THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield

Axe

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

If we had Baker this year we would be in the playoffs 

With Baker at qb, if we had had Amari Cooper and Kelce in 2020, we would have gone to the SuperBowl.....................

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

With Baker at qb, if we had had Amari Cooper and Kelce in 2020, we would have gone to the SuperBowl.....................

To all the fucks who ran Baker out of town... Heres a BIG 🖕

• Haha 1

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

He will go 13-30 with 2 Picks next week…we have seen this act for 60 games 

Probably... But who cares.. It was fun to watch...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

And They will f this up and give him a playbook…just let him sling it 

He looked a hell of a lot more prepared than Mr.PeePee...

On 12/7/2022 at 11:14 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Like I said on Wednesday, "I don't think the fat lady has sung yet".

My steam on this issue is not about "did the Browns make a mistake", for regardless of what Baker does this is not about the Browns.

For me, I have a pet peeve about how people are judged in life. What they did in the past what they look like, how they behave, and the WORST thing, is analytics.

No man can be measured by this kind of bullshit.

Analytics were accepted so that bad coaches and scouts could keep their jobs longer by blaming busts and failures on "the numbers".

It happens in science, politics, medicine and furniture in sports.

What happened in Flint Michigan was caused by following the numbers and not understanding water.

For all the digital manipulation of data, teams are no better at drafting talent than if they drew straws.

I am rooting for Mayfield because his success will be in essence the embodiment of what I believe.

A man can do whatever he sets his mind and body to do.

Mayfield got some ref breaks tonight, sure. But not like Tom Brady gets. 48 hours a Ram and the guy does this? 

The experts are all shitting their pants tonight. But you mark my words, some cocksucker is going to come out and explain this by showing the "hidden analytics" that nobody looked at....but look, look...the numbers are there.....

Isn't it amazing how the fucking analytics are always 100% correct....the day after an event.

Mayfield is surely crowing tonight.

1 minute ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Credit where credit is due. That's quite the drive, especially for a QB who has only been with the team for 2 days!  

Isn't it remarkable he was "Accurate" and throwing Dimes all over the place? With a crap O-line in front of him?...meanwhile Watson looks like he never slung a pair of pads on... If Watson continues to struggle the next 2 games... I want a fucking refund on those picks and Brissett back on the field...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Isn't it remarkable he was "Accurate" and throwing Dimes all over the place? With a crap O-line in front of him?...meanwhile Watson looks like he never slung a pair of pads on... If Watson continues to struggle the next 2 games... I want a fucking refund on those picks and Brissett back on the field...

26 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Crickets...

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Haha. Wait till the Rams lose a game the haters will be back.

Ps #17 my personal favorite Browns QB 

Kismet?

WSS

I still say that he has too many shortcomings too mention, and I am very happy he is gone. At the same time, he played a solid game, and that last drive was particularly excellent. These two realities can co-exist IMO. 

All 22 will be available around 5:30p 

- A couple good throws by Baker and a couple more where the 'misses high' starts to show it's ugly head.  Fortunately L.A. has some tall bodies across the board.

- A lot of 2 & 3 man patterns plus 5&7 step action until the Rams had to go go go.  So pretty par the course. 

- Greg Gaines had a game. Always loved what he brings to the table. 

I'm surprised at the lack of 2nd half adjustments by the Oakland defense.  Then again, Josh McDaniels should have never been allowed to be a head coach again after the Denver debacle. His talent evaluation alone is piss poor at best.    I genuinely don't think their coaching staff prepared for the possibility of Mayfield playing. Which is mind blowing to me given that even I mentioned the similarities between the Browns and Rams offenses, him playing should have been well within their sight to see coming. How professionals weren't ready is very damning.   Even more so, going back to my comments on 2nd half adjustments, that last throw by Baker was a roll from 2 high shell to a robber look from the boundary safety.  There is about 5 years worth of film showing that his preferred trend is to lock onto boundary throws to the left. 

So dropping that safety in a man coverage look is a fatal error the Bengals made quite a bit.  

Top of page 35, first post.  Single high man and Baker beats it with a good throw. 

At that point, it's up to Jefferson to win his route and Baker to make a good throw.  Credit to both because they did just that. But the Raiders coaching staff might as well have tossed out a steak and rang the dinner bell.   

Which, if you toss on how hard McDaniels runs Jacobs at times, further reinforces my belief that he isn't long for that job.  

Oakland has now lost to a first time head coach with less than a week on a job.  Baker Mayfield with 3 days of prep and barely got by against the Broncos and their bottom dwelling offense. 

Fortunately for Baker, he gets a plus matchup next week against a Packers defense that has serious trouble at times stopping the run.

10 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

I still say that he has too many shortcomings too mention, and I am very happy he is gone. At the same time, he played a solid game, and that last drive was particularly excellent. These two realities can co-exist IMO. 

I guess so. If the Browns go to the Super Bowl and win It it won't matter the slightest bit.

WSS 

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:
7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm surprised at the lack of 2nd half adjustments by the Oakland defense.  Then again, Josh McDaniels should have never been allowed to be a head coach again after the Denver AND INDIANAPOLIS debacle.

Good for Baker.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-vs-raiders-score-takeaways-baker-mayfield-leads-historic-game-winning-drive-in-storybook-l-a-debut/live/

Rams vs. Raiders score, takeaways: Baker Mayfield leads historic game-winning drive in storybook L.A. debut

Mayfield magic was on full display Thursday night

6 hrs ago

"

The Los Angeles Rams scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to pull off a huge upset victory over the Las Vegas Raiders, 17-16. New Rams quarterback Baker Mayfield led an eight-play, 98-yard drive with 1:45 remaining in the fourth quarter down six points, and hit Van Jefferson for a 23-yard touchdown with just 10 seconds remaining.

According to Elias Sports Bureau, the Rams' 98-yard TD drive was the longest go-ahead TD drive that began in the final two minutes over the last 45 seasons.  "

• Haha 1