so all parties concerned will have to consider that...

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

While this may become true in time, I am getting sick & tired of Mike Florio's witch hunt on Watson.

Everyday he posts his views on this, and clearly he wants Watson & the Browns to suffer. Unprofessional journalism.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, syd said:

i believe its called prostition 

The world's oldest profession ?  ❤️.  How nice.   :lol:

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Our team has certainly fixed its cart to the Jackwagon side of things. We may look brilliant in a couple years, but looking pretty messy at the moment.

Z

At this point, I want the Browns to re-sign OBJ.

Let's go full dumpster fire! 

• Upvote 1

I don't care if Watson got happy endings.  If he was a sexual creep predator about it...whatever.  We have laws that try and establish what you can and can't do.  Again...if the laides were wronged, and win in court, good for them. if not...whatever.

If you are the Haslems and the Browns organization...for F**CKS SAKE!....just own it!  Come out say you don't care that Watson is into happy ending massages.  Have Dee Haslem come out and say that it's an understood if somewhat unbecoming norm in society that dudes visit people and places that perform this service.  If you claim to have the utmost confidence in Watson and the choice to trade for him...and sign him to a giant contract...OWN IT!  Nothing wrong with being honest about what we, as a people, do.  There are lots of places that sell this service and lots of dudes who purchase it...including Robert Kraft.  BIG DEAL!!!!  It wouldn't be as big a deal if the Browns and Haslems would just admit that they don't mind or care that Watson likes his wiener rubbed....

I'ts a bad look that you can't have a press conference or let anyone talk to the media, while also saying you did your due dilligence and fully support Watson....

The worst part is by saying you did your due dilligence, and then more charges come out.....you look like you didn't do your due dilligence, and by not talking or allowing any media access...you look like your support is just a veneer.   

9 hours ago, Bob806 said:

While this may become true in time, I am getting sick & tired of Mike Florio's witch hunt on Watson.

Everyday he posts his views on this, and clearly he wants Watson & the Browns to suffer. Unprofessional journalism.

Mike Florio is a lawyer I don't think that he said anything out of line.

Celebrities have their lives and careers ruined by lesser innuendo and for things that I don't necessarily think should be criminal all the time.

PS as of this morning there are 24.

WSS

SO  what else is new in the Cleveland BROWNS football world ?

Oh yeah the June 6-9 OTAs and then the mandatory full team workouts then real preseason  football starts soon. Then real football. 

That should be easy enough.     :)

GO BROWNS 2022 !

17 hours ago, Zombo said:

Our team has certainly fixed its cart to the Jackwagon side of things. We may look brilliant in a couple years, but looking pretty messy at the moment.

Z

I'm guessing they didn't think it out too well at the outset knowing that Watson didn't want to come here anyway and that Landing him would be a long shot. When it came to pass it was too late for plan a whatever that might have been.

WSS