THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield

Axe

OMG, fans quitting the Browns over Watson? Holy fuck, this is bad. I mean it, this is really bad.

This is going to be worse than all the Americans who left America over the election of Trump.

What is the end game of all this fucktard morality debate? The Browns announce that they made a mistake, cut Watson and get nothing for $230 million?

This is mental masturbation. It's done. The guy suits up next week and the only thing I care about is whether or not he pans out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

What is the end game of all this fucktard morality debate?

Good question, I'll try to answer.

Probably to divide and distract "we the people" and create apathy. An apathetic society can be run over. 

Personally, I didn't like the trade but my love affair with the Browns is strong. I stayed with 'em  (just like many many fans) after bone head draft picks, stupid FA acquisitions, etc. I don't think I'll go to hell over rooting for the Browns with Watson, or without. 

I've been debating canceling my season tickets, but I'm going to see how these last 6 games go. On that note, I do think the NFL's season ticket policy of sending in your $$ before the draft is BS.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

this is how bad it is - it won't go away. The End.

Mar 20, 2022By. Randy Oliver. -. March 20, 2022. The revolt against the Browns trading for Deshaun Watson has begun. While most football fans in Cleveland are overjoyed with the thought of their typically star-adverse city landing one of the top talents in the league, some are discontent with having an alleged sexual predator under center, and are doing ...

Time stamp...  3/20/2022   Watson starts  12/4/2022  You can now take your selective morality and leave the BROWNS Forum.. PERMANENTLY...  Please...  I hear Baker needs your support after he got benched in favor of SAM DARNOLD.   :D   

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Time stamp...  3/20/2022   Watson starts  12/4/2022  You can now take your selective morality and leave the BROWNS Forum.. PERMANENTLY...  Please...  I hear Baker needs your support after he got benched in favor of SAM DARNOLD.   :D   

Josh Rosen was your hero - "quick release" and "prototype pocket passer". So, your judgement is null and void.

and I was simply responding to diehard's stupid comment.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Fans don't disown a team over a quarterback trade.  You're no fan.   

I didn't disown the team. I love the players - I hate the trade, the FO and the OWNERS.

I was delighted they beat the Bucs. You're a sad kind of "man" on both forums. You want to give watson happy endings, that's on you.

On 11/27/2022 at 7:14 PM, Bob806 said:

Good question, I'll try to answer.

Probably to divide and distract "we the people" and create apathy. An apathetic society can be run over. 

Personally, I didn't like the trade but my love affair with the Browns is strong. I stayed with 'em  (just like many many fans) after bone head draft picks, stupid FA acquisitions, etc. I don't think I'll go to hell over rooting for the Browns with Watson, or without. 

I've been debating canceling my season tickets, but I'm going to see how these last 6 games go. On that note, I do think the NFL's season ticket policy of sending in your $$ before the draft is BS.

I was being rhetorical, but I appreciate your answer as it echoes my own  thoughts and feelings very well.

I will add to this my feeling that it really sucks donkey dick that we don't just get to enjoy the game and out team but have to be drawn into bullshit politics, social commentary, and morality.

I just want to enjoy the fucking games.

I am not going to debate Watson on any other plane than his play. Whether someone wants to debate all the side issues is fine w me. I just don't give a shit.

• Upvote 5

On 11/29/2022 at 10:11 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I am not going to debate Watson on any other plane than his play. Whether someone wants to debate all the side issues is fine w me. I just don't give a shit.

I agree....to a point.  If old or new, related to past issues or new issues, become a distraction or just too much of a black eye (like say, an Antonio Brown)....then ya gotta give a shit.  Until then, it's football.  And hopefully until then never comes.

9 hours ago, Orion said:

I agree....to a point.  If old or new, related to past issues or new issues, become a distraction or just too much of a black eye (like say, an Antonio Brown)....then ya gotta give a shit.  Until then, it's football.  And hopefully until then never comes.

I'm in synch with you. It would be good to just have the fucker out of the public eye altogether.

Let's hope we have another great Sunday. The last 10 days have had a high suck factor here in Memphis. Nothing that won't pass, but another great Browns win is always good for what ails ya.

On 11/27/2022 at 10:07 PM, Orion said:

Is Baker 3rd string in Carolina?

Let's look at our last cluster of 1st round QBs:

Brady Quinn who left Cleveland to be Tim Tebow's backup in Denver

Brandon Weeden drafted 2 rounds before someone way more intelligent drafted Russell Wilson. 

Johnny Blutarsky-Manziel:  If Woodstock had a High School Football Team looking for a Head Coach - he'd be perfect.  No playbook required here kids!

Baker Mayfield.  The end came fast after a promising start.  

Even more depressing is all of the QBs we could have selected since Bernie Kosar was the only QB we got right in the 1st round of the draft (albeit the Supplemental Draft) almost 40 years ago.

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 2

On 11/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, calfoxwc said:

Josh Rosen was your hero - "quick release" and "prototype pocket passer". So, your judgement is null and void.

and I was simply responding to diehard's stupid comment.

You're trying to make a mount out of a molehill Cal...  The above was Tour's assessment. Rosen was about my third choice.  Going to root for the Browns to lose tomorrow, just because you hate Watson? It wouldn't surprise me one bit.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You're trying to make a mount out of a molehill Cal...  The above was Tour's assessment. Rosen was about my third choice.  Going to root for the Browns to lose tomorrow, just because you hate Watson? It wouldn't surprise me one bit.  

No, I'm not. My opinion doesn't match yours - get over it. Rosen, I think was your third choice. Guess who was your fifth choice?

Josh Allen. Compare the two careers. I won that one. I'm not rooting for the dirtbag qb to win. It's complicated. Still want the rest of the Browns players to win. Bissett played his heart out, and deserves better.

43 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

No, I'm not. My opinion doesn't match yours - get over it. Rosen, I think was your third choice. Guess who was your fifth choice?

Josh Allen. Compare the two careers. I won that one. I'm not rooting for the dirtbag qb to win. It's complicated. Still want the rest of the Browns players to win. Bissett played his heart out, and deserves better.

Still tooting your horn you got that one right?  Damn fact Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn 1\2 the time at Wyoming, or you forget I scouted the hell out of him?    

I've gotten so many predictions right that I literally can't remember them all..... but it's the many I got wrong that still haunt my dreams.

I'm such a teenage girl deep down inside. Wait, can I start using their changing room at the gym? 

^ Oh man, that's gonna get me canceled. 

14 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I've gotten so many predictions right that I literally can't remember them all..... but it's the many I got wrong that still haunt my dreams.

I'm such a teenage girl deep down inside. Wait, can I start using their changing room at the gym? 

Oh lord, you going to start talking about the made-up war on Christmas next? 

26 minutes ago, D Bone said:

😆 I hear ya!   Slightly different but same feeling afterward:  I've gotten more predictions right that I didn't want to come true than ones I wanted to come true.  

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you "scout" like a grizzled old homeless guy - unless you parrot Tiam, as usual, who knows his stuff. Have a nice day.http:

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/homeless-guy-with-big-beard.jpg

On 11/28/2022 at 6:49 PM, calfoxwc said:

I didn't disown the team. I love the players - I hate the trade, the FO and the OWNERS.

I was delighted they beat the Bucs. You're a sad kind of "man" on both forums. You want to give watson happy endings, that's on you.

So happy now Cal? Browns win and Watson plays like crap?   

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

So happy now Cal? Browns win and Watson plays like crap?   

sorry your loverboy watson was allowed to make a bigger ass of himself on the field, instead of just in real life. I'm happy the rest of the players got a win. Without three TD's from the defense and spec teams.... the browns would have lost 8-3. The upside is, didn't watch it, was running errands, and was happy to avoid seeing stefanski trying to look intelligent on the sidelines.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry your loverboy watson was allowed to make a bigger ass of himself on the field, instead of just in real life. I'm happy the rest of the players got a win. Without three TD's from the defense and spec teams.... the browns would have lost 8-3. The upside is, didn't watch it, was running errands, and was happy to avoid seeing stefanski trying to look intelligent on the sidelines.

Your Panthers still having "a real fun season" cal? 

On 11/27/2022 at 3:04 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

OMG, fans quitting the Browns over Watson? Holy fuck, this is bad. I mean it, this is really bad.

This is going to be worse than all the Americans who left America over the election of Trump.

What is the end game of all this fucktard morality debate? The Browns announce that they made a mistake, cut Watson and get nothing for $230 million?

This is mental masturbation. It's done. The guy suits up next week and the only thing I care about is whether or not he pans out.

YES !    It's the big picture not the other totally rehashed to death minutiae  of the past year and a half. 

GO BROWNS,  just keep winning  ...... baby !

• Like 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-expected-to-release-qb-baker-mayfield-waivers

I'll be interested to see where his career goes from here. Say what you will, I have no ill will toward the guy. All the stuff said was just his personality and I'll never not believe he was a big reason the Browns have climbed out of the dumpster to least be competitive. Someone will pick him up as a backup, for sure, but will his ego allow the quiet role on a long-term backup? 

• Upvote 1