THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Right. Haslam wants to win so bad he lost his mind (again). 

Sometimes I wish the NFL had a "Stepien Rule." 

Ah, when they are old like that we call them Manziel Moments, the NFL equivalent to Senior Moments.😁👨‍🦳

• Haha 1

The Watson story is the flavor of the month for sports media. 

Did players kneeling ruin the league?

Did Ben R.?

Bobby Kraft?

Jerry J?

Daniel Snyder?

Rubeun Foster?

Josh Brown?

Myles Garrett violence on the field?

Tom Brady deflating balls for a competitive advantage?

Numerous Drug and Alcohol issues across the league? 

How many times have we heard “I’ll never watch again” and a lot this comes from the media stoking the fire 

26 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Did Ben R.?

Bobby Kraft?

Jerry J?

Daniel Snyder?

Rubeun Foster?

Josh Brown?

How many times have we heard “I’ll never watch again” and a lot this comes from the media stoking the fire 

oh, please. You are comparing those with 60 women being.....

come on. That is trying too hard to ratonalize it away.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:34 AM, Riffer X said:

Also some interesting information on other drafted quarterbacks and others already on the teams in the same link worth a look at.

I like Jimmy's Cleveland BROWNS helmet with the circle arrow logo...is he coming or going ?    Does he know OR care? 

That's good.

Screenshot_2022-07-01_081415.jpg

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I like Jimmy's Cleveland BROWNS helmet with the circle arrow logo

It also works for the continuous rebuild process. Somehow I hear Charles Barkley's voice in my head when I see that picture " The Browns keep refreshing, and refreshing, and refreshing..........."

9 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Consistent with the Grand Jury findings that folks either don’t comprehend or don’t want to acknowledge. 

If this wasn’t the case he would have been indicted.  The organization or any other for that matter wouldn’t have pursued him and he would have been on the Commissioners exempt list….and rightfully so.

He sat out a year.  Give Him a fine, scold him, give him four games so The Karen’s and Kevin’s and all these media folks get their quarter pound of flesh.  

And trade Baker please. 

and let’s get ready for camp

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Very interesting, from what Jimmy is saying it could be good news for the Browns. But then again Roger and the NFL has it out for Cleveland 

How exactly does the NFL and Roger Goodell have it out for Cleveland? 

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/watson-likely-to-see-field-in-2022

Report: Deshaun Watson Likely To See Field in 2022

Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland reported that quarterback Deshaun Watson is "likely" to see the field in some capacity in 2022.

Quarterback Deshaun Watson's hearing with the NFL and judge Sue Robinson concluded on Thursday afternoon. Several interesting subplots emerged from the process, with many saying that things are trending in Watson's direction.

The star quarterback and his team allegedly pushed for zero discipline from the league office. They suggested that an unprecedented punishment was unfair considering the league didn't exercise harsh discipline unto owners Dan Snyder and Robert Kraft, both of whom dealt with similar allegations. 

While zero discipline is highly unlikely, it appears that the punishment won't be as extreme as some initially thought. The NFL reportedly leaked they hoped for an indefinite suspension with the idea of making Watson and his team cave into a longer suspension.

However, Watson held firm and could stand to gain from it. ESPN's Tony Grossi reported that he had two separate sources say that Watson would see the field in some capacity during the 2022 season.

Grossi added that both sources maintained anonymity because they weren't authorized to share details on the hearing. While the discussions went on behind closed doors, information continued to trickle out.

The league office supposedly admitted they are seeking an unprecedented suspension, but the NFLPA maintained that the discrepancy between the owners' punishment and Watson's is unacceptable.

We seem to be trending towards a suspension between six and eight games. No one can predict Judge Robinson's decision, but the code of conduct specifically outlined this situation.

If the league is unable to argue that a player's conduct was violent or with malicious intent, then the baseline for such allegations is six games. That would align with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and running back Ezekiel Elliot's suspensions earlier in the decade.

Browns wanted zero, NFL wants the season.   Likely 6-9 games is what the compromise will be. Shield doesn't get to look "weak" and the Brownies can float around .500 with some quality play and coaching, enough to give Deshaun a punchers chance and pushing them to the playoffs when he returns to the field. 

Shocked if it ends up being anything else.    So....  moving on then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Browns wanted zero, NFL wants the season.   Likely 6-9 games is what the compromise will be. Shield doesn't get to look "weak" and the Brownies can float around .500 with some quality play and coaching, enough to give Deshaun a punchers chance and pushing them to the playoffs when he returns to the field. 

Shocked if it ends up being anything else.    So....  moving on then.

A lot of hoopla for about an 8½ game suspension. 

● Then can DW resurrect his football career to near 100% ? 

● Can DW get any of the stench off his personal life ?  (Does it matter much ?)

● And most importantly how does this affect the BROWNS and their drive for the playoffs....the reason he was brought here ?   Right  ?

Geeezzz doesn't this seem like it has been going on for years,  I believe that the players will be ready to rock and roll  !

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If it does end up being a 6-8 game suspension, it will be what most of us expected back on March 18th when his signing with the Browns was announced. 

What a long road it has been. 

I expected 8.  I think 6.  I believe his career and life being interrupted like it was is enough.   But I Wouldn’t be surprised with 4.  Too many people were being spoon fed by Florio and Co….Anyone follow Florio lately?  

the new joker 

I'm not too familiar with this new process of deciding suspensions.  It used to be Roger GoToHell would suspend a player for whatever he wanted too.  Like Gordon...multiple indefinite suspensions.  Is there much of a history of this gal's rulings?

On 6/30/2022 at 11:19 AM, SdBacker80 said:

Did Ben R.?

Bobby Kraft?

Jerry J?

Daniel Snyder?

Rubeun Foster?

Josh Brown?

None of those instances completely destroyed the game, you are correct. That's a pretty low bar you are setting if you want to pimp Watson but it's your money.

WSS

(and I will keep repeating that plenty of brilliant entertainers and public figures have had their entire careers destroyed by much lesser allegations)

Also please note one of the rules of the Browns board. Any act of violence during a football game directed toward a Pittsburgh Steeler is completely fine.

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

Cal, Nickers, Steve and PoG when Deshaun plays week 8 and throws 3 TDs in the first half... 

12345.jpg

If I were a lesser man I might suggest you suck my cock. That is when you finish sucking DeShaun Watson's.

Just for the record my position has ALWAYS been that I will hold my nose and still root for the browns. Frankly I hope he gets hurt and Jacoby Brissett goes to the playoffs.

And though I will wish him well wherever he goes I will not purchase a Mayfield Carolina or Seattle Jersey like some of you did for a Dallas or Miami Kosar Jersey.

WSS

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Vambo said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/watson-likely-to-see-field-in-2022

Report: Deshaun Watson Likely To See Field in 2022

Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland reported that quarterback Deshaun Watson is "likely" to see the field in some capacity in 2022.

Quarterback Deshaun Watson's hearing with the NFL and judge Sue Robinson concluded on Thursday afternoon. Several interesting subplots emerged from the process, with many saying that things are trending in Watson's direction.

The star quarterback and his team allegedly pushed for zero discipline from the league office. They suggested that an unprecedented punishment was unfair considering the league didn't exercise harsh discipline unto owners Dan Snyder and Robert Kraft, both of whom dealt with similar allegations. 

While zero discipline is highly unlikely, it appears that the punishment won't be as extreme as some initially thought. The NFL reportedly leaked they hoped for an indefinite suspension with the idea of making Watson and his team cave into a longer suspension.

However, Watson held firm and could stand to gain from it. ESPN's Tony Grossi reported that he had two separate sources say that Watson would see the field in some capacity during the 2022 season.

Grossi added that both sources maintained anonymity because they weren't authorized to share details on the hearing. While the discussions went on behind closed doors, information continued to trickle out.

The league office supposedly admitted they are seeking an unprecedented suspension, but the NFLPA maintained that the discrepancy between the owners' punishment and Watson's is unacceptable.

We seem to be trending towards a suspension between six and eight games. No one can predict Judge Robinson's decision, but the code of conduct specifically outlined this situation.

If the league is unable to argue that a player's conduct was violent or with malicious intent, then the baseline for such allegations is six games. That would align with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and running back Ezekiel Elliot's suspensions earlier in the decade.

Hate to say I told you folks so, but that is exactly what @SdBacker80 and I have been doing. Snowed under by so many whiny drama-queen comments, it's no wonder these guys are pining for Baker LOL.

49 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Hate to say I told you folks so, but that is exactly what @SdBacker80 and I have been doing. Snowed under by so many whiny drama-queen comments, it's no wonder these guys are pining for Baker LOL.

Awww you feel better now child?...  A decision hasn't been made yet... I'm sure you and Dutch can't wait to be the first to lineup.... Genuflect and worship his pud... But hey.. I expect that from sellouts like you two...

41 minutes ago, nickers said:

Awww you feel better now child?...  A decision hasn't been made yet... I'm sure you and Dutch can't wait to be the first to lineup.... Genuflect and worship his pud... But hey.. I expect that from sellouts like you two...

Not sure why I'm getting thrown into this, but it warms the cockles of my heart to know nickers is thinking of me, even if he has me on ignore. 😁

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Not sure why I'm getting thrown into this, but it warms the cockles of my heart to know nickers is thinking of me, even if he has me on ignore. 😁

You mean the kind of ignore that you can see only if someone else quotes what he is ignoring?🙈😱😂

13 hours ago, Orion said:

I'm not too familiar with this new process of deciding suspensions.  It used to be Roger GoToHell would suspend a player for whatever he wanted too.  Like Gordon...multiple indefinite suspensions.  Is there much of a history of this gal's rulings?

This is her first with the NFL.  I would expect more fact finding and a commitment to due process.

https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2022/06/who-is-sue-l-robinson-the-retired-federal-judge-hearing-the-deshaun-watson-disciplinary-case.html?outputType=amp

• Thanks 1